Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-18 12:42:46 Reply

At 3/17/15 08:47 PM, nomosubu wrote: The player "semi-hides" the scroll bar......help would really be appreciated :)

Try setting your zoom back to 100%.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Keitomine
Keitomine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-18 18:56:43 Reply

I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track (like what weeks it was most popular, what days it was most popular) but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is that feature gone completely?

The Cloud

When you're lost, Trance will find you.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 15:18:48 Reply

At 3/18/15 06:56 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track (like what weeks it was most popular, what days it was most popular) but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is that feature gone completely?

You must be confused with SoundCloud or Bandcamp, because such a feature hasn't been used here as far as I know.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Voofex
Voofex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 15:55:25 Reply

When I'm trying to set the "Range" filter to Today, Yesterday, Week, or Month, during the "Showing" filter is set as Un-scouted Artists, it loads nothing. Not sure if this is a bug, but why it happens?
(sorry for bad explaining skills :p)

My melodic dubstep track, give it a listen :3 http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/614772

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 16:10:35 Reply

At 3/24/15 03:55 PM, Voofex wrote: When I'm trying to set the "Range" filter to Today, Yesterday, Week, or Month, during the "Showing" filter is set as Un-scouted Artists, it loads nothing. Not sure if this is a bug, but why it happens?
(sorry for bad explaining skills :p)

I don't think that's a bug. It just means that, in at least the last month, not a single song was uploaded by unscouted artists. Either points out that a lot of people were scouted in the past month, or that a lot of unscouted artists became desperate and stopped submitting.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Keitomine
Keitomine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 18:01:16 Reply

At 3/24/15 03:18 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/18/15 06:56 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track (like what weeks it was most popular, what days it was most popular) but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is that feature gone completely?
You must be confused with SoundCloud or Bandcamp, because such a feature hasn't been used here as far as I know.

Nah I'm pretty sure it has, but I think it only had something to do with revenue sharing.

The Cloud

When you're lost, Trance will find you.

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-24 20:06:28 Reply

At 3/18/15 06:56 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember there being a way to track popularity of your track

That might have been something that went away in the redesign. I think I've seen posts in this thread about that.

I manage NG's servers (and other stuff).
Need to change your username, delete your account, or something else? Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) wiki page..

BBS Signature
Flammazine
Flammazine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-28 14:58:30 Reply

Hi folks,

i tried replacing an audio file but it won't stick for some reason. It is essentially the same song just better mixed. It uploads, but when i press submit nothing has changed. Any ideas?

cheers

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-29 04:19:03 Reply

At 3/28/15 02:58 PM, Flammazine wrote: Hi folks,

i tried replacing an audio file but it won't stick for some reason. It is essentially the same song just better mixed. It uploads, but when i press submit nothing has changed. Any ideas?

cheers

clear your cache

Flammazine
Flammazine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-03-29 09:40:11 Reply

At 3/29/15 04:19 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 3/28/15 02:58 PM, Flammazine wrote: Hi folks,

cheers
clear your cache

thanks man very effective

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-04-05 07:51:11 Reply

Under the "Voice" category, there is now "Voice Acting - A Capella", but selecting that genre before publishing audio doesn't work.

This piece here is meant to be under said genre, but the project manager refuses to publish my work if I select Voice Acting - A Capella. I've had to put it to the second closest genre there is, i.e. Easy Listening - Classical, which really isn't accurate.

Noisysundae
Noisysundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2015-05-04 01:53:50 Reply

Submissions with their download disabled still can be downloaded via 'Download song as WAV' context menu in the player.

JK-FlipFlop
JK-FlipFlop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-24 15:11:05 Reply

I can't preview loops before publishing. It just won't play. It would be nice to see if the song loops properly before submitting to public. Anyone else having this problem?

Google Chrome on Windows 10, if that helps/has anything to do with it.

Gragon73
Gragon73
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-26 18:30:15 Reply

Not really sure what happened here but I'm slightly amused.

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

"art is decorating space
music is decorating time"
~ Rennh

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 16:13:15 Reply

@BrenTheMan

On mobile, regardless of what OS I'm on (I've tried this on both Android and Windows), opening a playlist does not play the tracks in that particular playlist. It instead plays this one particular MIDI file, I don't know who owns it, but it's there, and it's annoying...

This applies for any playlist by any user, too.

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 16:37:39 Reply

At 1/24/16 03:11 PM, constromlie wrote: I can't preview loops before publishing.

I believe this is a known bug due to some other player changes we made. We're probably going to replace the current player this year so this bug won't get fixed unfortunately.

At 1/26/16 06:30 PM, Gragon73 wrote: Not really sure what happened here but I'm slightly amused.

He probably updated it and the times hadn't all updated yet due to caching (or something else happened). Looks like it matches now.

At 1/28/16 04:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: On mobile

That's a really weird bug. We don't officially support mobile so of course you'll see weird stuff like this in various areas of the site. This will probably get taken care of once we get a mobile site which will probably happen sometime in the next decade or two.

Need to change your username, delete your account, or something else? Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) wiki page..

BBS Signature
Gragon73
Gragon73
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 17:21:49 Reply

At 1/28/16 04:37 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 1/26/16 06:30 PM, Gragon73 wrote: Not really sure what happened here but I'm slightly amused.
He probably updated it and the times hadn't all updated yet due to caching (or something else happened). Looks like it matches now.

Helix hasn't been on NG in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I don't think.
Not that it's anything that really needs fixing, just amusing.

"art is decorating space
~ Rennh

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 17:30:07 Reply

At 1/28/16 05:21 PM, Gragon73 wrote: Not that it's anything that really needs fixing, just amusing.

I must have been looking at the wrong submission. Dunno what happened there, but you seem easily amused.

BBS Signature
Gragon73
Gragon73
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-28 19:19:01 Reply

At 1/28/16 05:30 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: you seem easily amused.

Amused being in the mild sense of the term, but you're still correct. :P

"art is decorating space
~ Rennh

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-01-29 19:36:53 Reply

At 1/28/16 04:37 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 1/28/16 04:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: On mobile
That's a really weird bug.

We confirmed this bug today. Just letting you know that it won't get fixed until we replace the current audio player some time this year.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-02-18 11:48:57 Reply

@TomFulp
@liljim
@BrenTheMan

All unpublished music, although inaccessible, is still visible on users' profiles!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-02-18 12:10:21 Reply

At 2/18/16 11:48 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: @TomFulp
@liljim
@BrenTheMan

All unpublished music, although inaccessible, is still visible on users' profiles!

Thanks for the heads up - noticed this earlier and we're looking into it!

This is the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-03-02 12:21:46 Reply

@TomFulp @liljim @BrenTheMan

I remember @larrynachos says he cannot unfan people he had favourited. Now I don't know if I personally have this problem, but I do have others. Note that all these problems take place on Chrome, and not Internet Explorer.

1) Modding has now become an impossibility for me because any action I take is meant to be followed by a refresh of the page, followed by the action having taken its course. Trouble is, after the pop-up appears saying "Are you sure you want to _______?" and I say yes, nothing happens.

2) I cannot favourite songs. No matter how many times I hit the heart icon, nothing happens. I presume that problem also extends to favouriting users.

3) I cannot post forum replies. Hitting the Post button does nothing.

I cannot help but think that the problem larrynachos and I have is one and the same. Help please?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-03-02 12:30:14 Reply

At 3/2/16 12:21 PM, Troisnyx wrote: @TomFulp @liljim @BrenTheMan

I remember @larrynachos says he cannot unfan people he had favourited. Now I don't know if I personally have this problem, but I do have others. Note that all these problems take place on Chrome, and not Internet Explorer.

All of these problems are related to the latest Adblock update, which broke the AJAX on NG. The next update will hopefully fix it, not sure if that rolls out nightly or what... Until then, you need to disable Adblock on NG in order to do anything :(

This is the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 13:44:43 Reply

@BrenTheMan Help. I'm unable to change my best song of the year, again. I don't quite understand what's going wrong.

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 15:24:48 Reply

At 4/17/16 01:44 PM, Troisnyx wrote: @BrenTheMan Help. I'm unable to change my best song of the year, again. I don't quite understand what's going wrong.

No clue. @liljim might have an idea.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 16:42:54 Reply

At 4/17/16 03:24 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 4/17/16 01:44 PM, Troisnyx wrote: @BrenTheMan Help. I'm unable to change my best song of the year, again. I don't quite understand what's going wrong.

I have no idea either. I am able to change my "best of" without issue.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 16:46:08 Reply

At 4/17/16 04:42 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/17/16 03:24 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
I have no idea either. I am able to change my "best of" without issue.

Switching a browser, signing out and back in again, none of these seem to help. I don't know if anyone's had this trouble besides me, but it's likely just me.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 16:58:27 Reply

At 4/17/16 04:46 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Switching a browser, signing out and back in again, none of these seem to help. I don't know if anyone's had this trouble besides me, but it's likely just me.

Probably not, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to help without some rudimentary information. What browser, what OS etc would be a start. Or even telling us what you're trying to do, what you're expecting to happen. I don't even know whether the options come up for you when you click the edit link, or whether they do come up but selecting an option does nothing. "Doesn't work" helps neither of us basically.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2016-04-17 17:05:32 Reply

At 4/17/16 04:58 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/17/16 04:46 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Switching a browser, signing out and back in again, none of these seem to help. I don't know if anyone's had this trouble besides me, but it's likely just me.
Probably not, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to help without some rudimentary information. What browser, what OS etc would be a start. Or even telling us what you're trying to do, what you're expecting to happen. I don't even know whether the options come up for you when you click the edit link, or whether they do come up but selecting an option does nothing. "Doesn't work" helps neither of us basically.

To sum up the problem:

I run Windows 10.
The two browsers I have are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome; both don't work when I try to change the 'Best of'.

Incidentally, I tried this on mobile (I run a Windows phone, which runs on 8.1) and I have two browsers on that -- IE and Opera -- and it doesn't work either.

The options do come up as normal and when I click on the new song title to mark as 'Best of' it acts like it's been recognised, but when the page refreshes, there's absolutely no change.