00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

25,124 Views | 140 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-03 17:56:41

I was looking at audio links in the forum and noticed that songs had much lower view counts than on the song page. See picture below...says 124, but really the submission has 556.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-04 19:08:47

At 1 day ago, Knoxius wrote: I was looking at audio links in the forum and noticed that songs had much lower view counts than on the song page. See picture below...says 124, but really the submission has 556.

Same thing with featured content (song pictured)

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-04 21:26:05

At 9 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

So you mean it kinda lags for a few seconds and it sounds like your computer froze? Yeah, that's very annoying.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-06 23:36:13

At 4 days ago, mike wrote: For those getting the skipping glitches, what OS/browser are you using?

The player manually feeds the audio buffer (this lets it do some fancier things like the gapless looping and other sound processing), but it does use a bit more CPU and it could skip if your PC is very busy. And Flash tends to chug badly on Linux, which is probably the issue. I'll try to add a simpler playback option to fix this!

I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-08 04:18:48

At 1 day ago, Jhos23 wrote: I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.

Hey Jhos, if you click the audio player, an option panel comes up where you can toggle off the visualizations. Does this help it run better?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-14 07:57:53

At 6 days ago, mike wrote:
At 1 day ago, Jhos23 wrote: I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.
Hey Jhos, if you click the audio player, an option panel comes up where you can toggle off the visualizations. Does this help it run better?

Turning the visualizations off works for me, but my pc is not slow, it has a quad core running at 3.7GHz, linux, firefox and the latest flash, also the old audio player worked fine for me, maybe it's because I have upgraded flash since then. Though as I said turning the visualizations off helps.

Extremely reactive.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-17 20:52:32

Tha fuck? Since when did song titles get cut off like this? Not only here, but on the song pages too. It looks stupid as fuck now. Excuse the self-link but I'm doing it to check if it gets cut off in the forum too.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-17 20:54:06

sure enough..

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-20 12:09:24

Also names show up wrong. I have set it to show my full name, not my username.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-20 15:43:35

At 3 hours ago, LaForge wrote: i was attempting to add contributors to one of my projects and found this nasty little bug:

brilliant

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-21 12:12:58

I'm trying to upload a new track but the preview/submit button won't work. I'd tried 3 different browsers :( wat do??

Sex.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-22 07:51:27

Alright. Some of the issues I have seem to have been addressed already. (Clear cache needs to be scripted into the AP maybe?)

But I have a much more annoying bug. Sometimes it pauses for about 2~6 seconds and freezes my computer. My guess is a syntax or maybe a load issue? Maybe it is tied to the visualizers? I have this error much more often when I am using my PoS cricket mobile 3G connection on my laptop.

Also it would be nice if we could change the name of the song for now until you guys have a small drop down menu for the % of a WIP completed. Just so people know a track is unfinished.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-24 03:05:30

I'm currently unable to upload audio. I've created a Project, and all of the details save, but when I go to upload audio I select the file and the blank progress bar appears but after that nothing happens. I've tried this in several browsers, cleared cache, still no luck. Anyone have a clue about what's up?

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-24 03:09:49

At 3 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: I'm currently unable to upload audio. I've created a Project, and all of the details save, but when I go to upload audio I select the file and the blank progress bar appears but after that nothing happens. I've tried this in several browsers, cleared cache, still no luck. Anyone have a clue about what's up?

Ditto. How are other people submitting their audio? Wait, are they submitting it at all? #urgent :S

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-24 06:12:11

At 1 day ago, guilmonx wrote: But I have a much more annoying bug. Sometimes it pauses for about 2~6 seconds and freezes my computer. My guess is a syntax or maybe a load issue? Maybe it is tied to the visualizers? I have this error much more often when I am using my PoS cricket mobile 3G connection on my laptop.

I get a lot of audio glitches too but I figured it was my soundcard acting up?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-25 08:01:18

Uploaded a new song 2 days ago. This morning I made an edit which cuts the song down to 2:38, and uploaded that. I expected the new version to overwrite the original on the page, but the original version is still there. I'm convinced my new version was successfully uploaded as in the file info, it is 2 minutes 38 seconds.

