New Topic Respond to this Topic
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 8 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Any help? :\

Are you sure you have the correct version?
You could try removing the Flash player completely and then reinstalling the latest version.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:27 AM Reply

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I don't think any lists in the Audio Portal have been updated, and usually they update every Wednesday.

How exactly do those lists work anyway?

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Metaljonus
Metaljonus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM Reply

How would we know when we get reviews? Would that be implemented into the Notification button on the top? or rid of altogether? Thanks.

-Jon

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At 11 hours ago, XsakuX wrote:
At 1 day ago, mike wrote: If you're having trouble uploading audio because the uploader won't accept your MP3 file, could you please uplaod it to dump and PM me a link? Thanks!
hey man i just tried to upload my song to the dump, and got this "ERROR âEU" Please select a file to upload."

anyone? :[

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:17 AM Reply

At 9 hours ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Are you sure you have the correct version?
You could try removing the Flash player completely and then reinstalling the latest version.

Yes, I updated to the version that I was linked to from the song's page.

At 9 hours ago, jpbear wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

clear cache? Are you using chrome?

I tried installing and then clearing the cache, and I may as well try that again, but it didn't work last time. I'm on Firefox right now.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 09:06 AM Reply

yeah I have the same problem with flash not working on my laptop - even though it works fine on my pc at work and they both use firefox - google chrome plays it fine tho..

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
NordicHazard
NordicHazard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

hi all,

don't know why but my last submission first work and than stopped playing, it doesn't work anymore. I tried to reupload it but the problem came back again.
here's the link:

• Ocean of Tears
    Ocean of Tears by NordicHazard

sad theme

Score
    2.83 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 09:23 AM Reply

i can't delete some songs or edit them by uploading a new track or change the genre selection. also, all of my old cd "covers" are no longer there...

HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature
mike
mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

If you are having trouble uploading an MP3, could you e-mail it to me at mike@newgrounds.com?

Adobe unfortunately dropped support for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), so if you're using an older Mac, you unfortunately can't update to Flash Player 11. :( The audio portal is designed to fallback with an HTML5 audio tag in this case, but this doesn't work in Firefox -- it can't play MP3 files due to licensing issues.

I'm going to put a Flash Player 10 compatible fallback in the very near future, but in the meantime you can try using a different browser, like Safari or Chrome.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, mike wrote: If you are having trouble uploading an MP3, could you e-mail it to me at mike@newgrounds.com?

Ive been telling everyone who posts that problem to email you a link. Hopefuly you will get some.

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

Under "Share Alike" in the CCL, it says image. THIS IS NOT TEH ART PORTAL!

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
mike
mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

I just threw a fix up for the MP3 uploads -- if you were having trouble uploading MP3s before, try now and see if it works. If you're still having problems, please let me know!

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 50 minutes ago, mike wrote: I just threw a fix up for the MP3 uploads -- if you were having trouble uploading MP3s before, try now and see if it works. If you're still having problems, please let me know!

Thanks Mike! So what was the problem, if I may ask?

LordHoly
LordHoly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 2 weeks ago, LordHoly wrote: Sometimes the Audio falters when scolling many pictures in another TAB oder firefox window. With the old audio I had not this problem.

Nobody else with that problem?
I think the old audio player on newgrounds was much better! The old one didn't falter and rattle.
I am using Windows XP (32 Bit) and the newest flash player (deleted the old one and installed the new one).

Often, the sound rattles when you are in another windows (of your browser) or another tab.
Yep, the old audio player was better. Never change a running system....

There should be a function to switch between the new and the old audio player.

varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

I've noticed that when I try to change my display name to show my first and last name, or just my first name, neither shows. The option remains selected after I save my settings, however on my submissions my name does not show in my author information.

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 50 minutes ago, varrin7 wrote: I've noticed that when I try to change my display name to show my first and last name, or just my first name, neither shows. The option remains selected after I save my settings, however on my submissions my name does not show in my author information.

I have this problem as well.

B3nSutton
B3nSutton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

I'm on Linux Mint 11 64bit using Firefox 10.0.2

Extremely reactive.

Ecke
Ecke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

I don't think an option to remove audio is too much to ask for.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.
/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 45 seconds ago, Ecke wrote: I don't think an option to remove audio is too much to ask for.

It'll come when more pressing matters are resolved.

At 4 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

I'm on Linux Mint 11 64bit using Firefox 10.0.2

Known glitch. It personally only happens to me when I'm doing stuff in other tabs or loading new pages.

I don't know if the staff's planning on fixing it or not.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54

BBS Signature
NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Hey!
I have a bug where my project wouldn't publish properly for a while, but after randomly trying over and over it eventually published.

HOWEVER,

The page of the audio track now only loads about 50% of the time the URL is entered. You'll get an error page, but keep refreshing and it eventually works properly. Very mysterious! This happens on my most recently uploaded track, which you can check the bug on.

This bug is confirmed by others checking out that particular track in another thread.

mike
mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Hey Nick, could you post a link to that particular page? Thanks!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 19 minutes ago, mike wrote: Hey Nick, could you post a link to that particular page? Thanks!

This is the one Nick meant. Althought the problem now seems to be gone.

• Windswept (Full Version)
    Windswept (Full Version) by NickPerrin

Cinematic symphonic piece, longer version of NAC2012 contest entry

Score
    4.74 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 41 minutes ago, NickPerrin wrote: Hey!
I have a bug where my project wouldn't publish properly for a while, but after randomly trying over and over it eventually published.

HOWEVER,

The page of the audio track now only loads about 50% of the time the URL is entered. You'll get an error page, but keep refreshing and it eventually works properly. Very mysterious! This happens on my most recently uploaded track, which you can check the bug on.

This bug is confirmed by others checking out that particular track in another thread.

I had this happen to me... sort of... as well. When uploading my latest track, I went through "Audio -> Submit Yours! -> Picked the song MP3, entered all the usual info -> Preview -> Publish -> Error page saying the page could not be found."

However, I went to my profile after getting the error page and the song was there anyways, and I haven't had any problems playing it back.

Not sure if you can figure anything out about it now, seeing as it was just a little burp in the system it seems, but in case there's some coding behind the submission or something that helps, this is the song I got the error page on:

• -Angel Fall-
    -Angel Fall- by Back-From-Purgatory

Trance, rock/metal hybrid... first of possibly more.

Score
    4.06 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

As a note, I've submitted 2 or 3 songs since the redesign, and this is the only one that gave me the error page.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
mike
mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Thanks for the report! I've added it to our bug DB, and we'll look into it.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, mike wrote: Thanks for the report! I've added it to our bug DB, and we'll look into it.

It seems it happens for all audio now. And the visualizer wont work. Hmmm, i wonder what could have caused this. This big just popped up today.

xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 06:40 PM Reply

This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/reviews/472740

Probably not that important, but hey.

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 42 minutes ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

I think it's because you can flip through all the pages of reviews without going to a separate page anymore.

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 29 minutes ago, krssvr wrote:
At 42 minutes ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

I think it's because you can flip through all the pages of reviews without going to a separate page anymore.

Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up. But another thing... how do I know who has favourited my submission? The favourites link doesn't seem to work anymore:

http://www.newgrounds.com/account/bookmarked/audio/472557

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 12:30 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up. But another thing... how do I know who has favourited my submission? The favourites link doesn't seem to work anymore:

http://www.newgrounds.com/account/bookmarked/audio/472557

The audio edit page isn't actually an "official" page (that's why it looks a bit messy, there are totally random smileys on the left of each submission, etc...).

So yeah, some of the links there don't actually work. The staff definitely know about it and are in the process of fixing it, along with making notifications which tell you when you get a new review so you won't even need that page any more.

BBS Signature
mike
mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Psycho-Goldfish put a quick fix in for the errors you were getting when submitting some audio. Let me know if you still have trouble!