00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Morthagg makes things.

81,889 Views | 534 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:32:52

At 4/4/11 08:27 PM, Morthagg wrote: Well, the hand wasn't exactly meant to be anatomically correct, though obviously based on reality. They're like little caricatures of my real fingers.

yeah well I guess the main "fault" would be that each finger is different; it doesnt look like theyre part of the same hand

I don't like erasers : / Hardly ever use them. Smudgy little things. But yes, maybe you're right. The portrait was a 7 minute sketch on a train, though..

You could have just not drawn those parts then ;)

Well, thanks for taking the time to add critiques to my posts :)

what are you doing up this late!? Its 2:30 AM in Belgium!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:35:52

At 4/4/11 08:32 PM, J-qb wrote: what are you doing up this late!? Its 2:30 AM in Belgium!

Well, what are YOU doing up this late? It's the same time in the Netherlands?

Also, stumbling through youtube and arguing on the interwebs.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:37:12

At 4/4/11 08:35 PM, Morthagg wrote:
At 4/4/11 08:32 PM, J-qb wrote: what are you doing up this late!? Its 2:30 AM in Belgium!
Well, what are YOU doing up this late? It's the same time in the Netherlands?
Also, stumbling through youtube and arguing on the interwebs.

Oh Right! Change the subject!

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:39:12

At 4/4/11 08:37 PM, J-qb wrote: Oh Right! Change the subject!

I answered it, you didn't!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:56:40

At 4/4/11 08:39 PM, Morthagg wrote: I answered it, you didn't!

Oh, right... well I guess ill need to buy you drink sometime to make up for that then... im catching up with the internet now that I'm at my parents' since my laptop is broken..

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 22:33:27

Tastee morsels!.. I really enjoyed my LURK thru your work.. every piece was more delicious than the last
all I can say is KEEP GOING like this NEVER let anyone tell you to change.. your work has flair.. style and whimsical flavor...

impossible to critique.. so saturated with style anything "constructive' would just be an opinion.

ever try doing some animation?

NEW DPI STUDIOS ART BOOK CAMPAIGN

CHECK IT

COME LOOK>> BUY A BOOK :)

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 02:54:57

At 4/4/11 10:33 PM, e-m-b-r-i-o wrote: Tastee morsels!.. I really enjoyed my LURK thru your work.. every piece was more delicious than the last
all I can say is KEEP GOING like this NEVER let anyone tell you to change.. your work has flair.. style and whimsical flavor...

impossible to critique.. so saturated with style anything "constructive' would just be an opinion.

ever try doing some animation?

Oh, thank you! You.. uh.. You're pretty damn awesome yourself! :D Cool to get such a positive comment from you.
And yes, I've actually studied Animation for the past 3 and a half years :D I'm doing my Master's now. Maybe it shows somehow?

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 08:50:57

At 4/5/11 02:54 AM, Morthagg wrote: Oh, thank you! You.. uh.. You're pretty damn awesome yourself! :D Cool to get such a positive comment from you.
And yes, I've actually studied Animation for the past 3 and a half years :D I'm doing my Master's now. Maybe it shows somehow?

BAH!! dangit!.. I should have looked at your Deviant link.. duhhh... hahahah! it does show..

something else I failed to mention.. it is abundantly apparent that your anatomical knowledge is rock solid.. and you're fantastic at rendering clothing and fabric as well.. (thinking of the pic with the three girls.. partial sketch and partial finished ink)

PLEASE do some animation and submit it. ( or at least a comic...)

NEW DPI STUDIOS ART BOOK CAMPAIGN

CHECK IT

COME LOOK>> BUY A BOOK :)

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 09:24:28

At 4/5/11 08:50 AM, e-m-b-r-i-o wrote: BAH!! dangit!.. I should have looked at your Deviant link.. duhhh... hahahah! it does show..

something else I failed to mention.. it is abundantly apparent that your anatomical knowledge is rock solid.. and you're fantastic at rendering clothing and fabric as well.. (thinking of the pic with the three girls.. partial sketch and partial finished ink)

PLEASE do some animation and submit it. ( or at least a comic...)

Oh, but my anatomical knowledge could still use some work.. I still struggle with legs and their attachement to feet, and I honestly suck at drawing male hips. But thank you :D We all have our 'problem-area's' I think.. And yeah, I like drawing fabric.

Well, I've been trying to put some of my animation in .swf format, since I animate by hand and on paper and they're mostly .avi's now. Also, I don't know how to make a loading bar and a button in flash, or even how to adjust the animation dimentions.. So I just don't know how to get something that looks decent. I used to animate in flash but I completely forgot how to.. I really want to put something online, but uh.. I can't. Not yet, anyway.
Comics are easier :p

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 11:15:19

At 4/5/11 09:24 AM, Morthagg wrote:
Well, I've been trying to put some of my animation in .swf format, since I animate by hand and on paper and they're mostly .avi's now. Also, I don't know how to make a loading bar and a button in flash, or even how to adjust the animation dimentions.. So I just don't know how to get something that looks decent. I used to animate in flash but I completely forgot how to.. I really want to put something online, but uh.. I can't. Not yet, anyway.
Comics are easier :p

Don't worry, I'll put in a preloader for you. :3

Even though you can just download them from here, but whatevs.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 14:09:01

So... I was uh, sitting on the toilet, reading my D&D Player's Handbook, when I stumbled onto the Druid again and immediatly thought of a Gnoll. I always had a soft spot for hairy humanoids and Gnolls are a good combination of awesomely strong and wild, and a little klutzy and awkward.
Druids are just mostly awesome.
So here, a Gnoll Druid.

I want to colour it in or at least shade it.. but don't know how yet.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 14:16:48

At 4/5/11 02:09 PM, Morthagg wrote: So here, a Gnoll Druid.

I want to colour it in or at least shade it.. but don't know how yet.

That looks amazing!
What is D&D?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 14:18:11

At 4/5/11 02:16 PM, MasterMerol wrote: That looks amazing!
What is D&D?

Dungeons & Dragons :D

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 16:41:47

Okay, so I chose to actually do something with my Gnoll druid. I thought It wouldn't hurt if I posted a WIP.. so here is a tiny little foretaste.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 17:23:50

Hm, so that took less time than I expected. Here's the lineart for now!

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-05 23:38:50

At 4/5/11 05:23 PM, Morthagg wrote: Hm, so that took less time than I expected. Here's the lineart for now!

great work!!
awesome to see the development of this too

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-06 06:43:25

At 4/5/11 11:38 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: great work!!
awesome to see the development of this too

I like seeing the development too, so I'm posting another wip, but only a part, otherwise the details are completely lost.
This is the first time I ever shaded and coloured something this way.. And it's taking a hellovalotta time. And I don't even know if I'm doing it right, argh. But so far I'm relatively satisfied... It's far from finished, though. Any possible (practical) help would be appreciated.
I'm planning on using colours too, eventually.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-06 09:05:56

At 4/5/11 05:23 PM, Morthagg wrote: Hm, so that took less time than I expected. Here's the lineart for now!

That's one beast of a lineart you have there!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-06 09:48:45

Haha, man that gnoll shaman looking dude is badass. Keep on rockin' captain!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-06 15:05:03

cant wait to see the finished project!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-06 16:40:02

Maybe I'm posting too many bits and pieces of this.. Oh well! Another part!
I wasted some serious time on this today.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-15 16:03:31

Okay, it's been a serious while since I've been here (for my doing.. which is about 10 days), but I've been le busy. Anyway, I'm kind of here to update for the sake of updating. I haven't had time to work on my lovely Gnoll, but there might be an update this weekend..
So, here! A nice and pretty lady that had the sad misfortune to be born in the middle ages with a psychological problem. Luckily the good people of the mental institution have kindly taken care of her, as you can see.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-15 18:07:50

Oh hey, fresh new sketch again. I felt like drawing one of those adverture-type girls. You know, the ones with a lot of belts and pouches and a gun only a trained weightlifter could use though she has the arms of a fitnesschick, often encountered in a difficult situation in which she's hardly holding ground, and then the hero (you, if you're playing a game) comes in to save her, but instead of thanking him she goes "I can take care of myself" and punches him in the face, swears (because she's totally hardcore and a strong female figure) and then they both still go in the same direction after a little more squabbling.
You know, that kind.

But she actually turned out a little more original than that.
I hope.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-15 18:40:19

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-19 17:34:15

Against the Wall.
Yup.
I'm a little tired of drawing in photoshop, wanted to have more feeling with my drawing again.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-19 18:15:46

At 4/19/11 05:34 PM, Morthagg wrote: Against the Wall.
Yup.
I'm a little tired of drawing in photoshop, wanted to have more feeling with my drawing again.

UP WITH YOUR BACK TO THE WALL!!

So, here! A nice and pretty lady that had the sad misfortune to be born in the middle ages with a psychological problem. Luckily the good people of the mental institution have kindly taken care of her, as you can see.

Hot! Reminds me of Gollum. Maybe a female gollum?
Pretty awesome new drawings.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-21 08:48:12

At 4/19/11 06:15 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Hot! Reminds me of Gollum. Maybe a female gollum?
Pretty awesome new drawings.

Hehe, a lot of people have said that about that drawing. And thanks.

I miss working with ink.. I should buy a new bottle sometime. Tiny drawing from a few months ago.. I was planning to make a comic in this style.
But then I didn't.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-21 09:26:17

I am the master of unfinished work! Again, quick sketch of a part of a comic series I was working on. The words roughly translate to "It's a mess. It's a mess, that head. That head of mine."
It's a story applied to the messed up situation very different people are in, sort of a mental overlapping monologue of being-slightly-fucked-up.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-25 19:56:39

.. Jesus fucking assfuck. I am very tired, very frustrated and very disappointed in myself. I best leave the full rant for in my blog or something, but for a tiny taste: For the umpteenth time I have tried to become a smooth and clean drawing that resembles or is a vector drawing (a fucking easy drawing at that) and I've failed horribly. I started out in Photoshop, then went over to Flash, then went over to Illustrater and now I went over to bed and am trying my best not to bite my toungue too hard.

Long story short, I could just really use some advice or maybe a link to a good tutorial for either drawing in Flash MX (the biggest problem there was with the sketch I imported) or Adobe Illustrator CS (the biggest problem there was how the brush worked, wtf was that) or maybe even Adobe Photoshop CS. The drawing I include should become the underlying drawing over which I'll draw the clean version.
The FFFUUUU is added for better mood setting. Honestly, the only thing I want is the shit that's now coloured black, to be redrawn in a solid, clean, full black drawing. I don't even care about the background. I can't understand how something like that could be so difficult..

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-26 00:03:16

Your art is good. But the thing that is keeping it from being better is your shading. Instead of hatching try differnet techniques...because your hatching is...eh