00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Could you live without Facebook?

3,145 Views | 64 Replies

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 10:03:43

I use it a load, so I'd find it difficult, but not impossible.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 10:06:10

At 15 minutes ago, Dean wrote: That's all Facebook is to me. A way to keep in touch with people that I don't regularly see in person.

I have to agree, facebook is something i sometimes browse for like 2 mins, see whats going on, who posted some cat pictures, poke some people... really i could easily live without it... in fact the only reason i have a account was because people kept going on at me to get one... its only usefull for remembering peoples birthdays so i dont have too and telling me about parties and groups of my friends who are going out to various places so i dont have to play the relay game of text messages on my phone...

BUT i could do all that without facebook... its just there and i use it when i want to... it wouldn't change my life if it disappeared forever one day... i dont think i would even bother with google+

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 10:14:06

I have a Facebook so people don't bug me to get a Facebook. Otherwise I really don't use it much to contact people.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 10:14:19

most can live without facebook because it is not essential. there are always better channel to get in touch with people.

in some very rare cases, a person might get addicted to facebook, or the internet in general. from their point of view, it is inconceiable for anybody to live without access to facebook, or all forms of entertainment in the internet.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 10:17:52

Yes I can.

I definitely lived without Facebook before it got really popular, so I can certainly live without it today.

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 11:18:35

I think I could live without Facebook. All I use it for is to keep up with bands I like anyway...

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 11:39:01

I only use Facebook to talk to my gaming buds so we can get together. All that social life crap is overrated. If Facebook was down my friend and I could just use Skype or he could call my house or whatever.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 11:40:38

Easily, I haven't used Facebook properly for over 2 years now.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 11:43:58

Well, yes...I doubt I would stop breathing without it. But I think if I deleted mine I would notice how much more time I had on my hands, and how much more effort I would have to put in to contacting people.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 12:16:48

Meh, personally i dont have a problem with facebook. I probably couldnt live without it, yet i never post statuses, pictures ect.
I basically use it to follow musicians i like, and occationally talk to people. Also, for my uni course and stuff like that, all discussions between students is on the facebook groups and stuff, i would srsly have no idea what was going on any of the time if i didnt have faicbook.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 12:34:11

Despite the fact that about anyone I know has a Facebook account, I'm getting along just fine without.

I do have an account at some other, similar website, but I haven't really been there for years and never really saw the appeal of these kind of websites anyway. If I want to keep in touch with friends, I'd much rather just hang out with them IRL or call them or send them an e-mail if I really need to speak to them quickly. I especially don't see the point in having hundreds of "friends" who are basically people I've met only once in my life and I don't really care one tiny bit about anyway.

Furthermore, I just feel that the "keeping in touch" that you do on social network sites is very shallow.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 12:42:38

I haven't been on facebook for 21 years.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:04:22

Now ay man i would commint sucicde!

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:13:08

Yeah, I could very easily live without it. It's not a giant part of my life as it is, I only occasionally talk to people there to make plans. Most of the time I'd text or call the person I wanted to hang out with. If so many people I knew didn't use Facebook as their only means of socialization, I wouldn't have a Facebook account.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:14:42

At 8 hours ago, MatrixGravity wrote: Could You Live Without Facebook?

Absolutely no problem. I've never had Facebook and I never will. If I want to talk to someone I will ring them or visit them, not contact them via a social networking site. And my anonymity is very important to me.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:15:37

I haven't had a Facebook account for over half a year now.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:21:16

I had no problem living without a social network beforehand, I'd have no problem living without it now.
The only reason I have facebook is to keep in contact with people when I have a very busy schedule. But email 'n' instant messaging can cure that just as good.

Less Farmville updates that way, too.

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:31:38

I don't use Facebook much, so...

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 13:44:29

I could,but most of my family are on facebook. That's how I communitcate with kin out of town.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 14:26:48

Never had one, don't need one.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 14:35:50

I only use my Facebook profile when it's someone's birthday or something and that's always when I get an e-mail. I have used it in the past to go to different meetings, but I've got of gotten out of that, seeing as how I have frequently been working now and have to be flexible. Or maybe I'm just getting more forgetful or something. I guess it is probably the best way to communicate with friends nowadays, but hey, I have something more personal like this website of course!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 14:53:06

The internet was much better before site like MySpace and Facebook. Remember peoples' personal websites? Those were fucking boss.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 15:00:06

Yeah probably could, all Im using it for is poking and stalking bitches mercilessly.

Without any significant results though.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 15:40:04

I could, but I never need to remember people's birthdays with it.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 15:46:25

At 9 hours ago, SqueezyLemon wrote: Considering the NG forums don't have much of a social life, I doubt most of them would care.
I talk to enough people on there, and I make plans with my friends on there.

there's this cool thing called a telephone

if we release the gingers we are all in terrible danger

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 17:16:07

I could easily live without it. Although I would miss it.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 17:49:03

I grew up without internet, cable, whatever the next gen console was, etc. Most of my time was spent on my desktop playing megaman or MS Painting. So yeah i can live without facebook, but i do enjoy it alot. Its connects me to other people and breaks ice with them without the awkward atmosphere of reality.

Alot of people seem to resent facebook for a reason i cannot figure out. Im actually borderline of loosing my best friend for 7 years because he refuses to contact his friends through facebook. Havent seen the guy for 4 weeks now because he wont answer calls, check facebook, etc when he has more devices to do so than any of my friends.

Yes 14 year old girls post annoying shit on there, yes almost all of the people that use it are a completely different person on facebook but that doesnt mean your even slightly obligated to do the same. If you feel the same way do yourself a favor, go make a random new account and tell me what you see. Nothing is the correct answer, that annoying news feed no longer exists because you dont have any friends. So next time your acting like a annoying cynic about hooooww annoying your facebook is, remember whos fault it is for adding/accepting the people who fill your news feed.

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 18:00:51

At 12 hours ago, MatrixGravity wrote: I recently deleted mine in hopes that I'll stay away from it. I find it incredibly time consuming, not to mention distracting, and I don't even talk to anybody on there so I figured whats the point of even keeping a profile?

Wait what? How could it be either time consuming or distracting if you never talked to anyone on it? What the hell else is there to keep you coming back?

Anyway yeah I could easily live without Facebook. I use it almost every day for communication (don't own a phone) but I could easily give it up. My social life would somehow become even less active, but I can live with that.

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 18:59:31

Yes, I could

Facebook is just mainly a place where you can chat with friends (what I mostly do when I'm on), share pictures with yoour friends, and post status updates. Does everyone really need this? No. Is is handy? Yes.

I could live without Facebook though, I'd just find better things to do. After all, you can always use Windows Live Messenger to chat with friends instead.

Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature

Response to Could you live without Facebook? 2012-02-17 19:00:35

no, to gather info and not use my wifi as honeypot or w.e
my unit is sterile and have attempted to seal it from the others contamined air, it is all the former skids who introduced the vermin, lay off the cigs and you might be able to smell yours feces
I am guided by ECCO and nothing stands in my way!

Could you live without Facebook?

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021