00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Troisnyx's Art Thread

103,158 Views | 639 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-01-21 20:19:19

Again, too many lines. This is meant to be a picture of @IrishChieftain and me in a bodhrán duel.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-01-21 20:20:41

Then there's Kirby, just because.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-01-21 20:22:07

Then this... is some sort of bullet hell thing that started off as a wreath of spirits in stereotypical Japanese colours.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 15:22:48

The first of my scanned sketches from this book I got, 712 More Things to Draw. Each sketch is based on a prompt written on a page, or a section of a page in said book, and can range from simple everyday objects to metaphysical concepts.

-----

Today's Prompt: The Centre of the Earth

This thing was scanned a little diagonally, so I'm afraid the description and part of the drawing has been cropped out. I am going to write what's here.

Once, many centuries ago, it was believed that Hell was below the surface of the earth. Now reconciling that belief with what we know is at the centre of the earth...

Pen and colour pencils. Some of the sketch lines might be visible, I'm afraid. Oh well. Anyway. Pretty grim reminder of what evil feels like, considering today's the start of Lent and all. I'm not feeling so good already.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 15:37:58 (edited 2015-02-18 15:39:09)

Even more pen-and-colour-pencil work from 712 More Things to Draw.

----

EDIT: CRAP, I forgot to upload this. Here we go:

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 15:42:56

And more. This is one of my favourites, mainly for its colours. (And yes, I did colour in that glow around the bottle.)

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 15:45:57

And more.

Tumblr is one of the sites I'm staying away from for Lent, and that means I am barring myself from accessing the photo from which this is based. Feel free to visit my Tumblr if you'd like to find out the actual jack-o-lantern that inspired this.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 15:55:43

And another. My fiancé's comment on this jewel was recorded here -- "Perspective is lost on it." I should think it is; I have struggled with perspective for ages.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:13:48

At 2/18/15 03:51 PM, JojoDodo wrote:
At 1/21/15 08:20 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Then there's Kirby, just because.
Don't mean to be a douche, but I'm pretty positive you could draw kirby (and much more complex things) without doing lines over lines over lines over lines, or even without need of a sketch. I guess you do out of lack of confidence, but your work is good, you should be proud of what you do :D

Ach, don't worry about it. ^_^ I do so out of lack of confidence, it is true. Many people have pointed this out in this very thread. This is why I have the tendency to draw armature upon armature of sketch lines hoping that after X number of tries, I might finally get it right....

Thanks for checking my thread out though -- glad you like this stuff.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:16:11

And another one from 712 More Things to Draw.
The inscription for this drawing was provided by my fiancé, who made this comment after he saw this drawing for the first time. Oops........

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:17:29

And another one. I think this is the simplest drawing of mine that has come from that book thus far.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:29:38

And now for some maho shojo memories. I think.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:44:17

One of the earliest things I did in 712 More Things to Draw.
Fiancé said this thing looks more like a tube of toothpaste than a tube of paint.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-18 16:48:51

Another one of my favourites from 712.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-20 16:48:03

Your earth is very colorful and lively.

Oh! Pumpkins are my favorite thing to draw. It's kind of an obsession of mine, haha. I love your pumpkin drawing. The blue complements the orange very well. Props for using multiple colors on the pumpkin, as well. I'm that fool of an artist that only thinks in terms of single hues. ^^

Regardless of perspective issues, your jewel has clear and beautiful surfaces. Thus, I feel like the most important aspect has not been lost.

Mmm, that honeycomb is dripping with deliciousness. It... reminds me of my childhood, for some reason. :D

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-20 18:27:46

At 2/20/15 04:48 PM, Krichotomy wrote: Your earth is very colorful and lively.

I was thinking that referred to my drawings in general, and then I saw the Centre of the Earth thing.... and remembered. Only to find what was beneath its surface, *shudder*......

Oh! Pumpkins are my favorite thing to draw. It's kind of an obsession of mine, haha. I love your pumpkin drawing. The blue complements the orange very well. Props for using multiple colors on the pumpkin, as well. I'm that fool of an artist that only thinks in terms of single hues. ^^

Believe me, single hues can be used to great effect, like if you're leaving negative space (white for instance) for a two-tone effect. I'm not sure how to reach this, but what I've observed tells me it's possible. I'd like to try this someday, and I encourage you to, as well.

Regardless of perspective issues, your jewel has clear and beautiful surfaces. Thus, I feel like the most important aspect has not been lost.

I had Sonic games on the brain while doing this. The Chaos Emeralds never lose their lustre in my books, apparently. XD

Mmm, that honeycomb is dripping with deliciousness. It... reminds me of my childhood, for some reason. :D

Does it now? :D Got any memories you'd like to share?

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-20 19:51:40

At 2/20/15 06:27 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I had Sonic games on the brain while doing this. The Chaos Emeralds never lose their lustre in my books, apparently. XD

Actually, chaos emeralds were the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your drawing. ^^

Does it now? :D Got any memories you'd like to share?

It doesn't evoke any specific memories, just my childhood in general.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-22 12:44:42

Sketch done after midnight last night, in the middle of an anxiety attack.

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-22 19:27:25

Unfinished drawing of a priest playing chess with a CEO. I have trouble aligning chess pieces from this angle.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-23 06:13:59 (edited 2015-02-23 06:14:30)

From 712 More Things to Draw.
Not the roundest beach ball in the world if I've ever seen it. But it's a start.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-23 06:31:22

My take on the flying saucer from 712 More Things to Draw.
The awestruck expression on this guy's face, I took inspiration for it from Mechanical Angel 2, the first animation in which my music was featured.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-23 17:53:51

Work in progress. Inspired by Hoshiyomi from Ar Tonelico I.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with all that space.

Sketchbook Express.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-23 20:02:20

Update. Still not finished.

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-24 13:36:30 (edited 2015-02-24 13:40:10)

At 2/23/15 08:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Update. Still not finished.

In the second version, I feel like the haze covering all the starry area nullifies the depth that I felt from the first version. That's not necessarily bad - it depends on what you want the image to be. I just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: To clarify: The second is great too. I love it. I don't think it's worse than the first.

EDIT 2: The first one makes a better desktop background. I tried it. XD

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-27 05:59:51

At 2/24/15 01:36 PM, Krichotomy wrote:
At 2/23/15 08:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Update. Still not finished.
In the second version, I feel like the haze covering all the starry area nullifies the depth that I felt from the first version. That's not necessarily bad - it depends on what you want the image to be. I just thought I'd mention it.

I kinda get what you mean. Trouble with me, when it comes to art, is that I don't have any end result in my head.... and if I do, it's rare. I'm not even sure what I want the image to be......

EDIT: To clarify: The second is great too. I love it. I don't think it's worse than the first.

EDIT 2: The first one makes a better desktop background. I tried it. XD

Did you now? ^_^

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-27 10:05:59

Right, so my fiancé gifted me the first prompt book, 642 Things to Draw, and I've started to tackle some of them. Here's the first:

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-27 10:07:11

And the second. They're actually toadstools, but hey.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-27 10:07:45

This is the most misshapen glass of milk I have ever seen.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-02-27 10:08:40

And this one has 'dice' as the prompt. I thought I'd draw snakes and ladders. I like the colours, but I don't think I know how good it looks otherwise.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread

Response to Troisnyx's Art Thread 2015-03-02 12:21:35

Another one from 642 Things to Draw. This one probably talks about the quarter, as in the US coin, but.... since I live in Britain, I took it to mean... A LITERAL QUARTER!

And this is what happens when Kingdom Hearts' Sora gets to a quarter of his health in the early stages.

----

Troisnyx's Art Thread