00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crypticfauna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

105,170 Views | 1,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 00:03:45

Well. I'm thoroughly bored with this game. I have to say, I'm more than a little disappointed. There were only three actual heists in the game, the story was a little boring and nowhere near as good as IV's, and the ending just kinda dropped off, and I just can't keep playing now that I've beaten it. With IV I kept playing for months, just dicking around, but I have no desire to do anything in singleplayer. Online has also gotten really boring as it seems it's just the same thing over and over. In the beginning of the game every mission is just steal this car, or kill these people and drive here, and even when I progressed a little bit I just ended up with more of the same. I don't care much for PvP so death matches and the like don't interest me and Survival always ends up with four people camping a few different spots. It's the same old formula that's been plaguing MMOs for years and I'm not impressed with how Rockstar handled this.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 01:47:01

At 10/27/13 12:03 AM, Valjylmyr wrote: Well. I'm thoroughly bored with this game. I have to say, I'm more than a little disappointed.

I think the hype just blew the walls out on this one. I was disappointed but at the same time it lived up to my expectations if that makes sense (of course it doesn't). Like it was okay, it did what it set out to do but it wasn't anything special and definitely not any kind of improvement over IV, LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption. So many things weight it down.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 04:44:47

At 10/27/13 12:03 AM, Valjylmyr wrote: Well. I'm thoroughly bored with this game.

Well supposedly they're going to be constantly (or every now and then) adding new things to Online, so maybe give yourself a break from it and when you come back there might be more content to grab and keep your attention.

I still haven't really played it much, just that one time with friends where I didn't really do too much so I can't form a proper opinion on it yet.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 08:33:37

I think V's mission givers were kind of lackluster. No one stood out like Little Jacob or Packie McReary or Yusuf Amir.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 10:22:56

At 10/27/13 08:33 AM, iMini wrote: I think V's mission givers were kind of lackluster. No one stood out like Little Jacob or Packie McReary or Yusuf Amir.

Yeah that's something I hadn't thought about, I always looked forward to going to mission from LJ to try and figure out what the fuck he was saying, and Packie with his family antics was always interesting. That is definitely something they were severely lacking in, however I've only just realised now so I can't say it took away from the experience as much. However it would have been a welcome addition.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 15:15:39

At 10/26/13 08:46 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Someone doesn't have a friends or a crew to play with...

Someone doesn't know I have friends in a crew to play with.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 16:34:28

At 10/27/13 03:15 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/26/13 08:46 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Someone doesn't have a friends or a crew to play with...
Someone doesn't know I have friends in a crew to play with.

You just gotta have some creativity if you're playing free-roam. Once my crew did a 4 on 4 cargobob battle and each one had cars attached to them under and made a challenge to see which cargobob would survive thousand feet in the air without getting blown up with sticky bombs. Don't leave just yet because there's not much of eventful stuff going on in the game. It's like a playground. You create your own games and activities.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 16:39:12

At 10/27/13 04:34 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: You just gotta have some creativity if you're playing free-roam. Once my crew did a 4 on 4 cargobob battle and each one had cars attached to them under and made a challenge to see which cargobob would survive thousand feet in the air without getting blown up with sticky bombs. Don't leave just yet because there's not much of eventful stuff going on in the game. It's like a playground. You create your own games and activities.

I have made my own games, I did a car surfing, this momentum game (how far you can go after a crash of like 30 m) and how long I could hold out in fort Zancudo before we all died, I guess you are right but nah it feels boring.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 16:48:57

At 10/27/13 08:33 AM, iMini wrote: I think V's mission givers were kind of lackluster. No one stood out like Little Jacob or Packie McReary or Yusuf Amir.

You can do heists with Packie if you meet him in the random strangers mission. He says that most of his family died and he moved to Los Santos for opportunities. He also says that Nico is gone.

Also guys, I have the Alien Vehicle on GTA: Online. If you want it just ask.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 17:32:23

At 10/27/13 04:48 PM, Boomstick wrote:

How'd you manage to get it? Care to share? :)

New tune: Yag

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 17:44:14

At 10/27/13 05:32 PM, Syztm wrote:

It's a simple process. Just jump into my car as a passenger and start a mission that requires 1-4 players and start it by yourself. Then you'll spawn in the car and just store it in your house/garage.

