00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Another Art Thread N00b

1,174 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 17:01:17

Saw a few and thought why not. I do suck, I'd like to mention. But not as hard as some people I've seen. Is it wrong to be proud of that? And a fair warning, most of my pictures are of- for lack of a better word- pin up girls. I will point out that I'm a girl myself and I just prefer to draw girls. I find it hard sometimes to do guys. But just because they're young and cute/sexy doesn't mean I get my rocks off doing this like a hentai artist.
These are just sketches or art I didn't post on newgrounds for one reason or another.
Also, if you like these check out my deviantart page
Here's the first picture <3 Feel free to critique, just remember I don't take criticism well 'cause I'm fifteen and have anger issue

Another Art Thread N00b

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 17:27:34

you disgust me.

stop drawing tits on cats.

lol.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 17:30:12

At 4/1/11 05:27 PM, Asperchu wrote: you disgust me.

stop drawing tits on cats.

lol.

Okay then.
You're post disgusts me.
Stop being stupid
LOL

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 17:39:21

No, I don't just draw anthro.
This is a slightly older picture I did for my ID on deviantART, really it's more random boredom than anything

Another Art Thread N00b

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 17:54:02

At 4/1/11 05:01 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: I don't take criticism well 'cause I'm fifteen and have anger issue

Then what are you doing posting things on the internet?
Shouldn't you be shoving these in a shoe box, sliding said box under your bed and then listening to Linkin Park as you sob silently in the corner?

Meh, maybe that's beside the point. Now an actual Critique, rather than critiquing your ability to take a critique.
You need to work on on anatomy, The breast of the cat girl is off.
You need to work on your perspective, as well as trying to get your character on a proper ground plane. At the moment, if this cat girl was on a ground plane, then she would be leaning back hard on her right foot.
Makes sure to work well on your under drawings and underlying structure. Cause if the foundation is off, the the final product is off.
Work on your composing, not only is the girl pretty much dead center, but you have a lot of useless blank space. And to top that off, the flaws in the drawing really destroy the dynamics of the pose its self. There are times when you want that white space, but usually only when a character is looking or moving in a certain direction.

As a last bit, don't just link us to your dA, most of us don't care for it. If you have spare work that you don't want to put in the portal, or isn't right for the portal, then post it here. Don't just say "Here is my Gallery [Link] Go check it out!" cause that translates to most of us as "Hey, I'm too cool and lazy to put in the effort of posting my work, so you have to go dig it your self to praise my awesomeness."

Cheers
Look forward to seeing more post from you, and Welcome to the art forum.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 18:06:14

At 4/1/11 05:54 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 4/1/11 05:01 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: I don't take criticism well 'cause I'm fifteen and have anger issue
Shouldn't you be shoving these in a shoe box, sliding said box under your bed and then listening to Linkin Park as you sob silently in the corner?

You do realize that was just a joke right? Really have to go straight for the emo cutter scenario? Although I do get angry at little stuff, I'm a big enough girl I can handle it.

Meh, maybe that's beside the point. Now an actual Critique, rather than critiquing your ability to take a critique.
You need to work on on anatomy, The breast of the cat girl is off.
You need to work on your perspective, as well as trying to get your character on a proper ground plane. At the moment, if this cat girl was on a ground plane, then she would be leaning back hard on her right foot.
Makes sure to work well on your under drawings and underlying structure. Cause if the foundation is off, the the final product is off.
Work on your composing, not only is the girl pretty much dead center, but you have a lot of useless blank space. And to top that off, the flaws in the drawing really destroy the dynamics of the pose its self. There are times when you want that white space, but usually only when a character is looking or moving in a certain direction.

Well thanks for the actual advice instead of just assuming crap.

As a last bit, don't just link us to your dA, most of us don't care for it. If you have spare work that you don't want to put in the portal, or isn't right for the portal, then post it here. Don't just say "Here is my Gallery [Link] Go check it out!" cause that translates to most of us as "Hey, I'm too cool and lazy to put in the effort of posting my work, so you have to go dig it your self to praise my awesomeness."

That's not what I meant at all, I just have a crap load of stuff and I'm never going to post all of it just a few select things and I thought if anyone liked my art they might want to see what I don't post. I don't even have that much stuff on my second DA account anyway. My first account has other 300 pictures so, yeah no. Not posting all that.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 18:16:04

At 4/1/11 06:06 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: My first account has other 300 pictures so, yeah no. Not posting all that.

don't post it all... just the best.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 18:20:04

Furry!!!! *vomits* hold on while I go collect my stomach contents again... I think I just puked my lungs out... OH GOD!!!! it WAS MY LUNGS!!!!

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 18:32:31

At 4/1/11 06:20 PM, silversunned wrote: Furry!!!! *vomits* hold on while I go collect my stomach contents again... I think I just puked my lungs out... OH GOD!!!! it WAS MY LUNGS!!!!

You're an utter and complete git.

OP: May I suggest inking your work? The darkness ink uses makes it infinitely more interesting and appealing for the eye. Now it's just un-daring soft pencil. Do not fear making your sheet of paper filthy, that's what it's made for. As said before, we do not check deviants. We welcome people to showcase their art on an actual COOL site :3

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 19:03:18

I like the first pic but the second one... eh... looks like a special person.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 20:03:10

At 4/1/11 06:32 PM, test-object wrote: You're an utter and complete git.

OP: May I suggest inking your work? The darkness ink uses makes it infinitely more interesting and appealing for the eye. Now it's just un-daring soft pencil. Do not fear making your sheet of paper filthy, that's what it's made for. As said before, we do not check deviants. We welcome people to showcase their art on an actual COOL site :3

Question: What the hell is a git?

Statement: They aren't bad at all-in fact, I kind of like the style. And yeah, I'd keep posting your pics up here because someone will want to see them-but only the things you think are your best-not every little sketch you draw in class. But, keep practicing and you'll keep getting better.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 20:43:55

At 4/1/11 05:39 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: No, I don't just draw anthro.
This is a slightly older picture I did for my ID on deviantART, really it's more random boredom than anything

That's so kawaii, do you live with your parents? I bet you do.
Now is that an accurate portrayal?

Are you fat smelly and have no friends?

or do you actually have fangs and were born with a horrible birth deformity that made your body look like someone decided to take some playdoh and beat it with a sack of oranges???

????

I'm hoping it was the latter.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 21:54:31

I think the only way to save this thread is to post more artwork..

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 22:58:24

At 4/1/11 05:54 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

i LAUGHED this is so true xD

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 23:12:27

At 4/1/11 05:39 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: really it's more random boredom than anything

hey thats the only reason i ever draw

ok, since thats old ill ignore it, but if your gunna post everything, get the old stuff out of the way first, then post your new stuff, so we can see the change and gauge your improvement, id rather see more and newer stuff before i tell you what needs improving, and give you tips and whatnot

on a side note, starting the thread of with an anthro piece probably wasnt the wisest decision, newgrounds isnt known for being the best lovers of that, and being open to new things, and you just brought the trolls down on yourself D: haters gunna hate

iv got nothing against it myself, im the good guy here.....i swear XP

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 23:21:41

At 4/1/11 08:43 PM, Asperchu wrote:

For fuck's sakes, why bother just being so pointlessly negative? If you're not going to say something constructive, don't say anything at all.

I hate it so much when assholes who mostly post in General wander into the art forum and start being assholes here.

OP: Looking at your profile, you obviously have some stuff that's a little more impressive than what you've posted thus far. I'd suggest you post some of that, because, like Maficmelody said, this thread needs more art to survive. I would like to give you some critique, but I don't have a whole lot (in this thread) to go on for that.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 23:29:15

At 4/1/11 11:12 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 4/1/11 05:39 PM, DemonWolfBlood wrote: really it's more random boredom than anything
hey thats the only reason i ever draw

ok, since thats old ill ignore it, but if your gunna post everything, get the old stuff out of the way first, then post your new stuff, so we can see the change and gauge your improvement, id rather see more and newer stuff before i tell you what needs improving, and give you tips and whatnot

So basically you would prefer seeing a thread that shows this kind of progression. Commenting on style and composition as the person got better.

Another Art Thread N00b

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 23:30:57

At 4/1/11 11:12 PM, Ashman wrote:
on a side note, starting the thread of with an anthro piece probably wasnt the wisest decision, newgrounds isnt known for being the best lovers of that, and being open to new things, and you just brought the trolls down on yourself D: haters gunna hate

iv got nothing against it myself, im the good guy here.....i swear XP

I'd have to say that the 1st pic is more.. anime cat-girl, and not so much 'anthro'. Slapping on ears and a tail is called neko, I think. Thought that was big here on NG. Anthro, not so much.

But yes: gators gonna gate.

OP, post more arts or abandon ship!

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-01 23:44:07

At 4/1/11 11:29 PM, XWarrior61 wrote:
So basically you would prefer seeing a thread that shows this kind of progression. Commenting on style and composition as the person got better.

I saw the evolution of cool/troll face and wonder if anyone else sees it. I've brought a visual aid.

You're awesome, Xwarrior.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 04:02:42

In my opinion, the first image looks pretty good. However, I'd put a little more detail into the paws/fingers, and the tail. As for the second image, the perspective seems a little distorted. Some of the characteristics are out of proportion, but it's nothing really major that you can't fix with practice.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 06:29:08

At 4/1/11 08:03 PM, DisturbedMDD wrote: Question: What the hell is a git?

"Git is mild[1] profanity with origins in British English for a silly, incompetent, stupid, annoying, senile elderly or childish person.[2] It is usually an insult, more severe than twit or idiot but less severe than wanker or arsehole.[1][3][4]"

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 13:28:46

At 4/1/11 11:21 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 4/1/11 08:43 PM, Asperchu wrote:

For fuck's sakes, why bother just being so pointlessly negative? If you're not going to say something constructive, don't say anything at all.
I hate it so much when assholes who mostly post in General wander into the art forum and start being assholes here.

I gave some constructive criticism, and I quote

Stop drawing tits on cats

Decent enough, people will think he/she/thing wants to cut off slabs of somones tits and stitch them onto a cat, and than proceed to bone said cat.

or do you actually have fangs and were born with a horrible birth deformity that made your body look like someone decided to take some playdoh and beat it with a sack of oranges???

I was giving tips on anatomy, I don't see how that's not constructive.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 18:10:03

At 4/2/11 06:29 AM, test-object wrote: "Git is mild[1] profanity with origins in British English for a silly, incompetent, stupid, annoying, senile elderly or childish person.[2] It is usually an insult, more severe than twit or idiot but less severe than wanker or arsehole.[1][3][4]"

...right on. Then I concur, sir.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 18:31:13

Well the strange cat thing see the left arm is way different than the right one, see where you made an indention on the right there is none on the left, and something is seriously bothering me about those hips and the crouch,

Now for the ID on DA, it's awful, The neck is on the right side of the torso instead of in the middle
the way the legs are makes it look like the mafia paid your DA ID a visit and broke its legs, and the nose doesn't even resemble a nose, also the mouth doesn't tuck out it goes in. also I have to say something about how HUGE the head is and how tiny the body is, work on your facial spacing.

Sacred wind tribe

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 22:59:38

If you draw it, you must want to fuck it
That's pretty sound logic right there.
Brb, gonna take this cutie pie around the friggen world

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-02 23:09:47

At 4/2/11 01:28 PM, Asperchu wrote:

I gave some constructive criticism, and I quote
Stop drawing tits on cats
Decent enough, people will think he/she/thing wants to cut off slabs of somones tits and stitch them onto a cat, and than proceed to bone said cat.

Strange, nothing of that sort even approached my mind when I saw that drawing.

I was giving tips on anatomy, I don't see how that's not constructive.

Those aren't tips, those are negative comments. There's a pretty big difference. Tips would be saying things like "this isn't correct, you should try and do it this way". You didn't say a damned thing that actually would help the OP in any way, you just insulted her.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-03 01:09:16

At 4/2/11 11:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Those aren't tips, those are negative comments. There's a pretty big difference. Tips would be saying things like "this isn't correct, you should try and do it this way". You didn't say a damned thing that actually would help the OP in any way, you just insulted her.

Alright fine, i'll help OP

OP please cut off your hands so we don't have to see anymore of your shit.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-03 01:27:29

At 4/3/11 01:09 AM, Asperchu wrote: OP please cut off your hands so we don't have to see anymore of your shit.

And you should also cut off your hands so we don't have to read anymore of your shit.

Response to Another Art Thread N00b 2011-04-04 00:37:03

why did you make an art thread if you aren't going to post anything? You've said you have better pics, well then post them already!