00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread

15,691 Views | 191 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-21 11:10:40

At 4/21/12 12:29 AM, Lionelion wrote: Yeah, you sure did kick ass tonight, those pandora claws are near unbeatable! Especially during melee attacks, 9/10 times we faced off in melee, you managed to pull out an attack. Also, you sure know the best strategy with those claws, meleeing them into the air, then using the back dash charge shot when they come down, that is one awesome combo.

I discovered that combo randomly while screwing around in training. I did it once and went "Ooooooh man I'm going to have fun with this..."

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-21 11:58:20

sry I wasnt there, I had to volunteer and setup things -.- I was really looking forward to last night, but Ill just bring my A game tonight. THOSE PANDORA CLAWS ARE GOING DOWN >.<

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 01:10:00

At 4/21/12 11:58 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote: sry I wasnt there, I had to volunteer and setup things -.- I was really looking forward to last night, but Ill just bring my A game tonight. THOSE PANDORA CLAWS ARE GOING DOWN >.<

and yet the lion and his claws of anarchy and chaos claimed victory ( for a good chunk of the game.... )!!!

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 01:28:19

I just recently got this game ,and I am very happy with it. Only good things to say about it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 03:34:09

At 4/22/12 01:10 AM, fawnret wrote:
At 4/21/12 11:58 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote: sry I wasnt there, I had to volunteer and setup things -.- I was really looking forward to last night, but Ill just bring my A game tonight. THOSE PANDORA CLAWS ARE GOING DOWN >.<
and yet the lion and his claws of anarchy and chaos claimed victory ( for a good chunk of the game.... )!!!

oh cmon, you only won about half the matches today, you didnt do as well as yesterday, i won more matches today than i did yesterday
mark my words though, i will fuse a weapon that will beat those claws(even if its the same weapon)

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 03:58:33

At 4/22/12 03:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:
oh cmon, you only won about half the matches today, you didnt do as well as yesterday, i won more matches today than i did yesterday
mark my words though, i will fuse a weapon that will beat those claws(even if its the same weapon)

I made an awesome ass combo today that put me back in the lead. since you and mr. whiskers over there decided to have a cat fight with me in the middle I rearranged my special abilities. first I'd put a mine in the ground(lvl4) then id activate a BEAM OF LIGHT that would hurt all who dare to touch me(lvl4) THEN id put the interference and to top it all off id activiate the counter. every time someone tried to hit me, NOT ONLY would they get hit by the light, NOT ONLY would they get hit by the mine, But I would also automatically counter and hit them. and they cant do a thing about it because of the interference, game. set. match. It got me first place once and second in all the rest. I woulda kept getting first but I was using orbs -.- THEY CANT EVEN AIM RYT >.<

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 04:50:19

At 4/22/12 03:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:

that electro arm of yours is enough as it is :P I have a pretty tough time whenever you're using that one. Things get rather cluttered when I'm stuck scrolling through my powers to activate an effect heal or something. I wish I could choose the order so that the ones I'm using a lot, such as effect healing and superior armor, would all be next to each other and the lesser used ones, like healing and tirelessness, would all be to one side.

Also I began doing awesome again once I put on the right music. Thank you tenacious D

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 08:02:06

At 4/22/12 03:58 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote: I made an awesome ass combo today

Yeah i noticed that. Only problem with that though is while that works perfectly with melee, people can still range the heck outta you. Thats what i did when i had my cursed palm the one round.

At 4/22/12 04:50 AM, fawnret wrote: that electro arm of yours is enough as it is :P I have a pretty tough time whenever you're using that one. Things get rather cluttered when I'm stuck scrolling through my powers to activate an effect heal or something. I wish I could choose the order so that the ones I'm using a lot, such as effect healing and superior armor, would all be next to each other and the lesser used ones, like healing and tirelessness, would all be to one side.

eheheh, thanks, im rather proud of how well i do with that arm. Still though, your claws are pretty dang tough.
It is rather odd how they automatically group the powers together like that. A way you can avoid that is by only equipping high levels of the powers you need, so maybe try equipping the highest level of super armor and effect heal that you have, then fill in any empty space with lower level powers, or just leave it blank so you wont have to deal with them.
-------
i went on a fusion frenzy after we battled, ive got a few new weapons to try out. somehow though i dont think i'll do as well with any of them as well as i do with my cursed palm and electroshock arm. i'll still give it a go though

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 13:30:36

At 4/22/12 01:02 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 4/20/12 08:15 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 4/20/12 07:49 PM, tyler2513 wrote: It's very difficult although I find after 10-15 minutes I always end up battling my way through a level then cruising through the next few parts of the game.
What difficulty are you playing on?
I always play on 3.3 or so but I find that the extra difficulty options don't have all that much of an effect on the game other than the quantity on enemies that seem to appear. I figure I'll start selecting whole points within the next few chapters. Also I have now gotten all the way to the chapter Mysterious Invaders, I'm at the seemingly unstoppable Ground Mission part where I just need to get through those black hole robots and use the hot spring. I think I'm getting the hang of these ground missions, there certainly a lot easier than the air missions for me.

when you play on difficulty 9 all the time you begin to notice the REAL difference between 9 and 7. 7 is very easy for me, becasue its not just the quantity, they're attacks are more frequent, theyre health is larger(or you do less damage) and they hurt like hell. I know this because on 9 it takes me a lazer beam, an explosive, and 4 strong shots to kill 1 reaper, where if I were to play on 7 it only takes me 3 strong shots and a lazer beam. BUT, dont forget, not only do you get more hearts but the Items you get are super strong, thats y my weapons are always off the chart.

and cat, I think the rearrangement of the items depends on how you put them in the box. im gonna guess from top left to bottom right is how they arrange them. I havent tested it yet but I will today. I know this because whenever I rearrange the tiles they come out in a different order in the bottom screen. so there is default of quantity or alphabetical order. theres a system to it and if we find out what that system is we can have them at any order we want. and I doubt its just random because wouldnt it them be random everytime we start a match?

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 13:44:51

I don't think it's based on how you arrange them. I rearranged my powers multiple times and it still kept them in the same order of light blue powers, orange powers, and then green powers. They seem to just be ordered by colors which is a real pain in the ass

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-22 13:49:05

At 4/22/12 01:44 PM, fawnret wrote: I don't think it's based on how you arrange them. I rearranged my powers multiple times and it still kept them in the same order of light blue powers, orange powers, and then green powers. They seem to just be ordered by colors which is a real pain in the ass

or that........ that can be it too I guess...... IM COLOR BLIND LEAVE ME ALONE >.<

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 00:05:02

At 4/22/12 01:44 PM, fawnret wrote: I don't think it's based on how you arrange them. I rearranged my powers multiple times and it still kept them in the same order of light blue powers, orange powers, and then green powers. They seem to just be ordered by colors which is a real pain in the ass

thats definitely how its arranged, always by color, never by the order you put them in. wonder why its like that....

At 4/22/12 01:30 PM, Abuyaqoub wrote: when you play on difficulty 9 all the time you begin to notice the REAL difference between 9 and 7. 7 is very easy for me,

does this mean youve completed every chapter at 9.0? damn, im jelly of ur skillz :P
-------
great multiplayer tonight, just me and aquya aka immunity. Immunity kicked ass tonight, that gaol blade was awesome. Damn, either im losing my touch or you guys are just becoming too good for me. ive gotta start playing on higher difficulties and get better weapons, cuz the ones i have are just barely cutting it right now.
Has anyone gotten over 1000 kills in multiplayer yet? i just did, and it gives you a cool little star medal on the multiplayer screen. its so neat, im proud of it
--------
Im just about done going through the chapters on 7.0, currently on chapter 24, the hardest level of all in my opinion, so after that, once i hit up 2 special chapters on 8.0, i'll start doing 9.0 chapters, not looking forward to it though, im gonna be dying SO MUCH....

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 00:20:20

Might be a bit late to post, but I have an answer to Leo statement about how he wanted one more fight against Dark Pit in single player. This can't happen since Dark Pit told Pit that while Pit was a ring for three years, Pittoo was unconscious. So if either of them dies, so does the other.

Atleast that guarantees Pittoo for any possible sequels.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 02:13:43

At 4/23/12 12:05 AM, Lionelion wrote:
thats definitely how its arranged, always by color, never by the order you put them in. wonder why its like that....

At 4/22/12 01:30 PM, Abuyaqoub wrote: when you play on difficulty 9 all the time you begin to notice the REAL difference between 9 and 7. 7 is very easy for me,
does this mean youve completed every chapter at 9.0? damn, im jelly of ur skillz :P
-------
great multiplayer tonight, just me and aquya aka immunity. Immunity kicked ass tonight, that gaol blade was awesome. Damn, either im losing my touch or you guys are just becoming too good for me. ive gotta start playing on higher difficulties and get better weapons, cuz the ones i have are just barely cutting it right now.
Has anyone gotten over 1000 kills in multiplayer yet? i just did, and it gives you a cool little star medal on the multiplayer screen. its so neat, im proud of it
--------
Im just about done going through the chapters on 7.0, currently on chapter 24, the hardest level of all in my opinion, so after that, once i hit up 2 special chapters on 8.0, i'll start doing 9.0 chapters, not looking forward to it though, im gonna be dying SO MUCH....

losing your touch? wat the hell are you talking about, remember the last battle we had? you were so awesome, we had a fight to the ultimate death and you ended up beating me, I spawned and got my revenge but only cuz your health was low. and no I didnt beat all the places at 9 :p im only on level 8 actually I just keep replaying places trying to get as high of a difficulty as I can. so far the first place is 9 and the rest are 8s. I havent gotten 1000 kills yet and id appreciate it if you would put a **spoiler** sign if you wanna talk about the story line.

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 03:12:18

At 4/23/12 12:20 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Might be a bit late to post, but I have an answer to Leo statement about how he wanted one more fight against Dark Pit in single player. This can't happen since Dark Pit told Pit that while Pit was a ring for three years, Pittoo was unconscious. So if either of them dies, so does the other.

I meant that as something that would happen after Hades' defeat, not necessarily a "to the death" sort of thing, but just one final fight. But i get your point

Atleast that guarantees Pittoo for any possible sequels.

His name is Dark Pit. DARK PIT!

lol jk idc

By the way BB, how come you havent been at multiplayer recently? Ive been missing you man! you busy or what?

At 4/23/12 02:13 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote:
losing your touch? wat the hell are you talking about, remember the last battle we had? you were so awesome, we had a fight to the ultimate death and you ended up beating me, I spawned and got my revenge but only cuz your health was low.

aw, thanks man!

and no I didnt beat all the places at 9 :p im only on level 8 actually I just keep replaying places trying to get as high of a difficulty as I can. so far the first place is 9 and the rest are 8s.

Thats almost how it is for me, ive got the first place at 9, 1 of em is at 8, then the rest are at 7.

I havent gotten 1000 kills yet and id appreciate it if you would put a **spoiler** sign if you wanna talk about the story line.

Its not a story line thing, its just something that happens once you get 1000 kills in multiplayer. if you go to the multiplayer screen, the very first screen, at the top it shows some symbols that look like swords, thats pretty much your kill count. Blue crossed swords mean 100 kills, blue single sword means 10 kills, and green sword means 1 kill. so i was basically saying that a star medal means 1000 kills, sorry if i confused you

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 03:20:45

I havent gotten 1000 kills yet and id appreciate it if you would put a **spoiler** sign if you wanna talk about the story line.
Its not a story line thing, its just something that happens once you get 1000 kills in multiplayer. if you go to the multiplayer screen, the very first screen, at the top it shows some symbols that look like swords, thats pretty much your kill count. Blue crossed swords mean 100 kills, blue single sword means 10 kills, and green sword means 1 kill. so i was basically saying that a star medal means 1000 kills, sorry if i confused you

I was talking about that XD I meant the thing about dark pit XD or anything else that pertains to the story line INCLUDING HADES, and thank you for ruining that on me -.-

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 21:20:59

At 4/23/12 03:12 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 4/23/12 12:20 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
By the way BB, how come you havent been at multiplayer recently? Ive been missing you man! you busy or what?

Metroid Prime trilogy. I'm too obsessed to pull away from it. Metroid was technically Kid Icarus' sister game.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 21:22:07

Shit kids game.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 21:38:22

At 4/23/12 09:22 PM, Welcome2Oblivion wrote: Shit kids game.

Just out of curiosity, can you give me an example of an "adult" game?

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 21:45:33

At 4/23/12 09:38 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

Anything that doesn't spew out of Miyamoto's ass

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 22:55:21

At 4/23/12 09:45 PM, Welcome2Oblivion wrote:

This game wasn't from Miyamoto, it was from Mashiro Sakurai, the creator of Kirby and Super Smash bros.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-23 23:20:15

At 4/23/12 10:55 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
This game wasn't from Miyamoto, it was from Mashiro Sakurai, the creator of Kirby and Super Smash bros.

BITCH 5 MINUTES ON KID ICARUS MULTIPLAYER BEATS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD WITH HALO AND CALL OF DUTY *pulls mike out and drops it*

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-24 00:21:47

Hah! Burn! Nice one BB!
Seriously though, dont knock it if you havent played it, i hate those kind of people

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-24 01:44:46

At 4/24/12 12:21 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Hah! Burn! Nice one BB!
Seriously though, dont knock it if you havent played it, i hate those kind of people

I know ryt, I have nvr seen a game with multiplayer so well put together. the weapons are amazing and the single player is SO challenging. Kid Icarus was really carefully put together and rarely do they ever make a game like this

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-24 15:54:02

I have to say, I really thought I was going to hate the multiplayer, but I've since eaten my words. I honestly never imagined that a handheld system could pull off such a polished multiplayer experience, especially in a game where an online game mode seemed pointless.

But just because it didn't need it doesn't mean it didn't execute it well. VERY well, in fact. It has better online functionality than the Wii, as far as I'm concerned. Now if only playing this game wasn't giving me carpal tunnel...

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-24 23:13:12

At 4/24/12 03:54 PM, Tovi-Noname wrote:
But just because it didn't need it doesn't mean it didn't execute it well. VERY well, in fact. It has better online functionality than the Wii, as far as I'm concerned. Now if only playing this game wasn't giving me carpal tunnel...

Try using the stand it comes with, it helps with that particular problem a lot

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-25 14:01:32

the zero punctuation review came out today and surprise surprise, Yahtzee doesn't like it. Not all that surprised

in other news, sorry I haven't been on lately. It's been a busy week. I'll try to get on if I'm not too bogged down in latin to translate

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-25 14:07:46

At 4/25/12 02:01 PM, fawnret wrote: the zero punctuation review came out today and surprise surprise, Yahtzee doesn't like it. Not all that surprised

What a surprise....

in other news, sorry I haven't been on lately. It's been a busy week. I'll try to get on if I'm not too bogged down in latin to translate

i was wondering where you were. hopefully we'll see ya at multiplayer soon!

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-25 17:29:10

my finals are nxt week so I wont play as much either. and leo your getting pretty good :) it was an awesome game yesterday. oh and I watched the zero punk, his complaint was 1) the stand (dont use it) 2) the controls (change them) and three, the difficulty. if you realize he said its either too hard or too easy which doesnt make sense since you can change the difficulty to the 0.1 so thats just impossible to be either too hard or too easy. but its like he said, he hates it cuz its nintendo :p

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-25 23:50:54

For now, I must concede defeat to Fawnret's Pandora Claws. We played today in multiplayer, and i cant remember the exact number, but i think we had at least 6 or so matches, and i only won 2 of them
However, im only conceding until i come up with a new weapon thats powerful enough

all i need is time....

---------
Ive successfully completed the first 6 levels on 9.0! Things are going a lot better than i expected! Given, i have died several times, but its not as many as i thought i would. Ive decided to first complete each level on 8.0, then immediately come back and complete it on 9.0. For all the times ive died though, its been worth it, as i have been getting some kick ass weapons to use in fusion.
Things will definitely get harder once i get past chapter 9 though...