Just add me on my psn: Fight_Club_0

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-27 17:46:05

At 10/27/13 05:32 PM, Syztm wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxnRSxawyzw

Here's a video to help you out.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-28 16:51:58

I seached newgrounds in the join crew section of the social club and it gave me 5 options. which one's real?

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-30 20:56:53

What the hell is survival guys? Is it a zombie survival type dealy thing?

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-30 21:36:21

At 10/30/13 08:56 PM, darkjam wrote: What the hell is survival guys? Is it a zombie survival type dealy thing?

Waves of human enemies come at you in increasing difficulty.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-30 23:07:47

I finally decided after playing Online and doing a bunch of side missions to beat all the endings of GTA V. Amazing endings, every single one.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 09:20:06

Well this thread has finally slowed down, it was going up by several pages a day only a couple weeks ago.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 09:24:17

At 11/1/13 09:20 AM, Snuff wrote: Well this thread has finally slowed down, it was going up by several pages a day only a couple weeks ago.

I just put my copy up for sale last night.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 09:32:49

So, today I was at my friend's playing GTAO next to him in a private game on his wired internet, and I witnessed why this game seems so broken oftentimes. The rendered world is not constant. First, my friend poured gas and shot it. The gas went up in flames and disappeared for him. Then it appeared on my screen. I shot it and it ignited. That's nothing, though, compared to what happened next. I saw my friend drive up in a really fucked car, only it looked to be in far better condition on his screen. Here's where it gets crazy. When he drove the car, it drove like a great condition supercar. So, I get behind the wheel. It's like controlling a turtle surfing on wet ice. They controlled completely differently, yet it was the exact same car. Pic related. On a side note: smoking a redwood will put you out if you're on fire. The game can't handle both animations.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 12:31:43

At 11/1/13 09:32 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: On a side note: smoking a redwood will put you out if you're on fire. The game can't handle both animations.

Smoking can save your life? Who knew...

As for the rendered world stuff, I know GTA IV had a similar problem. For example, there were shopping carts that you could dick around with, move, jump on top of, that sort of shit. If you moved them around and jumped on or over them though, a nearby player wouldn't see your shopping cart, just you floating and leaping over nothing. So it might just be an issue R* can't seem to figure out properly.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 16:12:20

won't have that problem with rendering when the PC port comes out.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 16:55:12

At 11/1/13 09:32 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: On a side note: smoking a redwood will put you out if you're on fire. The game can't handle both animations.

GTA logic. I'm done.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-01 20:10:05

At 11/1/13 09:32 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: So, today I was at my friend's playing GTAO next to him in a private game on his wired internet, and I witnessed why this game seems so broken oftentimes. The rendered world is not constant. I saw my friend drive up in a really fucked car, only it looked to be in far better condition on his screen.

I remember doing similar with GTA IV's online with a friend of mine, it had a major problem with consistency, too. I don't remember if it was nearly to that extent, but it was still enough to be kind of ridiculous.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-02 19:53:54

i was playing and someone was trying to kill me with this and he keep to ground level still stooting at me and pulled out a pistol and headshoted him and took it.
i then went on top of a building and went idol for a bit and he found me and rocket luanchered me

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-02 19:59:31

At 11/2/13 07:53 PM, kazumazkan wrote: i was playing and someone was trying to kill me with this and he keep to ground level still stooting at me and pulled out a pistol and headshoted him and took it.
i then went on top of a building and went idol for a bit and he found me and rocket luanchered me

another one

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-02 22:24:51

SCORE!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-02 22:52:30

At 11/2/13 10:24 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: SCORE!

Umph.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-02 23:12:21

At 11/2/13 10:24 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: SCORE!

um yes congratulations for finding blank pocket up a skirt

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-04 05:47:44

Finaly buyed it and since i have played it i saw some bugs.

Reply to me if you saw some

What's up

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-11-04 08:25:09

At 11/4/13 05:47 AM, domagoj2013 wrote: Finaly buyed it and since i have played it i saw some bugs.

Reply to me if you saw some

Or you could just read the thread. Like half the posts since this game came out are about how it's a buggy mess.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature