00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dewoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

105,166 Views | 1,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-20 21:24:10

At 10/20/13 02:26 PM, Conal wrote: Is that it? Is the only problem heavy load? Are you fucking serious!?

there are bugs and software problems yes. but like I said they hould have done a closed beta testing to weed out most bugs beofre its launch. but unfortunately the damage has been done though we should be compensated. and there servers are SHIT which seriously need upgrades I get disconnected or it will take three tries to Cloud Save.

We did gross them over a billion dollars so far, have we not? Why haven't they fixed the problem!?

they're lazy assholes.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 03:57:48

If you both dislike Online so much don't fucking play it. And if you're still going to play it, at least do us the favour of keeping your whiny complaints out of this thread.

Anyway, I remembered I had my old 20GB HDD that I wiped before I changed to my 80GB, so I cracked that out and reinstalled GTA and played Online with a bunch of friends and had a blast. There were a couple of minor bugs, like Lamar being invisible for the first half of the initial cutscene, but that just made for an amusing sight. Other than that just the usual connection based issues which weren't a big deal.

Luckily my friends are all home and able to play every time I get home from work, so I imagine I'll probably get quite into this. Especially since I can play my character again whenever it is I get my 80GB HDD back (provided it doesn't get deleted), but I have faith that I've missed the worst of the bugs so that's no biggie, if it happens it happens it's fun enough for me to be bothered to start a new character.

I still don't really understand how it all works though, think I need to spend some time on my own just mucking about and figuring out the ropes.

Also fun game mode, do a Team deathmatch with a bunch of friends, have 1 person be a team and everyone else on another, then the guy on the single player team gets to use guns but the other team has to use melee weapons. It makes for some pretty hilarious chases through the streets.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 06:51:44

I think the reason people are loosing their characters is that they are being impatient.
I "lost" my first guy last week, but instead of getting on and making a new guy in the first slot, I just waited.
Low and Behold, the next day I was playing as him, Rank and All.
I imagine that when you make a new guy in the first slot, it overwrites the cloud saves Rockstar has.
Characters are not "Lost" considering the amount of saves there are, the only reason you don't have yours is that the save that Rockstar has on their servers of your character is getting SQUEEZED through the cables along with BILLIONS of other people's saves. So next time if your character is not there, get off and read a book or play single player. Patience is a virtue

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 08:51:33

the online is boring as shit, why do i have to do pointless repetitive missions just to get all the features?

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 11:40:18

At 10/21/13 08:51 AM, DeIirium wrote: the online is boring as shit, why do i have to do pointless repetitive missions just to get all the features?

What features exactly?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 12:00:03

At 10/21/13 11:40 AM, iMini wrote:
At 10/21/13 08:51 AM, DeIirium wrote: the online is boring as shit, why do i have to do pointless repetitive missions just to get all the features?
What features exactly?

You have to do a buttload of tutorials just to start playing online.. it's tedious especially if you've lost your character a dozen times.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 12:17:34

At 10/21/13 12:00 PM, simon wrote:
At 10/21/13 11:40 AM, iMini wrote:
What features exactly?
You have to do a buttload of tutorials just to start playing online.. it's tedious especially if you've lost your character a dozen times.

It's like an hour of tutorial? Less?

A tutorial is pretty much compulsary in everyone game in order ot start playing at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 16:30:37

At 10/21/13 04:21 PM, Conal wrote: Sweet, got to level 42 last night. I think it saved. Now I have Buzzard helicopter spawns.

At 10/20/13 04:51 PM, iMini wrote: Rockstar doesn't owe you shit, the dodgy multiplayer hasn't negatively affected your prior GTA experience. I haven't seen such self entitled fans in a long time. The MP will be fixed just fucking buckle up and prepare for a bumpy
ride for the next couple of weeks.
Yes, it does owe me. I spent hours upon hours of time which was made redundant. They didn't warn people, that's the main issue. There's a whole heap of other glitches which occur way more often than they should, such as people suddenly having to leave a mission. Their "Bad Sport" policy is also horribly put together.

They gave a fair warning, everyone knows that stuff is still going wrong in GTA Online, if you don't like it just fucking wait.

At 10/21/13 03:57 AM, Snuff wrote: If you both dislike Online so much don't fucking play it. And if you're still going to play it, at least do us the favour of keeping your whiny complaints out of this thread.
No. We deserve a working GTA Online, we paid for it.

No, you did not pay for GTA Online, you paid for GTA V. GTA Online is a seperate product.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html
"Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V."

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 17:09:06

The cloud is not saving my character's data, same goes for my crew. I know these problems are gonna take awhile to be taken care of but this is seriously disappointing and ruins the GTA experience. I thought Rockstar would take care of this in a more professional way. But now it's becoming a huge mess, and the patches so far is pissing a lot of people off which is not helping. I think GTAO is really fun, but these issues are really killing the mood.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 18:04:44

At 10/21/13 04:21 PM, Conal wrote:
They didn't warn people, that's the main issue.

This statement is upsetting me too much for me to ignore it because Rockstar had definitely said even before and immediately after multiplayer launched that they sold a fuckload more copies than they expected and shit was going to break.

If somebody goes "if you stick your tongue out at me, i'm going to electrocute you," and then you stick your tongue out and they electrocute you, then that's fair enough because you were just making sure they were telling the truth. If you stick your tongue out another 17 times to see if they'll keep electrocuting you instead of waiting for them to go "i'm done electrocuting you," then that's you fucking up.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 19:17:09

I hope this thing comes out on PC soon so I can finally play online and with a thinner herd.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 19:35:42

At 10/21/13 06:09 PM, Conal wrote:
At 10/21/13 06:04 PM, Jester wrote: This statement is upsetting me too much for me to ignore it because Rockstar had definitely said even before and immediately after multiplayer launched that they sold a fuckload more copies than they expected and shit was going to break.
I never saw that article.

If all the warning we would ever get came in the form of one Rockstar article then it's no wonder it took everyone by surprise. That warning wasn't good enough, we should have been warned in-game; so everyone actually being subjugated to these faults actually know about them.

Oh come on now, stop being so pedantic.

Rockstar issued a fair warning, once you saw there were issues you could have checked out any news regarding it on the Internet, if you didn't bother to take any initiative to find out what was going on when you saw that the servers were having trouble, that is your fault.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 20:22:34

And this is why I dont do Cloud servers. They're shit.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-21 21:03:01

cloud server is a piece of shit right now. I do hope they fix it. I had 100,000 in my bank and now it's gone because of it.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 00:46:28

Lost 5 levels again. Stuck in a perpetual reset to level 39, 64k. It saves your car purchases though, so I'm pimping a full garage of cars to sell for 100k each when this is sorted out.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 00:56:32

fucking servers kicking me out.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 04:00:54

At 10/21/13 04:21 PM, Conal wrote:
You might find that amusing, but other people don't find losing hours & hours of progress wiped away every time you log in without warning very amusing.
It seems like you don't play as often as some other people, so you probably don't care too much if you lose progress. I was going from 35 to 39 three times in a row. I'm level 42 now and I don't know if I will still be when I get back online.
That's the thing. You're a noob, you don't have much to lose in-game so you wouldn't understand other people's frustrations who play on it for hours on end and losing progress. That's the only reason you're not annoyed by this.
Okay, you can make do and play with dog turds in sand castles, but I want it to save progress.

You're such a whiny bitch holy shit just shut up and either play the fucking game or don't. Complaining about your problems over and over again isn't going to make them go away, so just wait until Rockstar fix the issues you're talking about and deal with losing your characters on your own.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 05:28:04

Oh great and micro transactions are disabled good fucking job rock star I expect this kind of shit from EA.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 07:32:29

the problem is its almost been a month and three patches later and they still haven't fixed half of the problems with multiplayer. You know how unprofessional that is? very they should have delayed the release date for the game or at least Online mode to address most of these issues.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 09:56:20

At 10/22/13 07:32 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the problem is its almost been a month and three patches later and they still haven't fixed half of the problems with multiplayer. You know how unprofessional that is? very they should have delayed the release date for the game or at least Online mode to address most of these issues.

I explained to you before that stress testing for 15 million players isn't something they can do, but you keep bitching about the same things every few hours. It's shitty that your game's not working but posting a complaint here every time something goes wrong for you is helping 0 people.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 10:09:00

Looks like this thread has almost degraded to bickering. Good job, Rockstar.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 12:36:57

At 10/22/13 07:14 AM, Conal wrote:
I've never lost my character. You make your point in a hostile way and didn't read what I said. You have no point, you clearly just felt like throwing around abuse at people frustrated. If you won't consider facts before you even start an argument then clearly you're being "a whiny bitch".

you complain too much don't do it

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 14:42:15

Seems I'm one of the few persons having hardly any trouble now. I've had some hiccups the first week but that was to be expected. So far I haven't lost my character or progress. Sucks there are still issues for other people, though.

New tune: Yag

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 15:58:15

At 10/22/13 02:42 PM, Syztm wrote: Seems I'm one of the few persons having hardly any trouble now. I've had some hiccups the first week but that was to be expected. So far I haven't lost my character or progress. Sucks there are still issues for other people, though.

Ditto, everything has been going very smoothly for me, except right now I've been waiting 10 minutes for The Los Santos Connection to load :( and just got kicked from it. So far my favorite mission has to be A Titan of a Job, it's easy with a sniper rifle and you get 5G for replays.

If anyone wants to do jobs Prinzy2 is my gamertag.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 18:48:32

At 10/22/13 10:09 AM, Jackho wrote: Good job, Rockstar.

hahahah

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 20:21:05

hey if I join someones mission who is rank 40 and I help complete it do I get the RP? because I need to rank up faster they made this shit to tedious when it comes to grinding.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 20:23:47

Rockstar cuts the pay of missions in Multiplayer. Now playing a mission you earned 5k the first time round will only give you 2.5k the second time round. http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/rockstar-cuts-gta-v-online-mission-payouts/

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 22:26:12

At 10/22/13 08:23 PM, J-Rex wrote: Rockstar cuts the pay of missions in Multiplayer. Now playing a mission you earned 5k the first time round will only give you 2.5k the second time round. http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/rockstar-cuts-gta-v-online-mission-payouts/

This is awful.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 22:31:45

At 10/22/13 10:26 PM, VivaLaDillon wrote:
At 10/22/13 08:23 PM, J-Rex wrote: Rockstar cuts the pay of missions in Multiplayer. Now playing a mission you earned 5k the first time round will only give you 2.5k the second time round. http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/rockstar-cuts-gta-v-online-mission-payouts/
This is awful.

Yeah but at least the update this came with also fixed vanish cars and such.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-10-22 22:36:33

At 10/22/13 10:32 PM, Conal wrote: Why would they do this? Why!?
Aright, I DID read the article. It does make sense. I guess I'm just bummed out because I like making money.

I don't blame you. I guess they figured it was way too easy for the people who actually got on but with the massive disappointment of online you think they would wait until everything worked properly before doing this.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature