00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TheShreme's Art Thread

936 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-11 15:34:46

Tell me what you think! Creative criticism only.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-18 21:58:52

Girl standing in flames. Criticism wanted and legs are not my strongest suit.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-18 22:37:32

Well, the flames don't look realistic, and shading it wouldn't hurt either. It adds dimension. I'd suggest drawing using photo references. It really helps with realism. Also, keep drawing. Just draw anything around you or whatever. You'll get better alot faster.

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 05:43:14

A Drawing i colored with PS CS5.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 06:40:33

Colored a drawing I did.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 14:19:41

The last thing I remember is....... Arggg! It hurts to even think. I am in a very old and abandoned town, windows smashed, doors adjacent even gone. No one is in sight. I found my self on a hill looking above the town. I know something isn't right about that place. It seems dark and even........evil. Something is pulling me to the town, an invisible force. Or it my just be my natural curiosity. Ether way i know this is the start of something big. God help me." -May 11 Quick drawing and story. Criticism plox?

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 14:33:56

At 6/19/11 05:43 AM, TheShreme wrote: A Drawing i colored with PS CS5.

Dem tay tays.

But really, you aren't half bad. You just need some work on body and facial anatomy.

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 14:39:59

I know im working on it. And yes Dem Tay Tays.

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 15:21:52

Right now, just keep at it, and keep practicing. Definetly check out Dynamic Posing which will give your piece a stronger composition.

this explains dynamic posing a bit.
http://destructorv1.deviantart.com/art/d ynamic-pose-tutorial-part-1-42506187

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-19 15:24:27

I'm looking at your drawings and I get the feeling you aren't sketching out your form before you go into the final lines and detail. It really helps to break things down into simple shapes to get proportions more accurate, placement, etc.

TheShreme's Art Thread

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-21 03:02:57

Putting up a picture later tried to work on hands, shading, posing, and correct body proportions.

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-21 03:05:41

all I see is really flat pieces, work on depth, proportions, shading, and something besides people.

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-21 14:11:24

tryed to work on hands and proportions.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-06-21 14:17:38

At 6/21/11 02:11 PM, TheShreme wrote: tryed to work on hands and proportions.

Those people look really stiff, and there poses seem pretty strange, the chick looks like shes about to crane kick someone. Also, that perspective that you have going back like that looks totally out of place for your characters.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-07-30 16:45:55

New Drawing. Tried to draw proportions, hands, and try to shade better.

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-08-03 18:51:17

Colored ^

TheShreme's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to TheShreme's Art Thread 2011-08-04 05:59:34

At 7/30/11 04:45 PM, TheShreme wrote: New Drawing. Tried to draw proportions, hands, and try to shade better.

First of all, I think it's great that you are trying to improve, wanting to get better is the first step to actually getting better. That said, you aren't really there yet proportion wise.
As other poeple suggested using a reference is a good idea; however, you need to know how to use it. When you look at a reference try to think in relative measures; shoulders on a woman are as wide as her hips, crotch is halfway between the ground and the top of the head, if your arms are hanging down your sides, the tips of your fingers reach to halfway your upper leg. There are plenty more of these rules, try to find them for yourself. When it comes to anatomy one of the best references you'll get is your own body. Try to attain the pose of your character, see if it is possible, look for relative measures.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature