00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Morthagg makes things.

82,320 Views | 534 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:13:34

I was thinking about making my own art thread for a while now, but I kept putting it off because I'm not good enough to make this a tread in which people just come to gawk over the art, but I'm not total crap either and I probably won't bloom into a pretty flower by all the suggestions given to me in this thread. I'm already kind of rusted stuck in my drawing habits. Sad, sad.
But the truth is this site has given me a lot of inspiration ever since I joined it (which wasn't that long ago) and I bet I could get at least a tiny bit better by the artistic insights given here. I'd appreciate them greatly, of course.

I decided to start this thread by, from now on, posting everything I draw in the sketchbook I bought about a month ago. Even the things I'd rather hide. That'll teach me to try and finish something, at least.

Also, I tend to ramble. You noticed? Here's the first page of my sketchbook! Selfportrait on a train.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:27:52

Next page (I flipped it to save you from straining a muscle) are some sketches of a character for the wonderful Project Denovo, of which I'm part. Mr. Mob Boss apparently only has two emotions: cynicism and anger.
For better quality and detail: Dumpity

Oh, and the finished bosses, if you like:
Dumpity cynical
Dumpity angry

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:31:52

Awesome stuff, cool that you have a place to call your own now ;)
I misread Mob Boss as Bob Ross... thought you missed the point by a lot...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:31:58

At 3/22/11 01:15 PM, Larkatosa wrote: YOU are a credit to this forum! Don't EVER leave!! Also ... fill this thread with your aweso art!

Okay, I'm probably a lot more nervous over starting this thread than anyone should be, and it's making me read that comment in an extremely sarcastic voice :(
But thank you if I'm just being paranoid. More stuff is coming up.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:40:38

At 3/22/11 01:31 PM, Morthagg wrote:
At 3/22/11 01:15 PM, Larkatosa wrote: YOU are a credit to this forum! Don't EVER leave!! Also ... fill this thread with your aweso art!
Okay, I'm probably a lot more nervous over starting this thread than anyone should be, and it's making me read that comment in an extremely sarcastic voice :(
But thank you if I'm just being paranoid. More stuff is coming up.

Humbleness is always pleasent, but don't hide your light under a bushel. Your art is pretty cool. And I would love to see the self portrait completely finished someday, I like the colour scheme.

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:43:22

Page nùmero tres: jumpity.
The reason this was shaded is all thanks to Newgrounds, really. I was sick and tired of my drawings just staying line art because I was convinced I sucked at shading, while there are some very nicely shaded drawings here. So I tried it again. And now I can't stop. augh

Larger version.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:49:51

At 3/22/11 01:43 PM, Morthagg wrote: Page nùmero tres: jumpity.
The reason this was shaded is all thanks to Newgrounds, really. I was sick and tired of my drawings just staying line art because I was convinced I sucked at shading, while there are some very nicely shaded drawings here. So I tried it again. And now I can't stop. augh

Well you did a good job shading it... could prolly be a bit bolder... darker darks etc. but its great as it is... the left leg bugs me a bit ... cant really figure it out.. with his pants really low prolly and his but showing.. but that would really limit you in your jumping capabilities..

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 13:52:04

At 3/22/11 01:31 PM, J-qb wrote: Awesome stuff, cool that you have a place to call your own now ;)
I misread Mob Boss as Bob Ross... thought you missed the point by a lot...

Hahaha, now I can't unsee that..

At 3/22/11 01:40 PM, Luwano wrote:
Humbleness is always pleasent, but don't hide your light under a bushel. Your art is pretty cool. And I would love to see the self portrait completely finished someday, I like the colour scheme.

Thank you! I'm just kind of prepared for the worst, I guess. This is the internet after all..
And that's my biggest problem: finishing things. When I'm coming close to finishing something, I just block and go "shit, better stop before I ruin it" :D Maybe I'll try though.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 14:01:50

Number four: Project Denovo sketches again.

For the finished drawings:
Scruffy
Haughty
(I adjusted the length of his neck and the hugeness of his head a little..)

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 14:07:02

Yay! Finally your own thread, you sad panda! Keep dem arts comin'. :) (Although I'll probably have seen most of them from your sketchbook)

Also, I have the feeling that the left leg of the black dude is a bit short.. Could just be me though.

PS: Where's my damn credit?! I brought you to this goddamn site! I want my part of your self-deserved fame! Rant rant asdfasfasfdasfdaf!!

jk u mad ?

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 14:17:46

Ah yes! A thousand credits and kisses and awkward physical contacts to my lil' bro Breaktroll, who introduced me to this site and bugged me so long I kind of made a profile to get rid of his nagging.
But I'm thankful!

And the leg of the jumping dude.. Myeah, something's wrong with it. Oh, it's not really his butt showing though, it's meant to be a hipfatty flopping over his pants. But yes, I agree with that.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 14:47:52

At 3/22/11 02:17 PM, Morthagg wrote: Ah yes! A thousand credits and kisses and awkward physical contacts to my lil' bro Breaktroll, who introduced me to this site and bugged me so long I kind of made a profile to get rid of his nagging.
But I'm thankful!

