• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 02:01:33 Reply

As if I could donate.
I don't even have a job at the moment.
:(

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

BBS Signature
djDurgyDurg
djDurgyDurg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 02:23:08 Reply

why not just have people help and spend their own money/time?

Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 02:48:36 Reply

ITT: Everyone explains why they can't donate.

BBS Signature
PyroGreg
PyroGreg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Programmer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 03:53:47 Reply

17k? I'm sure the Newgrounds office could easily afford that ;)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 04:11:06 Reply

At 6/14/12 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please help spread the word about the Forsaken City Kickstarter so we can make a final push!

Here's my push. You've had the $35 that I can spare, I want to help this move forward as much as I can.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
MihaP
MihaP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 05:49:52 Reply

I wish I could use my Newgrounds shop money:S

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 08:34:53 Reply

I don't remember if they've said this before.. But do they have a private paypal we could send money to? So whether or not the kickstarter flops they'll still get some cash?

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 08:35:40 Reply

If each and every one of these idiots who said they were broke would have just shut up and given a dollar, this project would be funded by now.

I swear. People pull that excuse far too much for me. Give a DOLLAR. You can find that in your couch cushions.
Or maybe you don't have a couch cuz you're so BROKE. In which case, get off NG and go get a JOB.

I can't STAND people who won't support artists. Just shut up with that "broke" shit. And then you wonder why artists all have to dumb down their content to fit in with a corporate record company or animation company. BECAUSE THEY GET NO SUPPORT FROM YOU CLOWNS.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
fa2mann
fa2mann
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 09:07:54 Reply

I agree with SenatorJohnDean on this.
Using an excuse like i'm broke is just bs. Just say that you don't want to pledge no excuses.

Sorry but 3 days for another 16k is just unreal that can't happen. They should have started with 20k goal in the first place.

I had plenty of opportunity and cash to donate but i simply don't feel like it for this project.
While for other projects i have made quite generous offers thats is if they have a paypal account to donate to.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 09:18:07 Reply

I'm broke, and I'm a student looking for a job, but I pledged something nonetheless.

Considering I know how it feels not having any more than two buyers for Project Chaplaincy's EP, I know what it feels like when artists are struggling. I made a promise to support people like me who are struggling, and he's one of them.

Come on, even a fiver, even a tenner will do. How else do you think people make animations? They need funding, donations, the like! Not everyone has a Hollywood-worthy budget, you know!

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
BlueTazz
BlueTazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Voice Actor
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 10:10:12 Reply

I won a small bit of money in the lottery, but haven't recieved it yet.

Otherwise 100 bucks your way.

Not a troll post, just saying timing is everything.

Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 10:38:01 Reply

They asked for too much money up front, I agree. They could have definitely made something of a pilot closer to what they had in mind for the story without asking for 30 grand up front. It seems like they are focusing on tech and everything too without showing any clear plan for how they will use it. Opening with an army combat sequence with tons of after effects filters wasn't the best idea in my opinion either. I don't really see how that has anything to do with any of the characters from newgrounds and makes it look like it's a run of the mill call of duty plotline. I know they plan to incorporate newgrounds characters, but I think they should do that in the preview clips they have so Newgrounds has more of a reason to donate to it. It's a very ambitious project - 9 episodes starting from a 20 second clip of a guy laying on the ground - and showing off animatronic technology with no other film footage of Newgrounds characters being implemented in the pilot - i really would like to see what they had in mind and would love to see at least 1 episode, so I hope the scope of the project doesn't overbear them. They should definitely start another kickstarter for a lower amount to push 1 episode out.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 11:37:24 Reply

At 6/15/12 08:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I can't STAND people who won't support artists. Just shut up with that "broke" shit. And then you wonder why artists all have to dumb down their content to fit in with a corporate record company or animation company. BECAUSE THEY GET NO SUPPORT FROM YOU CLOWNS.

The problem is that it's mostly artists who sponsor other artists. And until one of those artists gets funded, he can't support other artists. It's a vicious cycle.

Look, if I were a millionaire, I'd support every artist here who deserved and/or needed it. Hell, if money wasn't an issue, I'd give away all of my music - even do custom music - away for free.

SketchistGames
SketchistGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 11:43:13 Reply

Everyone! If you can pay, PAY! If you can't spread the word to people in RL on youtube on whatever you like to do... JUST HELP PLEASE!!! WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!! thanks :)

This is Your Final Chance.

