00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Troisnyx's Art Thread

103,223 Views | 639 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-17 04:07:13

At 3/16/18 08:58 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Boy, it feels good to have my tablet back again.

hey this looks really nice!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-17 04:52:17

At 3/17/18 04:07 AM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 3/16/18 08:58 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Boy, it feels good to have my tablet back again.
hey this looks really nice!

Thank you meep. I wasn't expecting summat good for a while, threw away the previous two attempts at drawing on the tablet but decided to keep this one.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-17 10:32:22 (edited 2018-03-17 10:43:12)

Here, as finished as I can make it. Scared of tampering with this one any longer for fear that I'd spoil it.

EDIT: Now on NG as well because I just can't keep these drawings to myself.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-20 19:18:41

Welp, looks like if I keep at this I'll have enough to redesign my own website. Which, if I'm honest, probably needs a redesign and needs it YESTERDAY.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-20 19:19:12

At 3/20/18 07:18 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Welp, looks like if I keep at this I'll have enough to redesign my own website. Which, if I'm honest, probably needs a redesign and needs it YESTERDAY.

Some more, that's about all I have for now. Will update as more site assets come along.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-21 03:36:55

At 3/20/18 10:15 PM, CalmBound wrote: Pretty great and awesome artwork that I see, indeed. Keep up the work! :)

Thank you ^_^

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-22 07:13:39

Another one of the website assets minus filters or tweaks from Wix itself.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-03-26 09:04:14

The first in a series of drawings I intend to finish soon. Also the simplest; this took me a couple hours at most.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-03 16:57:53

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-03 18:44:09

FireAlpaca is the most underrated app imo!

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-03 18:51:33

At 4/3/18 06:44 PM, tarfacraft wrote: FireAlpaca is the most underrated app imo!

Agree; I think I'd heard of it a long time ago and was only told recently by a doujin artist friend that it's still going strong with updates. Also Sketchbook was not doing much for me even if I was familiar with its flow, so I decided to ditch that for FireAlpaca instead.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-04 17:29:28

More of a progress piece than anything, but this was the first thing I drew with FireAlpaca -- a redesign of Shurelia, character from Ar tonelico 1. Probably didn't design the face right but...

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-05 14:29:41

At 3/20/18 07:19 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 3/20/18 07:18 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Welp, looks like if I keep at this I'll have enough to redesign my own website. Which, if I'm honest, probably needs a redesign and needs it YESTERDAY.
Some more, that's about all I have for now. Will update as more site assets come along.

Love this website stuff!!! Can we have the link? It'd love to check it out with the content.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-05 14:32:18

At 4/5/18 02:29 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 3/20/18 07:19 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
Love this website stuff!!! Can we have the link? It'd love to check it out with the content.

It's not updated yet, and may likely be down until later this month but the domain it's always been on is this: https://troisnyx.co.uk/

I need to redo everything of the above on FireAlpaca because Sketchbook isn't cutting it for me anymore, and it's best that I keep the style and quality of all these images consistent.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-10 12:51:10 (edited 2018-04-10 12:51:48)

WIP, ballpoint pens on card. Just took an image of it on my phone; I'm not going to bother scanning it in until it's done.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-16 07:21:29

The first of the finished redraws for troisnyx.co.uk.
I don't know how many more I have to go but I'm going to maso this until autumn comes by ;A;

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-04-17 17:45:45

Keeping going with the second drawing finished, with a page that I'd dedicated specially to the doujin circle I'm in.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-07 08:44:59

Another one of many transparent PNGs I've done for the site redesign, this time specifically pertaining to Mio/Homura (the drum and tambourine are near exactly the ones I used in the music video for said song).

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-08 11:13:15

Work in progress; this is my fiancé's character for DND.

*screams in absolute frustration at the amount of hours needed to just do lights and shadows*

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-08 15:38:33

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-20 18:37:25 (edited 2018-05-20 18:38:39)

WIP. T-shirt design. Barely even scratching the surface with this image.
Because no, I am not afraid of failing but I am not fucking giving up on these dreams of mine, and the image may not be much but it's just one unique shirt that I want to reflect myself through.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-20 18:43:11

At 5/20/18 06:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: WIP. T-shirt design. Barely even scratching the surface with this image.
Because no, I am not afraid of failing but I am not fucking giving up on these dreams of mine, and the image may not be much but it's just one unique shirt that I want to reflect myself through.

That would work well as a woven patch or a sticker as well.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-20 18:48:41

At 5/20/18 06:43 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 5/20/18 06:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: WIP. T-shirt design. Barely even scratching the surface with this image.
That would work well as a woven patch or a sticker as well.

There might even be a page on the website redesign that features this... Ooooo!

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-20 18:55:03

At 5/20/18 06:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote: There might even be a page on the website redesign that features this... Ooooo!

*gasp* I'd get a sticker. I like stickers, and there's always space on the side of the desktop.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-21 10:02:12

Struggling with the lighting, shadow, fire. Pointers / help appreciated. Thank you.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-22 13:58:05

Not finished. NOT GIVING UP

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-22 14:18:06 (edited 2018-05-22 14:31:27)

At 5/22/18 01:58 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Not finished. NOT GIVING UP

That is really awesome. You have been putting in some work for real haven't you?
That is a wonderful artistic technique you have stumbled upon. I like it very much.

You know I don't think you are really struggling with lightening or shadow I just think because of whatever program you are using you have to over compensate...I liked the thin-lined piece in the very beginning of your presentation...
you could have left it like this and just finished the ring of fire for sake of congruence. But you know no one was upset that your Omina turned out so dark, if the darkness disturbs you just keep to that original pattern.
The wood cut style is really nice though https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/troisnyx/study-01 these lighting effects are just satisfying to look at and give a wisping impression that is hardly seen and I suppose that is why I like it.
I have to ask though when it comes to lightening and shadows, what are you looking for that frustrates you with your end result?
Once you know where to stop I think you would not become frustrated.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

ADVENT VOICE!! HERE TO SERVE!!

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-22 14:35:06

At 5/22/18 02:18 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
That is really awesome. You have been putting in some work for real haven't you?
That is a wonderful artistic technique you have stumbled upon. I like it very much.

You know I don't think you are really struggling with lightening or shadow I just think because of whatever program you are using you have to over compensate...I liked the thin-lined piece in the very beginning of your presentation...
you could have left it like this and just finished the ring of fire for sake of congruence. But you know no one was upset that your Omina turned out so dark, if the darkness disturbs you just keep to that original pattern.
The wood cut style is really nice though https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/troisnyx/study-01 these lighting effects are just satisfying to look at and give a wisping impression that is hardly seen and I suppose that is why I like it.
I have to ask though when it comes to lightening and shadows, what are you looking for that frustrates you with your end result?
Once you know where to stop I think you would not become frustrated.

What I am trying to do is to make the lighting fall naturally where the fire is, and the shadows form naturally. But I must understand the theory of how this should work... Creases may have a bit of shadow but there is still a fairly overwhelming amount of light. Where the dove is, is lighter but it'd make more sense for the whole BG to be darker, being only light where the dove is (I can correct that). What I'm having trouble correcting is actually a few things:

1) Anatomy. The hand does not curve naturally.
2) The lighting and shadow on the girl, and on the drum.

I know it's a cartoony style but I want to at least have a good idea of how the light falls, and make that at least semi-realistic.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-22 14:51:11 (edited 2018-05-22 14:52:30)

At 5/22/18 02:35 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/22/18 02:18 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
1) Anatomy. The hand does not curve naturally.
2) The lighting and shadow on the girl, and on the drum.

I know it's a cartoony style but I want to at least have a good idea of how the light falls, and make that at least semi-realistic.

Well that might take some time studying what semi-realistic looks like
Natasa Illincic is no expert on the subject and she will tell you time and time again she nearly gives up on a lot of her projects too because they become frustrating, but after taking a break and really thinking about what she wants, she has a way of cutting the lines just right.
Again I really think it is tough to ask for realisms from what we have to work with. but from what I have seen, lighter lines and a fine hand produce the brightness that you want.
Of course I am still practicing too. LOL.
Natasa Illincic did the seal works by the way..she is an awesome artist, I look at her works all the time with a drip of envy that spurs me to become better.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

ADVENT VOICE!! HERE TO SERVE!!

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2018-05-23 13:45:21