00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread

15,669 Views | 191 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-03 18:27:08

Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to multiplayer tonight most likely... :(
I'll try but no guarantees.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-03 20:07:53

At 4/3/12 04:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I beat the game, I liked the plot twist with a past character. i still wished there were more Magnus moments.

yeah me too, he only appears twice in the game. Magnus is a pretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of anything.
Oh and congrats for beating the game!
I kinda also was waiting for a final showdown with Dark Pit, but it never happened. i was saddened by this.
Oh, and since youve beaten the game now BB, tell me, which Menu place do you like better, Viridi's or Palutena's? if you go into the hidden options under Options(which youve now unlocked), you can select which one you liked better. Me personally, i like Viridi's better, but thats just me and my nature loving ways. You can also turn off the dialogue if its started to annoy you. Oh, and go ahead and try Boss Battle if you havent, its set up almost exactly like it is in Brawl

I was waiting for a bit, and I saw you get on at around 9:00. You suddenly went off line though, so I waited, but then decided to finish the game instead.

yeah, i saw you were in multiplayer, and i tried to join you, but when i got there, there was no room set up, so i set one up and waited, but noone came.

I've offered 3000 to Palutena, and 1700 to Viridi. I'm guessing if anything you need to donate 9 999 999 to get something. That's the max.

Im still curious as to if it even does anything. It clearly says theres no reward before it lets you offer hearts, but that cant be true. I mean, why would they even put it in there at all then?

Nintendo isnt trolling us, are they?
I have 148. That means all the major characters, including Palutena's forces, unaffiliated people like Magnus and Poseidon, all the bosses, all enemies, so Underworld, forces of nature, the Aurum, chaos vortex, items, stages, all the weapons, and maybe a few random ones.

Hmm....good point....theres quite a lot then....this could take longer than i thought.

At 4/3/12 06:27 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to multiplayer tonight most likely... :(
I'll try but no guarantees.

Well just try your best. If you dont make it, we'll understand

---------
Still working on achievements......damn Hades, with all his hard achievements and whatnot, grumble grumble grumble....
I have a crap ton of extra weapons, but i cant figure out what weapons i want to fuse them into yet. The weapons i normally use are already pretty good, so i havent really a need to fuse for new ones yet. I guess i'll just fuse them into better versions of weapons that i have that arent so good....i guess...
How many powers has everyone gotten? ive completed 85% of that Power Portrait, and from the looks of it, ive got 9 more powers to unlock/get. Boy this is exciting!
Anyone been using their Spotpass Gems? They gave a set of Tiger Claws a few days ago that had a rating of over 300, but its costly to convert into hearts. Im just waiting till i get more so i can fuse them. Man, the gems they give over spotpass, they can result in some awesome weapon fusions! I havent gotten any gems through Streetpass yet though, seems no one in my area has bought the game.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-04 16:01:40

At 4/3/12 08:07 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 4/3/12 04:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

I've offered 3000 to Palutena, and 1700 to Viridi. I'm guessing if anything you need to donate 9 999 999 to get something. That's the max.
Im still curious as to if it even does anything. It clearly says theres no reward before it lets you offer hearts, but that cant be true. I mean, why would they even put it in there at all then?
Nintendo isnt trolling us, are they?

I've offered a stupid amount by now. 61000 to be exact. It was by chance that I noticed that the goddess you are using walks a bit towards you when you donate hearts. Palutena has gotten about half way towards me now. I'm using all my hearts for this now.

Also, I hate tempura Wizards.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-04 21:23:03

At 4/4/12 04:01 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I've offered a stupid amount by now. 61000 to be exact. It was by chance that I noticed that the goddess you are using walks a bit towards you when you donate hearts. Palutena has gotten about half way towards me now. I'm using all my hearts for this now.

Wow, tell me how that goes, i'd love to know if something actually happens, so then i can start donating more. Im saving up until i get 300,000 right now for an achievement, so i cant really waste any hearts.

Also, I hate tempura Wizards.

Good god so do I. Theyre so much worse than Eggplant Wizards. At least Eggplant Wizards leave you alone after turning you into one, Tempura Wizards come after you with the intent on eating you, which is an insta kill.
I also hate Mimicuties with a burning passion. They do way too much damage to you, and can just about home in on you with one of their 2 attacks. At least sometimes they'll leave behind an item when you defeat them
---------
No multiplayer tonight? aww...=( Oh well, maybe tomorrow
Something that has been bugging me a bit is that the bosses dont have health bars. This normally wouldnt matter to me, but for the achievements that have you beating them in crisis mode. It would be nice to know when i should stop attacking, and start purposefully getting hit to get down to crisis mode so that i can start attacking again. More than once ive overstepped myself and defeated them before I could start getting purposefully hit because i had no clue how much health they had left. I cant just immediately let myself get down to crisis mode right from the get go, that would be a little too dangerous, i like getting some hits while having a good amount of health first, and then waiting till im in crisis mode.
Something tells me this is going to be one of those games for me that im never going to quite get 100% completion, but im going to get ever so close to it...

Achievements, achievements, achievements.....they rule my life....

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-04 21:42:42

At 4/4/12 09:31 PM, tyler2513 wrote: My Mom said after school tommorow she'll buy me this game if I promise to get a job. So I'll know what you guys are speaking of in due time.

Yes you shall. I need to talk to someone other than Leo and Sephy (no offense).

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-04 22:50:44

At 4/4/12 09:42 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 4/4/12 09:31 PM, tyler2513 wrote: My Mom said after school tommorow she'll buy me this game if I promise to get a job. So I'll know what you guys are speaking of in due time.

Heh, no offense taken, I feel the same. Looking forward to chatting the game up with ya, Tyler!

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-05 17:57:47

At 4/4/12 09:42 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I need to talk to someone other than Leo and Sephy (no offense).

What, am I not good enough...?
Dammit...

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-05 21:23:22

At 4/4/12 09:42 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

OO OO PICK ME PICK ME................. cuz I just got the game :3

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-05 21:38:47

At 4/5/12 05:57 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: ...
Dammit...

of course youre good enough Sephy, i didnt mean that at all! I cant speak for BB though

At 4/5/12 09:20 PM, tyler2513 wrote: This is such an amazing game! Such a fortunate change from the previous installments, I've been trying to fly through the game but I'm still slowly adapting to it and I'm battling Twinbellows with bad luck so far. I hope all the ground missions are as cool as the one I just completed because it was such a great experience. I might come back here after I've moved on to the next chapter.

Man, you are in for a treat, the game is so much fun and has quite a few plot twists. I wont spoil anything, so have fun!

At 4/5/12 09:23 PM, Abuyaqoub wrote: OO OO PICK ME PICK ME................. cuz I just got the game :3

Awesome! how you enjoying it so far? and how far have you gotten?

--------
No multiplayer again tonight? :( Sephy, i saw you were on, so i was waiting for you, but you never came.
Still havent gotten those special AR cards from Nintendo yet, starting to wonder if theyre even coming at all....
Almost done with Palutena's treasure hunt, only got about 9 achievements left! One of them involves streetpass though, so i'll probably have to use a feather for that one.
Looking forward for Tyler and Abuya to be playing multiplayer! Once you guys feel that youre competent enough, Multiplayer has been set up to be every day at 9:00 pm EST!

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-05 23:35:49

At 4/5/12 09:38 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 4/5/12 05:57 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: ...
Dammit...
of course youre good enough Sephy, i didnt mean that at all! I cant speak for BB though

I didn't mean that either.

At 4/5/12 09:20 PM, tyler2513 wrote: This is such an amazing game! Such a fortunate change from the previous installments, I've been trying to fly through the game but I'm still slowly adapting to it and I'm battling Twinbellows with bad luck so far. I hope all the ground missions are as cool as the one I just completed because it was such a great experience. I might come back here after I've moved on to the next chapter.
Man, you are in for a treat, the game is so much fun and has quite a few plot twists. I wont spoil anything, so have fun!

If you're on the first level still, get ready for some hard as balls, super fun levels. I hope SORA does the next Smash Bros as well as they did this game.

At 4/5/12 09:23 PM, Abuyaqoub wrote: OO OO PICK ME PICK ME................. cuz I just got the game :3

Yes, where are you?

--------
No multiplayer again tonight? :( Sephy, i saw you were on, so i was waiting for you, but you never came.

I might come every second night. I just want a night to get some stuff done. I will be away this weekend though, so see you guys next week.

Almost done with Palutena's treasure hunt, only got about 9 achievements left! One of them involves streetpass though, so i'll probably have to use a feather for that one.

I'm slowly edging along. I hate crisis mode ones. They suck.

I have donated 74000 hearts to Palutena. Apparently some guy beat all levels on 9.0 (the reward being 9 999 999 hearts or whatever the max is) and donated it all. There is some debate over whether it provides more dialogue (which makes sense, since it would you and Palutena "closer") but I might just be wasting my time.

Also, why on earth was'nt Spotpass automatically activated for this game!?

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-05 23:40:33

No spoilers, but I beat the game today. The final battle was fantastic, I had friends crowding over my shoulder at lunch break in school, but did anybody else feel the story wasn't properly concluded? There's a lot of main characters that I feel didn't get any sort of resolution. In the interest of not spoiling anything, I can't go into much detail, but I would have to agree that the plot is resolved rather weakly. Other than that, I think everything about this game is either done well or fantastically. Now I ought to try out multiplayer.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-06 00:23:30

At 4/5/12 11:35 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I might come every second night. I just want a night to get some stuff done. I will be away this weekend though, so see you guys next week.

Ah ok. that clears things up. See ya next week then

I'm slowly edging along. I hate crisis mode ones. They suck.

Good god do they. I'll give you a tip, try using weapons that either have an in-peril auto-dodge modifier or an in-peril attack boost modifier, they'll help

I have donated 74000 hearts to Palutena. Apparently some guy beat all levels on 9.0 (the reward being 9 999 999 hearts or whatever the max is) and donated it all. There is some debate over whether it provides more dialogue (which makes sense, since it would you and Palutena "closer") but I might just be wasting my time.

That would be pretty interesting, i kinda hope it does. Thats some reward for beating all levels on 9.0 intensity though....

Also, why on earth was'nt Spotpass automatically activated for this game!?

Yeah, weird isnt it? you have to go into the options and activate it yourself. does this mean you havent been getting spotpass weapon gems?

At 4/5/12 11:40 PM, Gustavos wrote: No spoilers, but I beat the game today. The final battle was fantastic, I had friends crowding over my shoulder at lunch break in school, but did anybody else feel the story wasn't properly concluded? There's a lot of main characters that I feel didn't get any sort of resolution. In the interest of not spoiling anything, I can't go into much detail, but I would have to agree that the plot is resolved rather weakly. Other than that, I think everything about this game is either done well or fantastically. Now I ought to try out multiplayer.

Yeah, I feel like Dark Pit didnt get a good resolution, i wouldve liked one final battle with him or something. I also wouldve liked at least one more appearance from Poseidon, he only appears in one level. A little more back story on Magnus wouldve been nice too.
As for multiplayer, join us daily at 9:00pm EST! Its tons of fun!

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-07 00:21:28

At 4/5/12 09:23 PM, Abuyaqoub wrote:: : : OO OO PICK ME PICK ME................. cuz I just got the game :3
Yes, where are you?

I got the game just yesterday and I wanna enjoy every bit of it >.< im only on level 3, but thats because I keep playing the same level over and over until I beat it at the hardest difficulty and get everything in that level :3 im still trying to beat level 2 though, I beat it on 8 the first time. I died only once. its truly an amazing game. me and leo just played online. it was awesome to know that even know he always kicked my ass in mario kart, I was the one kicking his ass in kid icarus XD I kept getting first place the whole time except for only once :p I sucked bad only in one of the times. we played like 10 games. I believe that this game could be perfected if put on the wii. the online is almost perfect. its only missing some features, like being able to speak to other players and well..... I think thats pretty much it. I would just like to gloat every time I smash leo with my weapon :3

as for the game itself, it has a HUGE variety, even though each weapon pratically does the same thing, they all still have that unique touch to it, and I love how every weapon is different in features. the fusion of weapons is just uncalled for, and by that I mean the game is already amazing, must you make it even better >.< lets just say this game is so amazing its hard for me to go back to regular ds games :/

