00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT

33,595 Views | 93 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 01:25:21

At 4/21/12 11:00 PM, Razz wrote: Doesn't really look that impressive, it looks like a college student's project for a video course. Some guy is laying down like he's sleeping, and then wiggles around. He's given a gun, stares at it, plays with it, then we don't see it again. The visuals are unnecessary as well, am I to assume this man doesn't know his leg is broken and needs to be told that?

I'll gladly put some money into it if we can get a different team working on it.

Sorry to hear you feel that way man, hopefully over time you'll see our intention is to bring this series to the quality of production that we know the source material deserves! I hope that if nothing else you keep your eye on this project as it grows and hopefully will be pleased with the final result!

-Chase

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 01:48:13

The best thing ever i heard
since lotr :D

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 01:49:58

Not gonna lie, this kickstarter video didn't exactly wow me or anything. Excuse me for the hyperbole, but I don't feel like staring at some ultra "wounded soldier simulator" for something that was supposed to be a serious yet comical representation of Newgrounds. Still, it does look to have promise, and it's no easy feat having gotten as far as you guys have.

I'm also a poor college student looking for a job =(

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 05:15:47

hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. hank, dad, hominid. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! HOMINID DAD AND HANK. FRIGGIN HANK HAHA

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 05:32:54

I would very much like to fund that.

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 05:33:27

Oh hell yeah! This looks absolutely amazing.

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 06:16:42

At 4/21/12 11:00 PM, Razz wrote: am I to assume this man doesn't know his leg is broken and needs to be told that?

Why do you think his legs are wounded? He's obviously been shot in the dick.

At 4/22/12 01:49 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Not gonna lie, this kickstarter video didn't exactly wow me or anything. Excuse me for the hyperbole, but I don't feel like staring at some ultra "wounded soldier simulator" for something that was supposed to be a serious yet comical representation of Newgrounds.

Fair enough, but just an fyi: the trailer is just a trailer. It's not gonna be that same shot for the entire movie. :p

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 09:58:33

WHAT IS THIS?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 11:19:44

Did I spot Hank J. WImbleton?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 12:09:26

That looks crazy awesome.

Timmy is awesome and he is cool and if you don't think he is cool I WILL KICK YOUR ASS.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 12:18:07

please. NO DICK JOKES.

they're done, over. I'm serious.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 13:54:29

At 4/22/12 12:18 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: please. NO DICK JOKES.

How about cock jokes? Fair game?

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 14:09:54

At 4/22/12 12:18 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: please. NO DICK JOKES.

Hahah, loud and clear man :P

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 15:26:55

Finally got myself a card so I can finally pay you guys back with something. Feels great I tell ya

Good luck guys!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 16:11:54

i just funded $15 for it, hope it looks just as good as it seems in the trailer, i looks like it's going to be a fun game!!!

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 17:40:20

Have to say, this looks like a brilliant project. When I saw the level of detail on the characters, I just had to back it. $50 equates to about £30 over here and that's a great deal. This has to get funded, or we may have lost what has the clear potential to be a brilliant series and a massive hit.

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 19:02:09

Sent $15 in. It's measly, but I hope it helps. I want this to be a reality.

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 19:23:51

Oh no....OH NOOOOOO! What about dat Newgrounds/internet documentary?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 21:06:16

I see..

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-22 21:29:44

This project will never be possible without the five dollars I can't give them due to kickstarter not accepting paypal :(

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 03:29:54

At 4/21/12 04:25 PM, Lare wrote: Lung collapsing, administering morphine.

wut?

>:3 If you can't save him - might as well ease the pain no?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 03:35:02

At 4/22/12 09:29 PM, MasterMerol wrote: This project will never be possible without the five dollars I can't give them due to kickstarter not accepting paypal :(

Yeah guys! Very sorry this is happening. We are trying our best to problem-solve. Any ideas would be welcome. Right now best thing I can think of is if we have a proxy payPal linked with a payPal card that we can use for donations.... :S Any thoughts?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 06:56:47

Okay, so I know Pico, Alien Hominid, P-Bot, Dad, and Hank will be in it, but what about other characters, like side characters, or ones from other movies? Will Nene and Darnell be there? Will Sanford and Deimos be there? Will the Captain and Steve be there? Gigantor? Red Baron? Mindchamber? Larry?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 13:49:28

At 4/23/12 06:56 AM, Scarface wrote: Okay, so I know Pico, Alien Hominid, P-Bot, Dad, and Hank will be in it, but what about other characters, like side characters, or ones from other movies? Will Nene and Darnell be there? Will Sanford and Deimos be there? Will the Captain and Steve be there? Gigantor? Red Baron? Mindchamber? Larry?

Some of your answers are in the video :) Others you'll need to wait for.! :D

-Chase

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 14:02:10

At 4/23/12 03:35 AM, Eiomaru wrote: Yeah guys! Very sorry this is happening. We are trying our best to problem-solve. Any ideas would be welcome.

Return all the money and start a new campaign at Indiegogo! That will work for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 15:01:25

At 4/23/12 02:02 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 4/23/12 03:35 AM, Eiomaru wrote: Yeah guys! Very sorry this is happening. We are trying our best to problem-solve. Any ideas would be welcome.
Return all the money and start a new campaign at Indiegogo! That will work for sure.

We can set up a proxy payPal account that you guys can donate to and then phantom pledge each amount on a per person basis. Would that work?

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-23 17:59:57

This looks awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-24 01:23:49

At 4/23/12 03:01 PM, Eiomaru wrote: We can set up a proxy payPal account that you guys can donate to and then phantom pledge each amount on a per person basis. Would that work?

I'm ok with that!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-24 15:20:30

When I get my paycheck tomorrow I'm slamming $100 into this. Come on guys, here's our chance to make quality and exclusive content for this site.

Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT 2012-04-24 23:37:14

Done and done.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup