00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Late Night Lounge

720,333 Views | 15,630 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-13 23:53:00

At 2/13/05 05:50 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: just dont miss a deposit or else hehe,

we wouldn't want that to happen, would we. :P

So bored that I opened up photoshop and gave someone back hair on their chest! Yah I'm just that bored right now.

hahah, poor guy. did you add bedn/yoink in the pic? they always have to be in a photoshop.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 00:20:28

At 2/13/05 11:42 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 2/13/05 11:17 PM, Kirkus wrote:
----
Eh. Nobody's gonna read it anyway
I read it, nice, and let me hadle the spammers. :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 05:07:31

At 2/13/05 11:53 PM, Crono- wrote:
hahah, poor guy. did you add bedn/yoink in the pic? they always have to be in a photoshop.

Come to think of it, no I didn't :(
I realy should have but I was realy drunk when I did it and got even worse afterwards. But there is always time to add old giraffe boy to a photoshop :D

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 10:34:09

At 2/13/05 11:57 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: I've come to a decision. Swallowing some pride, remembering that this is the internet.

I still dont know what King/Queen are for/do?

Also, like i said in the guild, i liked your poem Kirkus.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 10:50:08

At 2/13/05 11:42 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 2/13/05 11:17 PM, Kirkus wrote:
----
Eh. Nobody's gonna read it anyway
I read it, nice, and let me hadle the spammers. :)

yes me to!

Very well done Kirkus, I enjoy your poems thoroughly! Keep it up, I will look forward to another!

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 12:31:00

At 2/14/05 11:31 AM, The_Redangleprince wrote: The title of King/Queen was and might be again a form of recognizing those who have posted quality work in the past month, supplying the LNL with poems and stories, etc.

Oh okay. Thanks for explaining. Thats a cool idea.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 14:34:19

I will be posting this in parts as the days go by. Comments/critique will really be appreciated considering its had a few re-writes and it is very important to me. ^_^

A Hero’s Death
Part 1 of 4

The sound of crying loved ones shouting at him and pleading him to turn back, the voices of yelling followers foreshadowing their feelings of helplessness without him, and the screaming noise of a man who betrayed him begging for his forgiveness, all had muffled to an eerie hum of echoes faded behind his deep thoughts.

Renart held his hands in prayer. His tight grip was around a black-beaded rosary that tumbled and waved throughout his fingers. The cold sweat that broke within his palms, soon after, began to drip down his back and gather on his forehead. It was not fear that struck him down, but fate, When he finished the holy rosary and spoke his final words of prayer he recounted the story of Jesus, his savior. Although every single person had their connection with the lord whether they knew it or not, Renart’s connection was somehow special.

He gazed upward at the high cathedral church ceiling that resembled an early Roman Catholic Church. Colors of gold and detailed enlightened stone work were of grasping beauty. The fact that his death was so near made all of his surroundings just a little bit more significant, a little bit more breathtaking. The round dome in the ceiling painted with angels and a nursing Mary gave him a sentimental purpose to carry on. He imagined the crucifix sitting high atop the dome outside on that darkening delightful day. The church was long and shaped like a cross. The long vertical part of the crucifix began with the front doors and ended at the altar; all along the way was hand carved antique pews. A three-quarter walk up the vertical stretch is where the horizontal piece of the cross extended; both ways there were more pews positioned on an angle towards the altar that laid perpendicular to one another. The ceiling was high and the windows where shaped similar to a sword’s end. Each window was of the stain glass kind and was presented according to the fourteen Stations of the Cross. The outside was brick and faced with stone while the five front doors stood almost ten feet tall and were surrounded with hand carved stone-work. There were pillars that supported a lip that led off the roof and over the twelve large steps that bended towards the five front doors. Peaks sat upon each corner of the church, tall and pleasing to the eye from afar, but up close were weathered and a rusty-like-black color. The garden that surrounded the church was followed by an interlock pattern of slight, colored stones. The walkway led to the seating area just outside the left end of the cross, then back around other side meeting with the front door steps. The church was old, but was a gorgeous sight, for many days and months of work were put into every aspect of art in, and upon, this architectural land mark. It was Renart’s home and it was the perfect place for him to stare fate right in the eye.

He was a dark haired man of thirty-three and had defiant features that gave him a natural confidence in appearance. He had a powerful jaw and a stare of deep, but intense, green eyes. Everything about his appearance was mystical. Although he had a powerful appearance he had a tender aura about him. A simple gesture or kind look from him made people felt at ease. His bottom lip was tenderly bigger then his top, thus his smile was broader and more capturing because of it. Built like a boxer, but postured like a well-made business man, he was a gorgeous male in everyway. His short hair, usually styled to his liking, was messy and thick of an un-showered shine. His face was rough and dark, for he had not shaven that day. Mattox Renart was at his worse, but he felt at home in his church.

With one look back at his crying love his defiant and confident features slouched to and insecure and tired expression. His eyes, a bright green, faded to a dull shade of grey. His shoulders slouched, his arms drooped loosely and his knees shook in a weakened state. Every little thing that felt right about those moments, felt twice as wrong. He knew, however, that the Holy Spirit was there for him and that this day was the best thing he could do for those he loved.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 19:47:00

At 2/14/05 11:31 AM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
At 2/14/05 10:34 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I still dont know what King/Queen are for/do?
The title of King/Queen was and might be again a form of recognizing those who have posted quality work in the past month, supplying the LNL with poems and stories, etc.

Well im sorry to burst your bubble but we wont be doing the king/queen thing as of now, due to the fact that it was not very popular and for the fact that it was courrupted so it has been disabled...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:00:33

At 2/14/05 07:47 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Well im sorry to burst your bubble but we wont be doing the king/queen thing as of now, due to the fact that it was not very popular and for the fact that it was courrupted so it has been disabled...

The creator has spoken.

Somehow i knew that was going to happen. Nah bother, was only semi-interesting anyways.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:07:58

At 2/14/05 08:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: The creator has spoken.

:-}

Somehow i knew that was going to happen. Nah bother, was only semi-interesting anyways.

Heh i may think of something new later anyways, whats new on stories and whatnot?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:11:20

At 2/14/05 08:07 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Heh i may think of something new later

That'd be cool.

anyways, whats new on stories and whatnot?

I just posted part 1 of 4 of A Hero's Death (see a bit above) otherwise, nothing. What about you?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:19:19

At 2/14/05 10:34 AM, Myst_Williams wrote:
Also, like i said in the guild, i liked your poem Kirkus.

Thanks dude, :)

At 2/14/05 10:50 AM, Jamie_McGuire wrote:
yes me to!

Very well done Kirkus, I enjoy your poems thoroughly! Keep it up, I will look forward to another!

Thanks, in fact here's another one.

The story behind this poem:
Two years ago today(valentines day), somebody that I knew died, his name was cody, him and his parents were driving somewhere, the roads were icy. They got into an accident and cody died, and his two brothers were severely injured. This is for cody.

Goodbye my friend

Today's the day
They hold each other
They show the love
Fuck love
Today he died
Was laid to rest
Never to wake
Goodbye my friend
Two years ago today
I have not cried since
The day you died
We did not know each other
Well enough to be good friends
But I do regret
That I never got to say goodbye
So I say it now
In this poem
I let you go
And get this off my chest
Goodbye my friend...

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:33:43

At 2/14/05 08:19 PM, Kirkus wrote: Goodbye my friend

Notbad... notbad at all, nice to see some decent stuff still coming through the Lounge heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:46:51

At 2/14/05 08:33 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 2/14/05 08:19 PM, Kirkus wrote: Goodbye my friend
Notbad... notbad at all, nice to see some decent stuff still coming through the Lounge heh...

~X~

thanks dude :) Glad you liked it.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 20:49:28

At 2/14/05 08:33 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Notbad... notbad at all, nice to see some decent stuff still coming through the Lounge heh...

Mine no decent? *tear*

Well... uhh... you havnt written anything lately. Oh snap! Have you?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-14 21:00:38

At 2/14/05 08:49 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Mine no decent? *tear*

No just means i started with his heh, ill read your next one heh...

Well... uhh... you havnt written anything lately. Oh snap! Have you?

I dont really do this stuff, and with limited time online untill i get everything worked out on my new house it may be awhile so you know...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 00:02:31

At 2/13/05 11:42 PM, ramagi wrote: I read it, nice, and let me hadle the spammers. :)

well hey, if you got it, flaunt it XD haha.
what did everyone/anyone say about the story i posted up around a week ag? LOL. i didnt check back to see if anyone said nething....
well, off i go, searching...
*walks off to past pages*
lol.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 01:16:55

Well I was busy earlier so late V day poem. Oh hyes there are lots of metaphores to deal with.

A little thing about love.

The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the Ocean,
The winds of the heaven mix forever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle.
Why not I with thee? -

See the mountains kiss high sky
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth
And the moonbeams kiss the sea:
What is all this sweet work worth
If thee kiss not me?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 03:20:57

*Onic staggers into the late night lounge*
He has an emtpy bottle of Jack Daniels in one hand and a half bottle of Rum in the other.
He smells of alc. so bad that chances are that you could catch a buzz off of smelling him.
He walks over to the communal area and stands there looking at the fire that is burning in the fireplace. All of a sudden someone calls his name.
Instictivly Onic whips around and hurls the empty bottle of JD a the unsuspecting person. The bottle nails X right in the face. Now he is on the ground passed out and bleeding, while Onic chugs some of the rum.
"you fuckin got in da way of my bottle X" says Onic as he walks past. He feels a hand on his shoulder and without thinking onic breaks the Rum bottle in half over a table and with brute force, sinks the razor sharp glass edge into the hand of Axe. Axe screams and takes off running.
"Anyone got a spare bottle?!?" shouts Onic.
Everyone takes off running and screaming.
Twill be a good night in the LNL :D

Yah I'm bored if you can't tell.

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 10:30:20

At 2/15/05 02:39 AM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Nice work ramagi. Cliched just a bit, but overall bien.

Anyone do anything particularly intresting this past V-day?

Well it was ment to be that wayI went out see a local band, had some fun.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 13:45:51

Oh onic that story didnt go to well with the X haha j/k it was a blast to read hehe, nice poem thingie ramagi, haha good stuff everytime i come here heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 14:25:49

At 2/15/05 01:45 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Oh onic that story didnt go to well with the X haha j/k it was a blast to read hehe, nice poem thingie ramagi, haha good stuff everytime i come here heh...

~X~

You know you since you seem to laugh a lot in your posts, I am going to have to start to call you laughing boy. That gives me an idea for something to write about, so maybe once I get back home I finish out my thought and post it.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 14:43:57

At 2/15/05 02:25 PM, ramagi wrote: You know you since you seem to laugh a lot in your posts, I am going to have to start to call you laughing boy. That gives me an idea for something to write about, so maybe once I get back home I finish out my thought and post it.

I really dont laugh that much but maybe i do i just dont know anymore... a poem about me? really little ol me? haha cool...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 18:45:42

Ahaha, X. Your fuckin' hilarious. Ramagi is right though, I was thinking the exact same thing before I read that post. You laugh a lot in your posts.

Onic, that story of yours was awesome. And your new sig is making me tremble with satisfaction. It's almost overwhelming.

As soon as I get done mending to my gnarled hand, I will come back and post some more. I'm getting blood all over the keyboard.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 19:44:01

A Hero’s Death
Part 2 of 4

He continued walking down through the middle of the pews putting his right hand out to brush his fingers against the back of every wooden and brilliantly carved seat, like a child would a school fence line. He heard the comfort of his best friend’s voice pushing him to be the man he always sought to convey. He tried his best to straighten a little and hold his head high in defiance of the sadness his perpetrator wanted him to feel. Stopping, almost abruptly, he reached in one of the pews and grabbed a Sunday Missal. He placed the rosary in his pocket and pears down at the face of Mary which left was left pressed down into his palm. He took the Missal in between his hands in severity. At the end of his path he could see a man of evil and hate standing upon the altar. He was an unchristian man who took his gifts in greed and abused his place in society. Committing every grave sin, the man named Aros disgusted Renart most.

Aros was a powerful man with peppercorn and a stern posture. His dark brown eyes burned that of a cooling piece of coal. His black suit and tie accented the brightness of his red shirt beneath and handkerchief that was nicely tucked into his breast pocket. This was the way Aros always dressed, professional and business-like. He stood balanced with his legs spread apart in a powerful pose. Clean cut and pleasant to the eye he seemed an honest man, however, he lived a dishonest and murderess life. Aros had a dark aura about him; it was more then obvious that he was not to be trusted. He was one of those men that woman could sense the danger in, they knew getting in would be hurtful in end, but seemed tempted anyway. He was the type of guy who made every other guy look bad. The type who was too cocky for his own good, and the type that usually never got what they deserved; who always seemed to get around everything. Well, Renart knew that this would not be the case. Aros would eventually get exactly what he deserved.