I feel as though this game grabbed the best features of all games and put them together. sin and punishment(shooting in mid air, ssbb (well, they mention it in the game), metroid the other m (the way you dodge and shoot), fusion of weapons reminds me of shinigami devil survivor (u fuse demons), the eggs remind me of zelda minish caps (figurine collecting with seashells). theres probably so much more in the game taken from other games, but non the less it makes this game all the more amazing. I just love this game so much. to me, 10/10

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-08 00:34:24

At 4/7/12 12:21 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote: me and leo just played online. it was awesome to know that even know he always kicked my ass in mario kart, I was the one kicking his ass in kid icarus XD I kept getting first place the whole time except for only once :p I sucked bad only in one of the times. we played like 10 games. I would just like to gloat every time I smash leo with my weapon :3

First off, that was only because you had an awesome weapon with amazing stats, none of my weapons couldnt quite match up. Second off, you didnt win quite every time, i'd say you won 70% of the time.
Also, youre gonna have to familiarize yourself with more than just one weapon if youre gonna play light vs dark, otherwise when you become the angel, youre gonna have trouble, like you did a few times in the matches. Also, you cant quite say youre better till youve beaten me with more than just one weapon.

sorry, gloating really pisses me off. i mean, i never gloated when i beat you in MK7, did i?

---

as for the game itself, it has a HUGE variety, even though each weapon pratically does the same thing, they all still have that unique touch to it, and I love how every weapon is different in features. the fusion of weapons is just uncalled for, and by that I mean the game is already amazing, must you make it even better >.<

Yeah, it is quite amazing isnt it. I just love all the different weapons and how unique they all are. I still have fun playing the same level over and over using different weapons each time, and its a slightly different experience each time.
------
Still looking forward to playing multiplayer with everyone, even you Abuya, its always so much fun. Oh and Abuya, are you not able to make the 9:00pm EST time? whenever i see you on, its been at 10:00pm EST, i mean thats when we played multiplayer with each other, so i didnt know.
Treasure Hunt, Treasure Hunt, Treasure Hunt.......still working on the achievements.
I have been going back through each level and completing them on higher difficulties. So far ive been working on 7.0 difficulty. One day i hope to have all levels completed at 9.0, but that probably wont be for awhile. This is really just so i can get better rewards, mainly stronger weapons for fusion. One day, i'll create the Ultimate Weapon! :P

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-08 02:00:53

Also, youre gonna have to familiarize yourself with more than just one weapon if youre gonna play light vs dark, otherwise when you become the angel, youre gonna have trouble, like you did a few times in the matches.

I only keep one good weapon with me at a time, but I keep fusing everytime I get a new weapon. first I fuse all the weak ones till I make a strong one and fuse that one with the one I currently have to make an even better weapon. so only reason y I played with one weapon was because I only had one weapon. ryt after we played I fused the weapons I got and made a different one. so dont wry, im used to different weapons

sorry, gloating really pisses me off. i mean, i never gloated when i beat you in MK7, did i?

sry, I didnt mean to gloat, I was just happy that I won :p didnt mean to piss u off :3

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-08 16:45:53

Nice sig Leo, I was just about to post it in with my other favourite quote.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT:

What are everyone's favourite quotes so far? Mine is : Pit: "Hey look! An Exo tank!" Hades: "Hey look! Who cares!?".

This game had phenomenal writing, it was so cheesy it was awesome. I wish Nintendo would embrace voice acting more often.

Here are my comments on the story. I didn't really like the way it ended. I liked how you had the three biggest armies join together to defeat the Aurum, but I didn't like how you ended up killing Hades at the end. I was hoping for a more momentary screw over his soul operation, not completely annihilating him.

I did like the chaos dimension, it added some variety, but I hated how Uprising created all these awesome characters and concepts, yet didn't spend more than a chapter on each of them. Magnus was only introduced for chapter 18 so Pit could escape the ring, but he was so interesting, I wanted to fight alongside him more. I felt the same way about Dark Pit as well.

