00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

miaucchi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avat - Art Signups

13,532 Views | 186 Replies

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 19:19:56

@Toas: I think we should scrap the medallions for this, it isn't something that great. I added $30 to the store credit instead. I may think of some more rewards too to add in.

*'to add in too', sorry for the mistake. I think some more art rewards or something would be good.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 19:37:53

At 6/10/11 07:32 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
At 6/10/11 07:19 PM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
@Toas: I think we should scrap the medallions for this, it isn't something that great. I added $30 to the store credit instead. I may think of some more rewards too to add in.
*'to add in too', sorry for the mistake. I think some more art rewards or something would be good.
Is it possible to wipe me off the contest and make me a judge instead? If not, leave me and I'll compete.

I am sorry, I think it is best for you to compete. Far much enjoyable. Judging are for those who can not find time to compete.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 19:37:58

This contest is starting to get bigger. Awesome.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 19:50:48

1 more? Count me in!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 19:57:21

At 6/10/11 07:50 PM, Re2deemer wrote: 1 more? Count me in!

Judge or Artist?

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 20:02:32

For the magical rainbow-pooping side.

artist

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 20:08:02

I could join as judge.

Mkay?

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-10 20:17:54

Great. Sign up's closed. We will start the competition Saturday 4:00am Central Time, 11th of June. (Tomorrow).

The reason I am setting it early is because some people are not finding time. I will add an extra few days to the competition as well, for those who were told the 15th.

The competition will end Saturday 4:00am Central Time 2nd of July (3 weeks).

I will create a new thread in this forum at exactly 4:00am tomorrow, with the theme, rewards, etc.

Thank you

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 02:52:37

At 6/10/11 08:17 PM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
The competition will end Saturday 4:00am Central Time 2nd of July (3 weeks).
I will create a new thread in this forum at exactly 4:00am tomorrow, with the theme, rewards, etc.

This makes me moist.

"A great artist is just a crappy artist who was too stubborn to give up."

Art Dump / Artwork / Updates & News

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 05:30:23

Here is the entry thread:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1252 992

Thank you

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 05:40:42

i like the prizes
i agree with the choice of judges
i really like the theme

but 3 weeks for 1 round is good, but a bit long, considering theres 4 rounds its gunna be a long competition

also why is vividgrims art considered a prize, not trying to be mean, its a nice gesture but still....

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 05:57:47

At 6/11/11 05:40 AM, Ashman wrote: i like the prizes
i agree with the choice of judges
i really like the theme

but 3 weeks for 1 round is good, but a bit long, considering theres 4 rounds its gunna be a long competition

also why is vividgrims art considered a prize, not trying to be mean, its a nice gesture but still....

She offered to and I didn't want to decline. It all counts, but yes, I agree. It could get her into creating more art for Newgrounds too, so it will possibly help out the community.

And I made the first round 3 weeks because of the large amount people not finding very much time. But, the next rounds will all be 2 weeks.

I donated $30 to the store credit ..... just putting that out there, haha. I would've put in more, although I wanted to see where this tournament will go.

Thank you

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 06:34:33

Wait, so are you implying that we would use the same entry for both this competition and Robot Day? Because I'm seeing as us having to submit before July 2nd for this competition whilst Tom prefer us to submit Robot Day entires on the day, July 10th.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 07:03:57

At 6/11/11 06:34 AM, Kuoke wrote: Wait, so are you implying that we would use the same entry for both this competition and Robot Day? Because I'm seeing as us having to submit before July 2nd for this competition whilst Tom prefer us to submit Robot Day entires on the day, July 10th.

Good point. I think Tom will accept them being submitted on the 2nd, or we will have everyone post their art in the forum, before the 2nd, and then they can submit the art on the 10th to the portal. I think this is the best option.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 07:05:56

At 6/11/11 06:34 AM, Kuoke wrote: Wait, so are you implying that we would use the same entry for both this competition and Robot Day? Because I'm seeing as us having to submit before July 2nd for this competition whilst Tom prefer us to submit Robot Day entires on the day, July 10th.

Doesn't have to be, they're your entries.

The two entries could be totally independent of each other,
or the AVAT entry can be used to develop ideas for your Robot Day entry (eg. character concept for AVAT, dynamic scene for RD2011)
or you can submit something for AVAT as a sketch, then polish it off later for July the 10th.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 07:26:18

Doesn't have to be, they're your entries.

The two entries could be totally independent of each other,
or the AVAT entry can be used to develop ideas for your Robot Day entry (eg. character concept for AVAT, dynamic scene for RD2011)
or you can submit something for AVAT as a sketch, then polish it off later for July the 10th.

Yes, this sounds far more logical. Although we have the entry page for Tom as well which is only one click away, which will display around 60 pieces of art.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 11:45:59

Guess Ill be the first to post something then?

Avat - Art Signups

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 11:54:55

I am a little confused since you asked for one more judge and I offered to take over that part. You then said "Great. Sign up's closed.", but the art entry thread and your news post say otherwise and only name 9 judges.

I would just like to know how it's going to be now.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 18:57:25

At 6/11/11 01:30 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
At 6/11/11 11:45 AM, J-qb wrote: Guess Ill be the first to post something then?
I guess I'm posting why I wanted to be a judge.

Its shit.

It is not bad, you just have to spend longer on it, do not give up on something that could help improve your art. Add in more features, arms, background and shades and you will be laughing at how much better it will look.

@J-qb: Great work, it is looking nice already.

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 21:31:24

Blah, I'm insanely sad I somehow missed this thread completely.

If there's ever a spot for some raisin for an artist, PM meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 21:40:20

I would not mind joining this competition.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 21:45:16

At 6/11/11 09:40 PM, DistortedMachine wrote: I would not mind joining this competition.

I guess we could squeeze you two in. Best of luck with your work.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 23:15:02

Robots? Fucking robots? Shit!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-11 23:22:23

At 6/11/11 11:15 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Robots? Fucking robots? Shit!

It can vary between characters to robot over taking the world or whatever, you will think of something.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 02:55:32

sign me up

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 10:45:46

Thanks for counting with me, I would like to join into the competition.

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 18:39:42

At 6/11/11 07:17 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I don't HAVE 1000 dollars worth of art programs and art pads. Its hard without that stuff.

This is all i have to say to your sort... MS PAINT WITH A MOUSE ONLY - *NSFW*

Now... on to the topic at hand... seen as a bunch of people... *most of whom i never heard of* want to join after the orginal sign update... and you already let two people in... why would you say no to the next few?... and the ones after that... now since you have opened the bar a little... people will use that space if they need to now... you cant really undo it...

So you can either take back your words... and get people pissed off with you... keep it as it is.... and people get pissed off with you for not letting them join.... or let anyone join and a few people getting pissed off...

in the end... only X amount of artists are going to go through.... i seriously dont think all the "artists/users" who signed up will make anything at all... of course... i know a handful will make some lovely work... but some of these one post accounts doesn't seem legit to me... what ever you do, I'll give my honest unbiased view...

and how do you want us to vote?.... Via pm's to you?... or in this thread?...

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 19:00:38

and how do you want us to vote?.... Via pm's to you?... or in this thread?...

By pm. Have I told you how it works yet?

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 21:47:06

is this the thread where we post our wips?
i have been spending like 3 hours on this already, only to get the shapes right and the robot is still not how i want it. slowly getting in on the detail...

Avat - Art Signups

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Avat - Art Signups 2011-06-12 22:20:44

At 6/12/11 09:47 PM, Flowers10 wrote: is this the thread where we post our wips?
i have been spending like 3 hours on this already, only to get the shapes right and the robot is still not how i want it. slowly getting in on the detail...

Yes it is. And it is turning out quite well. Best of luck with it.