Argh! Cooties! D:

Also, when are you going to work on your webcomic again?

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 15:20:04

At 3/22/11 02:54 PM, Larkatosa wrote:
No I am not pulling something on you! I mean what I say. I like your art. You are a good artist.

Okay then :) Thanks a lot!

At 3/22/11 02:47 PM, Breaktroll wrote: Argh! Cooties! D:

Um.. When I stop being such a retard and stop waiting for my site to somehow magically improve to the point of perfection before I start posting regularly.. So, go figure.
No, honestly, I'm kind of getting tired of my own indecisiveness, so I think I'm just going to post my comics as I have them, regardless of if I'm completely pleased with the site. I'll let you know when I get to that.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 15:29:28

At 3/22/11 02:47 PM, Breaktroll wrote:
At 3/22/11 02:17 PM, Morthagg wrote: Ah yes! A thousand credits and kisses and awkward physical contacts to my lil' bro Breaktroll, who introduced me to this site and bugged me so long I kind of made a profile to get rid of his nagging.
But I'm thankful!
Argh! Cooties! D:

lol if you guys are siblings why dont you just talk to each other irl rather than posting on ng?

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 15:47:13

At 3/22/11 03:29 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
lol if you guys are siblings why dont you just talk to each other irl rather than posting on ng?

Because she's in an academy of arts (animation) which is located about 60 km away from where I live?
She only comes home in the weekends.

Plus the interwebs is easy.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 15:51:23

I'm 70 kilometers away at the moment, untill this weekend. I study in a different city.
I also think this was his very subtle way of telling Newgrounds I'm working on a webcomic.. cough.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 16:39:28

Okay, next page. 5.
This one isn't exactly worthy of posting, really, but I promised. It's a very early sketch and I couldn't bring myself to start with the details, because I wanted to make this one really good and visually interesting. I still don't know how.. This drawing has been sitting in this stage in my sketchbook for a good few weeks now, and has somehow reached some kind of 'untouchable' status in my mind and I'm afraid it'll never get finished. Good example of the counter-productive kind of perfectionism..
So, if anyone has any suggestions on what to use to finish this piece, please tell me. Hopefully it'll give me my drive to work on it back.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 16:39:55

At 3/22/11 03:51 PM, Morthagg wrote:
I'm 70 kilometers away at the moment, untill this weekend. I study in a different city.
I also think this was his very subtle way of telling Newgrounds I'm working on a webcomic.. cough.

Well, I guess Alexander Graham Bell has gone out of style, eh?

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 16:52:41

At 3/22/11 04:39 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:

It is very considerate though slightly belittling to actually link to his wikipedia page. Also, tell that to my brother. I don't think he often realises he has a phone.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 16:57:52

Loving the cutsie sibling chats..

The art is also good.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 16:59:17

At 3/22/11 04:39 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:

Ye dog, dat shit aint crunk no mo. Telepathy is the frizz.

It's just that I don't have anything interesting or informative to say at all, and the interwebs is already packed with useless shit?

Also, I thought that Bell actually stole the phone from some other guy?..

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 21:26:36

Don't ever be so nervous miss. I'll assure you we will treat you with utter most care and respect. You have quite some talent, and I admire your talent quite so.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 21:34:22

Your art is sexcellent. I love seeing your sketches... I want to see more!!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-22 22:03:07

Lol! i like it.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 05:34:06

Thanks for all the kind comments!

The next page is something slightly different, some guy asked for a logo for his metalcore/deathcore band. He didn't give any directions apart from 5 other very different logo's, so I kind of had to guess my way through it.
It was a long time ago since I tried to do something typography-like..

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 05:44:34

This one's on the back of the previous page, and it's the one we eventually (semi)settled for.
But, alas, the guy who needed the logo hasn't replied to my messages in two weeks, and I'm afraid I won't get paid for any of this.
Learn from my mistakes, children.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 05:54:02

Number 8.

Again, sketch with potential, but from the moment I saw I was f-cking it up with the arm on the right there, I left it alone.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 06:26:20

Hipster on a traaiinnn
Yes, a lot of my sketches are done on public transport.
The guy on the right is a sketch from memory though, some poor sob sitting on someone's doorstep with a bouquet of yellow flowers in his hands. It was pretty sad.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 18:04:33

Okay, two more before sleepytime:

Guy from my history class when our teacher bought us all a hot drink after an open-air lesson in an old convent.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 18:13:25

And final for today, number 11:

Again, girl in train.
Yes, I sometimes tend to make people very ugly when I draw them. 5 years of academical teaching and then two years of "Jesus, just do whatever the fuck you want"-'teaching' can do that to a person. This was actually a pretty girl : /

Morthagg makes things.