Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 23:18:22

At 6/11/12 10:44 PM, Obsideo wrote:
At 6/11/12 10:35 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 6/11/12 10:14 PM, Obsideo wrote: So I already asked HDC, but does anyone here wanna battle?

I feel like I'm getting out of practice.
Actually, you know what, pick a beat and start your verse. You wanna do four 16's or 32-32? And I'll hit you up with my verse in about a month when, oh wait, wrong battle, sorry...
Alright, I'll start writing!

Should have it to you by at least 2022.

I expect mostly pre-writtens, several bars of filler, a few disses on my accent, and maybe one other personal.

Send it to me by the time we colonize Mars.

CogSpin
CogSpin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 05:56:30

AllHipHop.com is releasing a mixtape in July this year, featuring only new artists..

They're going to be passing out 10,000 copies at various summer events.....

Details are here

http://allhiphop.com/allhiphop-com-and-you-can-fly-holdings-
present-2012-mixtape/

If anyone here thinks they're up for it, the page I just linked shows you where to send in your stuff, for the chance for it to be featured on the mixtape.

cogspin

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 07:58:22

At 6/11/12 10:47 PM, MadFLeX wrote:
At 6/11/12 08:48 PM, MadFLeX wrote: stuff that's not about me but I'm makin it about me

Only reason I'm doin this is cuz Flex is apparently the God MC in this mufucka and I ain't gona have him manipulatin the younger generation into thinking that there's only one way to rap.

I hate your review, and here's why.

1. Everything, all of the imperfect rhyme schemes, the "spoken word" flow you call offbeat and say you didn't like, is all done on purpose. I can be the most precise rapper in the world if I wanna be, but that's not music.

Sorry dude, but "imperfects" have been ok ever since Biggie rhymed "go/unbelievable." You can't sit there and bug out over the letters in the word saying they shouldn't rhyme. Off rhymes with ball if you swing the "A" and drop the f off in the first word. And that's ok, cuz that rhyme was about the visual, not using chaismus (internal rhymes)

2. Spoken word flo has been ok since JayZ did it with Em on the illest underground rap song to ever hit the mainstream. Everybody thought that Em murked Jay cuz Em was perfectly syncopated, but the reason that song was so great was BECAUSE of the "spoken word" flow that Jay used to accentuate the difference in styles. Each of their flos set off of the other one. So you not "liking" the flow I "chose" has nothing to do with the battle. I think you should have focused more on my technical ability to use said flow rather than the mere fact I chose it. What, if I don't do syncopated 16ths then it's no good? Naa, my dog, that's not music.

Regardless, I AM going to be using a fully syncopated, staccato, 16th note flow in the finals cuz I'm tired of ppl sayin I'm offbeat just cuz they don't understand a jazzier, funkier style. It's not all about sounding like a damn computer and using the rhyme dictionary for "perfect" rhymes.

Of course, the dirty South has always been more artistic than the West. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hip hop kids, do YOU, and study ALL forms of music, not just that MC that sounds like a goddamn computer! Don't copy motherfuckers just cuz!!!

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Wrise
Wrise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 08:54:31

I really need to listen to more 'gangsta rap' or whatever it's called.

I won't be voting, purely because I'm way too biased against anyone who mentions the words "shoot", "you", and "pistol" in the same line in a battle. Same goes for "fuck/stretch", "your", "girl's/bitch's", and "pussy".

I have absolutely nothing interesting to say.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 10:23:07

At 6/12/12 08:54 AM, Wrise wrote: I really need to listen to more 'gangsta rap' or whatever it's called.

I won't be voting, purely because I'm way too biased against anyone who mentions the words "shoot", "you", and "pistol" in the same line in a battle. Same goes for "fuck/stretch", "your", "girl's/bitch's", and "pussy".

If you are referring to me in any way, the criticism is slightly off. However, to keep from referring to the battle, I will leave the actual words I stated in the battle out. However, I will say this.

There is a storied history and culture to the art of the insult in hip hop. It's how people bond, and to dismiss what is meant to be partly comical wordplay as the rather antiquated notion of "gangster rap" shows that you need to immerse yourself more fully in the overall culture, which has little to do with actually being a gangster.

Basically, you should be much more concerned with the devices that the vocalist uses to bring across the point than the actual action involved in the words. It is the same type of vulgar device that Shakespeare used in every Act 4 of his plays when he quite deliberately became vulgar in order to appease the tastes of the less culturally aware people who attended his plays.

BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 13:00:00

At 6/12/12 07:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 6/11/12 10:47 PM, MadFLeX wrote:
At 6/11/12 08:48 PM, MadFLeX wrote: stuff that's not about me but I'm makin it about me

Of course, the dirty South has always been more artistic than the West. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You're kidding right? And I rep the Dirty Dirty

MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 13:32:07

SJD, I've really liked your flow all the way through this competition, it has an element of unpredictability that sets you apart from others. Your use of literary devices and slant rhymes don't go unnoticed, but I feel like if you take the soft rhyme approach at the end of an AB scheme, it brings attention to it in a way that it doesn't when you are doing it internally. Additionally, I just thought for this particular beat, the flow didn't fit as well as it has in other battles. On the other hand, I really liked the approach Suddle took in terms of flow to this battle because I felt like it was appropriate for the beat selection. On a different beat, I would have preferred yours.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 16:13:15

At 6/12/12 01:32 PM, MadFLeX wrote: somethin that made sense but idgaf

That would be a valid point... if you... and Suddle... and um... BigRed weren't so... so fuckin... gay. Yeaaaaahhhh, that's it. Gay gay gay. Yes, their gayness factors into how I view your comments.

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 16:39:10

lol for all this noise you would think I voted for Suddle.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 16:49:41

At 6/12/12 04:39 PM, MadFLeX wrote: lol for all this noise you would think I voted for Suddle.

That, sir, would have lost you all credibility.

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 17:05:12

• KaosCypher -instr-
    KaosCypher -instr- by AxTekk

64 bars of darkness.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

One thing I've noticed about the Senator's flow is that it works best on light hearted beats. It murked on Thee Anthem, and also on Swag City.

One thing I'll try to do in the lead up to the finals and third place play off is try to write a beat that would suit the Senator's voice like that (already made a beat more to suit Suddle style dark beats, complete with an Amen break, link related).

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 17:26:34

At 6/12/12 05:05 PM, AxTekk wrote: A cool beat

Nice beat.

What is going on with that big collab we all started aaaaages ago?

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 18:26:06

Remember kids, at least nobody here can be as bad as Canibus.

~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 19:24:54

At 6/12/12 06:26 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Remember kids, at least nobody here can be as bad as Canibus.

That's the first battle rapper I've ever felt sorry for. And what makes it so bad is somehow, still, the kid's a legend.

BBS Signature
Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 19:35:02

At 6/12/12 07:24 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 6/12/12 06:26 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Remember kids, at least nobody here can be as bad as Canibus.
That's the first battle rapper I've ever felt sorry for. And what makes it so bad is somehow, still, the kid's a legend.

I'm waiting for the official release, but so far, from what I've heard, I'm expecting the worst battle showing of all time. This includes Lil C

~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 19:44:20

You haven't seen the whole thing yet? It's already out on YT. Full battle below. Bad quality tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVBksriBOg

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 20:40:36

Canibus just wasn't made for that format. He's a dying breed who still writes without Google.

On that note, I'm currently at 13/50. Giving myself 2 weeks to get 50.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 20:56:53

It's time for you all to stop bitching about Canibus and check out my new joint with SJD, beat courtesy of AxTekk.

THIS SHIT'S GIVIN' ME THE HEEBIE JEEBIES.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 21:00:56

At 6/12/12 08:56 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: It's time for you all to stop bitching about Canibus and check out my new joint with SJD, beat courtesy of AxTekk.

I second this notion.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 22:05:09

Yo SenJonDea, you have a severe disparity between style and substance.
Sounds like you're spitting constant punchlines throughout the battle but the lyrics show otherwise, re-tawk.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-12 22:32:16

At 6/11/12 03:57 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote: now TEQNEEK....dawg....you need to chill out man! yeah I trolled everybody hard and all that funny shit I did, but I don't want you to think I have a "problem" with you. It was all born out of sheer boredom. but alas my girlfriend is pregnant now and I've had to loosen my grip on this forum and for the record Teq, I never voted on your battles.

When was sudz trolling? I never even noticed.
And kids, rubbers are serious business. I wish that announcement occurred before/during OUR battle so i could do some punchlines about how suds now trapped in a lifelong relationship (good or bad) with the girl he was talking to me about wanting to leave not a month ago. Plus cheating on her. So much sadness....im sure i can come up with hilariousness.

BBS Signature
MilkDudisaBEAST
MilkDudisaBEAST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 01:55:13

enjoy my new beat loosers! haha i bet your all scared now hahahahahahahahapussy's

• wining beat of dud train
    wining beat of dud train by MilkDudisaBEAST

i bet you miss your fathr the milk dud well stop crying then BITCH

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 02:07:12

At 6/12/12 07:44 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: You haven't seen the whole thing yet? It's already out on YT. Full battle below. Bad quality tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVBksriBOg

I don't watch bootlegs. Rather wait for the official release, especially because I'm pretty sure I'll only watch this battle once.

~Mike~

MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 02:39:28

I can't even get through the thing. It's so damn awkward and uncomfortable. There was all sorts of energy in the room and it just dies.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 03:07:35

At 6/13/12 02:39 AM, MadFLeX wrote: I can't even get through the thing. It's so damn awkward and uncomfortable. There was all sorts of energy in the room and it just dies.

Just finished watching it now. I feel bad for dizaster, his third was dope but the energy was already gone.

~Mike~

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 04:10:46

At 6/12/12 05:26 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Nice beat.

What is going on with that big collab we all started aaaaages ago?

I got seven acappellas at present, you, me, the senator, teq, Wyze, Scuare and Obsideo so we COULD just roll with that if everyone likes, or we could wait till the end of the comp see if anyone else sends in acappellas. It'd be cool if we had KillBill, Gas etc. on as well obvs, but this looks less and less likely by the day.

ANYONE ELSE WANT IN ON THE CLAB CYPHE WE STARTED AGES AGO?

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 04:12:57

At 6/12/12 08:56 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: It's time for you all to stop bitching about Canibus and check out my new joint with SJD, beat courtesy of AxTekk.

WOW. Shit just got real. I love how you guys rode that beat, Beats your mic quality and production standard are wayyy high.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 04:17:53

At 6/12/12 10:05 PM, PiGPEN wrote: Yo SenJonDea, you have a severe disparity between style and substance.
Sounds like you're spitting constant punchlines throughout the battle but the lyrics show otherwise, re-tawk.

There is no way I can please everybody, so I just do what I do. People's perspectives are completely different. There was a reviewer that said I had constant punchlines. There was another reviewer that said it was all filler. That's like calling a sandwich dinner and supper. So I just have to disregard everybody.

Only thing that matters to me is being heard and getting downloads.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 05:55:13

At 6/13/12 04:17 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Only thing that matters to me is being heard and getting downloads.

Speaking of which...

• Rock Singer
    Rock Singer by SenatorJohnDean

Stick with it or give it all up?

Score
    4.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Wrise
Wrise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-13 07:33:21

All I can say is 360 choked harder against Kid Twist last year, hopefully the guy redeems himself against Mad Child this year.

I have absolutely nothing interesting to say.