Be a Supporter!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

  • 9,850 Views
  • 118 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
B3nSutton
B3nSutton
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 1st, 2012 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 4 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

I'm on Linux Mint 11 64bit using Firefox 10.0.2
Known glitch. It personally only happens to me when I'm doing stuff in other tabs or loading new pages.

I don't know if the staff's planning on fixing it or not.

For me it does this almost constantly, so much that the audio portal is unusable for me :( (I can still download songs, but I don't want to download songs before listening to them..)


Extremely reactive.

B3nSutton
B3nSutton
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 1st, 2012 @ 07:10 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, B3nSutton wrote:
At 4 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

I'm on Linux Mint 11 64bit using Firefox 10.0.2
Known glitch. It personally only happens to me when I'm doing stuff in other tabs or loading new pages.

I don't know if the staff's planning on fixing it or not.
For me it does this almost constantly, so much that the audio portal is unusable for me :( (I can still download songs, but I don't want to download songs before listening to them..)

Ah, wait I see what you mean now when you say "doing stuff in other tabs" you mean having a second NG tab open.. If there is only one open it seems to work, though this is a huge inconvenience -_-.

Btw it makes the same glitch when right clicking on the audio player, not that that's a problem for me.


Extremely reactive.

varrin7
varrin7
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 1st, 2012 @ 08:30 AM Reply

Anyone else having a problem playing their own submissions? Usually I can play mine once, which is after I've submitted it and have been taken to the page automatically, the song plays. However, when I try to go to the page again later, or if I go back to a different song, the song will not play, no matter how furiously I click the play button. It would seem that it is impervious to my rage.


===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
mike
mike
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:21 PM Reply

For those getting the skipping glitches, what OS/browser are you using?

The player manually feeds the audio buffer (this lets it do some fancier things like the gapless looping and other sound processing), but it does use a bit more CPU and it could skip if your PC is very busy. And Flash tends to chug badly on Linux, which is probably the issue. I'll try to add a simpler playback option to fix this!

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

Chrome 17 here. I thought it would happen less with Chrome since Chrome creates a process for each tab, but I still get the skipping when I'm doing stuff on other tabs. I'm on Windows 7 x64 too, by the way.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Everything was working fine today... Until I saw this.

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

I was looking at audio links in the forum and noticed that songs had much lower view counts than on the song page. See picture below...says 124, but really the submission has 556.

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Knoxius wrote: I was looking at audio links in the forum and noticed that songs had much lower view counts than on the song page. See picture below...says 124, but really the submission has 556.

Same thing with featured content (song pictured)

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

k6ka
k6ka
  • Member since: May. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 9 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

So you mean it kinda lags for a few seconds and it sounds like your computer froze? Yeah, that's very annoying.

Jhos23
Jhos23
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 4 days ago, mike wrote: For those getting the skipping glitches, what OS/browser are you using?

The player manually feeds the audio buffer (this lets it do some fancier things like the gapless looping and other sound processing), but it does use a bit more CPU and it could skip if your PC is very busy. And Flash tends to chug badly on Linux, which is probably the issue. I'll try to add a simpler playback option to fix this!

I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.

mike
mike
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, Jhos23 wrote: I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.

Hey Jhos, if you click the audio player, an option panel comes up where you can toggle off the visualizations. Does this help it run better?

B3nSutton
B3nSutton
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 07:57 AM Reply

At 6 days ago, mike wrote:
At 1 day ago, Jhos23 wrote: I am on an HP mini netbook (I know. I'm poor). It has Win 7 Starter and an Intel Atom (1.66 GHZ). I am using chrome 17. it runs very slowly, but I guarantee you it can run audio in flash 11 without the visualizations (they are choppy anyway). if you could just add an option to stop or collapse the visualization (without stopping the music or progress bar) I would be so happy I'd have no choice but to dance on my rooftop aimlessly flinging Kumquats.
Hey Jhos, if you click the audio player, an option panel comes up where you can toggle off the visualizations. Does this help it run better?

Turning the visualizations off works for me, but my pc is not slow, it has a quad core running at 3.7GHz, linux, firefox and the latest flash, also the old audio player worked fine for me, maybe it's because I have upgraded flash since then. Though as I said turning the visualizations off helps.


Extremely reactive.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Tha fuck? Since when did song titles get cut off like this? Not only here, but on the song pages too. It looks stupid as fuck now. Excuse the self-link but I'm doing it to check if it gets cut off in the forum too.

  • Endless Day of Grass Fiel
    Endless Day of Grass Fiel by SBB

    Music for lying down in grass fields.

    Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
    4,731 Views

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

sure enough..

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

Also names show up wrong. I have set it to show my full name, not my username.

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, LaForge wrote: i was attempting to add contributors to one of my projects and found this nasty little bug:

brilliant

bananasrus09
bananasrus09
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

I'm trying to upload a new track but the preview/submit button won't work. I'd tried 3 different browsers :( wat do??


Sex.

hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Member since: May. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 8 hours ago, bananasrus09 wrote: I'm trying to upload a new track but the preview/submit button won't work. I'd tried 3 different browsers :( wat do??

same thing here...the preview button doesn't do anything...thanks for killing the audio portal with this new design


HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature
guilmonx
guilmonx
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:51 AM Reply

Alright. Some of the issues I have seem to have been addressed already. (Clear cache needs to be scripted into the AP maybe?)

But I have a much more annoying bug. Sometimes it pauses for about 2~6 seconds and freezes my computer. My guess is a syntax or maybe a load issue? Maybe it is tied to the visualizers? I have this error much more often when I am using my PoS cricket mobile 3G connection on my laptop.

Also it would be nice if we could change the name of the song for now until you guys have a small drop down menu for the % of a WIP completed. Just so people know a track is unfinished.

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM Reply

I'm currently unable to upload audio. I've created a Project, and all of the details save, but when I go to upload audio I select the file and the blank progress bar appears but after that nothing happens. I've tried this in several browsers, cleared cache, still no luck. Anyone have a clue about what's up?


BBS Signature
xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: I'm currently unable to upload audio. I've created a Project, and all of the details save, but when I go to upload audio I select the file and the blank progress bar appears but after that nothing happens. I've tried this in several browsers, cleared cache, still no luck. Anyone have a clue about what's up?

Ditto. How are other people submitting their audio? Wait, are they submitting it at all? #urgent :S


BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:12 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, guilmonx wrote: But I have a much more annoying bug. Sometimes it pauses for about 2~6 seconds and freezes my computer. My guess is a syntax or maybe a load issue? Maybe it is tied to the visualizers? I have this error much more often when I am using my PoS cricket mobile 3G connection on my laptop.

I get a lot of audio glitches too but I figured it was my soundcard acting up?

SamHandwiches
SamHandwiches
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 08:01 AM Reply

Uploaded a new song 2 days ago. This morning I made an edit which cuts the song down to 2:38, and uploaded that. I expected the new version to overwrite the original on the page, but the original version is still there. I'm convinced my new version was successfully uploaded as in the file info, it is 2 minutes 38 seconds.

You can hopefully see what I mean http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477715

SamHandwiches
SamHandwiches
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 3/25/12 08:01 AM, SamHandwiches wrote: Uploaded a new song 2 days ago. This morning I made an edit which cuts the song down to 2:38, and uploaded that. I expected the new version to overwrite the original on the page, but the original version is still there. I'm convinced my new version was successfully uploaded as in the file info, it is 2 minutes 38 seconds.

You can hopefully see what I mean http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477715

Woah...okay. Either someone just fixed this really quick, or there's just a delay before the file updates. Anyway, never mind, this ain't a problem.

lemon42
lemon42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Hello,
I am having issues with the Audio Portal.

One of the most annoying ones is the player sometimes freezing up and playing a small portion of the audio repeatedly (and my computer is fast, it was designed to run video editing programs without shuttering of the images. This happens when I have a lot of processes running that eat up my CPU usage. This issue did not happen before the redesign.

Anyway, it's not my main concern.
I have worked on an audio collab project recently and have been added as Manager in the project so I could respond to reviews. On the members page it says that it should let me respond to reviews. However, I can't find the reply button anywhere! Added a picture so you could see. Here's the link to the submission, if it can help:

  • The Meaning of Life
    The Meaning of Life by C-R23

    My first full on dance song

    Score
    4.76 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
    100 Views

Thanks in advance. Hopefuly this can get fixed so I can start responding to reviews :)

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here


Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 09:40 PM Reply

At 7/10/12 09:19 PM, lemon42 wrote: Hello,
I am having issues with the Audio Portal.

One of the most annoying ones is the player sometimes freezing up and playing a small portion of the audio repeatedly (and my computer is fast, it was designed to run video editing programs without shuttering of the images. This happens when I have a lot of processes running that eat up my CPU usage. This issue did not happen before the redesign.

Not-a-bug.

I suggest you to turn off the visualization, or get a more powerful PC (not a suggestion, lol). Visualization in ActionScript3 is a big fail. Flash, alone is a CPU grosser.

At 7/10/12 09:19 PM, lemon42 wrote: Thanks in advance. Hopefuly this can get fixed so I can start responding to reviews :)

It's not a bug. It's just a 'lesser feature' (that I am going to complain on the other post anyway.)

Only the Owner (look at your pic, first guy) can reply. Not you, sorry.

Again, it's not a bug.

no room for 2nd class, durp!
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 7/10/12 09:40 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Not-a-bug.

Fuck, whatever!

Blame 3rd party app-developer Adobe for designing an inefficiency good-looking piece-of-shit API called Flash. Not Newgrounds.

The glitch is not NG faults. Perhaps it's time for NG to try out HTML5 and WebGL.

Foods for thought...

lemon42
lemon42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 05:28 AM Reply

At 7/10/12 09:40 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: I suggest you to turn off the visualization, or get a more powerful PC (not a suggestion, lol). Visualization in ActionScript3 is a big fail. Flash, alone is a CPU grosser.

Maybe but having a 6-core 3.5Ghz processor I don't think it should ever happen. It is a big fail performance-wise.

It's not a bug. It's just a 'lesser feature' (that I am going to complain on the other post anyway.)
Only the Owner (look at your pic, first guy) can reply. Not you, sorry.
Again, it's not a bug.

Well if it is not a bug, then why does it say on the page that Managers can reply to reviews? Can I get some clarification from Staff on this? Thanks!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here


Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 7/12/12 05:28 AM, lemon42 wrote: Well if it is not a bug, then why does it say on the page that Managers can reply to reviews? Can I get some clarification from Staff on this? Thanks!

There are a bunch of stuff that suppose and intent to be there but not there-yet. Such as the delete function, achievements, fully viewing music stats (numbers of review per song, old function) and this. Well someone already talked about it on the Sequenced's thread so I'm not going to repeat it.

I suggest you not-to annoy the staffs and be patient. Those stuff are all TBA.

lemon42
lemon42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 10:32 AM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: There are a bunch of stuff that suppose and intent to be there but not there-yet. Such as the delete function, achievements, fully viewing music stats (numbers of review per song, old function) and this. Well someone already talked about it on the Sequenced's thread so I'm not going to repeat it.

I suggest you not-to annoy the staffs and be patient. Those stuff are all TBA.

If you had said that from the beginning I probably wouldn't have replied again with that message :P
Oh well, I guess I'll wait then. Thanks for clarifying :)

(And yeah, I have been on the portal from a long time (I just created a new account), so yeah. Missing that Audio overview feature :3)


Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.