Be a Supporter!

Attempted murder stopped by guns

  • 6,180 Views
  • 267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:13 AM Reply

http://rt.com/usa/news/florida-door-to-door-house-roop-265/

A deranged door-to-door salesman armed with a butcher's knife was found trespassing onto the property of Kenneth Bailey Roop.

Roop asked the salesman 'what are you doing in my yard?' and the oily subhuman monster of a man only responded with 'I'm here with the meat' with a vicious snarl on his face

In other news gun sales have increased and the NRA encourages us to open carry at the supermarket, in movie theatres and practically everywhere we go to ensure our safety from the evil wackos


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:23 AM Reply

I'm all for the right to own guns. I never used to be, until I came to America and shot some for the first time. But Jesus, NRA. Calm the fuck down. Open carry everywhere you go, and that pretty much makes you a paranoid psychopath. AKA: the last person that should be carrying a loaded weapon.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:33 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Open carry everywhere you go, and that pretty much makes you a paranoid psychopath. AKA: the last person that should be carrying a loaded weapon.

Not only this, but there is a drastic difference between gun technology of the late 18th century and today.

there is no practical reason for anyone to own a machine gun.

Guns are powerful things, the law must ensure only responsible people have can them.


BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:43 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:13 AM, Halberd wrote: In other news gun sales have increased and the NRA encourages us to open carry at the supermarket, in movie theatres and practically everywhere we go to ensure our safety from the evil wackos

You live in Australia.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 07:53 AM Reply

Roop adds that he fired a second time, aiming at RaineyâEUTMs head, âEUoefor effect.âEU

fucking owned holy shit

sell your shit @ a supermarket, you DEAD loser

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

I could defend myself with my own fecal matter like a spider monkey.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 08:18 AM Reply

Cool, but not cool.


original I am.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 08:28 AM Reply

Inb4 someone comes up with a roundabout way to compare this to the Batman: Dark Night Rises shooting in Colorado.

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 08:46 AM Reply

Guns?

Please.

Attempted murder stopped by guns

psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'm all for the right to own guns. I never used to be, until I came to America and shot some for the first time.

wait wut

so you suddenly support gun rights because you like shooting guns

gun rights/gun control is a pretty serious issue and so to say that you now support one side because you liked the way you felt after handling a weapon is pretty fucking juvenile

shinobody
shinobody
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:35 AM Reply

guns savw lives everyone should have guns this way if someone tries toi kill someone he can be killed
more guns less deaths
smae with nuclear weapons everyone should have them

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

I don't see why you can't arm yourselves with tasers.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Yes, this is all guns fault! Evil evil guns! How dare guns FORCE this man to shoot this other man! There's no such thing as personal accountability or responsibility! Guns did this all by themselves! We should ban all guns and put security cameras everywhere! So we can be SAFE! SAFE SAFE SAFE SAAAAAFE~!!!

Except wait, no, OP is an idiot.

Once again children, let's repeat the cliche mantra that still rings true after all these years:
Guns don't kill people, idiots kill people.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:46 AM, dogpup4 wrote: I don't see why you can't arm yourselves with tasers.

Aren't most tasers short range weapons and don't the ones that projectile only have one load to blow? If your aim is off or you're at a distance greater than arm length you're essentially screwed against a person with a real firearm.

I propose we use paint balls that fire water pellets instead because while it may lack the demobilization quality of a stun gun, you can keep your distance and your quantity of shots wouldn't be as limited.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:46 AM, dogpup4 wrote: I don't see why you can't arm yourselves with tasers.

Never bring a taser to a gunfight, friend.

At least you can throw a knife.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:01 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:52 AM, homor wrote: Yes, this is all guns fault! Evil evil guns! How dare guns FORCE this man to shoot this other man! There's no such thing as personal accountability or responsibility! Guns did this all by themselves! We should ban all guns and put security cameras everywhere! So we can be SAFE! SAFE SAFE SAFE SAAAAAFE~!!!

Except wait, no, OP is an idiot.

Once again children, let's repeat the cliche mantra that still rings true after all these years:
Guns don't kill people, idiots kill people.

Haha, that might work in context if the OP didn't outright say that the psycho in the equation was wielding a cleaver and not a gun while the defendant was the gun wielder, meaning to imply that the gun was a good thing.

There are people disregarding the actual post in favor of taking the topic title at face value making the presumption they already knew what the OP said ahead of time, and the thing people consistently bitch about are bronies.

StalkerGuy
StalkerGuy
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:52 AM, homor wrote: Yes, this is all guns fault! Evil evil guns! How dare guns FORCE this man to shoot this other man!

It should be responsibility, dumbfucks shouldn't be allowed to have guns, especially in florida, everybody's a moron there.


fu

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:01 AM, phsychopath wrote: Haha, that might work in context if the OP didn't outright say that the psycho in the equation was wielding a cleaver and not a gun while the defendant was the gun wielder, meaning to imply that the gun was a good thing.

Dude, did you even read the post? It's explicitly clear that OP is being sarcastic and making a point that guns shouldn't be owned. How can you not see clear sarcasm when it's right in front of you?

and the thing people consistently bitch about are bronies.

Bronies don't even have anything to do with this discussion entirely.

Do you have aspergers? Not joke, that's a legitimate question.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:04 AM, homor wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:01 AM, phsychopath wrote: Haha, that might work in context if the OP didn't outright say that the psycho in the equation was wielding a cleaver and not a gun while the defendant was the gun wielder, meaning to imply that the gun was a good thing.
Dude, did you even read the post? It's explicitly clear that OP is being sarcastic and making a point that guns shouldn't be owned. How can you not see clear sarcasm when it's right in front of you?

Because sarcasm is a thing where the indication it's sarcasm is provided by vocal demeanor and not structure of text, henceforth using sarcasm in a forum leads to misconceptions.

Bronies don't even have anything to do with this discussion entirely.

No, but it is a thing that people consistently complain about in the BBS believing it to be a prevalent problem.

Do you have aspergers? Not joke, that's a legitimate question.

If I did I wouldn't have made the mistake of not reading the article he linked to; people with autism are known to have a much more tedious attention to detail.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:52 AM, homor wrote:
Guns don't kill people, idiots kill people.

Guns only help the idiot people kill more easily than any other weapon that can be easily obtained is all, nothing else. I mean, its not like if the guy had to go and get a knife or something to try to defend himself the salesperson would be alive cuz he could run away. Nope, the gun had nothing to do with this situation obviously.


BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:13 AM, phsychopath wrote: Because sarcasm is a thing where the indication it's sarcasm is provided by vocal demeanor and not structure of text, henceforth using sarcasm in a forum leads to misconceptions.

Well, while vocal demeanor plays a big part in sarcasm, sarcasm can mostly be identified through context and the tone of the writing. For example this sentence:

and the oily subhuman monster of a man only responded with 'I'm here with the meat' with a vicious snarl on his face.

Obviously nowhere in the article is it mentioned that the man had a "wicked snarl" on his face, and "oily subhuman" sounds a little bit ridiculous of an insult, so it can easily be derived from this that he's being sarcastic. Of course, a lot of that context comes from reading the linked article, so i guess it really isn't your fault.

If I did I wouldn't have made the mistake of not reading the article he linked to; people with autism are known to have a much more tedious attention to detail.

You'd be surprised, it's actually kind of a crapshoot. Autism can either give you insane attention to detail, or no attention to detail at all. However. One thing that's consist about it is that it gives you a hindered ability to absorb social norms and emotions, so things get really complicated. But this thread isn't about autism, so i won't continue.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:20 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
At 7/30/12 09:52 AM, homor wrote:
Guns don't kill people, idiots kill people.
Guns only help the idiot people kill more easily than any other weapon that can be easily obtained is all, nothing else. I mean, its not like if the guy had to go and get a knife or something to try to defend himself the salesperson would be alive cuz he could run away. Nope, the gun had nothing to do with this situation obviously.

Because it's not like the shooter could have nor would have pursued the salesman with a knife, no sir, not at all.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:20 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Guns only help the idiot people kill more easily

Oh, shut the fuck up, you little idiot.

"Kill more easily"? Are you serious? If this man had a knife, there would've a 50/50 percent chance he could have just stabbed him in the heart and killed him instantly, just like there was a fifty percent chance this man could've missed his shot and the guy could have run away successfully.

Stop letting you irrational, idiotic fear of guns hinder your basic abilities of common sense and reasoning, people will kill each other no matter what we do, and there's nothing we can do about. Guns are a tool, they are not good, they are not bad, they are inanimate objects.

The best thing we can do about guns is moderate them carefully and try to make sure idiots like this don't get them legally, but intelligent citizens still can.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
bigblueDUMBASS
bigblueDUMBASS
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:20 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Guns only help the idiot people kill more easily than any other weapon that can be easily obtained is all, nothing else. I mean, its not like if the guy had to go and get a knife or something to try to defend himself the salesperson would be alive cuz he could run away. Nope, the gun had nothing to do with this situation obviously.

Having big muscles makes it easier to punch people, and keeping your legs in shape makes it easier to chase after people.

I think we should ban weightlifting equipment and cardio.

Also cars make it easier to kill people because you can drive really fast and they're made out of metal, so you can't outrun them and if they hit you, you're dead.

I think we should also ban cars.


Boop.

Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:37 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:23 AM, homor wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:13 AM, phsychopath wrote: Because sarcasm is a thing where the indication it's sarcasm is provided by vocal demeanor and not structure of text, henceforth using sarcasm in a forum leads to misconceptions.
Well, while vocal demeanor plays a big part in sarcasm, sarcasm can mostly be identified through context and the tone of the writing. For example this sentence:

and the oily subhuman monster of a man only responded with 'I'm here with the meat' with a vicious snarl on his face.
Obviously nowhere in the article is it mentioned that the man had a "wicked snarl" on his face, and "oily subhuman" sounds a little bit ridiculous of an insult, so it can easily be derived from this that he's being sarcastic.

You'd be surprised how many people make those type of insults seriously.

Of course, a lot of that context comes from reading the linked article, so i guess it really isn't your fault.

Kinda is when you think about it, in all reality and irony I'm guilty of my own dumbass accusation of taking things into face value and for that I apologize.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:29 AM, homor wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:20 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Guns only help the idiot people kill more easily
"Kill more easily"? Are you serious? If this man had a knife, there would've a 50/50 percent chance he could have just stabbed him in the heart and killed him instantly, just like there was a fifty percent chance this man could've missed his shot and the guy could have run away successfully.

Yes, but if you read stories about property shootings, for example, the property owner shoots because they were afraid. You don't have to be as brave to shoot someone at a distance as you do to chase a running person who has a head start of you with a knife. Not only that, if he was being chased with a knife, he would have screamed help and brought about a lot of attention before he got stabbed, supposing he would have because the other person caught up with him. Finally, a person stands a chance against blocking and dodging a knife, but a person cannot block a bullet and the chances of dodging one are much less due to the bullets speed. Guns have a much higher chance at killing than a knife, baseball bat, sword, boomerang, shuriken, cleaver, axe, spear, arrows, etc.

The best thing we can do about guns is moderate them carefully and try to make sure idiots like this don't get them legally, but intelligent citizens still can.

And how do we do that though? I mean, I agree with you, but exactly how do we do that? The Colorado shooter had a clean record and would have been able to get a gun even if there were stricter regulations.


BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:32 AM, bigblueDUMBASS wrote:
Having big muscles makes it easier to punch people, and keeping your legs in shape makes it easier to chase after people.

I think we should ban weightlifting equipment and cardio.

Except that its harder to punch someone to death than it is to shoot them to death. Not only that, theres still the fact that you have to chase the person, still give someone a chance to at the very least shout to death. And if its a guy, well, theres that one weakness all guys have that can be aimed for when fighting against a stronger opponent.

Also cars make it easier to kill people because you can drive really fast and they're made out of metal, so you can't outrun them and if they hit you, you're dead.

I think we should also ban cars.

Also, cars suck at hitting people. You have to be going pretty fast, and if you are going fast, its harder to control. Not only that, its quite easy to dodge a car because it can't turn so easily at faster speeds, let alone on something that is not a road. Just jump to the side as it approaches. Also, with a car, you run a high risk of killing yourself in the process, and theres the time it takes to actually get your keys and turn on the car and back up to align yourself, all of which give someone time to escape, and if that someone simply goes on something elevated 4 feet of the ground, the car will probably not be able to hit them.
Finally, guns can actually beat a car:
Just aim for the driver. The bullet will more than likely go through the glass and, if big enough, the outer shell. If someone were driving at you with a car and you have a decent gun, the gun still wins.


BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 10:59 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:46 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Except that its harder to punch someone to death than it is to shoot them to death.

You missed the entire point of the analogy and now you're just fucking repeating yourself.

Also, cars suck at hitting people. You have to be going pretty fast, and if you are going fast, its harder to co

O Cars suck at hitting people? Jumping out of the way is easy? I highly doubt you've ever had someone try to run you over before, and i also highly doubt you've ever fired a gun before, because if you actually have, you would know:

Just aim for the driver. The bullet will more than likely go through the glass an

Is so much easier said than done.

but that's all beside the point, you've missed the actual point completely, so let me explain it to you:

Cars, for all intents and purposes, make it EXTREMELY easy to kill people, in fact, cars cause way more deaths every year than guns. http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx It is completely possible to ban all cars and replace them with public buses and bicycles, and it would lead to a lot less deaths. But there's a specific reason:

Cars serve a very good social and practical purpose, and so do guns.

Just because an idiot abuses something to make it easier to do stupid shit, doesn't mean people with half a brain shouldn't be allowed to have access to them. THAT was the point, not that cars/muscles are as dangerous as guns, it's that just like guns cars and muscles make it easier to do stupid shit, but none of those things should be anned.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:46 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
Except that its harder to punch someone to death than it is to shoot them to death.

There are certain bone breaking techniques that you can use to torture a person or outright kill them by snapping their neck such as the Istanbul twist.

Not only that, theres still the fact that you have to chase the person, still give someone a chance to at the very least shout to death. And if its a guy, well, theres that one weakness all guys have that can be aimed for when fighting against a stronger opponent.

Kicking someone in the balls only works in theory, if someone is sitting on top of your torso then good luck at kicking his balls from behind, especially if you're facing the ground. There's also such a thing as wearing a cup.

Finally, guns can actually beat a car:
Just aim for the driver. The bullet will more than likely go through the glass and, if big enough, the outer shell. If someone were driving at you with a car and you have a decent gun, the gun still wins.

True, but this analogy just put the concept of owning guns into the context of self defense, implying it's a good thing to have on you in such an instance of assault, which contradicts what you say here:

And how do we do that though? I mean, I agree with you, but exactly how do we do that? The Colorado shooter had a clean record and would have been able to get a gun even if there were stricter regulations.

Ha! I knew someone was going to make that comparison. But need I remind you that the audience members were unarmed and there was lax security at the theater, if it weren't for those two variables the shooter would not have had as easy of a time in victimizing a whole crowd of people as he did. For this reason, I propose that we arm even more people.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 10:59 AM, homor wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:46 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Also, cars suck at hitting people. You have to be going pretty fast, and if you are going fast, its harder to co
O Cars suck at hitting people? Jumping out of the way is easy? I highly doubt you've ever had someone try to run you over before, and i also highly doubt you've ever fired a gun before, because if you actually have, you would know:

I have actually jumped out of the way of a car before, twice. One time it was going at 20 mph, the other somewhere in the 40's.

Just aim for the driver. The bullet will more than likely go through the glass an
Is so much easier said than done.

I didn't say hit the driver though, because the driver will be less likely to try to ram you straight forward if they are being shot at.

Cars, for all intents and purposes, make it EXTREMELY easy to kill people, in fact, cars cause way more deaths every year than guns. http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx I

There is one major flaw in your analogy; practically all deaths caused by cars are accidental. If we were to compare intentional killings with cars to intentional killings with guns, I'm sure there would be a huge gap. Not only that, people are less likely to use a car as a weapon because, well, a car can be pretty freakin expensive when compare to a portable gun.

Just because an idiot abuses something to make it easier to do stupid shit, doesn't mean people with half a brain shouldn't be allowed to have access to them. THAT was the point, not that cars/muscles are as dangerous as guns, it's that just like guns cars and muscles make it easier to do stupid shit, but none of those things should be anned.

That is why guns should have more limits. There's even limits on muscles; professional boxers have their fists listed as weapons. And yet, its easier in some states to get a gun license than it is to get a driver's license. That's where I think somethings wrong.

btw, I never said they should be banned though. That is the paranoia gun people seem to have.


BBS Signature