When Mattox Renart reached the steps of the church altar and the two men who journeyed down the isle with him forced him to his knees. The church front door behind them, soon after, opened and everyone turned their heads to see who had entered. A blonde man of maybe two-thirds Renart’s age calmly walked in and sat in the farthest back pew to his right. His hands were tight and deep in his jacket pockets. Neither Aros, nor his company, paid any attention to the blonde man and simply welcomed the man into the church without word. The blonde man wore a large black leather coat and a pair of loose jeans. The man had bright green eyes that captured Renart’s attention before looking back at Aros.

Renart looked up to see Aros standing six-feet tall with his hands behind his back. Renart struggled with the discomfort of the two men tying his hands tightly behind his back, but still Renart held dear the Sunday Missal. He looked to his right where his pregnant wife, Sali, stood guarded by two men. The two men held their guns with tension. Renart looked right a little further, now over his shoulder to see Kronus, his life-long friend, standing near enough to Sali in order to ensure her safety.

To Renart’s left there was Romeo, a young man who betrayed Renart and now stood weeping for forgiveness. Renart nodded and reassured Romeo that he knew it was not just Romeo who did the deeds, but just Romeo who sought forgiveness. The lords prayer said, forgive those who trespass against us, Renart thought. Romeo quivered a slight smile and bent down onto his knees in praise to express his thankfulness. Renart shifted his eyes above and Romeo held his hands in prayer as he too looked upon the heavens. Even in Renart’s death Romeo sought forgiveness.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 20:25:18

I was writing the beginning story for some RPG, when I just happened to turn it into a story. I figured I should post it, here is what I have so far. It's not going to be one that I can post on NG, as it would take too many posts to do. But I can at least give a beginning summary of what it will be about.

The story:
In 2015, the UWG (United World Government) sent astronauts to the surface of Mars in order to set up a base of operations for study of the planet and to determine if life existed. In the year 2020, they made an important discovery. A parasite was discovered living deep in the crevices and canyons on the planet, and they took in a sample for study. There was an accident in the labs, and soon the crew began to come down with a sickness, killing all of them. Only one scientist survived to find out what had happened to the crew. The subjects name was John Hasting, and he became increasingly agitated with each passing day, but continued his study of the parasite and examinations of what happened to the crew members. His abnormal activity became worse with time, until one day all contact was lost with the Space Center. The year is now 2021, and a Specialized Team of Combat Scientists is being sent to Mars by the United World Government in order to find out what went wrong, and to bring back any and all information on the life form that was discovered.

The Characters:

Subject Name: Wrath Isting
Race: Human
Weapon(s) of Choice: Gatling w/ Smart Bullets, Psionic Dagger
Special Abilities: Advanced Science and Technology, Enhanced Human

A freak human bred for battle, Wrath was raised in a Top Security Government Testing Facility. The first of his kind, they exhibit the following features:

Muscle Enhancements
Ocular Implants
Enhanced Cognition and Mental Capacity
Advanced Pressure and Element Detection
Advanced Noise Reception
X20 Lightning Reflex Upgrade

This new race of superhuman soldiers are unknown to the public and are still in the alpha test phase. Wrath was uploaded with all the knowledge of advanced battle tactics, languages, weaponry, technology, science, and advanced human senses and instincts. More freak than human, Wrath escaped the facility and killed several government employees in the process. In order to evade capture, he enrolled in the military using a false guise and quickly gained in the ranks.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 20:29:37

Wow... almost 10 thousand posts... quite impressive... I'll be back soon with a scipt for an upcomming flash...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 21:34:15

Sorry I haven't been active. I signed up awhile ago. I'll post more soon

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 22:07:15

It's all good man, since you let us know that you are going to be sticking around more often. I haven't been posting much recently either, but I just got back into it. And I updated my new siggy, it's so cute with the scary faces. haha...

*pulls out an anime bunny and shoots it*

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-02-15 22:38:11

I had a lot of distractinos, so this will have to do.

Laughing boy

Who are you?
What makes you laugh so much?
Why do you always laugh?
Where do you get that sense of humor.
How do you smile all the time?

You always seem to be in good spirits.
Sometimes it makes me wonder.
Sometimes it brings smiles to others.
Sometimes it makes you look like a fool.

You always have a smile.
It can bring so much joy to others.
It can cause others to smile.
It can be the best expression ever.

You always may seem certain ways.
Some will see you silly.
Some will think you do it on purpose.
Some will laugh at you.