You can hopefully see what I mean http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477715

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-25 08:45:39

At 3/25/12 08:01 AM, SamHandwiches wrote: Uploaded a new song 2 days ago. This morning I made an edit which cuts the song down to 2:38, and uploaded that. I expected the new version to overwrite the original on the page, but the original version is still there. I'm convinced my new version was successfully uploaded as in the file info, it is 2 minutes 38 seconds.

You can hopefully see what I mean http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477715

Woah...okay. Either someone just fixed this really quick, or there's just a delay before the file updates. Anyway, never mind, this ain't a problem.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-10 21:19:44

Hello,
I am having issues with the Audio Portal.

One of the most annoying ones is the player sometimes freezing up and playing a small portion of the audio repeatedly (and my computer is fast, it was designed to run video editing programs without shuttering of the images. This happens when I have a lot of processes running that eat up my CPU usage. This issue did not happen before the redesign.

Anyway, it's not my main concern.
I have worked on an audio collab project recently and have been added as Manager in the project so I could respond to reviews. On the members page it says that it should let me respond to reviews. However, I can't find the reply button anywhere! Added a picture so you could see. Here's the link to the submission, if it can help:

Thanks in advance. Hopefuly this can get fixed so I can start responding to reviews :)

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-10 21:40:45

At 7/10/12 09:19 PM, lemon42 wrote: Hello,
I am having issues with the Audio Portal.

One of the most annoying ones is the player sometimes freezing up and playing a small portion of the audio repeatedly (and my computer is fast, it was designed to run video editing programs without shuttering of the images. This happens when I have a lot of processes running that eat up my CPU usage. This issue did not happen before the redesign.

Not-a-bug.

I suggest you to turn off the visualization, or get a more powerful PC (not a suggestion, lol). Visualization in ActionScript3 is a big fail. Flash, alone is a CPU grosser.

At 7/10/12 09:19 PM, lemon42 wrote: Thanks in advance. Hopefuly this can get fixed so I can start responding to reviews :)

It's not a bug. It's just a 'lesser feature' (that I am going to complain on the other post anyway.)

Only the Owner (look at your pic, first guy) can reply. Not you, sorry.

Again, it's not a bug.

no room for 2nd class, durp!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-10 21:45:20

At 7/10/12 09:40 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Not-a-bug.

Fuck, whatever!

Blame 3rd party app-developer Adobe for designing an inefficiency good-looking piece-of-shit API called Flash. Not Newgrounds.

The glitch is not NG faults. Perhaps it's time for NG to try out HTML5 and WebGL.

Foods for thought...

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-12 05:28:19

At 7/10/12 09:40 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: I suggest you to turn off the visualization, or get a more powerful PC (not a suggestion, lol). Visualization in ActionScript3 is a big fail. Flash, alone is a CPU grosser.

Maybe but having a 6-core 3.5Ghz processor I don't think it should ever happen. It is a big fail performance-wise.

It's not a bug. It's just a 'lesser feature' (that I am going to complain on the other post anyway.)
Only the Owner (look at your pic, first guy) can reply. Not you, sorry.
Again, it's not a bug.

Well if it is not a bug, then why does it say on the page that Managers can reply to reviews? Can I get some clarification from Staff on this? Thanks!

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-12 10:32:37

At 7/12/12 05:28 AM, lemon42 wrote: Well if it is not a bug, then why does it say on the page that Managers can reply to reviews? Can I get some clarification from Staff on this? Thanks!

There are a bunch of stuff that suppose and intent to be there but not there-yet. Such as the delete function, achievements, fully viewing music stats (numbers of review per song, old function) and this. Well someone already talked about it on the Sequenced's thread so I'm not going to repeat it.

I suggest you not-to annoy the staffs and be patient. Those stuff are all TBA.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-12 15:14:24

At 7/12/12 10:32 AM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: There are a bunch of stuff that suppose and intent to be there but not there-yet. Such as the delete function, achievements, fully viewing music stats (numbers of review per song, old function) and this. Well someone already talked about it on the Sequenced's thread so I'm not going to repeat it.

I suggest you not-to annoy the staffs and be patient. Those stuff are all TBA.

If you had said that from the beginning I probably wouldn't have replied again with that message :P
Oh well, I guess I'll wait then. Thanks for clarifying :)

(And yeah, I have been on the portal from a long time (I just created a new account), so yeah. Missing that Audio overview feature :3)

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-13 17:13:41

Got a couple (new?) bugs to report (Infos: Using the latest Google Chrome on Windows vista 64bit):

First:
I am unable to delete newsposts, I have tried to across both my main account and alt account, neither is able to. It brings up the dialog to confirm I really want to do it, I hit yes, it reloads the page, then I scroll down to find the newspost is still there. I've tried multiple times over the last month or so, and am still unable to delete any newsposts. I can also confirm that I am not the only one with this issue.

Second:
I keep getting some strange error message, it used to only happen when I was trying to log out of my alt account (Oddly enough it doesn't happen when I log out of this account). However, now I'm also getting it randomly on the site while browsing as well.

It doesn't seem to really do anything, although it did prevent me from logging out of my alt account a couple times, as it would give me this error, then refuse to log me out. However, it hasn't given me any such trouble when it just pops up randomly.

Screenshot:

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 15:54:48

At 7/13/12 05:13 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Got a couple (new?) bugs to report (Infos: Using the latest Google Chrome on Windows vista 64bit):

Check the address bar - you're not on https, are you?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 15:58:35

At 7/15/12 03:54 PM, liljim wrote:
At 7/13/12 05:13 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Got a couple (new?) bugs to report (Infos: Using the latest Google Chrome on Windows vista 64bit):
Check the address bar - you're not on https, are you?

Not as far as I'm aware, but it's kinda hard to tell because my browser doesn't seem to show the http:// section of the URLs... Although the next time I get this error, I'll try find out.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 16:06:31

At 7/15/12 03:58 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Not as far as I'm aware, but it's kinda hard to tell because my browser doesn't seem to show the http:// section of the URLs... Although the next time I get this error, I'll try find out.

It won't unless you're on some other protocol than http.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 16:18:55

At 7/15/12 04:06 PM, liljim wrote:
At 7/15/12 03:58 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Not as far as I'm aware, but it's kinda hard to tell because my browser doesn't seem to show the http:// section of the URLs... Although the next time I get this error, I'll try find out.
It won't unless you're on some other protocol than http.

Oh, ok then, then no, I'm not on https... I've seen other websites pop up like that in the past, but as far as I'm aware, I've never been on newgrounds with https in the URL.

Actually, it always seems to happen when I'm trying to log out of my alt account... so I'll try that, and post back here with the results.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 18:33:29

I've tried the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE with the latest Adobe Flash and Clear Cache on all 3 browsers. I've been trying to upload a simple audio file for days now. 8.6mb 192... Could it be my computer/internet provider since uploading my files to Noisetrade isn't working as well.
To explain what happens: I can save, upload artwork, and edit information easily! However when I upload an audio file the bar goes all the way up to 100% and just freezes there for HOURS. So after like 3 hours I hit submit and it's still asking me for an audio file...
Idk what to do... Help

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-07-15 18:35:55

At 7/15/12 06:33 PM, JagerMiester9000 wrote: I've tried the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE with the latest Adobe Flash and Clear Cache on all 3 browsers. I've been trying to upload a simple audio file for days now. 8.6mb 192... Could it be my computer/internet provider since uploading my files to Noisetrade isn't working as well.
To explain what happens: I can save, upload artwork, and edit information easily! However when I upload an audio file the bar goes all the way up to 100% and just freezes there for HOURS. So after like 3 hours I hit submit and it's still asking me for an audio file...
Idk what to do... Help

NG's uploader has always been a bit faulty. If you desperately want a file uploaded you can always add a friend to the project as a manager via the project system, ask him to upload it for you and then remove him from the project when he's done.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature