00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

razzzle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,368 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 22:36:47

At 4/28/11 08:41 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Besides, having fun in a thread is hell of a lot better than getting annoyed and bitchy in a thread. ;)

Eh your right.

FBI Cybercrimes Joins 22 States In Sweeping PlayStation Network Investigation

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 22:37:10

So the psn going up is the new duke nukem?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 22:50:24

At 4/28/11 10:37 PM, FirstBaby wrote: So the psn going up is the new duke nukem?

no. It'll come out when half life 4 comes out.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 00:55:19

If they get a hold of the hackers, they are so royally fucked. you cannot do this shit without leaving traces, ever.

and now the senate and police involved.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 01:21:50

At 4/29/11 12:55 AM, Maverick-Alex wrote: If they get a hold of the hackers, they are so royally fucked. you cannot do this shit without leaving traces, ever.

and now the senate and police involved.

I hope this will be a lesson on other businesses, on how expendable consumers really are.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 02:29:02

"Sony Considering Make-Good for PSN Subscribers, Too"

"Sony is "currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online," said Patrick Seybold, the top spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment America."

and a rumor... "There are 2.2 Million PSN Member's Credit Card Details up for Sale"

Quite interesting, at least Sony has it's customers on their mind in terms of "retribution" for this down time.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 03:52:08

Sony will never *fully* recover from this. I guarantee it.
Hell, they might not recover from this at all.

Also, Kevin Butler hasn't touched Twitter since this happened, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 04:24:01

At 4/29/11 04:05 AM, Cootie wrote: Phil Harrison himself better come down to my home and give me a blowjob for this. People say "LOL BUT YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT". One of the main reasons I got it was because online was free, and I got the PS3 when it first came out. So yeah, you spend $600 on something and expect all the shit to work.

It's not Sony's fault they were hacked though, it could happen to anyone. Just be glad they are actually fixing the problem and shut down the servers before even more damage was done.

On a side note, I don't buy into the whole credit card fiasco mostly since there have been no reports on unauthorized credit card use and if there has someone would have posted it on here with proof.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 05:56:39

These motherfuckers want to simply inform me via email what I already fucking know?

LOL U CAN GET FREE CREDIT REPORT FROM THESE GUYS.

No motherfuckers. You assholes are providing me free goddamn credit reports for an entire fucking year!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 06:57:49

With PSN down it makes me play games I'd rather never touch again... EVER....

At least I still have SSFIV in case of emergencies like this...

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 08:45:50

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 10:29:58

At 4/29/11 10:14 AM, Cootie wrote:
I would say that if a major company gets hacked it is their own fault and they should have measures in place to protect this sort of thing. I mean it has been over a week and it isn't fixed yet.

I really don't have to explain why that logic is retarded, but I will anyways.

Let's say you get killed like many stupid kids your age do in a car accident.

Welp. Your fault. You drove when you knew it was the leading cause of death amongst people in your age group.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 10:30:21

As a Plus, FirstPlay and magazine subscriber (mindlessly devoted in other words), they'd better be making progress on finding the soon to be incarcerated idiots that pulled this off. And their subsequent grovelling to us all had better be bloody good as well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 15:40:23

At 4/29/11 03:18 PM, Cootie wrote: they got taken out by a couple nasally basement dwellers.

Or China.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 15:52:07

At 4/29/11 08:45 AM, zooos wrote: "It's estimated that, with the little slivers of plastic costing banks $3-$5 to replace, if large numbers of PlayStation Network account holders do the safe thing and cancel their cards it could cost international banks up to $300 million."

Oh no the poor banks and their overpaid CEO's!

Lol

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 15:57:37

At 4/29/11 03:18 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 4/29/11 10:29 AM, JohnnyDamon wrote:
At 4/29/11 10:14 AM, Cootie wrote:
I would say that if a major company gets hacked it is their own fault and they should have measures in place to protect this sort of thing. I mean it has been over a week and it isn't fixed yet.
I really don't have to explain why that logic is retarded, but I will anyways.

Let's say you get killed like many stupid kids your age do in a car accident.

Welp. Your fault. You drove when you knew it was the leading cause of death amongst people in your age group.
It really isn't a good comparison. Now, having someone be able to get into my car and steal it even though it is supposed to be locked is a better one. Then that would be the manufacturer's fault because their locking mechanism failed.

It is a good comparison. You think they purposely ignored a hole in their security? The fact is, is that any business that owns servers risks being hacked. Simply because they are a business holding customer information. Simply by existing, they risk being attacked. Just like simply driving down the road, you risk being killed in a vehicular collision. Stating that it's automatically their fault if they were hacked is completely retarded, because they can do everything in the world to make sure that their shit is locked down tight, but all it takes is one pissed off disgruntled employee to ruin it for everyone. In other words, you're retarded. Again. Don't even pretend to know what you're talking about. Come back when you have taken any sort of college courses regarding cyber ethics and network security protocols.

Same thing here. They provide the service, they are a HUGE company. They should make sure their service and my info is secure. They didn't and they got taken out by a couple nasally basement dwellers.

You don't even know that. You're just assuming and pulling pseudo facts out of your scrawny 16 year old Caucasian ass.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:08:44

At 4/29/11 03:57 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: You don't even know that. You're just assuming and pulling pseudo facts out of your scrawny 16 year old Caucasian ass.

And race matters how?

lol racist fucker.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:27:06

At 4/29/11 03:57 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: You don't even know that. You're just assuming and pulling pseudo facts out of your scrawny 16 year old Caucasian ass.

Yea anything you say before or after this point will be disregarded because your a blatant racist. Even worse you used Caucasian, not even white people use Caucasian. Good way to make a point.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:35:07

At 4/29/11 04:27 PM, zooos wrote:
Yea anything you say before or after this point will be disregarded because your a blatant racist. Even worse you used Caucasian, not even white people use Caucasian. Good way to make a point.

Seeing as I myself am Caucasian and/or white, your statement?

THAT IS HILARRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUS.

PSN down for up to 2 days

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:41:29

At 4/29/11 04:35 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: Seeing as I myself am Caucasian and/or white, your statement?

Your like an inverted Uncle Rukus from the Boondocks.

Since when did Caucasian become the N-word for white people? THAT IS HILARRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUS.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:48:06

At 4/29/11 04:41 PM, zooos wrote:
At 4/29/11 04:35 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: Seeing as I myself am Caucasian and/or white, your statement?
Your like an inverted Uncle Rukus from the Boondocks.

Since when did Caucasian become the N-word for white people? THAT IS HILARRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUS.

Hey, you're the idiot that took it offensively, rather than simply taking it as face value. It's a word. There is a filter in place against the N-word. There are none in place for the word "Caucasian". I don't know a single person that would take "Caucasian" offensively, and rather than attempting to engage me in intelligent discussion, you've made a really sad, pathetic attempt at attacking my character rather than addressing my points.

Come back when you can engage in serious discussion and you know the proper protocols for taking part in one.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 16:57:31

At 4/29/11 04:48 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: Come back when you can engage in serious discussion and you know the proper protocols for taking part in one.

No I'd rather not, I've accepted the NG norm and decided to follow that.

But I will say your one to talk about attacking someone's character:

You don't even know that. You're just assuming and pulling pseudo facts out of your scrawny 16 year old Caucasian ass.

As well as I assume your racist because what need do you have to use someone's ethnicity as a basis for a discussion, especially over the internet. Furthermore I didn't attack your character, although I can see how you think that due to my Uncle Rukus comment, but you pretty much set up everything I said for me in your previous posts, I have never heard a white person call another white person a Caucasian, especially in an insult, which is what you did.

So Uncle Rukus, please do come back when you in fact can have a discussion with people without attacking their characters, which you've proven in previous posts you can't but then again we all fail on that part.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 17:08:43

OMG Map called Cootie "Caucasian"!

How er disgusting?

Seriously though Map made a good point. Don't bitch about some kind of Caucasian racism, considering he is Caucasian himself when he makes a valid point on the matter that everyone anti PS3 seems to be ignoring.

Anyway;

"Xbox live users : Feeling smug since 20th April 2011 "

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 18:21:09

Imagine the lulz that would be had if the hacker wasn't caught

Iron man is a superhero

Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 19:43:24

At 4/29/11 05:36 PM, Cootie wrote: They also pay for things that we get for free LOLOL

I don't think I've payed to get all my personal info stolen. But I'll keep you updated.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 21:42:51

At 4/29/11 04:57 PM, zooos wrote:
At 4/29/11 04:48 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote: Come back when you can engage in serious discussion and you know the proper protocols for taking part in one.
No I'd rather not, I've accepted the NG norm and decided to follow that.

But I will say your one to talk about attacking someone's character:

As well as I assume your racist because what need do you have to use someone's ethnicity as a basis for a discussion, especially over the internet. Furthermore I didn't attack your character, although I can see how you think that due to my Uncle Rukus comment, but you pretty much set up everything I said for me in your previous posts, I have never heard a white person call another white person a Caucasian, especially in an insult, which is what you did.

So Uncle Rukus, please do come back when you in fact can have a discussion with people without attacking their characters, which you've proven in previous posts you can't but then again we all fail on that part.

That is not an attack on character. That is simply colorful wording being used as an adjective to humorously paint a picture in the reader's mind. Since when has stating a person's race been an attack on a person's character? Oh yes! It's an attack on character if you are RACIST! Look in the mirror for your own closet of racism pal. I'm guessing you won't have to look very far. Look here. You won't see a single mention of the word being used as a derogatory profane item. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_r ace Why? Because it's not a derogatory profane item. Get your head out of your ass.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 21:44:33

At 4/29/11 05:36 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 4/29/11 05:08 PM, Gagsy wrote:
"Xbox live users : Feeling smug since 20th April 2011 "
They also pay for things that we get for free LOLOL

Also, are you trying to say that this guy is MercatorMap? Oh, well that explains the bloated ego.

Hey, just because you're a fucking idiot doesn't mean I have a bloated ego. I'm not the one spamming my retarded and ill informed drivel all over the place.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-29 22:04:07

FBI and Homeland Security are conducting investigations into the PSN attack as well.

And no, the FBI is not actually as unskilled as they are protrayed in film/media etc. Shit is getting serious yo. The FBI seems to be conducting an investigation whereas Homeland security seems to just be collecting Data or something.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-30 00:38:37

Lol, I can just imagine all the rage that would happen if the hackers are never found.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-30 00:44:28

At 4/30/11 12:38 AM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: Lol, I can just imagine all the rage that would happen if the hackers are never found.

They likely won't. You don't hack an extremely relevant and powerful company such as sony without a contingency plan.

BBS Signature