At 11/13/11 11:26 AM, Dean wrote:
Even though I've been told it's not that great, I quite enjoyed the previous two Fable games and have been meaning to pick this up for quite some time now. It's not all that expensive to pick up now, so it might make a good suggestion if a family member is looking for something to get me.
Don't. Take it from a guy whose played it through and through. It sucks. Imagine the most dumbed down game with RPG elements you can think of and square it. That's Fable 3.
- Bosses may actually challenge you (although nothing that's to hard to beat given enough rolling and shooting magic)
- Good old Fable humor is still sharp tounged and witty. (although the gnomes can just be insulting and not funny at all)
-Weapons upgrade thing is a nice novelty but it's hard to get very different weapons. Considering it just picks the upgrades at random.
-Combat is ok, the finishing moves are entertaining. Although I find myself to easily spamming the roll move and shooting fireballs until dead.
- Simplified so hard even your grandmother could do this game. Not that great for people who expect something oh I don't know. Like, more complicated, diverse, interesting, FUN?? Yeah, you get to easily master all 3 combat skills. Get lvl 5 on Melee, Magic, and Ranged without even trying. Fuck specializing, you become a fucking God.
- Limited Spell selection. All the fun spells got turned into potions. True, it kept the game more "difficult" because no one could spam time spells. But dicking around with those spells and Conjuring the dead spells were fun. Now all we got are the elemental damaging ones? Lame. Dual wielding also loses it's luster after a while. Soon your just spamming Flame balls at enemies.
-You have to purchase ablities like buying a house or socializing out of chests now. Hell, why even socialize? There's no real reason to marry or even befriend anyone. Becuase guranteed most of all those "friends" will hate your guts in some way or another when you choose one option against them from when you become King.
-No personalization. It's not even Role Play anymore. Hell I think you Role play harder in Halo than you do in Fable 3. You have a name you can't change. You have a body type that you can't change besides being skinny or fat. Apart from the clothes and the now incredibly limited haristyles, it just becomes a hassle to change shit. It's easier just to say fuck it and go on. You just always feel that your that one person and can't change. Despite being slightly chubbier and having a different hairstyle.
-All weapons are Unique. That gets annoying. All the weapons have some kind of bonus on them and prerequisites you need to fullfill to get those bonuses. Me? I liked simply buying a plain old Master Cleaver and hacking away at bitches. No care for bonuses or anything. Now your stuck with sword or hammer, pistol or rifle. Oh, descisions, descisions.
- Final boss isn't very tough at all, at least puts up a fight but eh. And at the end. You feel no want to continue your game. There's just nothing to do. Despite the little quests they give you I find cutting through the same Bandits and the Same Bolverines and the Same Hollows boring to tears. No good quests left at all.
So, Right now, if it's like 30 bucks. I guess you should get it. It's got some sharp humor and funny quests and what not. If you like customizing clothes and just want something to play. Just don't expect a lot from the game play.