New Topic Respond to this Topic
UnitSmiley
UnitSmiley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-24 01:54:19 Reply

At 11 minutes ago, Gustavos wrote: This game is...amazing!

I've only played the first three levels and I'm astounded at the level of quality here. Only Sakurai would put this much effort into reviving a 25 year old series. The way they reward you for increasing the difficulty, the depth of collecting and creating new weapons to use, the orchestrated music, the cinematic qualities of the Starfox-esque segments. My only complaint is I can't seem to control the camera very well during the on-foot segments, but then again, I haven't bothered to check out the manual or the tutorial/practice modes of the game. There's also a ton of Extras and collectibles reminiscent to all the unlockable goodies in Smash Bros.
Also, I can predict some people complaining about the constant banter between characters, but honestly, I find some of the lines pretty funny for Nintendo standards.

Glad to hear, i'm picking up my copy tomorrow as i couldn't get to it today. Game does look like a lot of fun and seems to be of really high quality. I bet multiplayer will be a blast~

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-24 15:54:54 Reply

My impressions:

Graphics: The game looks quite good. the flight segments are quite breathtaking, as they are on rails, and what you see had a lot of detail in it. On foot looks a bit worse, but that's just because you can end up looking at walls, which are a bit bland. The enemies and everything look very very good.

Sound: The music is phenomenal for a handheld. Who else loves the Solo menu music? The voices sounded cheesy in the trailer, but I love them. The script is fantastic, even though there are some puns, Pit himself references how bad they are. I like how you can smack talk bosses while fighting them.

Controls: The flying segments are the best part of the game. They control very well, and there is a lot o strategy in charging or continuous firing, as well as dodging. The on foot segments have an annoying camera, but since most levels keep moving you forward, it's no problem. Boss battles are great, and since most arenas are circular, control better than the on foot sections.

Multiplayer: I played some Light versus Dark, and it's fun. It's competitive, there are lots of stages, all the weapons you get in Solo carry over, this has the same amount of depth as a Pokemon title.

Extras: So many things to unlock! Music, idols, powers, etc.. And an achievement system that rivals that of Brawl's!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Okay, so I know people will want to play together, but the only way to do that is through friends lists. You can't make a community where everyone with a code can join. You can however, join a round if a you are a friend of the room host, or a friend of a room host's friend.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1238773 this thread has a list of friend codes, and the full list is in my sig. You might want to get peopel on your friend's list if you want to play, in case on of your friends isn't playing and you can't get on.

We can set up simultaneous Free for all and LvsD games at the different times. If only one play mode gets interest, we'll set up a single time. If both have interest, we can work something out later.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What AR cards does everyone have? I got Pit (everyone gets him) Palutena, Magnus, Dark Lord Gaol, standard orbitars, and a green licking enemy. I have six more on the way (for various reasons). They seem to be the same as in game idols, except facing two cards makes a Yu Ghi Oh style battle take place.

UnitSmiley
UnitSmiley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-24 21:14:10 Reply

So I picked up my game today and wow, it's pretty damn good. BobbyBroccoli did a good job of summarizing it so i guess i won't lol. But if anyone was unsure about this game, i give it a 9/10! The controls are the only thing holding it back, but once you get used to it, things become a lot easier. I recommend using the face buttons to aim instead of the stylus.

And yeah Bobby, i got the same AR cards you did :p. I have some more on the way as well.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-25 02:22:38 Reply

Wow, i just....this game, man, this game....
The game is simply epic. The graphics, the gameplay, the sound especially, even the controls, once you get used to them, are just simply fantastic. All the different weapons just come off as being really interesting. I find the design of the weapons just as fascinating as how they operate. Im wondering just how many weapons there are in all? Theres gotta be hundreds!
I havent done too much multiplayer yet, been focusing on the solo mode, but from what i have done, ive found that it is executed quite well, both LvD and F-f-A. I like playing LvD more, I even got to be Pit in the first LvD match I played. Needless to say, multiplayer is quite fun and I will be playing lots of it once im done with the main story mode(solo)
Speaking of Solo mode, its quite interesting as it is fun! Ive been playing on difficulty 5.0 or higher, what difficulties have you guys been normally playing on? I also find the treasure hunt part to be fun, its made me go back to specific chapters and beat them with specific weapons, which has been fun, as its a slightly different experience to go through a level with a different weapon from before. Weapon fusion has come in handy more than once, ive been getting multiples of various weapons, and i just use em to fuse em! small aside before i get back to that, i dont like how the weapon gems work, so far ive gotten 2 gems from spotpass, and i fused them to get another weapon. what i didnt realize is that it costs hearts not just to get the weapons from the gems(i knew that, its this next part i didnt realize), it also costs hearts to fuse weapon gems, so that was an unwelcome surprise for me. Anyways, back to solo mode, between the flying parts and the land parts, im not entirely sure which part i like more. its a lot easier to dodge in the flying parts, but you can only use your powers in the land parts, and i guess thats because the land parts are usually harder. Heck, ive even had some bosses that have been easier than the rest of the land level that i had to traverse just to get to the boss.
Also, just the story to the game is interesting, and i like listening to the characters talk to each other during the levels, it cuts the monotony of just killing random baddies, and sometimes its rather funny! Also, the music is just lovely! You guys know im a huge fan of video game music, but this has just surpassed anything ive heard so far. Even the menu music is just enchanting. The level music, the boss music, the land/flying music, its all just so....*sigh*.....so lovely....Anyways, the graphics are simply amazing. Theyre on par, if not surpassed the Wii's graphics. Also, i like how you can actually see Pit's mouth move when hes talking, its not just assumed.
The controls actually make it more fun to play in my opinion, and i like how theres the option to customize them if you dont like using the touch screen. I of course use the touch screen, makes it more fun in my opinion. Plus the last 3 games i got hardly used the touch screen at all, besides weapon storage, so it was fun to find that i'd be using the touch screen a lot in this game. Sucks if youre left handed though, you'll be forced to changed the controls or to buy a circle pad pro. Luckily im not though, so im good :P
---------
Well i guess thats my two cents on it so far. Im sure theres tons more ive forgotten to mention, but i dont wanna post too much, as i know how lazy some of you can be. :/
Also, I'll be more willing for multiplayer once I complete solo mode at least once.
By the way, has anyone donated any hearts to that sacrifice to the goddess thing? It says theres no reward for it, but if thats true, why would anyone even do it? my guess is that theres SOME kind of reward if you sacrifice enough hearts.
---------

At 3/24/12 03:54 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: We can set up simultaneous Free for all and LvsD games at the different times. If only one play mode gets interest, we'll set up a single time. If both have interest, we can work something out later.

We should definitely set something up. If we can get enough people, we should definitely do LvD, but otherwise we'll have to do Free-for-all

What AR cards does everyone have?

I got Pit, Palutena, and Magnus as well, and i also got EZ cannon, the orange dude with one eye(i forget his name), and Hewdraw. And besides the 3 offered from nintendo, what other 3 are you guys getting?

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-25 10:01:47 Reply

This game looks so stunning and it's the first game of 2012 that has been appealing ot me to put on my Wishlist. Hopefully I'll get it next week or so but I'm kind of low on money right now.

BBS Signature
keisarin0
keisarin0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-25 10:50:42 Reply

At 11/22/11 07:24 PM, Chdonga wrote: This game might just offer me reason to get a 3DS.

uh... HELLO??? are you insane? the 3DS is amazing. you do not know what you are missing out (and also missed out =/)
for those who buy a 3DS on the first two months or so, they get 20 free games! I AM NOT FUCKING KIDDING!!! 20 FUCKING GAMES! and nintendo isnt even sure if they should put all 20 to the public at all! you could have saved more then 50 bucks if you purchased it!

3ds freind code: 5455-9415-6930 youtube

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-25 11:50:19 Reply

I got the new Kid Icarus as well and there are a few things about it that's a little concerning.

I feel that the game can be easily monotonous and repetitive due to the fact that for the most part you will be playing through the same levels over and over and over again just to build up hearts to buy a better weapon (that isn't so much better really but costs a fortune and pretty much 20 hours worth of heart building just to go do it again for the same reason) i know the difficulty setting raises the heart total but still you are going through the same thing over and over.

Also you can't level up like armor or health so when you are playing on harder difficulties you are taking more damage unlike you giving more damage with a better weapon so no matter what weapon you have it's still gonna be a tough go about it when you play on higher difficulties on other levels trying to get more hearts.

Also trying to play with the circle pad and aim with the stylus is a serious hand cramper,the stand helps a bit but still when you are grinding for hearts it's not a good mix feeling uncomfortable playing the game and grinding for level up at the same time and the other control settings and circle pad pro doesn't really cut it either though the circle pad pro would help the lefties out considerably i would imagine,i have yet to play the multiplayer but will probably check it out i do love the voice acting and there is a lot of good entertaining funny lines throughout the game but that also becomes monotonous playing through the same levels over and over again but at least you have the option of muting the voice acting if you so wish.

In all honesty the game looks great but i will probably get bored with it fast doing the same thing over and over again with a short storyline and mostly grinding right from the rip of the game with what it seems for no reward or level up,as for AR cards i got Pit,Palutena,Power of Flight,Dark Lord Gaol,Crusher Arm,Mik,Magnus

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-25 16:22:32 Reply

At 3/25/12 11:50 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: I got the new Kid Icarus as well and there are a few things about it that's a little concerning.

I'd have to disagree, but depending on where you are in the game, it can really pick. The set pieces are amazing, so far levels 5 and 7 have been phenomenal.

What weapons are everybody using? I've found some favourites, I use a Twinbellows cannon and a pair of beam claws. They are both great for continuous shooting, and have different skills regarding melee and charged shots.

I am awaiting three club Nintendo cards and 3 Best Buy exclusive cards for preordering.

How about starting a Light vs Dark match tonight at say 8:00 EST? I could host if that's okay, just to make it easier to see what room to go to. Remember though, 6 per room, so people can make other rooms as well.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 00:52:17 Reply

At 3/25/12 04:22 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I'd have to disagree, but depending on where you are in the game, it can really pick. The set pieces are amazing, so far levels 5 and 7 have been phenomenal.

Just how far have you gotten? are you only on level 7 so far? that cant be right...and what do you mean set pieces?
Speaking of which, how far has everyone gotten in solo mode so far? Ive gotten to level 17. i cant believe i thought i was almost done when i hit level 9....makes me wonder how many chapters there are exactly.....

What weapons are everybody using? I've found some favourites, I use a Twinbellows cannon and a pair of beam claws. They are both great for continuous shooting, and have different skills regarding melee and charged shots.

I find that my favorites are Bows and Blades, though i also love the Brawler Claws. The speed boost those things give is just awesome! I also just love how some of the palms look. The ones im currently using the most though are a Meteor Bow, a Samurai Blade, a Brawler Claws, and sometimes a Ore Club and a Guardian Orbitars(i love orbitars :3), theyre some of my strongest. I also dont mind using Staffs/Staves. Really though, it can depend on the situation

I am awaiting three club Nintendo cards and 3 Best Buy exclusive cards for preordering.

lucky on those best buy cards, if i had known that, i wouldve preordered from there too....

How about starting a Light vs Dark match tonight at say 8:00 EST? I could host if that's okay, just to make it easier to see what room to go to. Remember though, 6 per room, so people can make other rooms as well.

Yeah, sorry i didnt check this sooner. Though i may have just forgone it anyways, as im trying to focus on solo right now.
and like i said before, i'd like to finish solo first, so could we maybe hold back on setting up times for now? it would also give people a chance to get better weapons and get more proficient with said weapons.

UnitSmiley
UnitSmiley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 02:43:31 Reply

For weapons I find that each weapon type can be good as long as you spend time learning it for awhile, and obviously each specific weapon is different than another weapon of the same type.

I started using a blade i found since it was pretty balanced and had the best stats at the time. Then i switched to a club because the projectile is massive and does a ton of damage, but the club i had didn't have very many stat bonuses. So I switched to a Staff. Staffs are definitely the hardest weapon type i've used so far (out of blades, clubs, bows, and claws. I havn't tried the others yet). They take a little getting used to, but they have such a long range and great damage.

Anyway, I havn't tried all the weapons yet, but i've seen people do pretty well with most of em.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 16:24:39 Reply

At 3/26/12 12:52 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Just how far have you gotten? are you only on level 7 so far? that cant be right...and what do you mean set pieces?
Speaking of which, how far has everyone gotten in solo mode so far? Ive gotten to level 17. i cant believe i thought i was almost done when i hit level 9....makes me wonder how many chapters there are exactly.....

I was on level 9 as I wrote that. I loved the plot twist at the end of that level, a lot more historically correct.

I find that my favorites are Bows and Blades, though i also love the Brawler Claws. The speed boost those things give is just awesome! I also just love how some of the palms look. The ones im currently using the most though are a Meteor Bow, a Samurai Blade, a Brawler Claws, and sometimes a Ore Club and a Guardian Orbitars(i love orbitars :3), theyre some of my strongest. I also dont mind using Staffs/Staves. Really though, it can depend on the situation

I found a really good Optic blade I'm using. I going to find a really good weapon from each class, then practice with each to get better in case of LvD battles where being an angel gives you a random weapon.

lucky on those best buy cards, if i had known that, i wouldve preordered from there too....

I might get the new Nintendo Power, they have some rare cards like Poseidon and Thanatos.

Yeah, sorry i didnt check this sooner. Though i may have just forgone it anyways, as im trying to focus on solo right now.
and like i said before, i'd like to finish solo first, so could we maybe hold back on setting up times for now? it would also give people a chance to get better weapons and get more proficient with said weapons.

I'd played with metamat62 for a while in LvD. I creamed him a few rounds, but then he beat me once. If there is one overpowered weapon in the game so far, it's the skyscraper club. One charged shot from it leaves me at 10% health.

So lets try 8:00 PM EST for now, and we can suggest new times later. Remember, LvD for now. I'll host tonight.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 20:32:51 Reply

At 3/26/12 04:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I found a really good Optic blade I'm using. I going to find a really good weapon from each class, then practice with each to get better in case of LvD battles where being an angel gives you a random weapon.

It doesnt, you use whatever weapon you were using previously. I got to be a angel in the first LvD battle i did, and used the weapon i started out with

I'd played with metamat62 for a while in LvD. I creamed him a few rounds, but then he beat me once. If there is one overpowered weapon in the game so far, it's the skyscraper club. One charged shot from it leaves me at 10% health.

It could just be that that particular skyscraper club had good stats and whatnot. no one weapon is going to overpowered no matter what. Most likely it just had very good stats. Ive got a Ore club that has 4 stars for ranged and 3 stars for melee and good powers along with that, and its quite powerful. Ive also got a second Ore club that only has one star for melee and a half-star for ranged, and few powers, and its not so powerful, so.....yeah

So lets try 8:00 PM EST for now, and we can suggest new times later. Remember, LvD for now. I'll host tonight.

Can we make it 9:00 PM EST? I cant make 8:00 EST on mondays or wednesdays due to classes, but i can make 9:00 EST every day
--------
Just so you guys know, theres 25 chapters to make it through, and im just about done. i'll probably get done tonight in fact.
Also, get ready for some odd but awesome chapters starting after Chapter 17(erm, spoilers?)

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 21:34:15 Reply

At 3/26/12 08:32 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 3/26/12 04:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
It doesnt, you use whatever weapon you were using previously. I got to be a angel in the first LvD battle i did, and used the weapon i started out with

I've received weapons I've never seen before, perhaps your's was coincidence?

It could just be that that particular skyscraper club had good stats and whatnot. no one weapon is going to overpowered no matter what. Most likely it just had very good stats. Ive got a Ore club that has 4 stars for ranged and 3 stars for melee and good powers along with that, and its quite powerful. Ive also got a second Ore club that only has one star for melee and a half-star for ranged, and few powers, and its not so powerful, so.....yeah

I still find that clubs are way too overpowered with their humongous charge shots.

Can we make it 9:00 PM EST? I cant make 8:00 EST on mondays or wednesdays due to classes, but i can make 9:00 EST every day

Sure, lets do that.

--------
Just so you guys know, theres 25 chapters to make it through, and im just about done. i'll probably get done tonight in fact.
Also, get ready for some odd but awesome chapters starting after Chapter 17(erm, spoilers?)

I'm on 12 now. I'm taking it slow and enjoying it as much as can (and homework, and multiplayer to worry about...).

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-26 22:49:21 Reply

At 3/26/12 09:34 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I've received weapons I've never seen before, perhaps your's was coincidence?

Really? guess i should play some more LvD then....

I still find that clubs are way too overpowered with their humongous charge shots.

Yeah, i guess they can be. The downside to them though is that you cant move as fast, or shoot as accurately though, so maybe that balances it out?

Sure, lets do that.

Thanks, that would be awesome. Lets start tomorrow

I'm on 12 now. I'm taking it slow and enjoying it as much as can (and homework, and multiplayer to worry about...).

Good for you!

---------
Man, weapon fusion is taking up more of my time than i realized. Every several chapters, i have to stop and fuse some weapons just because i have an overload of doubles. I know they each have different stats and whatnot, but one of them is always better than the other one. And i cant just fuse on impulse, i have to make a list of each weapon i would get when i fuse each weapon with each of the other ones. needless to say, it takes awhile, usually spanning at least 30 mins if not longer. In the end though, its worth it cuz i can see exactly which fusions i want to make then.
Also, doing the treasure hunt is fun. Its like how they did it in SSBB and Kirby Air Ride. I like looking to see if i can complete specific challenges and seeing what i get as a reward.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-28 23:49:02 Reply

Okay, so Lionelion, Sephy, and I had some great LvD rounds.

These matches were intense! I found a super powerful Bomber fist that makes melee battles impossible to lose, so I dominated in the smaller maps.

I actually got two new weapons from those matches (a crusher arm and a crystal bow) that are now my strongest weapons.

I also finally got my 6 AR cards. I got a rare version of Palutena and Pit, the level 4 boss the Great Reaper, a Samurai blade, a drill arm, and probably my favourite card, Pandora.

I'm on mission 16 now, I'm loving the seemingly random plot twists. I won't ruin it, but after chapter 9 the game goes crazy plot wise.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 01:16:55 Reply

At 3/28/12 11:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Okay, so Lionelion, Sephy, and I had some great LvD rounds.

Twas great fun! I was definitely best whenever i was using my Brawler claws, i just dominated in one round when i was on the opposite team against both Sephy and BB :3

These matches were intense! I found a super powerful Bomber fist that makes melee battles impossible to lose, so I dominated in the smaller maps.

Yeah, you were quite good with that arm! Im also a little surprised at how well the CPU's fight, i didnt expect them to be that good...

I actually got two new weapons from those matches (a crusher arm and a crystal bow) that are now my strongest weapons.

Ah, so thats why you were using that crystal bow so much. well, nice finds!

I also finally got my 6 AR cards. I got a rare version of Palutena and Pit, the level 4 boss the Great Reaper, a Samurai blade, a drill arm, and probably my favourite card, Pandora.

Aw, nice/lucky. Those were the ones you got from Best Buy, right? Besides the 3 that Nintendo gave away, i should get the 3 from Nintendo Power, so that'll be fun. How are the versions of Pit and Palutena that you got different from the other ones?

I'm on mission 16 now, I'm loving the seemingly random plot twists. I won't ruin it, but after chapter 9 the game goes crazy plot wise.

Yeah, isnt the stuff with the Aurum just weird? And just you wait till you get to chapter 18, things take a HUGE turn, get ready. Oh yeah, i finished the game by the way. The final boss is hard, but fun, mainly because of the way you fight him. I'd go on, but it'd be a spoiler to tell, so i'll stay quiet for now
Oh BB, almost forgot to ask, what difficulty do you normally fight on? I usually range somewhere from 5.0-5.5. The only times ive gone below that were for chapter 9, and the final chapter, chapter 25, but i'll probably eventually redo those chapters once ive gotten good enough. I really should try at least a little harder difficulty, just to better myself..
-------
Ive almost got all the weapons! So far i have all the staffs, arms, claws, and cannons, and im just missing one or two weapons each from the bows, orbitars, blades, clubs, and palms(mainly because i havent unlocked them yet). Heres a number as to how many weapons there are for each class:
Blades: 12
Staffs: 12
Claws: 12
Bows: 12
Palms: 12
Clubs: 12
Cannons: 12
Orbitars: 12
Arms: 12
Erm....huh....looks like theres 12 weapons for each class....never noticed that.....Well at any rate, that makes for a grand total of 108 weapons! Of course theres just about infinite number of weapons with different attributes and whatnot....
Oh and i also tried the first level at intensity 9.0..........shit is HARD as fuck! the only way i was able to complete it was by pretty much running past/dodging everything(except for the boss of course)! Everything is ramped up to the max! i got hit by a projectile while in the flying part of the stage, took away at least a 3rd of my health. Gotta tell you, i'll probably never try that again, at least not for a long long time....
Anyways, looking forward to future multiplayer matches!

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 01:27:35 Reply

Currently on Chapter 14. Simply haven't had enough time to finish the game or even try out multiplayer. Has anybody found a favorite weapon type? It's hard to decide since the weapon type doesn't seem to change much in the face of a weapon's attributes. I've tried each type at least once, and the only one I'm dissatisfied with was a palm that shot bubbles. Clubs and Staffs are beastly, but you gotta work around their obvious flaws. I think that my current strongest weapon is an E-Z launcher, but I may have picked up something stronger.

Oh, and as a Smash Bros. fan, when I found out you could tech in this game, land battles started to become a lot more engaging.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Schizo-Sephy
Schizo-Sephy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 13:29:57 Reply

I had fun playing light Vs Dark with Bobby Broccoli and Leo (Can't remember his NG name, sorry...)
I have to say this is the most enjoyable online Nintendo game I've played.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 16:04:50 Reply

I worked myself up to intensity 5 now, though my average complete is still 3.5. I'll work that up through trying to complete the treasure hunt objectives.

How many Zodiac weapons has every found, not fused? I found the Gemini orbitars, the Leo cannon, and have seen the Taurus arm through fusion.

My Pit card is his rare victory pose, and Palutena has stronger stats than her first card. I spent 10 minutes trying to have someone beat my Great Reaper, and he died after beating three people and no health boosts. Guess I have my strongest card figured out.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 16:53:37 Reply

Would you recommend this game for somebody looking for awesome new 3DS games yet did not really enjoy either of the previous Kid Icarus installments?

unless you count SSBB

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 19:37:27 Reply

At 3/29/12 04:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I worked myself up to intensity 5 now, though my average complete is still 3.5. I'll work that up through trying to complete the treasure hunt objectives.

Yeah i just keep on going through the 1st chapter on Intensity 9 farming hearts which gives me around 12,000 Hearts a go through that doesn't take too long it's just hard trying to find a good weapon to buy i try fusing weapons but it never seems to go anywhere just hope i can find an elite bow somewhere in the store but sadly it only updates when you finish a chapter which stinks.

Currently i got a 6 star range/1 star melee crystal bow with a +2 overall defense,+5 Health and +4 shaking (whatever the hell shaking is) its still not good enough though with only a value of 314 always looking for better if anyone has better weapons to give if you can do that via online friends on this game that would be neat i only like bows,sword and orbiters though you can keep that melee crap that you can't even you in air battles but you can use ranged on land battles.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 20:54:45 Reply

At 3/29/12 04:53 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Would you recommend this game for somebody looking for awesome new 3DS games yet did not really enjoy either of the previous Kid Icarus installments?

unless you count SSBB

The game doesn't play at all like the original, much like Metroid Prime and Metroid are so different.

The games share plots elements and characters, but little much else. The game has a "harder=more treasure/easier=less treasure" style difficulty, and has each level divided up into flying, on foot, and a boss battle.

There are nine weapon classes (bows, blades, arms, claws, orbitars, clubs, palms, cannons, and staffs) each with different stats. You have powers such as invisibility, super lasers, super speed, and increased melee power. All these carry over into the solo mode as well as the very deep multiplayer mode.

Buy it. You'll love it.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 21:16:01 Reply

At 3/29/12 07:37 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: you can keep that melee crap that you can't even you in air battles but you can use ranged on land battles.

On the contrary! The only weapon type that has no ranged attack is the club. But with a charged shot, they typically unleash a MASSIVE shot or area effect move. They're definitely not the most reliable for the air battles, especially with how slow they are to charge and how slow the charged shots travel, but unless you're on a high intensity, everything should go down with just one of these shots. Additionally, the regular fire is just pit swinging them wildly, but that will actually deflect projectiles with the exception of a few frames inbetween swings. So melee-based weapons are rarely useless in air battles, and greatly excel in land battles.

Clubs are so awesome that I'm about ready to consider them the cheapest type of weapon to use.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-29 21:50:14 Reply

At 3/29/12 08:54 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 3/29/12 04:53 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
The game doesn't play at all like the original, much like Metroid Prime and Metroid are so different.

The games share plots elements and characters, but little much else. The game has a "harder=more treasure/easier=less treasure" style difficulty, and has each level divided up into flying, on foot, and a boss battle.

There are nine weapon classes (bows, blades, arms, claws, orbitars, clubs, palms, cannons, and staffs) each with different stats. You have powers such as invisibility, super lasers, super speed, and increased melee power. All these carry over into the solo mode as well as the very deep multiplayer mode.

Buy it. You'll love it.

Just what I was hoping to hear! I also hear the map in quite the extension from any 3DS game we've seen so far, I'm definetly putting my money toward this.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-30 04:31:34 Reply

At 3/29/12 01:29 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: I had fun playing light Vs Dark with Bobby Broccoli and Leo (Can't remember his NG name, sorry...)
I have to say this is the most enjoyable online Nintendo game I've played.

Yeah, except BB wasnt here today. Where were you man? I missed you....

At 3/29/12 04:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I worked myself up to intensity 5 now, though my average complete is still 3.5. I'll work that up through trying to complete the treasure hunt objectives.

Ah, good for you! Ive started trying intensities in the 6.0-6.9 range, and its definitely tougher, have had some more deaths, but had enough wins that it was worth it to go back each time.

How many Zodiac weapons has every found, not fused? I found the Gemini orbitars, the Leo cannon, and have seen the Taurus arm through fusion.

I have found them all! if anyone has any questions wondering where the chambers are, just ask, i found a link that tells where they all are. Btw, not all of them are weapons. Yes, there is one zodiac weapon per weapon class, but there are also 2 zodiac chambers that house powers instead of weapons. 11 chambers overall. I'll tell you this though, there is a chamber on every even numbered level, except for level 22, its on level 23 instead, but then its back to level 24.

My Pit card is his rare victory pose, and Palutena has stronger stats than her first card. I spent 10 minutes trying to have someone beat my Great Reaper, and he died after beating three people and no health boosts. Guess I have my strongest card figured out.

wow, nicely done. also, health boosts? what do you mean? i didnt think the AR cards had any sort of boosts or whatnot....

At 3/29/12 04:53 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Would you recommend this game for somebody looking for awesome new 3DS games yet did not really enjoy either of the previous Kid Icarus installments?

Yes, most definitely. Get it, and you'll be happier

At 3/29/12 07:37 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Yeah i just keep on going through the 1st chapter on Intensity 9 farming hearts which gives me around 12,000 Hearts a go through that doesn't take too long it's just hard trying to find a good weapon to buy i try fusing weapons but it never seems to go anywhere just hope i can find an elite bow somewhere in the store but sadly it only updates when you finish a chapter which stinks.

If you want good weapons through fusion, you must fuse good weapons together. If you fuse two bad weapons together, youre gonna get a bad weapon, simple as that. Ive rarely had a case where i fused 2 weapons together that had low stats to get a weapon with higher stats. Weapon fusion is really the best way to get powerful weapons. Take all the weapons you find in that level 1 that you do over and over, and just start fusing them together, as i can imagine that they must be at least somewhat good if theyre from a level 9 intensity.
I also find that whenever an awesome weapon comes up in the store, it usually costs way too much, usually above 100,000. I'd rather just sacrifice my good weapons through fusion to make an even better weapon. Though this could just be because of the fact that i only have about 190,000 hearts, and buying one of those weapons would leave me with almost nothing....

Currently i got a 6 star range/1 star melee crystal bow with a +2 overall defense,+5 Health and +4 shaking (whatever the hell shaking is) its still not good enough though with only a value of 314 always looking for better if anyone has better weapons to give if you can do that via online friends on this game that would be neat i only like bows,sword and orbiters though you can keep that melee crap that you can't even you in air battles but you can use ranged on land battles.

You can give weapons to friends online? where is that option, i must have missed that. are you sure you can do that? im not so sure....The only thing i can think of that comes close to what youre saying is the weapon gem streetpass, but thats not online, so....
Oh, and have you never used a club in a air battle? it deflects all shots back at the attackers! Oh, and shaking is only used in multiplayer mode, what it does is makes it harder for the opponent to aim for a few seconds, it literally shakes their reticle around

At 3/29/12 09:16 PM, Gustavos wrote: Clubs are so awesome that I'm about ready to consider them the cheapest type of weapon to use.

Especially if you have a club with a speed modifier, effectively negating the lower moving speed that clubs usually come with
-------
Got my issue of Nintendo Power today, and got the 3 AR cards from it! they were Poseidon, Medusa(attack), and Thanatos. I had them battle each other once each, and it was like a match of rock paper scissors. Poseidon beat Medusa, Medusa beat Thanatos, and Thanatos beat Poseidon, it was kinda funny.
Ive got one last weapon to get before ive got all 108 weapons, the Centurion Orbitars. I just recently unlocked the Aurum Bow(btw, theres 5 different Aurum weapons, the Aurum Palm, Club, Bow, Blade, and Orbitars. i found this to be kinda weird), but the conditions for it were tough. In order to unlock the aurum bow, you have to beat the boss of level 17 while in Crisis mode, and crisis mode is that part right where you no longer have a life bar, but youre still alive, you know, where if you take even just one more hit you'll die? yeah, its that. Unfortunately to unlock the Centurion Orbitars, you have to do the same thing for level 19, so thats gonna be a pain.
Anyways, hoping everyone is having as much fun as I am.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-30 07:57:19 Reply

Hmmm, Kid seems like a cool hero and I wonder if they will turn him into a Nintendo regular if this game sells well.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-30 17:39:54 Reply

At 3/30/12 04:31 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 3/29/12 01:29 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote:
Yeah, except BB wasnt here today. Where were you man? I missed you....

Working on an English assignment, sorry.

At 3/29/12 04:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Ah, good for you! Ive started trying intensities in the 6.0-6.9 range, and its definitely tougher, have had some more deaths, but had enough wins that it was worth it to go back each time.

I beat level 1 on 9.0. Hard as hell (or the underworld) but I beat it without dying.

wow, nicely done. also, health boosts? what do you mean? i didnt think the AR cards had any sort of boosts or whatnot....

Sorry, I meant when you take a card off camera they refill on health. My Reaper beat three people without going off camera.

I'm trying to unlock all the music. That almost always means beating all the bosses with a specific weapon, under a certain time limit, without someone dying, or in crisis mode.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-30 21:36:03 Reply

At 3/30/12 05:39 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I beat level 1 on 9.0. Hard as hell (or the underworld) but I beat it without dying.

Yeah, ive done that too. It is quite hard, but ive been doing that level on 9 just to get hearts. Ive also been going back through all the levels, finding any intensity gates they have, then redoing the levels on those intensities. for example, i just recently completed level 3 on intensity 7.

I'm trying to unlock all the music. That almost always means beating all the bosses with a specific weapon, under a certain time limit, without someone dying, or in crisis mode.

I can do the time limit things, thats usually no problem for me cuz it usually doesnt matter what intensity youre on, so i just equip my Brawler claws, and speed through the level on a lower intensity. Without dying also usually has similar circumstances, but sometimes it does have higher intensities. Regardless though, it is harder. Once again, i usually just try to speed past everything if at all possible. The crisis mode ones are always hard no matter what intensity youre on, because youre forced to get to that low health, and then you have to start dodging everything while attacking or youre dead, and you have to kill them quickly enough before you get that little bit of health back, or you have to get hit again to go back to crisis mode
---------
Hey, where was everyone today? i was waiting for people on multiplayer at 9 EST but no one showed up, i got lonely :( Was everyone busy or something? Or is 9 EST becoming a bad time for people? I sure hope its the former.
Anyways, ive been busy unlocking stuff on the treasure hunt. Almost done with Palutena's, just about 20 more to go, a little over half way done with Viridi's, and only about 1/4th of the way done on Hades. Man, Hades' things are hard.... One of the items is to complete all chapters on intensity 9, i mean come on, thats definitely not gonna happen for awhile...
Well i hope people show up for multiplayer tomorrow!

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-03-31 22:10:56 Reply

At 3/30/12 09:36 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 3/30/12 05:39 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

The crisis mode ones are always hard no matter what intensity youre on, because youre forced to get to that low health, and then you have to start dodging everything while attacking or youre dead, and you have to kill them quickly enough before you get that little bit of health back, or you have to get hit again to go back to crisis mode

SPOILERS: I have one crisis mode victory against Pyrous (or whatever his name is) when he got taken over by the Aurum. He was hard as balls since he has that stupid attack you need the jump pad for. I was panicking but then I finally beat him.

I hate clubs. I hate them so much. I hate how you can't even have a very weak continuous fire instead of no fire at all. I was trying to get the achievement to beat level 4 on 5.0 or higher with a club. I was doing fine up until the boss when I couldn't hit his weak spot (his eyes) since the Hewdraw club has a terrible charged shot. So I end up dying twice and winning barely on 3.0.

---------
Hey, where was everyone today? i was waiting for people on multiplayer at 9 EST but no one showed up, i got lonely :( Was everyone busy or something? Or is 9 EST becoming a bad time for people? I sure hope its the former.

I was at a school musical that day. I was here today though. I don't know if you noticed, but I ranked up the CPU difficutly to 9 in one round. That's why they creamed us.

I just beat level 18. What the hell. The plot twists are so awesome, yet so stupid at the same time. SPOILERS: Atleast Magnus came back.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-01 02:18:23 Reply

At 3/31/12 10:10 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: SPOILERS: I have one crisis mode victory against Pyrous (or whatever his name is) when he got taken over by the Aurum. He was hard as balls since he has that stupid attack you need the jump pad for. I was panicking but then I finally beat him.

Yeah, that one is pretty hard(Pyrrhon btw), i struggled against it too. I also defeated the boss on level 19 on crisis mode, but that boss is easier as you'll find out. Its starting to become easier now that ive done it twice now, i can now pick out specific weapons and powers that i know will help me, like temporary invincibility and weapons with an in-peril autododge stat.

I hate clubs. I hate them so much. I hate how you can't even have a very weak continuous fire instead of no fire at all. I was trying to get the achievement to beat level 4 on 5.0 or higher with a club. I was doing fine up until the boss when I couldn't hit his weak spot (his eyes) since the Hewdraw club has a terrible charged shot. So I end up dying twice and winning barely on 3.0.

Well if you had trouble with the hewdraw club, just try using a different shot that has a better charged shot? i believed i used an ogre club, it has a much bigger charged shot radius, so that made it easier. Also, that particular boss? you can also attack his feet, theyre also weak, so that might help.
Also, clubs do have a continuous attack, its just not a ranged attack, its melee. And you know how clubs can deflect shots in the air? im not entirely sure, but i think they might be able to do the same on land. havent been able to try that out yet though, so i may be wrong

I was at a school musical that day. I was here today though. I don't know if you noticed, but I ranked up the CPU difficutly to 9 in one round. That's why they creamed us.

Wow no wonder, i was wondering what the hell happened. I didnt even know you could change the CPU difficulty, i'll have to check that out sometime. Im guessing thats also what happened those 2 times we won and didnt even get hurt, right?

I just beat level 18. What the hell. The plot twists are so awesome, yet so stupid at the same time. SPOILERS: Atleast Magnus came back.

Yeah, wasnt that so weird? I was not expecting that at all! dont worry though, it'll all get explained in the upcoming chapters. I liked playing as Magnus though, that was fun. If you like Dark Pit like i do, you can look forward to chapter 22 (erm, spoilers, i guess)
Oh and i guess by now youve gotten Viridi's treasure hunt?(ugh, spoilers). You've probably guessed, but the challenges there are a little harder than Palutena's. Still though, nothing that should be too hard yet. Im still working on it myself, so...yeah
I also like Viridi's temple...place....better than Palutena's, but thats just me
-------
Finally got all the weapons! and i only got a stupid idol because of it. anyways, now that i have at least one of each of every weapon, i can focus on actually trying to get good weapons through fusion. Before i was just fusing to get weapons i didnt have, not caring about the stats. Now i can actually worry about that and start looking for good fusions.
And i can also get back to trying to actually do treasure hunt achievements