New Topic Respond to this Topic
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 14:47:14 Reply

At 9/25/12 01:00 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Pardon the double post, but... Just out of curiosity, how's everyone doing with the submissions?
Admittedly, I am excited, because we're at the semis after all. XD

yeah :D um im working on something, but im not sure it will be what i end up submitting. im doing walts, for the first time ever. and its pretty hard!

BBS Signature
Kor-Rune
Kor-Rune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 14:50:44 Reply

At 9/25/12 01:00 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Pardon the double post, but... Just out of curiosity, how's everyone doing with the submissions?

I've got the percussion finished, things are going smooth C:

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 15:17:11 Reply

At 9/25/12 02:47 PM, Waterflame wrote:
yeah :D um im working on something, but im not sure it will be what i end up submitting. im doing walts, for the first time ever. and its pretty hard!

Believe me, I'm attempting what I am attempting for the first time too, so I imagine we're on level ground.

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 15:24:18 Reply

Smooth sailing it seems, despite some here trying stuff they've never tried before. A risky but valiant move to do in the semi-finals!

As mentioned in the first post, we need more backup judges so if for instance any of you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a fishmonger whose cousin's lawyer knows a guy who can judge... or something... please refer them to me.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 16:36:41 Reply

At 9/25/12 03:24 PM, Step wrote: As mentioned in the first post, we need more backup judges so if for instance any of you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a fishmonger whose cousin's lawyer knows a guy who can judge... or something... please refer them to me.

Or you could take me.

Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 00:05:03 Reply

At 9/25/12 04:36 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 9/25/12 03:24 PM, Step wrote: As mentioned in the first post, we need more backup judges so if for instance any of you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a fishmonger whose cousin's lawyer knows a guy who can judge... or something... please refer them to me.
Or you could take me.

Related to a fishmonger is a necessity.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 06:24:30 Reply

At 9/26/12 12:05 AM, Echo wrote:
At 9/25/12 04:36 PM, camoshark wrote:
Or you could take me.
Related to a fishmonger is a necessity.

Any established people who aren't judges yet? I can think of Sorohanro and HFX -- HFX hasn't been reachable over the past month or so since she started work on her Represent a Country submission, and so couldn't hand it in on time. Sorohanro's probably a good person to ask, and he's quite fair with the comments he gives on mixing and musicality.

I'm not sure who else to recommend...

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 08:41:26 Reply

Okay i just finished writing the round 3 reviews after a bit of a caffeine binge, your tunes were all good so that was fun and easy, now please respond to them and also the ones I wrote for your previous submissions or I'll feel cheated :(

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 09:02:17 Reply

I've taken a look, thank you. : )
Grah, music structure about 50% done >_< To say nothing about embellishments.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 13:12:06 Reply

Reviews done. Commence the hate mail!

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 14:57:37 Reply

At 9/25/12 04:36 PM, camoshark wrote: Or you could take me.

Hired.

At 9/26/12 06:08 AM, Lasse wrote: i like neither of the artists' previous songs, making me unbiased, i should obviously be the sole judge of this competition

HIRED.

At 9/26/12 06:24 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Any established people who aren't judges yet? I can think of Sorohanro and HFX -- HFX hasn't been reachable over the past month or so since she started work on her Represent a Country submission, and so couldn't hand it in on time. Sorohanro's probably a good person to ask, and he's quite fair with the comments he gives on mixing and musicality.

Good call with sorohanro; I'll ask him. Most of HalcyonicFalconX's reviews aren't very impressive though, and she seems to have disappeared too.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 15:10:55 Reply

At 9/26/12 02:57 PM, Step wrote:
At 9/26/12 06:24 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Any established people who aren't judges yet? I can think of Sorohanro and HFX -- HFX hasn't been reachable over the past month or so since she started work on her Represent a Country submission, and so couldn't hand it in on time. Sorohanro's probably a good person to ask, and he's quite fair with the comments he gives on mixing and musicality.

Good call with sorohanro; I'll ask him. Most of HalcyonicFalconX's reviews aren't very impressive though, and she seems to have disappeared too.

But how many judges are we looking for in total? How many peers are there going to be in that little jury we're about to set up? If all say yes, we've got nine.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 15:31:07 Reply

At 9/26/12 03:10 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: But how many judges are we looking for in total? How many peers are there going to be in that little jury we're about to set up? If all say yes, we've got nine.

2 is already enough I think; then I'll be able to split the workload of one main judge to two backup judge if a main judge can't judge for this round. There's camoshark and if sorohanro says yes then it's all good.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-26 15:44:58 Reply

At 9/26/12 03:31 PM, Step wrote: 2 is already enough I think; then I'll be able to split the workload of one main judge to two backup judge if a main judge can't judge for this round. There's camoshark and if sorohanro says yes then it's all good.

So eight judges it is. Sounds like a good number.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 04:54:51 Reply

*le bump*
Because this thread has already gone to Page 2 of the Audio Forums, and the deadline is Friday.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 09:46:57 Reply

At 10/2/12 04:54 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: *le bump*
Because this thread has already gone to Page 2 of the Audio Forums, and the deadline is Friday.

She speaks the truth.

I told Echo to PM a reminder to all of you some time ago but I doubt he got round to it. Whatever the case - how are the submissions coming along everyone? Finished? Finalising? Barely started?

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 13:12:31 Reply

At 10/2/12 09:46 AM, Step wrote: Whatever the case - how are the submissions coming along everyone? Finished? Finalising? Barely started?

Music is almost done (I'm aiming to get it done tonight), vocal recording day is tomorrow! :D

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 15:01:38 Reply

I told Echo to PM a reminder to all of you some time ago but I doubt he got round to it. Whatever the case - how are the submissions coming along everyone? Finished? Finalising? Barely started?

I started on 3 diffrent things, but to be honest i dont like any of them. so lets say barely started :C

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 15:39:08 Reply

At 10/2/12 01:23 PM, Lasse wrote:
At 9/26/12 02:57 PM, Step wrote: HIRED.
alright what do i do

First, eat your own face.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-02 19:51:11 Reply

At 10/2/12 03:01 PM, Waterflame wrote:
I started on 3 diffrent things, but to be honest i dont like any of them. so lets say barely started :C

Basically the same story. I made progress but will likely start over.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-04 19:42:34 Reply

......please don't let me be the first to submit this round. It's already Friday where Waterflame and I are at.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-04 20:47:22 Reply

At 10/4/12 07:42 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: ......please don't let me be the first to submit this round. It's already Friday where Waterflame and I are at.

ill submit mine in a few hours! its a friggin mess and i started on it this morning, havent done anything else all day :| i had so much to do this week, so yeah. this was the only day i had time. so whatever comes out in the end have to be the finished product even if i like it or not. haha, so im not feeling confident about this one at all, but hey, atleast i tried :D

Looking forward to hearing your song! :)

BBS Signature
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-04 21:02:19 Reply

• -Clutterfunk-
    -Clutterfunk- by Waterflame

My submition for the NGADM round 4

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Ok when i said a few hours i guess i ment now. i dont really have time to fiddle any more with it.
This is one of those songs you need to give a chance, listen to it from start to end ;D
enjoy the mashup of 90's Breakbeat, Dubstep, Orchestral, chiptune and glitch-techno. A journey through my cluttered mind.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-04 21:14:49 Reply

At 10/4/12 08:47 PM, Waterflame wrote: Looking forward to hearing your song! :)

Thanks -- my song will only be done by tomorrow afternoon. I did say Wednesday was recording day for the vocals, but.... my friend forgot to bring his mic, and our only hope is tomorrow.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Kor-Rune
Kor-Rune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 01:05:26 Reply

Few more harmonies

One more solo

Still gotta mix

LETS DO THIS

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 05:25:29 Reply

Mic successfully received.
Alright then, let's do this!

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 05:35:15 Reply

Pardon the double-post, but I have a question -- not really regarding the song, but the lyrics and where to put them.
Because of the insane amount of vocal layering the song's going to have, there are going to be lots of lyrics. And because the lyrics need a translation, displaying them on NG will make the description pretty long......

I have a Word document, but Skydrive is not an option because whenever I put it there, it requires people to sign in..... and I can't have that happening, because I want these to be public.

I don't wanna wind up using Mediafire, so are there any other options where one can just open the link and read the text? Even if it's for PDFs, I wouldn't mind.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 07:18:23 Reply

At 10/5/12 05:35 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I don't wanna wind up using Mediafire, so are there any other options where one can just open the link and read the text? Even if it's for PDFs, I wouldn't mind.

Try using this.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 09:31:17 Reply

If Pastebin can't do columns, then I really don't know... Well, I'll think about the text later, so long as it's in before today's deadline (technically tomorrow's, on our end).

Right now I am exporting what has essentially been for me the most difficult piece I've ever attempted -- composing, mixing, vocals and layering. T_T

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-10-05 09:37:46 Reply

At 10/5/12 09:31 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: If Pastebin can't do columns, then I really don't know... Well, I'll think about the text later, so long as it's in before today's deadline (technically tomorrow's, on our end).

Right now I am exporting what has essentially been for me the most difficult piece I've ever attempted -- composing, mixing, vocals and layering. T_T

Well hey, having an absurdly long description isn't the end of the world either. Pastebin should be able to do it, but if it can't, just put it in the description. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Stuff.

BBS Signature