00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This is Your Final Chance.

53,253 Views | 165 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 13:03:42

At 6/14/12 02:05 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Do I have money? No. And I wouldn't trust these guys with $30,000 when they really don't have a portfolio to show for it.

Maybe next time it would be wise to have a much smaller-scale Kickstarter - say, a few thousand dollars. Use that money to produce a pilot episode, and if it goes down well, then go ahead with a full series: I can't justify donating money to some unknowns who seem to be producing a standard, run-of-the-mill action film using NewGrounds' name when there's not really much evidence of the group's prior work or previous experience.

Ever should you need financial assistance, I won't be there to bail you out, seeing as all you have to your name is a couple hip hop songs. I couldn't ever trust you with my money.

The average cost of a pilot episode for a tv series is about a million dollars. They're only asking for a couple thousand for an entire nine episode series. So I ask you: You can't even trust them with five bucks?

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 13:20:06

Sorry I only have real life money, not paypal.

IT'S GONNA RAIN!

I love getting medals. Total medal points: 31,470

I Never log off.

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 13:57:02

To all those people who said they had no money to donate...fine, but there are other things you can do to support this venture.

Some examples:

-Make a Facebook posting
-Tweet in Twitter
-Pin something about it on Pinterest
-Submit a link to reddit or digg
-Post to craigslist in news or some other categoryr
-Instant Message your friends from AIM, MSN Messenger, or ICQ
-Call people you know for free
-Send an email
-Hang up signs
-Make a posting in your Newgrounds profile
-Make a comment on his Youtube video or make your own.
-Post to your website
-Make a blog posting

There are just as many methods as their are means of communication, especially online.

But wait....what if you're blind and deaf with new permanent internet connection. What if there are no libraries nearby your home yet somehow you made it on this site for just long enough to complain about that fact. What if you have nowhere to live?

Well then...you can run outside and start yelling about the project to passing strangers.

and if you're in jail?

Tell the wardens about it.

and if you can't speak either?

Sign it to them.

Now, let's say hypothetically you are blind, deaf, mute, and without hands living in solitary confinement. Let us further assuming that you have no means of communication with the outside world or with outside individuals. Then sir or madam, YOU are out of luck!

As for the rest of us, poverty is not an excuse for doing nothing if you actually want to help this project. Letting people know about it can be just as beneficial as pledging yourself. Doing any one of the things listed above is better then doing nothing at all. Now get out their people. We only have a few days left.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 14:49:45

At 6/16/12 01:03 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/14/12 02:05 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Do I have money? No. And I wouldn't trust these guys with $30,000 when they really don't have a portfolio to show for it.
Ever should you need financial assistance, I won't be there to bail you out, seeing as all you have to your name is a couple hip hop songs. I couldn't ever trust you with my money.

If you're going to try throwing shit like that at me, I suggest you do research first to make sure what you're saying isn't a load of bollocks.

And, yeah, Boardwalk Empire's pilot cost $50 million. Lost's pilot cost ~$12 million. But these are massive network programs. They build their own sets or film on location (e.g. the Hawaiian islands), they have massive film crews. Boardwalk Empire's pilot was written by Terence Winter (one of the writers for The Sopranos) and directed by Martin Scorsese: two huge names in Hollywood, so they're going to get huge paychecks. Boardwalk Empire has Steve Buscemi as a lead actor: again, not cheap. Lost was created by J.J. Abrams (another big name) and had Michael Fox as one of the lead actors. These are pilots to series that network directors have faith in: they're tied to big name writers, directors, actors, and producers.

What you failed to mention in your post is the hundreds of shows that don't get million dollar pilot episodes: the ones by unknown writers, with unknown actors, and unknown directors.

And what does Forsaken City have? A team of unknowns volunteering their time.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 16:05:50

Yo. Can you delete my account or turn off newsletters? Those are ANNOYING!!

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 16:54:08

Mother of GOD it made a big push in one day! At the beginning of the day, I read this and glumly shook my head; there was no way it would make it. But it looks like it has a great chance now! To be completely honest, I don't support the project and just don't like the idea of it, but by no means want it to fail. These guys have obviously poured a lot of effort into this and I want them to see their dreams for it come true.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 17:44:40

At 6/16/12 02:49 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
If you're going to try throwing shit like that at me, I suggest you do research first to make sure what you're saying isn't a load of bollocks.

You know what? Sorry. I'm not gonna fight with you, and I shouldn't have said what I did. It won't help fund NGTFC, and it isn't gonna make newgrounds a better place to hang out.

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 18:26:46

At 6/16/12 05:44 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/16/12 02:49 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
You know what? Sorry. I'm not gonna fight with you, and I shouldn't have said what I did. It won't help fund NGTFC, and it isn't gonna make newgrounds a better place to hang out.

My response seemed unnecessarily hostile, and I apologize for that. I understand where you're coming from, though. But as I said in my reply to SenatorJohnDean, if I were a millionaire, I would fund this and every other project that I could possibly fund; hell, I'd donate a ton of money to Tom so that NewGrounds could donate more to projects like this.

I know what it feels like to have projects that can't get enough money to get off the ground. I've written multiple sitcom pilots and short films: no network or film company is going to take a chance on a completely unknown writer, and my friends and I don't have enough money to finance and produce them ourselves. Partly because we're busy, partly because we're all college students, partly because we're spread all over the country, and partly because even our estimated budget of $2,000 to produce an entire YouTube mini-series is still too much for us to afford.

Personally, I'm not interested in Forsaken City. But I don't want it to fail, because I'm sure the team behind it is very talented and - even if I'm not personally interested in it - I can see that many people are, and it would probably end up being quite good.

Hey, if more than two people had bought my album, I would have money to spare. But after PayPal's fees, I've made $5.60: it still hasn't actually been deposited into my account, yet. I've made $0.68 through NewGrounds' revenue. And before I can fund any other projects, I have to fund my own. The software I use is purchased using borrowed money, and it's not cheap. I have college loans that I'm trying to start paying off before I graduate, because I don't want to dive headfirst into an economy with no jobs with $100,000 in student debt. If there was any possible way I could help fund this project with my money, I would.

You know what? I'd donate my time by writing some music for the series if they needed it. And as professional audio costs $1200 minute, and indie music costs about $200-300 per minute, that's much more than I could ever donate in physical money.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 18:51:30

everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 18:56:44

At 6/16/12 06:51 PM, RedMongoose wrote: everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it

they're*

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 18:57:29

At 6/16/12 06:56 PM, FFFCEM wrote:
At 6/16/12 06:51 PM, RedMongoose wrote: everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it
they're*

thank you

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 19:26:38

At 6/16/12 06:56 PM, FFFCEM wrote:
they're*

they're = they are.
so.... "the change from between they are seat cushions"....?

10/10

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 19:31:52

dont be a seat cushion guys cmon

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 20:38:14

I'm broken :'(

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 23:14:07

At 6/14/12 02:45 PM, aj3009 wrote: im sorry mr.fulp but this wil not happen i would like to donate but im only 13

I'm sorry? I'm only *** CENSORED FOR INTERNET SAFETY *** not much older than you, but still went to the store, got a MasterCard giftcard (paid 16 dollars, got a 10 dollar card), and pledged every cent I've got. You have no excuse.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-16 23:52:11

sorry,to young,but I'll give ya this.I sawll the teaser and it was the most beutuful thing i have ever seen.the image was beutiful,the music was beutufull.OMG EVERY THING IS BEUTUFULL.one thing im concerned about,WHERE WAS THAN MUSIC FROM. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME DA LINK

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 00:09:18

Sorry, but unless we can raise $11,465 in 50 hours (at the time, that is how much is left), it looks like this is 1 more that never got a chance.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 02:00:08

I just donated.
I understand that alot of you can only do so much
but try donating a dollar or two.

if it doesnt get off the ground you dont get charged so you dont lose anything

This is Your Final Chance.

No other profession gives me the kind of opportunities I find in the lab,

except maybe a terrorist or a serial arsonist. And then I wouldn't get to wear a spiffy lab coat.

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 02:03:30

sadly i'm not allowed to donate I would if I could

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 15:22:23

I feel bad because I have the money to donate at least $50, but I'm having problems with my bank account that I'm not sure I can get fixed in time. I should have gotten that fixed sooner. I did post the link on Facebook with threats of damnation, though. It's too bad that they've already put so much effort into the animatronics.

Also, in defense of those people who are saying they're broke, at this point, donating a dollar isn't really going to help much unless 11,000 people do it, which isn't realistic at all. We need hundreds of people to donate at least $40 each in order to make the mark, so "You can at least manage a dollar" is pretty much a moot point.

I think they probably should have made a promotion flash to upload to NG. It would draw the attention of more people and give them something to show for themselves. They spent too much time explaining their special effects and not enough time describing their plot, the thing that people are going to be the most interested in.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 15:35:56

I'm too young to donate. :(

But good luck with the project!

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 16:30:53

At 6/17/12 04:04 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Unless game junkie plans on donating 10000 this won't happen. I've donated I think 35 through PayPal and would be very uncomfortable donating more considering the owner did not answer my email asking very simple questions about my donation through PayPal.

Hey there Gobbler,

Sorry you didn't get a response. We usually try really hard to not let any FAQ questions slip through the cracks. Never the less thank you for your support!

Down to the wire! Can we succeed? I would say YES. The final push is the MOST important!

Thanks everyone!
-Chase

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 20:19:10

If everybody who goes to newgrounds in the next 24 hours gives $1 maybe $5, this'd make it. Seriosuly NG has the traffic to pull it off, Just put it all over the site. Everybody can afford a dollar.

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 21:58:58

At 6/15/12 11:37 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 6/15/12 08:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I can't STAND people who won't support artists. Just shut up with that "broke" shit. And then you wonder why artists all have to dumb down their content to fit in with a corporate record company or animation company. BECAUSE THEY GET NO SUPPORT FROM YOU CLOWNS.
The problem is that it's mostly artists who sponsor other artists. And until one of those artists gets funded, he can't support other artists. It's a vicious cycle.

Dude, of course, but all the stupid **** who waste their dumb worthless time typing out "I'm broke" like people GIVE A FUCK are just annoying. If you ain't donatin, then STFU.

If you're broke, STFU NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT DONATE OR GO AWAY

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-17 22:32:37

I WANT MY GODDAMN BLUE RAY SET
EVERYONE; STEAL YOUR PARENTS CREDIT CARDS

Honestly. Bronycon got 10 times the amount they needed. I think we got some bronies here. Right?

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-18 00:05:50

Funding just dropped by over $1,000. Did people withdraw their funding? What happened? Also, if some of you guys want some suggestions on what you can do to help this project get full funding by tomorrow you can check my profile. I have some ideas there.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-18 00:09:35

Backers
$17,054
pledged of $30,000 goal
hours to go

RIP project. Was a really cool idea.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-18 00:28:51

At 6/18/12 12:05 AM, DaKnOb6 wrote: Funding just dropped by over $1,000. Did people withdraw their funding? What happened? Also, if some of you guys want some suggestions on what you can do to help this project get full funding by tomorrow you can check my profile. I have some ideas there.

I also just noticed that and I am puzzled, we were almost to 20K.

Guys please don't cancel pledges. If they don't raise enough, everyone gets their money back, it's not a scam where they keep it for nothing. You will not lose any money. They get the funding if they make their deadline.

Pulling out is only hurting the overall project. If you believed in the project enough to make a pledge, please do not cancel it.

We're so close. I'm planning on baking cookies and everything.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-18 00:36:24

Ive pledged 100$ and am going to do a fundraiser tmrw if weather is permitting. I wish they could extend the deadline....

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-18 02:56:08

Heys guys. I've been spamming social media sites with references to this project. With such limited time left that might be the only real chance of getting this project fully funded. If we could get this project trending on some large site, it might make the difference in its success or failure.