• 100 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Bard
Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 04:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please take a moment to browse this Kickstarter project and watch the video, which starts with some teaser footage and then goes into more detail about the project.

http://www.kicnd a lot of Kickstarter projects over the years but this is one we simply MUST fund. If we don't, we'll

you think im mad3e of money????

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

FUNDED.

I really hope it's gonna work, the premise looks awesome!

unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

I want you to know, that I created a profile for the first time on the website, just so I could fund this.

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 09:03 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: FUNDED.

and of course by FUNDED, I meant PLEDGED...

Loki
Loki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Well, I didn't really like the first 3 minutes of the video. Boring and all.

But I do love the idea. I've thought about writing a Newgrounds novel before. I wrote a NG Story a few years ago, but an actual novel is also something I've always had in mind.

I'm looking forward to this, I really like Hank's design and I can't wait to see all the NG mascots in this tribute movie.

Tystarr
Tystarr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

Already Funded This must be made. If everyone who read this frontpage post donated a dollar we would be halfway there already.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?
I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 10:13 PM Reply

Threw in as much as I could afford. Hope it helps.

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

this will save newgrounds!

as rainbow dash said:
"oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh"

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

where can we send our money?
i will put 100 to this one to see the numbers of the ng member intake skyrocket

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

neat!

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

A Kickstarter that isn't for some dumb generic indie platformer? Count me in. Can't wait to see updates on this one.

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 04:35 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Expect more posts about Newgrounds: The Forsaken City over the next 59 days but I won't have to make as many if we reach the goal as quickly as possible. If you have anything to spare, help make this project a reality!

Click here to view the video in-page.

ill be funding this as soon as i can get money.. those tankmen are alot more interesting than the chip-n-dales lookin tankmen from photogrounds

Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

I normally never do this kind of thing, but after seeing that trailer I'm making an exception

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
AniManic
AniManic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 03:10 AM Reply

Looks cool! I would if I had money, But I'm poor as fuck, Sorry.
Is it live action CGI or that new motion capture stuff?
looks good :P

lucasyno
lucasyno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 04:21 AM Reply

In the 2° image...
Hank?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 04:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Expect more posts about Newgrounds: The Forsaken City over the next 59 days but I won't have to make as many if we reach the goal as quickly as possible. If you have anything to spare, help make this project a reality!

Not that I don't want to see this, but at $35 for a blu-ray of the series and the way that trailer looks, they deserve to get this funded.

Only 286 people need to commit for the Blu-ray and they reach the goal. I wonder if we can push things past the 10k goal...

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Alter-native
Alter-native
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:52 AM Reply

The Problems of the Future, Today!

From what I see, it looks like this series is taking post apocalyptic Tankmen decor as inspiration for the city backdrop.

It's not just this gritty, realistic imaginings that excites me, it's how Studio Firelight will tie these different universes together, and mold them into one coherent, darker and edgier universe.

It would be interesting if all the little cross faced limbless Madness flash dudes were explained in this universe as some kind of underground duelist society/sacrificial Hunger Games-ish cult that is made up of anonymous participants who wear grey masks with a sketchy cross design in order to conceal their identy. They would all hold their games in the middle of the streets and in abandoned warehouses. Another interesting plot point would be if it turned out that many participants were former Uberkids, and if "Protagonist Hank" was a former Uberkid himself. And yet another cool possibility would be if his nemesis the Mad Killer Klown, is either a clone of Tricky, or Tricky himself... And Tricky's ultimate plan would be to broadcast himself flashing his dick to the entire world, which the Tankmen soldiers would find as an "actually pretty funny moment" since they like dick jokes.

And if the Clock Crew were put into this project, they'd be this weird combination of The Omar from Deus Ex 2, and the Hanar from Mass Effect. They'd all worship Strawberry Clock as their personal savior prophet figure, and all gather around a giant, red letter B. This letter B, would be like the Monolith from Space Odyssey and the Zohar from Xenosaga. It would have all these weird batshit powers like warping the fabric of space & time and turning people's faces into clocks, converting them into the Clock Crew's religion. Naturally, the Clock Crew's mannerisms come off as very alien to the Newgrounds citizens and they'd often be victims of public scrutiny. People would see them as a doomsday cult and a sign of the end times. The Lock Legion, and the Glock Group, and the rest of the ock spam clubs would all be offshoot religions of the original Clock Crew.

Pico would naturally be a high ranking member of the Tankmen corps because of his background as one of three sole survivors of a school shooting, from which the militaristic industrial cyberpunk complex government took note. Pico would also take part in "assassin" missions contracted to him by the government. Darnell would be put into a life preservation power-suit, and would serve as a district governor and a public sanctioned superhero at the same time. He'd be like this universe's Iron Man. Nene would be this crazy Asian grind-house assassin mercenary with suicidal issues. Nene would get her training from the Samurai Asshole. The goth kids who instigated the school shooting would be rewritten as wild eyed wannabe revolutionaries. P-Bot, M Bot, and A-Bot would be the city's military grade defense Super Robots ala Mazinger Z, and Mindchamber would cameo as their crazy over-the-top half cybernetic inventor. The Alien Hominid would be this renegade experimental extra terrestrial gone loose upon the city and the government would be trying to recapture it.

Oh god, the possibilities are endless! This has the potential to be The Dark Knight Trilogy of Newgrounds.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

Holy crap that looks freaking awesome..

This is why newgrounds is so amazing. You've got all this talent coming together to make quality works that give the big corporate funded games/movies a run for their money.

It never ceases to amaze me how many talented sob's start, or end up here.

I can't wait to see this thing become a reality. I'm definitely going to set aside some money to help fund it.

fucking awesome.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 07:10 AM Reply

Ok I pledged 15 bucks, see how this goes down.

Looks sweet from the trailer.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:01 AM Reply

If everyone pledged $100, we'd still need 3000 donors to reach the goal...I say we can do it!

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
MrRandomist
MrRandomist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:54 AM Reply

went to put in 35$ but then discovered kickstarter doesnt have paypal, so unless there's a different way...I cant help :C

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:21 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 09:01 AM, Spretznaz wrote: If everyone pledged $100, we'd still need 3000 donors to reach the goal...I say we can do it!

Love you math there.

Did you mean 300 pledges of $100 or 3000 pledges of $10?

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:57 AM Reply

Wow, this looks really good.

EternalCombustion
EternalCombustion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:59 AM Reply

HOLY SHIT! This movie will be awesome, only newgrounds can make a think like this!

FUCK YOU KONGREGATE!

Newgrounds Forever! / Comment my userpage, bitch! / Add me as fan :3

BBS Signature
GlaciusTS
GlaciusTS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:14 AM Reply

That`s absolutely amazing. Were those all of the characters revealed in the video or can we expect some surprises?

I'd love to see some cameos from forgotten characters like Joe Zombie. Live action redesigns of my favorite Newgrounds characters? This is amazing!

PS: The 3d models should be saved for a sequel to Newgrounds rumble.

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 08:40 PM, I-smel wrote: It's called KICKSTARTER because it's for START-UPS. You "kickstart" a product, you don't "kickstart" my mom. That was never an option.

I agree, you should never kickstart I-smel's mom, or any mom really. Not only is that not an option... It's just rude!

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/20/12 04:43 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: It'll be sweet; just like the Newgrounds documentary that I haven't heard about or seen in years!
That movie will still arrive... And don't let that stop something else cool from happening!

Cannot wait for this either.

I'll throw in some cash when I get my next paycheck.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Lare
Lare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

Lung collapsing, administering morphine.

wut?

BBS Signature
Winzra
Winzra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 09:03 PM, unconsidered wrote: I want you to know, that I created a profile for the first time on the website, just so I could fund this.

Thanks for your support! Really cool you made a profile for this; here is some add bonus good news: Now that you have an account here you can start to favorite all the different animations/games/art/music you love so you can keep track of them forever! Yay <:D

Winzra
Winzra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds: Forsaken City - FUND IT Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 05:14 PM, Winzra wrote:
At 4/20/12 09:03 PM, unconsidered wrote: I want you to know, that I created a profile for the first time on the website, just so I could fund this.
Thanks for your support! Really cool you made a profile for this; here is some add bonus good news: Now that you have an account here you can start to favorite all the different animations/games/art/music you love so you can keep track of them forever! Yay <:D

Oh crap, you meant Kickstarter. That's really ditzy of me...Well anyways yeah... -____-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;