00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ALONEWOLF995 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Attempted murder stopped by guns

11,917 Views | 248 Replies

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 11:48:42

At 7/30/12 05:13 AM, Halberd wrote: In other news gun sales have increased and the NRA encourages us to open carry at the supermarket, in movie theatres and practically everywhere

Movie THEATRES? I guess those people who claim masks to blame are right. Poor cosplayers.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:14:54

At 7/31/12 11:28 AM, JaY11 wrote:
At 7/31/12 11:22 AM, DickBuns wrote:
Because we all know that making guns illegal will encourage criminals to not use them. And that's your legitimate argument in a nutshell.
If your idea of guns being made illegal is similar to weed being illegal then sure. But where I live guns might as well not exist.

So don't try to apply your shitty gun laws to other places where they won't work.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:28:41

If guns are made illegal then gun crime will go down, saying the opposite is going against the effectiveness of rules and discipline. Gun crime in the UK is essentially non-existent because of how difficult it is to acquire them, and I also believe that the rules we have in place have made us a more disciplined nation on the whole. It's definitely reduced gang culture, which I know is a prominent issue still in America.
The point about fear is also a bit backwards. I know I wouldn't feel safe walking down the street knowing that any of these people could be carrying something that could end my life in an instant. People are likely to own a gun out of fear or even an obligation if there's no law against it, both reasons being poor excuses.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:29:54

At 7/31/12 12:14 PM, DickBuns wrote:
So don't try to apply your shitty gun laws to other places where they won't work.

Because clearly they have worked when you feel it necessary to carry around a weapon capable of killing someone with a pull of a trigger in your daily inventory, as if it's as normal as carrying your house keys. I'm glad that when I go out I don't have to take a weapon like that with me, nor do I have to think that I might be confronted by somebody else with one.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:30:15

At 7/31/12 12:28 PM, SmokinJoeyB wrote: Gun crime in the UK is essentially non-existent because of how difficult it is to acquire them, and I also believe that the rules we have in place have made us a more disciplined nation on the whole.

Not really when your overall violent crime rate is greater than the US'.

More of this IF YOU CARRY A GUN YOU ARE SCARED bullshit.

Seriously. You guys are clowns.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:31:39

At 7/31/12 12:29 PM, JaY11 wrote:
Because clearly they have worked when you feel it necessary to carry around a weapon capable of killing someone with a pull of a trigger in your daily inventory, as if it's as normal as carrying your house keys. I'm glad that when I go out I don't have to take a weapon like that with me, nor do I have to think that I might be confronted by somebody else with one.

There have been three shootings within a 200 mile diameter of where I live for the past 5 years. You clearly have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, and are just spouting idiot assumptions and nonsense.
Please. Continue. You are hilarious.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:34:36

At 7/31/12 12:29 PM, JaY11 wrote:

then you obviously live in a fantasy Utopia where everyone is probably equal and there is no sickness or violence

how nice an I join?

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:39:32

At 7/31/12 12:30 PM, DickBuns wrote: More of this IF YOU CARRY A GUN YOU ARE SCARED bullshit.

Seriously. You guys are clowns.

If you carry a gun then you are scared, deal with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:40:03

At 7/31/12 12:30 PM, DickBuns wrote:

as mentioned before, murder rates are more than double in the US than over here. I'll trade death for violent crime any day.

Why else would you carry a weapon like a gun around with you? To say it's to prepare yourself is admitting that you at least think a violent situation might arise, in other words you fear you are caught up in one.

At 7/31/12 12:31 PM, DickBuns wrote:

Please continue with this facade that you find this funny, and that the reason you carry a gun isn't fear. It's quite obvious you're upset.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:43:53

At 7/31/12 12:40 PM, JaY11 wrote:
as mentioned before, murder rates are more than double in the US than over here. I'll trade death for violent crime any day.

Ok. Fine then. You be a defenseless sheep, and I'll continue to have the right to defend myself. Whatever works for you, boyo.

Why else would you carry a weapon like a gun around with you? To say it's to prepare yourself is admitting that you at least think a violent situation might arise, in other words you fear you are caught up in one.

I don't fear that a violent situation might arise. I just choose to be prepared for one. Do you carry your ID with you because you fear getting ID'd by the fuzz or needing it for something or another?

Your logic is dumb, based on mere assumptions, and quite frankly does not belong in a serious discussion on whether or not firearms need increased regulation.

At 7/31/12 12:31 PM, DickBuns wrote:
Please continue with this facade that you find this funny, and that the reason you carry a gun isn't fear. It's quite obvious you're upset.

Nah. I'm not upset at all. I'm laughing my ass off at you kids.

At 7/31/12 12:39 PM, SmokinJoeyB wrote:
If you carry a gun then you are scared, deal with it.

If you post in this thread spouting that, then you're an idiot. Deal with it.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:46:33

Not to mention that the American government makes a killing (no pun intended) on the sale of arms. If it wasn't for that and the thought of their twisted heritage being blackened guns would have made their way out of the US the same time they did everywhere else.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:52:02

At 7/31/12 12:46 PM, SmokinJoeyB wrote: Not to mention that the American government makes a killing (no pun intended) on the sale of arms. If it wasn't for that and the thought of their twisted heritage being blackened guns would have made their way out of the US the same time they did everywhere else.

Guns haven't made their way out of "everywhere else". Are you really that retarded that you think that? There are several European countries that practically mandate ownership of firearms for defense and the government holds regular shooting competitions. Your country's government makes a boatload of cash each year from the sale of firearms as well. Deal with it.

ITT: English idiots parroting their government's anti gun propaganda.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:53:34

At 7/31/12 11:28 AM, JaY11 wrote: 18, Male
Location England, UK

explains everything let the police armed with whistles and night sticks protect you

lol

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 12:58:57

I just can't fathom why someone would bring a gun into a theater. If I was sitting next to a guy like that, i'd be on the fucking edge of my seat.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:00:48

At 7/31/12 12:43 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/31/12 12:40 PM, JaY11 wrote:
Ok. Fine then. You be a defenseless sheep, and I'll continue to have the right to defend myself. Whatever works for you, boyo.

You have the right to defend yourself against the vast amount of others with guns too. Enjoy that right. If you're lucky you might even be a part of the tens of thousands a year gun related deaths in the US, whether it be shooting someone else or getting shot yourself.

I don't fear that a violent situation might arise. I just choose to be prepared for one. Do you carry your ID with you because you fear getting ID'd by the fuzz or needing it for something or another?

comparing carrying around a gun in case of a violent situation to being ID'd is an absolutely ridiculous comparison

Your logic is dumb, based on mere assumptions, and quite frankly does not belong in a serious discussion on whether or not firearms need increased regulation.

You're lying to yourself. Unless you have conditioned yourself to thinking that having to resort to using a gun in a situation is as normal as showing your ID to a police officer, in which case I don't envy you.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:04:38

At 7/31/12 12:58 PM, CritcalOne wrote: I just can't fathom why someone would bring a gun into a theater. If I was sitting next to a guy like that, i'd be on the fucking edge of my seat.

Because it's my right to. Problem? Deal wiff it.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:04:43

At 7/31/12 12:53 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: explains everything let the police armed with whistles and night sticks protect you

lol

let the big gun you carry around make you feel tough and powerful, just hope that if somebody feels like attacking you they aren't carrying one either

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:05:51

At 7/31/12 01:04 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/31/12 12:58 PM, CritcalOne wrote: I just can't fathom why someone would bring a gun into a theater. If I was sitting next to a guy like that, i'd be on the fucking edge of my seat.
Because it's my right to. Problem? Deal wiff it.

As soon as you walk into a private property, you might as well throw away the Bill of Rights until you leave.

at that, lrn2spell "with"

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:06:15

At 7/31/12 01:00 PM, JaY11 wrote:
You have the right to defend yourself against the vast amount of others with guns too. Enjoy that right. If you're lucky you might even be a part of the tens of thousands a year gun related deaths in the US, whether it be shooting someone else or getting shot yourself.

At this point, it's no longer worth talking to you because you aren't using actual facts or proofs, you're just making statements implying that I should go die and assumptions based on my thought processes that you obviously have no idea about. Must be nice to live in a fantasy bubble world like you do.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:06:41

At 7/31/12 01:04 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/31/12 12:58 PM, CritcalOne wrote: I just can't fathom why someone would bring a gun into a theater. If I was sitting next to a guy like that, i'd be on the fucking edge of my seat:

At least you can be assured it's nothing to do with fear. He's just preparing for a situation in which another movie theatre gets shot up.

WOO GUNS

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:07:25

At 7/31/12 01:04 PM, JaY11 wrote: let the big gun you carry around make you feel tough and powerful, just hope that if somebody feels like attacking you they aren't carrying one either

trained and ready for it 9MM with 20 rounds . doubt some thug could outshoot me I have been shooting since I was 11.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:08:09

At 7/31/12 01:07 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/31/12 01:04 PM, JaY11 wrote: let the big gun you carry around make you feel tough and powerful, just hope that if somebody feels like attacking you they aren't carrying one either
trained and ready for it 9MM with 20 rounds . doubt some thug could outshoot me I have been shooting since I was 11.

wow a .9mm

seen stronger bows

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:09:14

I'll probably carry a gun where I can when Im legal. It's nice to feel safe.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:11:36

At 7/31/12 01:08 PM, CritcalOne wrote: wow a .9mm

seen stronger bows

its a good reliable gun especially since I use a SIG. .45 is a little bit overkill and can go through people and hit another or walls which I do not want happening so a 9MM is plenty good especially with a 20R Magazine.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:14:36

At 7/31/12 01:06 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/31/12 01:00 PM, JaY11 wrote:
At this point, it's no longer worth talking to you because you aren't using actual facts or proofs, you're just making statements implying that I should go die and assumptions based on my thought processes that you obviously have no idea about. Must be nice to live in a fantasy bubble world like you do.

What about what I said wasn't factual? There are over 10,000 annual firearm homicides in the US. And that's not even all of the gun related deaths. Sure you can brush off everything else I say as assumptions, but there really is not other reason to carry around a gun aside from fear. You can sugar-coat it all you want by saying it's 'preparation'. I don't carry a knife around with me when I go outside because getting attacked isn't something I fear enough to carry around a weapon.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:21:14

At 7/31/12 01:04 PM, JaY11 wrote:
At 7/31/12 12:53 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: explains everything let the police armed with whistles and night sticks protect you

lol
let the big gun you carry around make you feel tough and powerful, just hope that if somebody feels like attacking you they aren't carrying one either

Guns are the great equalizer. A 105 pound woman may defend herself from a 240 pound male body builder. You're clearly just resorting to ad hominem after ad hominem rather than attempting to actually refute what we say with facts. You purchase auto insurance for your vehicle, not because you live in fear of getting in a car crash, but just in case. The same can be said with my carrying a firearm. Get over it. Because I'm not scared. And I don't think of myself as some "tough" guy. That firearm on my hip says, I'm not looking for trouble, and I want to be left alone. I'm sorry that the way media presents firearms has distorted your simple mind enough to think that I am going out looking for trouble when the fact is that I simply want to be left alone. It's obviously clear that you know nothing of gun culture or the people involved. Here are some helpful links that may give you better insight as to how stuff actually works here in the US.

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/30/chicago_aurora_all_the_time/

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/2012/07/30/editor.html
http://imgur.com/y0FXX (1992 LA riots) As I recall your recent london riots had a man scare off a bunch with a shotgun. Great for him.

At 7/31/12 01:05 PM, CritcalOne wrote:
As soon as you walk into a private property, you might as well throw away the Bill of Rights until you leave.

at that, lrn2spell "with"

I obviously know how to spell a simple four letter word, so there is no point in attempting to correct me on it when it was obviously used in that manner to mock and deride you. Movie theaters allow people to carry firearms legally as does starbucks, walmart, 7/11, etc. etc. etc. So, "deal with it".

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:23:44

At 7/31/12 01:14 PM, JaY11 wrote:
What about what I said wasn't factual? There are over 10,000 annual firearm homicides in the US. And that's not even all of the gun related deaths. Sure you can brush off everything else I say as assumptions, but there really is not other reason to carry around a gun aside from fear. You can sugar-coat it all you want by saying it's 'preparation'. I don't carry a knife around with me when I go outside because getting attacked isn't something I fear enough to carry around a weapon.

