00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

25,130 Views | 140 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-22 15:46:31

Yeah...
The visual for my audio seems out of sync at best, disabled at worst.
I have tested with the more "readable" visualizations (bars, scope) and They remained flat most of the time, and randomly spiked. Volume is at 100%, and spikes didn't follow any pattern...
I think it started when I had multiple tabs of NG audio open (and playing) at once.
Using Chrome with windows 7 home premium, 32 bit.
Converted from Vista, if that helps.
Oh, and I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1501

Why do I need a signature???

Because this is the best I can do right now.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-23 05:46:53

This has already been said, *somewhat*. But it's been bugging me lately, because it doesn't seem to always apply.

Several weeks ago, I had finished a song that I put news posts out about and was sharing with Step. Then, I tried uploading it. What happened was as follows:

1. Song uploads completely, it says the exact size of it, and I can see the little sonic wave visualizer thing that shows a song is uploaded.

2. Tried to play through the little sonic visualizer thing. No go.

3. Tried preview. Bar stays stuck at 100% and will not play.

4. Changed Step to be a manager in the audio project so he could upload it - same bugs.

5. Made a short other song and finished that - uploaded it easily and got it out in about 5 minutes with no problems whatsoever.

So, I KNOW that this song isn't over the limit - I made it smaller in filesize specifically so it'd fit here on NG. I'd have thought it was sound clipping, but I padded that, and it hasn't been a problem beforehand. ...and definitely hasn't been a problem for the other artists who put out songs with volumes at 9001%.

I will send the audio to you, Mike, so that you can check it.

Thanks.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-23 07:31:00

It's weird, I see many having issues with the uploading bar going to 100% and freezing. But me, my bar goes to about 25-30% and THEN freezes. It stays like that for hours and hours. And I've had this problem for a long time, I don't recall what I did the last time I uploaded a song, it happened then too but I got it to work somehow.

I hope this won't be an issue EVERYTIME I want to upload something. And yes, I've tried every browser I have; IE, chrome, FF, maxthon and even opera...

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-09-30 12:44:16

I've noticed a bug that occurs when someone deleted an Audio Project. When it's deleted, you cannot access the normal audio page, but if you have the author on your favourites list so new songs will appear on your personal start page of newgrounds, you can still listen to the deleted song there by clicking on the disk icon of the song. It will popup the mini audio player below the song and plays it as it would have not been deleted. Also, it's still possible to download the song using tools like 'Video DownloadHelper' for Firefox when previewing the song. I believe this will occur on embedded songs on the forum as well.

Just a test if this happens here:

This song by KittenBeat has been deleted by her, so you normally should not be able to listen to it. When it occurs here, you're able to listen to it just by clicking the disk icon next to the song.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-11-07 12:58:32

Just noticed another bug in the Audio Portal. When you have a song uploaded by a user that has not been scouted yet, you can now vote on that song anyway. It still shows up the message that the user is not scouted yet, but also shows the voting buttons.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-11-07 18:31:55

When writing a review in Firefox, if you pause or play the song on the page and go back down to continue writing, the UI becomes unresponsive and your keystrokes are not registered.

IE: The song on a page plays automatically. I start writing a review but halfway through I decide to turn it off so that I can concentrate on what I'm writing. I go back down to continue writing and I can click on the writing box and the writing cursor is displayed, but when I type nothing is added to what I already have written.

This is a problem when you want to refer to a specific time in the song and need to listen to it again to find it. You can reload the page and what you've already written will still be there in your review, but if you have poor internet speeds this becomes a problem as it can take over a minute for the page to reload.

Also, this horseshit:

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-11-08 14:23:48

At 11/7/12 06:31 PM, WizMystery wrote:
IE: The song on a page plays automatically. I start writing a review but halfway through I decide to turn it off so that I can concentrate on what I'm writing. I go back down to continue writing and I can click on the writing box and the writing cursor is displayed, but when I type nothing is added to what I already have written.

This is a problem when you want to refer to a specific time in the song and need to listen to it again to find it. You can reload the page and what you've already written will still be there in your review, but if you have poor internet speeds this becomes a problem as it can take over a minute for the page to reload.

I can confirm that problem, but I believe it's a bug in the interface between flash and firefox. You don't need to reload the page at all. It also helps to click outside the review textbox when you cannot write into it. So, just click outside of it so the focus is not on the textbox anymore and then click on the textbox again, and voila, you can write again. So, I believe either Adobe or Mozilla need to fix that. Or maybe even both of them.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-07-27 15:35:48

In light of the recent publishing updates resulting in a few bugs here and there with the audio portal, I'm bumping this thread so that people can find it a little easier ;)

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-07-27 16:52:44

Ever since the site redesign, the new Audio Player has become glitchy. Whenever I scroll within the page or when I open another tab/do something else in another program the audio skips. What causes this and can it be fixed?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-07-31 11:51:20

At 7/27/13 03:35 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: In light of the recent publishing updates resulting in a few bugs here and there with the audio portal, I'm bumping this thread so that people can find it a little easier ;)

I actually haven't noticed any bugs! That is probably because I haven't uploaded anything in two years...