Current Trophies:
Weekly Fourth Place for Blast the Bunny 2
~SketchistGames :P

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 11:44:07 Reply

can I just donate $11 through paypal? I don't want to go though the amazon shit...

lel

ToaIgniki
ToaIgniki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 12:47:10 Reply

The Kickstarter is now at $12,733; four days remain to raise another $17,267.: Please help spread the word about the Forsaken City Kickstarter so we can make a final push!

Forsaken City is a 9 episode series that melds live action, animation and animatronics to tell an epic story in the NG universe. 253 people have already chipped in. We could need upwards to 1000 more. Can you be one of them?
The success of this project could inspire more amazing, exclusive, NG crowd-funded works in the future. If you've been enjoying free content for any of the past 17 years of NG, this is one of those opportunities to help pay it forward.
Pass this along to your friends. Every dollar helps towards the goal.

I've done my part. Why not you donate the remaining of what is needed after the remaining days are over?

IGNIKI

Zheg
Zheg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 13:23:53 Reply

TomFulp. you are rich isn´t?
You own Newgrounds and you can donate that money!

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 13:58:28 Reply

At 6/15/12 01:23 PM, Zheg wrote: TomFulp. you are rich isnÃ'´t?
You own Newgrounds and you can donate that money!

Just because a guy made a website that's famous, doesn't automatically mean that he is a sextillionaire.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 15:21:47 Reply

I honestly do not believe they'll make it. Perhaps they should try again, except this time ask for only enough money to make a pilot episode, and as they make more episodes, ask for more money (just the necessary, of course).
If they do that then I'm definetly donating as much as possible.

DevintheDinosaur
DevintheDinosaur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 15:36:46 Reply

At 6/15/12 03:21 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: I honestly do not believe they'll make it. Perhaps they should try again, except this time ask for only enough money to make a pilot episode, and as they make more episodes, ask for more money (just the necessary, of course).
If they do that then I'm definetly donating as much as possible.

They aren't going to make it I don't think. It's a shame really because it's such a missed opportunity. $30,000 is ridiculous for nothing to show expect a 30 second clip of a man with a gun that is over saturated with SFX.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 18:15:06 Reply

Damn, seems like a lot of NGers are broke, that sucks....
Ive donated all i can, but im pretty broke too at the moment.
Hate to be negative, but its looking pretty bleak: 4 days to go and we still havent raised even half the amount? Its not looking good folks...

DirectorDead
DirectorDead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 18:45:49 Reply

Just donated 50, hope it's useful.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 18:48:38 Reply

At 6/15/12 06:45 PM, DirectorDead wrote: Just donated 50, hope it's useful.

I donated $50 earlier today, too.

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Kickstarter. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 19:19:55 Reply

At 6/14/12 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please read this post by Eiomaru about his life on NG and their attempts to get Newgrounds: The Forsaken City off the ground.

The facts in this article aren't all there, for example Flash 8 wasn't available in 2003. Flash MX 2004 wasn't even available yet, which was the version before 8. Flash 8 was the first version to have these "effects" such as blur. I can only imagine that many other facts are skewed, such as being here for 11 years.

And I say this because I recognise both Eiomaru and vash-the-real-one. I guess I've been like background noise through the history of NG. I'm only saying take this story with a grain of salt, or a dozen grains of salt. I'd like to see this completed because he's one of ours, think of how many websites there are out there with a Tom Fulp; an owner that supports the ideas of his members this greatly. I can't think of any.

tldr; I hope the goal gets reached. But not because of the story, which I doubt most of the facts on.

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 19:43:05 Reply

At 6/14/12 12:53 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: I'm broke.

who isn't

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
pouar
pouar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 20:08:14 Reply

As much as I would like this movie to become a reality, It just doesn't look like it's going to happen. Though I could've made this movie with a lot less money if I had help.

while :;do if windows sucks;then mv windows /dev/null;pacman -Sy linux;fi;done

BBS Signature
coMpLekS
coMpLekS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 20:38:04 Reply

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/v13qn/kickstarter_fo r_newgrounds_the_forsaken_city_can/

upvote on reddit.

This is Your Final Chance.

cownose-ray
cownose-ray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 21:47:56 Reply

As just about everyone has said, I would donate if I wasn't broke as a joke

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 21:57:46 Reply

I lack the sufficient amount of dosh to do so.

blackfirewarrior
blackfirewarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 22:15:09 Reply

At 6/14/12 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:

just pledged 100. please do what you can newgrounds. spread the word. this series MUST come out