Oh, I guess you get insurance on everything because you life your life in fear then of everything. Thanks for clearing that up. I carry a knife because a knife is a tool I use for cutting string, opening containrs, skinning small animals such as squirrels and the like, and they are good for picking your nails with. You can say what you think, but again it's obvious that you know nothing of my mentality. You can't support "but there really is not other reason to carry around a gun aside from fear.". Because it has no factual basis. But you can keep beating your head against the wall and parroting that because that's what everyone in the media told you if you'd like.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:35:26

At 7/31/12 01:08 PM, CritcalOne wrote:
wow a .9mm

seen stronger bows

In the time that it takes for you to draw an arrow from your quiver and notch it, I've already drawn my weapon and placed 3 rounds in your chest. Are you done? And for the record a stronger bow does not exist than a firearm. A standard 9mm round produces 383 pounds per square foot of energy that hits the target all at once. An arrow does not. Well. Unless you're using a ballista or a crossbow. But that's not really an actual "bow".

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:41:52

At 7/31/12 01:23 PM, DickBuns wrote:
You can't support "but there really is not other reason to carry around a gun aside from fear.". Because it has no factual basis. But you can keep beating your head against the wall and parroting that because that's what everyone in the media told you if you'd like.

in 2 sentences you complain that what I say about your mindset behind carrying a gun is assumptions with no factual basis, and you make an assumption on my mindset behind being against guns with no factual basis, amazing

At 7/31/12 01:21 PM, DickBuns wrote:

lol
Guns are the great equalizer. A 105 pound woman may defend herself from a 240 pound male body builder.

Yeah because in a real life situation it's as easy as a small women pulling out a gun and aiming it/shooting it at a huge guy to solve the problem. The gun just adds a fucked up element to an already fucked up situation.

You're clearly just resorting to ad hominem after ad hominem rather than attempting to actually refute what we say with facts.

Please elaborate.

You purchase auto insurance for your vehicle, not because you live in fear of getting in a car crash, but just in case. The same can be said with my carrying a firearm.

It's still a fear. You might not be dwelling on it all day every day, but crashing your car is something you fear could happen. The damage on your finances is another fear you have, so you buy insurance. You seem to think that fear means dwelling on something every second of your life. It doesn't. If getting attacked was something you could be absolutely sure would never happen, you wouldn't fear it, you wouldn't carry a gun.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 13:54:16

At 7/31/12 01:41 PM, JaY11 wrote:
At 7/31/12 01:23 PM, DickBuns wrote:
You can't support "but there really is not other reason to carry around a gun aside from fear.". Because it has no factual basis. But you can keep beating your head against the wall and parroting that because that's what everyone in the media told you if you'd like.
in 2 sentences you complain that what I say about your mindset behind carrying a gun is assumptions with no factual basis, and you make an assumption on my mindset behind being against guns with no factual basis, amazing

Oh, so what exactly causes you to fear firearms then? Because you say it's not the government or media propaganda. So what is it then? You've probably never even handled a firearm.

At 7/31/12 01:21 PM, DickBuns wrote:

lol
Guns are the great equalizer. A 105 pound woman may defend herself from a 240 pound male body builder.
Yeah because in a real life situation it's as easy as a small women pulling out a gun and aiming it/shooting it at a huge guy to solve the problem. The gun just adds a fucked up element to an already fucked up situation.

You're right. That woman shouldn't have the right to defend herself from rape, murder, or kidnapping.

You're clearly just resorting to ad hominem after ad hominem rather than attempting to actually refute what we say with facts.
Please elaborate.

You purchase auto insurance for your vehicle, not because you live in fear of getting in a car crash, but just in case. The same can be said with my carrying a firearm.
It's still a fear. You might not be dwelling on it all day every day, but crashing your car is something you fear could happen. The damage on your finances is another fear you have, so you buy insurance. You seem to think that fear means dwelling on something every second of your life. It doesn't. If getting attacked was something you could be absolutely sure would never happen, you wouldn't fear it, you wouldn't carry a gun.

Oh, well it's great to know that you are indeed living your life in fear. If that's the case, then you shouldn't rattle on about how others are. Because the empty can rattles the most. And there you sit, rattling and rattling and rattling and fear mongering.