00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VolublePally just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

133,147 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 05:22:50

At 6/6/12 05:05 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 6/6/12 02:48 AM, Klobb17 wrote: I think I just had one of my best matches while driving a tank with a buddy as my gunner.
Perfect game. Very nice. What's your tank setup? I use thermal optics, canister shell, and proximity scan. That proximity scan gets me a ton of kills, both as gunner and driver. I've never had a perfect game go that high. I think my best perfect game was piloting a chopper, at 17-0. My best overall game though, is probably this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/47586 972/2/314714237/

Nice match and score. Looks like you favor a sniper rifle quite a bit. I'll admit I'm a bit of a vehicle whore, myself.
I usually have Reactive Armor, Zoom Optics, and I can't think what the third one is right now (Probably Proximity Scan or Maintenance) for my MBTs. Usually I switch to Thermal Optics when I play on Damavand Peak, but I never died, so I didn't get the chance to do so. On the bright side, the Zoom actually helped me swatting distant helicopters out of the sky, so maybe it was for the best.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 09:19:12

At 6/4/12 05:00 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: So Battlefield Premium was just announced. All the map packs, plus some cosmetic stuff, for about $40. It's a tempting offer, but I don't quite know if I want to jump on it. Four left that I don't have, at $15 each. So it's a good value. Any thoughts?

Personally I do think it's a good bargain, there's lots of more fun things to come :)

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 09:22:43

At 5/2/12 08:32 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 5/2/12 07:01 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I was just going 15-0, sniping on Tehran Highway, when I was kicked by an admin. I'm so sick of this bullshit.
Who does this shit? I think they should take kicking out of the game, or only give an admin like three kicks per day.

It's a matter of server-owners paying for their own servers, but i do agree that some server admins are complete douchebags. I've been kicked from servers for no good reason too. Only one time it was an honest mistake, as far as I know anyway...

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 14:01:44

At 6/6/12 05:05 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 6/6/12 02:48 AM, Klobb17 wrote: I think I just had one of my best matches while driving a tank with a buddy as my gunner.
Perfect game. Very nice. What's your tank setup? I use thermal optics, canister shell, and proximity scan. That proximity scan gets me a ton of kills, both as gunner and driver. I've never had a perfect game go that high. I think my best perfect game was piloting a chopper, at 17-0. My best overall game though, is probably this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/47586 972/2/314714237/

Nice, my best game was when i went 55-0 using helicopter-tank-foot in that order, theres a picture i took a few pages back somewhere in this thread.

To anyone whos got the premium, do you get new guns FOR being a premium member or are the guns PART of the map packs? Say if i dont buy premium but i do buy the map packs ill still get the same guns and not miss out on any?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 14:45:34

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting Premium if I can get the money together, it's a good deal in my opinion. I'll be getting all the DLC anyway.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 16:25:55

At 6/6/12 02:01 PM, GHOST-KILLA wrote: To anyone whos got the premium, do you get new guns FOR being a premium member or are the guns PART of the map packs? Say if i dont buy premium but i do buy the map packs ill still get the same guns and not miss out on any?

I don't have Premium yet, but the guns should be a part of the map pack itself. Getting only the map packs means you will still get the weapons and assignments that come with them. As far as I know, Premium members only get exclusive weapon and person camos, and an exclusive yet sweet looking knife to use instead of the standard one. Nothing about them getting their own special weapons (yet, anyway).

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-06 17:38:12

At 6/6/12 05:22 AM, Klobb17 wrote: I usually have Reactive Armor, Zoom Optics, and I can't think what the third one is right now (Probably Proximity Scan or Maintenance) for my MBTs.

Pardon the double post, but I found out my third attachment: Guided Shells. I don't know why I could not think of it last night.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 02:25:56

Just bought the premium tonight.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 03:51:11

At 6/6/12 06:42 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: If I buy it later, will I still get everything, or will I miss out on content drops that occurred before I bought it?

You'll get everything. I went Premium and I received Back to Karkand, which I did not have before.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 04:34:10

At 6/7/12 04:07 AM, Protagonist wrote: You know, I was going to get this game but this new battlefield " premium" thing put me off. Is the game worth it to play WITHOUT this service until I can dish out more dough?

Absolutely, no doubt about it. It's worth it without any of the DLC. And bear in mind a lot of people wont buy it, especially not straight away, so don't worry about it not being worth it.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 06:00:48

At 6/7/12 04:07 AM, Protagonist wrote: You know, I was going to get this game but this new battlefield " premium" thing put me off. Is the game worth it to play WITHOUT this service until I can dish out more dough?

It's definitely still worth playing it. The main benefit of going Premium is the DLC discount. However, Premium members get queue preference, so I wouldn't recommend lining up for a full server!

Premium members still get some extra weapons, but like, whatever. It's not like DICE are going to make Premium weapons totally superior - it's just to give us paying members some variety and add some more fun to the game.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 08:42:43

I think i'll pass on buying on BF3 Premium.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-07 18:54:25

At 6/7/12 08:42 AM, JCFfilms wrote: I think i'll pass on buying on BF3 Premium.

I've got to agree on this one. At the end of the day, buying premium is only worth it - in terms of money - if you intend to buy all of the other expansion packs at full price. That's around a year at least playing this game. The expansions do go on sale on other websites so I can't see the point.
The only beneficial thing it nets you is the queue jump. Which is literally an ass move.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-08 12:48:04

I'd get premium but I've already got B2K and Close Quarters looks shite, so I'll be saving money that way. Think I'll get a new harddrive though.

god

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-08 17:58:56

Aek with Kobra sight and heavy barrel and fore grip is pretty good.Better than before at least.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-09 08:06:47

Found a bug, i mainly use the M16A4 but on my stats it says my favorite gun is the M16A3 which i have around 40 kills with appose to my 3k kills with the A4.

