00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,488 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 11:06:34

At 6/2/11 06:36 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 6/2/11 06:11 PM, rodrigoxius wrote: Ok... can you be more fuckin' capitalist? Anonymous aren't morons, they are fitghtin' for the good of everyone.
Do you realize the PSN was just down for a month? Whatever (bullshit) excuse they have for wanting to do this, they're really just kicking Sony while they're trying to get back up. And why? Because they're mad that Sony is trying to make the PS3 un-moddable? If you think that's a valid reason to want to attack someone, then you are a selfish moron.

TL;DR: Q.Q moar, hackers.

Yeah... guess you're right... whatever... It was a little bit stupid on my part to critic you with no som much subject knowledge .___.

Sorry... I guess...

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 11:13:14

At 6/2/11 06:36 PM, Chdonga wrote: Do you realize the PSN was just down for a month? Whatever (bullshit) excuse they have for wanting to do this, they're really just kicking Sony while they're trying to get back up. And why? Because they're mad that Sony is trying to make the PS3 un-moddable? If you think that's a valid reason to want to attack someone, then you are a selfish moron.

I just hope your not one of the people bitching when they take away any ownership after you purchase a console. Start thinking outside of the box and look at the bigger picture. It's about more then modding and I'm getting sick of people being blatantly ignorant to this fact.

As well how is that being selfish? Although it might be partially motivated by some selfishness, they're overall cause in the long run is going to benefit consumers. Again, I refer to the whole ownership thing.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 12:02:04

I managed to snag one game last night. It took me at least two hours to download Infamous. Wipeout HD looks fun, but I think me and my friends would have a lot more fun playing Dead Nation together.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 16:47:25

At 6/4/11 12:02 PM, Gustavos wrote: I managed to snag one game last night. It took me at least two hours to download Infamous. Wipeout HD looks fun, but I think me and my friends would have a lot more fun playing Dead Nation together.

Today it took me 5 hours to download LBP, started the download at 11:30 and it just finished about 15 minutes ago.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 17:20:08

I've never even seen Dead Nation gameplay, but I'm getting that.
And I am also getting inFamous, I'm not a big fan of Little Big Planet or the other two games that were available.

I think the PS Plus free 30 day subscription is a pointless waste, any game that is free will be unplayable after your 30 day subscription is over unless you re-up your PS Plus. And nothing on there seems to be worth any money, so eh...

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 17:35:25

At 6/4/11 08:57 AM, zooos wrote: I think that's pretty fucked up that they can't even get the Welcome Back Program right.

That tells the store you got the right to get a game, now pick the game you want, download will start automatically.

Hai guys, if your having trouble picking I recommend dead nation if you like twin stick shooter games and wipe-out HD + fury if you like mario kart but in the future and with lasers. Plus wipeout HD + fury is technically two games in one.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 17:39:24

I love the 30 day PS+. I got a ton of avatars and Themes. Plus I got a few Motorstorm DLC that were on sale because of PS+. It's also nice since I love playing PS1 games I been really wanting to play Oddworld but never wanted to spend $10 for it.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:08:48

At 6/4/11 05:39 PM, darkrchaos wrote: I love the 30 day PS+. I got a ton of avatars and Themes. Plus I got a few Motorstorm DLC that were on sale because of PS+. It's also nice since I love playing PS1 games I been really wanting to play Oddworld but never wanted to spend $10 for it.

Make sure you play it now. I'm pretty sure they free games expire after the 30 days. Which is news to me, not sure about you guys.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:10:18

At 6/4/11 06:08 PM, SineRider wrote: Make sure you play it now. I'm pretty sure they free games expire after the 30 days. Which is news to me, not sure about you guys.

Tis true. PSN warns you about it before you start a download. However they cannot revoke any discounts to SPEND SPEND SPEND!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:16:59

So, is the thread dead now?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:33:14

At 6/4/11 06:16 PM, unconsidered wrote: So, is the thread dead now?

It will be! Thus ending Quinnies most successful thread ever made.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:36:08

At 6/4/11 06:08 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 6/4/11 05:39 PM, darkrchaos wrote: I love the 30 day PS+. I got a ton of avatars and Themes. Plus I got a few Motorstorm DLC that were on sale because of PS+. It's also nice since I love playing PS1 games I been really wanting to play Oddworld but never wanted to spend $10 for it.
Make sure you play it now. I'm pretty sure they free games expire after the 30 days. Which is news to me, not sure about you guys.

Yes, the free games cannot be played once your PSN+ subscription is over. But they can be played again if you chose to renew your sub. This has always been like this, since day one of PSN+. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 18:43:36

At 6/4/11 06:36 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes, the free games cannot be played once your PSN+ subscription is over. But they can be played again if you chose to renew your sub. This has always been like this, since day one of PSN+. ;)

Ah okay. I'm not too familiar with the playstation plus thing. Good to know though. I kinda like the perks I get.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 19:11:42

They also let you keep themes and avatars. Which is sweet because I got the star wars dynamic theme. I don't like star wars but still it a pretty amazing theme.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 21:20:07

At 6/4/11 05:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: That tells the store you got the right to get a game, now pick the game you want, download will start automatically.

I'm sorry what does this have to do with anything? I understand how the welcome back program works, I already redeemed one game. My problem is that the first game I tried to redeem counted as one of the games I was allowed without even giving me the game(IE I picked Infamous, it said "thanks for purchasing" and the game did not start to download even though it told me I only had one game left to pick).

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 21:36:22

Seeing as Sony is offering an extra 3 months right now, there's no excuse for not getting the 12 month Plus subscription. You get plenty of free stuff to keep you happy, and there's a good bit of Plus exclusive content as well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 21:41:09

At 6/4/11 09:20 PM, zooos wrote: I understand how the welcome back program works, I already redeemed one game. My problem is that the first game I tried to redeem counted as one of the games I was allowed without even giving me the game(IE I picked Infamous, it said "thanks for purchasing" and the game did not start to download even though it told me I only had one game left to pick).

The same thing happened to me and I did what SineRider said and after doing it about 5 times because I kept getting error messages, it finally started downloading for me. All I can say is keep trying and it should eventually start to download.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-04 22:27:53

At 6/4/11 09:20 PM, zooos wrote:
At 6/4/11 05:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: That tells the store you got the right to get a game, now pick the game you want, download will start automatically.
I'm sorry what does this have to do with anything? I understand how the welcome back program works, I already redeemed one game. My problem is that the first game I tried to redeem counted as one of the games I was allowed without even giving me the game(IE I picked Infamous, it said "thanks for purchasing" and the game did not start to download even though it told me I only had one game left to pick).

Well if I understand right you picked your game but it didn't download. Well if that's so go to your recent download under your account it should be there. I had to do that with a game I downloaded. Even though it didn't start to download it still marked it in your account that you got it.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-05 22:49:05

It wouldn't even let me download.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-05 23:26:45

At 6/4/11 10:27 PM, darkrchaos wrote: Well if I understand right you picked your game but it didn't download. Well if that's so go to your recent download under your account it should be there. I had to do that with a game I downloaded. Even though it didn't start to download it still marked it in your account that you got it.

It's not. Not to mention in the Welcome Back section it marks the games you've gotten(I believe a little red icon appears on the lower right) and it only had one on Infamous. I tried again today and it won't let me get any other game.

Oh well atleast I got Infamous, would of liked Dead Nation as well. Also wasn't Rachet and Clank suppose to be one of the choices? Or was that for PSP?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-05 23:29:40

Rachet and Clank was only in EU

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-05 23:33:32

At 6/5/11 11:29 PM, darkrchaos wrote: Rachet and Clank was only in EU

That sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 00:30:11

Currently downloading Infamous.

"578 Minutes Left"

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 01:34:38

At 6/5/11 11:26 PM, zooos wrote: Oh well atleast I got Infamous, would of liked Dead Nation as well. Also wasn't Rachet and Clank suppose to be one of the choices? Or was that for PSP?

I fell as though the only other option is to go to your house and do it for you. Click on "free game 2" damn it! THEN download! I honestly don't know what your doing wrong!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 02:47:49

At 6/6/11 12:30 AM, Oolaph wrote: Currently downloading Infamous.

"578 Minutes Left"

Maybe get a connection that isn't dial up?

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 03:28:22

At 6/6/11 02:47 AM, dmansland wrote: Maybe get a connection that isn't dial up?

I have high speed internet. For some reason, the download speed on my PS3 is horrible, though.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 05:48:23

At 6/6/11 01:34 AM, sweet21 wrote: I fell as though the only other option is to go to your house and do it for you. Click on "free game 2" damn it! THEN download! I honestly don't know what your doing wrong!

I'm glad everyone just assumes it's a mistake on my part. I mean it's not a hard concept to understand that it counted a game for whatever reason against me and in turn only allowed me to download one free game.

I'm not doing anything wrong, PSN dun' fucked up.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 13:26:57

Well, I woke up with my PS3 off. But I can't find Infamous anywhere, it has a little red shopping bag icon when I look at it from the Free Games section.

I've already tried the 'Account Management' -> 'Transaction Management' -> 'Services List' -> 'SCEA Promotion' thing but it says that my Free Game 1 started on 6/5 and ended on 6/5.

Anyone know what's up?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 19:20:18

At 6/6/11 01:26 PM, Oolaph wrote: Anyone know what's up?

Check your download list, it should be there.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-06-06 21:38:58

At 6/6/11 07:20 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/6/11 01:26 PM, Oolaph wrote: Anyone know what's up?
Check your download list, it should be there.

It's there, but all it'll let me do is redownload it. Would that work? Or would I just be wasting another 8 hours and get an error message at the end?