I'm not too well versed in Greek mythology, but I do know Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were all brothers, and that upon killing their dad (the only god at the time) they received the powers of light, water, and death respectfully. After that, they mated with humans to create new gods, and people like Pit would be descendants of Zeus.

I would have really liked a story line involving a three way brother war, with Zeus too weak to lead his army, leaving Palutena lead his army. Just my thoughts.

Also, what boss was everyone's favourite? I personally like Hewdraw (for his voice acting), the Great Reaper (for his design), and Arlon.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-08 22:30:53

At 4/8/12 02:00 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote: I only keep one good weapon with me at a time, but I keep fusing everytime I get a new weapon. first I fuse all the weak ones till I make a strong one and fuse that one with the one I currently have to make an even better weapon. so only reason y I played with one weapon was because I only had one weapon. ryt after we played I fused the weapons I got and made a different one. so dont wry, im used to different weapons

Wow, thats actually a pretty good strategy. only downside is it doesnt leave you with many weapons to choose from when battling
Me personally i just like having at least one of every weapon, that way i always have a choice. Plus each of the different weapons have different innate abilities

At 4/8/12 04:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Nice sig Leo, I was just about to post it in with my other favourite quote.

Aw, thanks

What are everyone's favourite quotes so far? Mine is : Pit: "Hey look! An Exo tank!" Hades: "Hey look! Who cares!?".

Well, obviously mine is: "What? I cant hear you over all this AWESOME!" from Pyrrhon. I also liked this one: Palutena: "What would the Chariot Master be doing with an Exo Tank?" Pit: "Maybe he's a gear head!" Hades: "Or a nerd!"
I just really like how they break the fourth wall so much. I know thats usually a bad thing, but they do it quite successfully here.

This game had phenomenal writing, it was so cheesy it was awesome. I wish Nintendo would embrace voice acting more often.

So do i, i just loved all the dialogue. Half the time it was what made me want to progress further on, just to hear what they were gonna say.

Here are my comments on the story. I didn't really like the way it ended. I liked how you had the three biggest armies join together to defeat the Aurum, but I didn't like how you ended up killing Hades at the end. I was hoping for a more momentary screw over his soul operation, not completely annihilating him.

Yeah, i liked the Aurum battles too, but i kinda felt like it wasnt entirely necessary. I felt like if you took those 3 chapters out, the story still would have worked fine. And with the battle with Hades at the end, well, how else were you supposed stop him?

I did like the chaos dimension, it added some variety, but I hated how Uprising created all these awesome characters and concepts, yet didn't spend more than a chapter on each of them. Magnus was only introduced for chapter 18 so Pit could escape the ring, but he was so interesting, I wanted to fight alongside him more. I felt the same way about Dark Pit as well.

Yeah, i really wanted to see more of Dark Pit. Ive said this before and i'll say it again, but i feel like there wasnt good closure between Pit and Dark Pit. I really wanted to see a final battle between the two, and it never happened. The last thing you see with Dark Pit is Viridi taking him to her temple. I also wanted to see more of Poseidon. Hell, if it meant he got another chapter, i wouldnt have minded fighting against his forces for whatever reason. The only thing with Magnus that i wanted to know more about was his history with Dark Lord Gaol. I suppose more interaction with him wouldve been nice as well.

I'm not too well versed in Greek mythology, but I do know Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were all brothers, and that upon killing their dad (the only god at the time) they received the powers of light, water, and death respectfully. After that, they mated with humans to create new gods, and people like Pit would be descendants of Zeus.

Their father was actually a Titan, not a god. Otherwise youre correct.

I would have really liked a story line involving a three way brother war, with Zeus too weak to lead his army, leaving Palutena lead his army. Just my thoughts.

Ehh, I dont know if Zeus would have been such a good idea, I feel like if Zeus got involved, he would just go over Palutena's head and there would be no need for Palutena. What you suggested wouldve been good though, but still, i feel like Zeus just wouldnt have been a good fit

Also, what boss was everyone's favourite? I personally like Hewdraw (for his voice acting), the Great Reaper (for his design), and Arlon.

My favorite boss has to be either The Phoenix, or The Chariot Master. The Phoenix just cuz i like legendary beasts, and The Chariot Master just cuz he seems so bad ass
--------
Ok, i gotta ask, who is your favorite God/Goddess? Mine has gotta be Viridi. She's just so cocky and sure of herself, it makes for quite witty conversations. Its interesting to see her and Hades converse, since Hades is pretty much the same as her, if not more so.
Finally got my AR cards from Nintendo today. I dont know how your Great Reaper managed to beat everyone BB, mine lost to both of the other 2 cards it came with, Drill Arm and Palutena(Rare).
Also, did anyone else like playing as the dog as much as i did on chapter 18? I just had so much fun running around with the dog and whatnot, not having to worry about being attacked and all, not having to worry about getting tired, it was just bliss. Pure bliss.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 11:14:59

my favorite quote so far is
after palutena complements magnus "hey, if your chatting with your precious goddess, give her a message from me. tell her she's been sleeping on the job! my world is on the edge of collapse!" lady palutena "I take it back. this guys a jerk" -.-

I just love the way she quickly responded and changed her mind about him. this game may have some cheesy lines at times, but I really think its funny. and I love the way they talk during the game rather than have us wait until they finish

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 14:24:48

I found a good online database for AR cards. http://ar.essh.co/kid-icarus I scanned atleast 25 I didn't have before, and if you need an achievement or some quick cash, this should help.

I also forgot about the Chariot master. His voice acting reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_V0Oiwoarc this guy.

One thing I really wish the game had was a cutscene player. I don't like having to replay levels for a minute or two of footage.

I used my feathers for Viridi's and Palutena's puzzles, I evaluated the hardest remaining challenges and luckily the prizes were mostly music, which I really want.

What's you favourite music track? It's a three way tie between Magnus' theme, the air theme for the Reaper level, and the ground theme for the Reset bomb forest. A really great soundtrack, especially for a handheld. I wish Club Nintendo of America would give away the soundtrack like they're doing in Japan.

Anyways, this game was well worth my money, good contender for best 3DS game within launch year.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 17:02:57

After playing Kid Icarus: Uprising for 30 hours, my score is 8/10, or 9/10 by the standards of mainstream review websites. One of the best 3DS games yet, and a great comeback for a dormant franchise.

Favorite God: Viridi
Favorite Song: Magnus's Theme
Favorite Minor Character: Magnus
Favorite Weapon Type: Palms
Favorite Chapter: 17

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 19:47:48

alright so I got this game to see what all the fuss was about. From what I've played so far it is pretty good. I like the characters for the most part, although there were a few times where I wanted to duct tape Pit's mouth shut and Dark Pit has largely pissed me off so far. Although I guess in turn that makes beating his ass all the more enjoyable.
My favorite weapons so far are the palm ones. I think that's largely in part to the fact that they somewhat remind me of "God Hand." ( although far less epic in terms of moves )

I'll definitely be playing the multiplayer a lot that's for sure.

oh and the ar cards are an interesting distraction, but I don't see the point in buying them since you can just print em all off the computer, although then they're much thinner and of lower quality but I'm not complaining

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 20:59:26

I forgot to mention that Magnus is actually given a slight backstory in the form of in game dialogue. You simply need to play it on higher intensities during chapter 2. Apparently Gaol was in the same mercenary troop as him, and she got captured while scoping out the Underworld forces. She was brainwashed, and turned evil, so yeah.

I found another really great quote, in the form of a weapon conversation, when they fill up space by talking abotu your current weapon class.

Palutena: I see you're using a bow there Pit. They're well very rounded weapons.

Pit: Yeah, I even used one in that brawl.

Palutena: You were in a brawl?! Were you hurt?

Pit: Nope, it was a smash!

Palutena: I can't see you in a melee though.

Pit: That's because I wasn't...

I love all the videogame references. As of right now, my best weapon is an Aurum bow.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 21:50:06

I have my hopes for it just because I loved icarus as a child.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 00:45:37

At 4/9/12 02:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I found a good online database for AR cards. http://ar.essh.co/kid-icarus I scanned atleast 25 I didn't have before, and if you need an achievement or some quick cash, this should help.

wow, thanks!

One thing I really wish the game had was a cutscene player. I don't like having to replay levels for a minute or two of footage.

Yeah, that would be nice

I used my feathers for Viridi's and Palutena's puzzles, I evaluated the hardest remaining challenges and luckily the prizes were mostly music, which I really want.

i havent used my feathers yet, i like to achieve as many achievements as i can on my own that i know i can achieve, then use the feathers for anything thats left, if any

What's you favourite music track? It's a three way tie between Magnus' theme, the air theme for the Reaper level, and the ground theme for the Reset bomb forest. A really great soundtrack, especially for a handheld. I wish Club Nintendo of America would give away the soundtrack like they're doing in Japan.

Probably the chapter 15 music: Aurum Island. Either that, or chapter 16 music, Aurum Hive. They are just so catchy! Plus, thats just my kind of music

Anyways, this game was well worth my money, good contender for best 3DS game within launch year.

Oh most definitely

At 4/9/12 08:59 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I forgot to mention that Magnus is actually given a slight backstory in the form of in game dialogue. You simply need to play it on higher intensities during chapter 2. Apparently Gaol was in the same mercenary troop as him, and she got captured while scoping out the Underworld forces. She was brainwashed, and turned evil, so yeah.

Hmm, guess i'll have to do that. I played it at 7.4 though, do i need to go higher?

I found another really great quote, in the form of a weapon conversation, when they fill up space by talking abotu your current weapon class.

Yeah, i like all the different convos you can get about each type of weapon

I love all the videogame references. As of right now, my best weapon is an Aurum bow.

Oh man so do i, especially at chapter 22, when Pit likens the komaytos to metroids, and Viridi freaks out and tells him to shut up cuz that video game universe is in no way related to this one.
I also just fused and got an awesome Electroshock Arm, and it is kick-ass. Its one of my new main weapons. Probably one of my best too.
---------
Is no one playing multiplayer anymore, or is the time we've set up just too late for people?
Also, does anyone think the Space Kraken looks a little like an Octorok?

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 01:04:59

Is the multiplayer in this any good? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I just beat the singleplayer this weekend.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 02:52:25

At 4/10/12 01:04 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Is the multiplayer in this any good? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I just beat the singleplayer this weekend.

think of the first time you ever played super smash bros brawl....... its just like that.... and even better with people you know. wat makes it so great is the fact that its on the 3ds. the next gen hand held that can do so much more than the ds. I sometimes spend a minute fighitng against one opponent. me and leo just kept circling each other trying to hit one another. and the fact that you can equip items makes the thrill all the more exciting. trust me. you'll love it. and you dont need a human to play it. you can play against the computer. they really over did it with this game :)

nintendo fan since 97

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-11 00:10:20

Alright, good multiplayer session today! Me and BB rocked it in LvD.
Not much to say this time, ive been fusing my weaker weapons together over and over to get stronger weapons and to just have not so many weapons over all.
Also been trying to unlock some more music tracks. As ive been doing so, i had to redo level 15, the beginning of the Aurum chapters. As i was playing through, i noticed something i didnt notice before, another video game refrence: You know the main attackers of the Aurum, those triangular guys? well on the back of them is a triforce, a freaking white and green triforce. I cant believe i didnt catch this before.
So yeah, just a little update.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 15:29:35

Surprised how dead this thread is. I love this game. (But my left hand doesn't...)

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 15:54:05

At 4/12/12 03:29 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Surprised how dead this thread is. I love this game. (But my left hand doesn't...)

I wouldn't say it's dead. Someone posted in it yesterday. I found ever since I started using the included stand my hand is fine.

Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 17:40:29

I don't understand the people with hand pains. I consider my self more fragile than most and I don't use the stand and feel nothing. Now granted I don't sit down for several hours playing it at a time but I have had some decently long sessions with the game and still never felt a need to use the stand.

Also after trying the multiplayer im afraid to say im not the biggest fan of this game as a whole. The single player was fine but its not something I would play twice to be quite honest and the multiplayer felt very repetitive and kind of boring actually. I think im ready to put this game to rest already and go back to my 2nd playthrough of Tales of the Abyss 3D.

I'l give this game a 7/10.