Not a big problem but it kinda sucks, when people look at my stats and it shows the wrong gun, i like the fact i use a Burst weapon instead of a full auto and do really well.. Not saying it makes me look better than people but i do think it takes a tad more skill to run with a Burst weapon.

Does dice know about this?

Hmm it shows M16A4 on battle log but on PS3 its the M16A3

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-15 18:30:23

im interested in the ac-130 for armored kill

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-16 10:26:50

At 6/9/12 08:06 AM, GHOST-KILLA wrote: Found a bug, i mainly use the M16A4 but on my stats it says my favorite gun is the M16A3 which i have around 40 kills with appose to my 3k kills with the A4.

Not a big problem but it kinda sucks, when people look at my stats and it shows the wrong gun, i like the fact i use a Burst weapon instead of a full auto and do really well.. Not saying it makes me look better than people but i do think it takes a tad more skill to run with a Burst weapon.

Does dice know about this?

Hmm it shows M16A4 on battle log but on PS3 its the M16A3

Please use the report-button to the left on Battlelog to submit the bug. That's the best way of having the bug noticed in case it isn't already! And if it is, the more reports a bug gets, the more likely it is that the bug will be fixed! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-16 14:15:51

At 6/15/12 06:30 PM, kazumazkan wrote: im interested in the ac-130 for armored kill

I'm curious as to whether we'll actually be able to fly the damn thing, or if we just spawn in a gunner position inside of it while it flies circles around the map. I really am hoping that the AC-130 is flyable, personally. It'll give me a chance to bonk people on the head with the enormous wings

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-16 17:23:04

At 6/16/12 02:15 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 6/15/12 06:30 PM, kazumazkan wrote: im interested in the ac-130 for armored kill
I'm curious as to whether we'll actually be able to fly the damn thing, or if we just spawn in a gunner position inside of it while it flies circles around the map. I really am hoping that the AC-130 is flyable, personally. It'll give me a chance to bonk people on the head with the enormous wings

well i just heard it just flys above the map and you and another person are the gunners

it would of been bad ass if you could of been able to fly it but some people said it was a good idea to have fly on it's own so dumb ass's or noobs won't crash it

also so since it's so vulnerable you'll have to defend it from attackers/enemy jets

looks sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wapDDxuvhCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do7kytMjGWg

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-17 00:27:39

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-18 13:38:53

At 6/17/12 12:27 AM, NerdLiife wrote: Nerdy is credit to team!!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50378 970/2/248949380/

damn dude

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-18 13:46:29

So some guy got 8 kills while you got 30, yet he only had 3,000 less score. That guy was probably the most helpful with the objective. Maybe you should have helped your team win more.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-18 14:51:06

At 6/18/12 01:46 PM, Makeshift wrote:

So some guy got 8 kills while you got 30, yet he only had 3,000 less score. That guy was probably the most helpful with the objective. Maybe you should have helped your team win more.

He probably got 10,000 of those points from playing objective since he'd only get about 3000 for the kills alone.

god

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-21 05:50:53

Played a game of TDM this morning. Did pretty decent seeing how i was using the AS VAL.
I had to keep killing the idiots that sat on the crane the whole game though....
Battle Report

Am I the only one who has to deal with the idiot snipers on top of that crane?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-22 06:03:50

Oh man, Premium and Close Quarters is so awesome. I just started using the F2000 for the assignments and it's so good. Got a service star in about 3 games, it's so much better without a sight though.

Also, got a double XP tomorrow, which should be fun, I've missed all the double XPs so far.

I think it's Premium only though.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-22 10:22:40

At 6/22/12 06:03 AM, Snuff wrote: Oh man, Premium and Close Quarters is so awesome. I just started using the F2000 for the assignments and it's so good. Got a service star in about 3 games, it's so much better without a sight though.

Also, got a double XP tomorrow, which should be fun, I've missed all the double XPs so far.

I think it's Premium only though.

i wish i had the money to Premium well i do but then im gonna see that i really need the money instead of buying Premium service just to get maps and dlc early etc etc.

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-24 07:47:15

Premium just pisses me off. Already paid £40 for this game, then they have the cheek to try and get you to pay another £40 for this shit. Why not just do a season pass? That'd be fine, its just normal nowadays for map packs to cost a lot. But no, this is EA trying to milk even more money out of us. I could easily get Premium, but I'm against the fact that in total you have to pay £80 to get the best experience and be better than all of the regular players. Premium only servers and double XP weekends? Stupid as hell. This isn't an MMORPG. If this was F2P, I'd understand - but its not, we've already paid for it, we should already be getting the best experience.

god

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-26 00:48:39

Why aren't the maps released at 12am? Fuck.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-06-26 04:59:45

At 6/26/12 01:56 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 6/24/12 07:47 AM, dogpup4 wrote: Premium just pisses me off.
The other stuff is just icing on the cake. The main reason to get Premium is to get all the current and future weapon and map packs.

Yeah that's the main reason I got it, saves me having to fork out each time they release new DLC.

Getting the DLC 2 Weeks early isn't even particularly great either because I you constantly find games with like 3 people in, sometimes takes time to find a full server.