00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Irene

15,014 Views | 352 Replies

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:16:11

At 8/25/11 12:15 PM, chiefindomer wrote: I live far enough from the water to where I'm not too worried about flooding. Although, I'm almost certain I'm going to end up losing power, it happens to me almost every time there is a slightly bad thunderstorm. I'll be keeping up with the weather news, checking for tornadoes. I've already had several tornado watches and warnings this year, I wouldn't be surprised if this hurricane causes more.

Dude, don't be ignorant to inland flooding. The ocean has nothing to do with it, it's the 6-12+ inches of rain you might get in a short period of time.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:18:47

At 8/25/11 12:16 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 8/25/11 12:15 PM, chiefindomer wrote: I live far enough from the water to where I'm not too worried about flooding. Although, I'm almost certain I'm going to end up losing power, it happens to me almost every time there is a slightly bad thunderstorm. I'll be keeping up with the weather news, checking for tornadoes. I've already had several tornado watches and warnings this year, I wouldn't be surprised if this hurricane causes more.
Dude, don't be ignorant to inland flooding. The ocean has nothing to do with it, it's the 6-12+ inches of rain you might get in a short period of time.

I am not worried myself, considering I live up on a hill, so the water will probably not reach my house as easily. However, I am still taking precautions. Just incase it does get that high.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:20:52

At 8/25/11 12:16 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Dude, don't be ignorant to inland flooding. The ocean has nothing to do with it, it's the 6-12+ inches of rain you might get in a short period of time.

I'll keep that in mind as well too then. It's just that I've never experienced any serious flooding, but I suppose with a hurricane I shouldn't rule it out. Thanks for the tip.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:33:37

At 8/25/11 12:20 PM, chiefindomer wrote: I'll keep that in mind as well too then. It's just that I've never experienced any serious flooding, but I suppose with a hurricane I shouldn't rule it out. Thanks for the tip.

During Hurricane Floyd I saw flooding and water in places I have never seen before. That was in 1999. This could be worse. Power outages maybe the biggest inconvenience for most people. If your grocery store doesn't have power for a week, uhg. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:36:08

ipod's fully charge.
Let it rain baby!

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:39:50

I live at the red dot. Fun, fun. Though we don't intend to leave unless it looks like the winds will still be over 100 mph when it gets here, because in our experience that's when the house starts coming apart. So help me god if I have to leave i'm smuggling my cats to wherever we go.

If my house is still here when it passes i'll try to post some pictures of the aftermath. I really really hope this isn't going to be as serious as people are expecting.

Hurricane Irene

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:45:55

i think the hurricane will start from Florida to Maine.

Having Peace is Fabulous

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:49:55

At 8/25/11 12:39 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I live at the red dot. Fun, fun. Though we don't intend to leave unless it looks like the winds will still be over 100 mph when it gets here, because in our experience that's when the house starts coming apart. So help me god if I have to leave i'm smuggling my cats to wherever we go.

If my house is still here when it passes i'll try to post some pictures of the aftermath. I really really hope this isn't going to be as serious as people are expecting.

Better hope Joe Bastardi, former Chief Long Range Forecaster at Accuweather, now with Weatherbell.com, is wrong when he called for Irene to be packing 150MPH winds as it passes NC.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:50:54

Gov. Christie has issued a State of Emergency for NJ (in advance of Irene)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 12:52:17

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:00:03

I go to college on the east coast of VA. Campus is being evacuated and we have to be off by noon tomorrow. I'm debating rather or not to go home (Roanoke, VA) or stay in town (Newport News, VA) and wit it out.

Suggestions, advice?

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:01:51

HAHAHA SWEDEN NEVER GET THESE HAHAHA

Hurricane Irene

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:03:21

At 8/25/11 01:00 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: I go to college on the east coast of VA. Campus is being evacuated and we have to be off by noon tomorrow. I'm debating rather or not to go home (Roanoke, VA) or stay in town (Newport News, VA) and wit it out.

Suggestions, advice?

You'll probably disregard what I think, but wisdom tells me it's not worth risking your neck and hide, as you'd be better off evacuating and taking what you can with you, rather than take a chance at flooding, debris, power outages and anything else that could potentially make things worse.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:10:06

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:10:58

Damn... kinda re-thinking traveling to northern NH this weekend. It seems like a better idea than staying 20 north of Boston.

Of course that's at a lakeside campground... so maybe not...

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:12:33

Oh wtf. Connecticut is in an extreme danger zone? Damn.

I enjoy rice.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:16:16

Stay safe people, if that thing is coming towards you, don't be a hero and get the fuck out of it.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:19:05

I live near Boston, in an area that has a high possibility of flooding and getting badly damaged due to winds. I fully intend on going to the beach when the hurricane hits, just to prove to Mother Nature that she doesn't have shit on me.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:20:11

At 8/25/11 01:17 PM, Alex616 wrote: So far so good over here in NYC just a small drizzle.

I almost hate to spoil your fun. almost.

sorry for double post Wade, don't murder me.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:31:54

It rained for about 10 minutes heavily, now everything is just light rain. Was a great time to listen to some Miles Davis for a change.
Good luck New Jersey.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:32:28

I might fly somewhere tmrw and avoid all this nonsense.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:36:39

I must go protect IFUN from this bitch of a hurricane zoomzoomzoom

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:37:21

At 8/25/11 01:32 PM, Luis wrote: I might fly somewhere tmrw and avoid all this nonsense.

Don't you live on the Newgrounds private jet?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:38:10

At 8/25/11 01:37 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/25/11 01:32 PM, Luis wrote: I might fly somewhere tmrw and avoid all this nonsense.
Don't you live on the Newgrounds private jet?

I always thought it was a zeppelin.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:38:45

Woah. The fact that things like this dont happen in England is the one thing that makes me thankful I live here.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:40:43

I live on Long Island......fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:55:31

First the earthquake and now Hurricane Irene.

We gon die, yo

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:56:37

At 8/25/11 01:55 PM, steph2568 wrote: First the earthquake and now Hurricane Irene.

We gon die, yo

Mother Nature is tired of your shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 13:59:54

Maryland just declared a State of Emergency, Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley to hold a press conference sometime this afternoon: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/loc al...te_of_emer.html

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-25 14:12:03

Damn, it looks like the centre of the storm is going to hit inland NJ.

lel

BBS Signature