00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Troisnyx's Art Thread

103,302 Views | 639 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-07-19 18:49:21

Recently finished. Drew the structure on FireAlpaca, and the rest of it on PowerPoint (including colouring and highlights). Yes, Office 365's PowerPoint has a vastly improved drawing feature, though it functions more like oekaki software these days -- all shades are available to you and you can erase, but you can't blend.

Intending this to be sleeve art for a song I might release at some point. Whenever. Whatever.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-07-20 07:18:03

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-07-30 03:41:06

So in the vein of my very first post on this thread, I want to post a WIP. Exclusively drawn on MS PowerPoint 365.

It's now enabled all shades and there's four erasers -- I'm using it as a training toy more than anything, because I can't blend and I'm forcing myself to learn, just by manually texturing, how lighting and shadow work on different things.

Side note, I realise the harpist is only gripping that harp with her wrist but I'm afraid it's too late for me to change that.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-07-30 18:19:11

Another drum-related study. Sketchbook.
It REALLY FEELS SO GOOD to have full Sketchbook go for free. Commiserations to those who had to pay through their teeth for a Sketchbook Pro subscription back in the day...

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-08-14 18:49:14

Just finished this.

I still hold on to the hope that the game that brought about this fanart will get out of development hell and finally see the light of day.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-07 18:10:29

WIP, the progress of which I shared on Discord.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-09 11:33:32 (edited 2018-09-09 11:41:45)

Holy hornbeam this was hard to do. And I'm still not finished hhhh ;;

EDIT: https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/404d20bd767a01d16c3dcbab65592299 Link for those who would like to view it up close.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-11 06:22:59

Hey Troisnyx, your recent art has been quite well made! How long does it take to create one of these pictures?

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-11 08:03:41

At 9/11/18 06:22 AM, eluukkanen wrote: Hey Troisnyx, your recent art has been quite well made! How long does it take to create one of these pictures?

Thank you meep ❤️ It varies. Travels of Vagabonds was the easiest of the lot, notwithstanding the title cards, and at most, would've taken me 20mn or so. Others had more detail. I remember the Purity section having taken me an hour and ten minutes, yet the vision of that was the clearest in my mind. It was also the one with the most detail.

I tend to spend no longer than an hour and ten minutes each time, though, because I struggle to either continue it or retain attention.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-11 12:16:28

At 9/11/18 08:31 AM, Quisty wrote: What a great piece here. I love the transition from each scene to the next. I think you've got mad skillz :) I hope to see more soon

Aaa thank you meep ❤️ I hope that piece is finished before long!

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-18 17:50:21 (edited 2018-09-18 17:50:41)

Drew this today, as a study. I don't think I'm planning to release it on NG or DeviantArt. OC is mine.

Regardless -- I hope it's a lot more realistic than what I've been known to do hhhh ;;

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-09-29 14:45:27

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-10-31 17:49:51

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-12-07 19:05:37

A small token gesture of thanks for all the support I received over vocal A Breeze From Home. It's nothing much, but I hope you find something to like about it.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-12-18 18:48:09

This one needs no commentary.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-01-07 20:41:38

oof

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-01-26 19:25:27

This one was such a joy to do. It's also my first time actually achieving something like this, which is kinda the look and feel I relate to the most.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-02-24 10:33:27

Finished today, and provisionally on Newgrounds.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-03-17 10:22:54

WIP.

Newgrounds characters + musical instruments + poster format = ?

iu_13916_3805804.jpg

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-04-16 19:12:35

I wasn't expecting to draw anything today, let alone actually be happy with a drawing.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-04-19 20:04:25

Did a quick attempt at an avatar and decided to go bright and cheery again.

iu_20327_3805804.png

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-04-30 11:58:44

Right, ready to reveal what I've been working on lately. I have already pitched this to NG Staff, and the organising team for this year's Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch (NGADM) are backing me up on this.

A proposed Newgrounds skin, which, if all goes well, might grace the background when auditions kick off!

iu_22429_3805804.jpg

Lineart version:

iu_22430_3805804.jpg

Those are MS PowerPoint outlines, yo. The colouring was done on Sketchbook. I'll upload this properly onto Newgrounds when the auditions for the NGADM kick off.

I am also chipping away at the other art assets for this year's NGADM, including promo poster and banner artwork. It is a major anniversary -- it'll be 10 years this year since the first NGADM was held -- and many of us on the audio side of Newgrounds really feel it's a thing to be celebrated. Hopefully this'll give more visibility to the competition this year!

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-06 15:56:26

Pleased to announce that another piece of NGADM-related art is done, and this is the first piece to go up on NG because awareness and all that. Tell all your musician friends!

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-25 14:35:33

meep

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-26 00:02:12

I like the Newgrounds skin. Nice work. 😁 By the way, I can recommend a free art program for drawing if you need something other than PowerPoint.

Blooming even after the darkest of seasons

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-26 01:18:06

At 5/26/19 12:02 AM, Lillendandie wrote: I like the Newgrounds skin. Nice work.

Thank you. ^_^

😁 By the way, I can recommend a free art program for drawing if you need something other than PowerPoint.

Ready to jump down, are we? 😋

I already use Autodesk Sketchbook for colouring, and I occasionally draw with it. The only reasons I much prefer PowerPoint are 1) because of how clean its outlines are, possibly the cleanest I've seen, 2) because I want to annoy people who like to say that stuff made on X software is impossible, isn't art, whatever. I see that I have visibly provoked a reaction over my usage of PowerPoint, I'm glad that the drawing achieved its goal. 😉

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-27 11:39:45

At 5/26/19 01:18 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
Thank you. ^_^

😁 By the way, I can recommend a free art program for drawing if you need something other than PowerPoint.

I already use Autodesk Sketchbook for colouring, and I occasionally draw with it. The only reasons I much prefer PowerPoint are 1) because of how clean its outlines are, possibly the cleanest I've seen, 2) because I want to annoy people who like to say that stuff made on X software is impossible, isn't art, whatever. I see that I have visibly provoked a reaction over my usage of PowerPoint, I'm glad that the drawing achieved its goal. 😉

I only mention software because it would make more tools available to you. I know cost is a barrier for many people and a lot of the free programs are virtually unknown. In my experience, just using a program other than Photoshop "the industry standard" is enough to elicit a negative reaction from certain other people. You don't have to really try to do it, it will just happen, although slowly that attitude is changing.

Blooming even after the darkest of seasons

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-05-27 13:47:32

At 5/27/19 11:39 AM, Lillendandie wrote:
At 5/26/19 01:18 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
Thank you. ^_^

I only mention software because it would make more tools available to you. I know cost is a barrier for many people and a lot of the free programs are virtually unknown. In my experience, just using a program other than Photoshop "the industry standard" is enough to elicit a negative reaction from certain other people. You don't have to really try to do it, it will just happen, although slowly that attitude is changing.

I understand.

Evidently I know you don't express that view, but I've long believed that anyone who likes to bandy around that remark can go eat their most beloved Photoshop, with its newly inflated subscription price. 😉 I'd like to ask them if they ever toss that remark at me, "what's it to you?".

In the past I'd been known to use FireAlpaca, and earlier it was GIMP. Very occasionally would I use MS Paint, mainly for pixel art.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-06-20 08:30:46

I hadn't shared this link on the art thread but, it's a sketch of the Sacred Heart.

This is not any hip-hop reference by the way, I am unfamiliar with the genre and its workings and its theatrics.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2019-06-26 11:25:05

Finally drew Tetria in the style in which she should have been drawn all along, and made her look like an Ar tonelico character.

iu_35919_3805804.jpg