Good idea on the bump. Let us know what you find guys.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-08-02 12:28:40

I'm seeing a bug in which any songs with a foreign character (eg: accents) now show up as having no title at all. I only noticed it the last couple of days and everything was fine before then. I checked the "world" genre to make sure it wasn't just my songs and it seems to apply to everyone.

I tried on multiple devices including both of my laptops, a friends desktop and my phone as well as multiple browsers and they all still shows up as having no title.

Normally I would just change my titles to get rid of the accents, but I don't seem to be able to do that.

In the screenshot, my song was normally named Réflexion and the same bug is affecting my song Tempête.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-08-04 14:52:24

At 8/2/13 02:00 PM, Elitistinen wrote: The audio player literally cannot play, even after I cleared caches and updated Flash player.
Or maybe of Firefox?

Do you have any add-ons?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-09-23 12:36:34

While listening to a song got this message:

"user has not been scouted.
Recommend this user for the Audio Portal?
Also, since you are a member of the Audio Portal you can see the secret list of unscouted audio artists."
which contains a link to http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/member/unscouted_list

I am, however, not a member of the Audio Portal and visiting the page only yields an error message.

There should be a way to edit <s>posts and</s> reviews. No strike-through?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-09-24 11:16:32

At 9/23/13 12:36 PM, torac wrote: I am, however, not a member of the Audio Portal and visiting the page only yields an error message.

I'm guessing you tried accessing the page while not logged on?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-09-25 05:38:46

At 9/24/13 11:16 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/23/13 12:36 PM, torac wrote: I am, however, not a member of the Audio Portal and visiting the page only yields an error message.
I'm guessing you tried accessing the page while not logged on?

I was logged in. My guess is that I am actually not allowed to see the page and shouldn't even have seen a link to it.

There should be a way to edit <s>posts and</s> reviews. No strike-through?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-11-16 20:46:34

Whenever I'm trying to listen to my audio, it constantly freezes up and hurts my ears. What's got me puzzled though, is that turning off visualizations didn't seem to do a thing for me...

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2013-11-17 03:05:17

At 11/17/13 02:28 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Same problem, happens on both Chrome and Firefox, both Debian and Win 7. Once the damn player crashes, the whole browser followed.

You guys get the latest flash update? I got a notification about there being an update like... 1-2 days ago.

If it's related... I dunno... just a thought though.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-17 20:47:18

The player "semi-hides" the scroll bar......help would really be appreciated :)

"A man has nothing to fear, but fear itself...."

--Roosevelt

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-18 12:42:46

At 3/17/15 08:47 PM, nomosubu wrote: The player "semi-hides" the scroll bar......help would really be appreciated :)

Try setting your zoom back to 100%.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 15:18:48

At 3/18/15 06:56 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track (like what weeks it was most popular, what days it was most popular) but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is that feature gone completely?

You must be confused with SoundCloud or Bandcamp, because such a feature hasn't been used here as far as I know.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 15:55:25

When I'm trying to set the "Range" filter to Today, Yesterday, Week, or Month, during the "Showing" filter is set as Un-scouted Artists, it loads nothing. Not sure if this is a bug, but why it happens?
(sorry for bad explaining skills :p)

My melodic dubstep track, give it a listen :3 http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/614772

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 16:10:35

At 3/24/15 03:55 PM, Voofex wrote: When I'm trying to set the "Range" filter to Today, Yesterday, Week, or Month, during the "Showing" filter is set as Un-scouted Artists, it loads nothing. Not sure if this is a bug, but why it happens?
(sorry for bad explaining skills :p)

I don't think that's a bug. It just means that, in at least the last month, not a single song was uploaded by unscouted artists. Either points out that a lot of people were scouted in the past month, or that a lot of unscouted artists became desperate and stopped submitting.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 20:06:28

At 3/18/15 06:56 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track

That might have been something that went away in the redesign. I think I've seen posts in this thread about that.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-28 14:58:30

Hi folks,

i tried replacing an audio file but it won't stick for some reason. It is essentially the same song just better mixed. It uploads, but when i press submit nothing has changed. Any ideas?

cheers

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-29 04:19:03

At 3/28/15 02:58 PM, Flammazine wrote: Hi folks,

i tried replacing an audio file but it won't stick for some reason. It is essentially the same song just better mixed. It uploads, but when i press submit nothing has changed. Any ideas?

cheers

clear your cache

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-29 09:40:11

At 3/29/15 04:19 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 3/28/15 02:58 PM, Flammazine wrote: Hi folks,

cheers
clear your cache

thanks man very effective

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-04-05 07:51:11

Under the "Voice" category, there is now "Voice Acting - A Capella", but selecting that genre before publishing audio doesn't work.

This piece here is meant to be under said genre, but the project manager refuses to publish my work if I select Voice Acting - A Capella. I've had to put it to the second closest genre there is, i.e. Easy Listening - Classical, which really isn't accurate.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-05-04 01:53:50

Submissions with their download disabled still can be downloaded via 'Download song as WAV' context menu in the player.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-26 18:30:15

Not really sure what happened here but I'm slightly amused.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 16:13:15

@BrenTheMan

On mobile, regardless of what OS I'm on (I've tried this on both Android and Windows), opening a playlist does not play the tracks in that particular playlist. It instead plays this one particular MIDI file, I don't know who owns it, but it's there, and it's annoying...

This applies for any playlist by any user, too.