Be a Supporter!

Avat - Art Signups

  • 7,521 Views
  • 201 Replies
New Topic
Franckrodri
Franckrodri
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 02:24 AM

Yea man !!!
Count me in too

Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 02:42 AM

At 6/7/11 06:45 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 6/7/11 05:27 PM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
At 6/7/11 05:52 AM, Aigis wrote: I forgot to mention I will take part.
Great. We now have 43 people competing. I have pm'd a few more so hopefully they join.
I think theres a ton of people now; you can probably cut down the deadline.
Or maybe there should be a limit of 64 people or something (idk, something that would make a tournament board easier)
Not meaning to backseat-host or anything D:

No it is alright, everyone is allowed to express their opinion. Yes, I think we will let it just continue to the 15th, depending how many we get.

If we gather 80 artists or so, it will still work out, it will just be more artists to drop for the 2nd round.

I will get a chart ready for the 15th that shows how many people can make it to the 2nd and third round. A 'draw by division' as some people call it. I am actually surprised at the number of people who actually signed up.

Thank you very much everyone.

-SketchyEntertainment

Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 02:49 AM

Hell, why not.

Everybody else is doing it, so it'd be criminal for me to, you know, do the things I should be doing.


I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:01 AM

At 6/8/11 02:49 AM, Felis wrote: Hell, why not.

Everybody else is doing it, so it'd be criminal for me to, you know, do the things I should be doing.

Ha, no problem at all. You avoided a felony. Thank you for joining.

-SketchyEntertainment

iCleon
iCleon
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:08 AM

SIGN ME UP, MUDDA FUCKA. SIGN ME UPPPPPPP.


"A great artist is just a crappy artist who was too stubborn to give up."

Art Dump / Artwork / Updates & News

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:17 AM

since you got soooo many people, cant you have the first round cut it down to 32, then continue as it would at 16, then etc, basically add in another round

Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:21 AM

At 6/8/11 03:17 AM, Ashman wrote: since you got soooo many people, cant you have the first round cut it down to 32, then continue as it would at 16, then etc, basically add in another round

So you recommend 4 rounds?

iCleon
iCleon
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:24 AM

Wait, just to be clear: by "art" you meant animations, right?


"A great artist is just a crappy artist who was too stubborn to give up."

Art Dump / Artwork / Updates & News

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:25 AM

At 6/8/11 03:24 AM, iCleon wrote: Wait, just to be clear: by "art" you meant animations, right?

No, there will be no animations. I have to change my sig, sorry.

iCleon
iCleon
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 03:33 AM

At 6/8/11 03:25 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
At 6/8/11 03:24 AM, iCleon wrote: Wait, just to be clear: by "art" you meant animations, right?
No, there will be no animations. I have to change my sig, sorry.

Oh, okay. Was worried there for a second. Still getting to know flash.


"A great artist is just a crappy artist who was too stubborn to give up."

Art Dump / Artwork / Updates & News

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 07:25 AM

Does everyone think the theme should be given earlier, or leave it as it is?

It just seems to far away.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 07:28 AM

At 6/8/11 07:25 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: Does everyone think the theme should be given earlier, or leave it as it is?

leave it as it is


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 07:32 AM

At 6/8/11 03:21 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
At 6/8/11 03:17 AM, Ashman wrote: since you got soooo many people, cant you have the first round cut it down to 32, then continue as it would at 16, then etc, basically add in another round
So you recommend 4 rounds?

i would, it seems to me cutting down over 50 people down to 16 in the first round is a bit too much, if you did it down to 16 im sure youd have lots of people get through because of having the same score anyway

Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 07:53 AM

At 6/8/11 07:32 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 6/8/11 03:21 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote:
At 6/8/11 03:17 AM, Ashman wrote: since you got soooo many people, cant you have the first round cut it down to 32, then continue as it would at 16, then etc, basically add in another round
So you recommend 4 rounds?
i would, it seems to me cutting down over 50 people down to 16 in the first round is a bit too much, if you did it down to 16 im sure youd have lots of people get through because of having the same score anyway

But will people really want to go through 4 rounds? I guess this does work. Because the people keen on this competition will keep it up.

So it starts say 60, goes down to 30, to 16 to 8. This sounds better.

Thank you for all the help though, it is much appreciated.

We will stop at 64. It will then go to 44 in the second round, 22, third. This will then go down to the top 8 artists. They can drop out if they wish, or compete to win the title.

Everything will be announced on the 15th.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 08:16 AM

At 6/8/11 07:53 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: We will stop at 64. It will then go to 44 in the second round, 22, third. This will then go down to the top 8 artists. They can drop out if they wish, or compete to win the title.

... you mean 64 entrants in the first round, 32 entrants in the second, 16, ... 8, ... 4, ..., 2, right?


BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 08:43 AM

At 6/8/11 08:16 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 6/8/11 07:53 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: We will stop at 64. It will then go to 44 in the second round, 22, third. This will then go down to the top 8 artists. They can drop out if they wish, or compete to win the title.
... you mean 64 entrants in the first round, 32 entrants in the second, 16, ... 8, ... 4, ..., 2, right?

Oh, okay. No, I am not going to half it at first as too many participants are erased from the competition. But yes, it will then get halved.

Here is the actual list:

64, 42, 20, 8. Just so not too many people are kicked out too soon

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 09:04 AM

At 6/8/11 08:43 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: Here is the actual list:

64, 42, 20, 8. Just so not too many people are kicked out too soon

no that makes even less sense

everyone competes in the first round
this is then cut down to 32 for the second round
then 16 for the third
then 8 for the fourth and final round

dont put a limit on how many people can join the first round, thats a really bad idea, or at least i think so

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 53
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 01:16 PM

keep it simple... half the number each time... so if lets say 82 people join overall?...

82 - 41 - 20 - 10

keeping alot of people in at the start isn't worth it... drop out the weaker half each time...
untill you get to your final X amount of artists...

just my thoughts

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 05:12 PM

Damn sketch. I knew you made an art contest but i didn't know you used my contest name lol...
It's fine but i wish you would have told me.. Is this a branch off from AVAT or is this a separate thing with the same name?
Also if anyone wants to join the ANIMATION AVAT.
Check the Animation Forum..


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 05:29 PM

At 6/8/11 01:16 PM, LegolaSS wrote: keep it simple... half the number each time... so if lets say 82 people join overall?...

82 - 41 - 20 - 10

keeping alot of people in at the start isn't worth it... drop out the weaker half each time...
untill you get to your final X amount of artists...

just my thoughts

Alright, we will do this. I am so sorry I have made a mess of things in the past post. I will know what to do in future tournaments. Thank you.

So, 4 rounds

64 - 32 - 16 - 8, this sounds much better.

64 is just an estimate as of now. We only have 57 people as of now, so we may not reach it anyway.

@Jomillex: Yes, it is a branch. Next year (or whenever) I think I will change it from avat as many people are getting confused with this and the animation one.

-SketchyEntertainment

IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 06:25 PM

As I said a few hours ago, I'm in :D


be my fan... because.

Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 09:51 PM

Sounds like fun. I'd like to join, too.

All the cool kids are doing it.

.

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 01:46 AM

@IloveNantes: Yes, you are in, haha.

At 6/8/11 09:51 PM, Little-Eise wrote: Sounds like fun. I'd like to join, too.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Yes they are, ha. Thanks for joining.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 02:31 AM

wow, getting more people for this than I thought it would.
It'll be good exposure for the Art Forum.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 03:27 AM

At 6/9/11 02:31 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: wow, getting more people for this than I thought it would.
It'll be good exposure for the Art Forum.

This is more the reason I started up this tournament, I thought it would be something new for NG.

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 03:33 AM

Why not, I'm in. I need to stop being lazy anyway.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 04:03 AM

At 6/9/11 03:33 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Why not, I'm in. I need to stop being lazy anyway.

That would be great. Thank you.

Museismymuse
Museismymuse
  • Member since: May. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 05:26 AM

Sounds fun. I'm in. :)


"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others, and for the world, is and remains immortal." - Albert Pines

gween123
gween123
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 06:34 AM

ima doit. (for the sake of numbers and whatnot-


BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Avat - Art Signups Jun. 9th, 2011 @ 06:50 AM

I'll join.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature