00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,058,784 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2017-09-09 14:29:48

At 9/8/17 09:43 PM, Viper wrote: New Electric Wizard song.
See You In Hell
Some people have said they can't get it to play in their country because they're outside the US. I'm HOPING that it's fine now but I have no idea. It's definitely an Electric Wizard song but it's more...bluesy I guess? Like it's still heavy but it has a blues edge to it. But it also feels like something is "missing" in there.

Can't see the video :/

But Electric Wizard have been going down this more psychedelic rock/blues rock path for a while now. I liked it on Witchcult Today, but I'll have to listen to this new material to really know.

At 9/6/17 01:00 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: What do you consider to be obvious ones than? One man bands like Burzum maybe? Or two men bands like Forefather? Couldn't these bands get live musicians to play with?
Yeah pretty much. But it's more so that I can't imagine them being able to get the right atmosphere.
And I also can't imagine anyone wanting to PLAY with Varg so..

Varg has a massive following actually :P And I'm not about to say that the guy is an angel or defend him in any way, but I doubt he'll ever kill someone again. He's an old guy making YouTube videos and living his survivalist life with his French wife and kids. He's not the arsonist black metal kid of the 90's anymore.

It's more of bands that have one or two members but either: I can't see anyone wanting to play live with them, they have no intention of playing live, or the band relies too much on "studio magic" or outside musicians and therefore the band wouldn't really be able to do what they do on the album in a live setting.

For the "no intention of playing live", that's kind of the point of my post though. It's something we'd like to see happening, not something that's going to happen. But what bands do you think wouldn't work live otherwise?

Response to Metal Hell 2017-09-13 13:37:17

new black dahlia murder album coming soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voxtdphvP5k

Response to Metal Hell 2017-09-13 16:27:39

@HeavenDuff
Been busy so I'll try to respond to your post later.

Anyways, new Monolord and R.I.P.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-09-15 14:04:26

At 9/9/17 02:29 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Can't see the video :/

But Electric Wizard have been going down this more psychedelic rock/blues rock path for a while now. I liked it on Witchcult Today, but I'll have to listen to this new material to really know.

Well it IS apparently on Spotify. But I don't have Spotify. A "secret group" I'm a member of on Facebook made an account made an account for anyone on there who wants to listen to it. I can PM you the deets if you don't have a Spotify.

Varg has a massive following actually :P And I'm not about to say that the guy is an angel or defend him in any way, but I doubt he'll ever kill someone again. He's an old guy making YouTube videos and living his survivalist life with his French wife and kids. He's not the arsonist black metal kid of the 90's anymore.

Yeah that IS true.. though it feels like there are more than a few people that don't exactly "line up" with his ideologies haha.

For the "no intention of playing live", that's kind of the point of my post though. It's something we'd like to see happening, not something that's going to happen. But what bands do you think wouldn't work live otherwise?

Eh fair enough. Though after sitting down and thinking about it technically most bands could play live. Ya know unless "important" band members or almost all/all members are dead. So bands like Bathory wouldn't be able to play live seeing as Quorthon was Bathory.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-07 15:24:02

Saw Gojira last night. They fucking killed it. Awesome show.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-09 18:40:50

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-15 12:52:05 (edited 2017-10-15 12:55:09)

Hello, great rebellious and scary metal listeners.

I listen to a big ol' bunch of music, but when it comes to metal I always get stuck in that little black metal bubble. Starting to feel like I'm missing out on a lot of great stuff, so I'm coming here to humbly request some recommendations to GET MYSELF OUTTA THE DUNGEON. I don't need you to keep "essential albums" or "entry points" in mind, just give me your fav records that I MUST listen to be a TRVE METAL FAN in your eyes.

This is my RYM if you want to see if I've heard something before you pass it to me.

thank you all and hail satan 666 or whatever

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-15 19:13:40

At 10/7/17 03:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Saw Gojira last night. They fucking killed it. Awesome show.

Oh man! Are Gojira fucking amazing live or what?

It's always a fucking chaotic mess in their pits two! Loved them when they played the Heavy Montreal in 2015

At 10/15/17 12:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: I don't need you to keep "essential albums" or "entry points" in mind, just give me your fav records that I MUST listen to be a TRVE METAL FAN in your eyes.

Any specific genre or anything goes?

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-15 19:22:43

At 10/15/17 07:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Any specific genre or anything goes?

Anything but black metal, I've got enough of that.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-16 01:40:17

At 10/15/17 07:22 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 10/15/17 07:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Any specific genre or anything goes?
Anything but black metal, I've got enough of that.

I'm a huge death metal fan, so I'm gonna start there.

Starting off with most of Bolt Thrower's catalog. Everything they ever did is amazing. But if I have to pick just a few, I highly recommand the second one: Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness. This is when they started moving away from their grindcore roots towards death metal, but the grindcore elements are still very much there and complement the whole thing amazingly.

Then they have released a few amazing albums, such as Warmaster and The IVth Crusade. Which are both fucking amazing in their own rights. Their last album, Those Once Loyal.

Cannibal Corpse is an all around amazing band. I have a soft spot for their albums Tomb of the Mutilated, Bloodthirst, Kill and Evisceration Plague. Classic death metal. Very riff oriented, lots of great bass guitar, and every album feels and sound different.

In modern death metal there is Blood Red Throne. Their album Altered Genesis is iconic. It is everything that's amazing about modern death metal. They have other great releases that I highly recommend, such as Affiliated with the Suffering, Souls of Damnation and Brutalitarian Regime.

Of course I recommend the entirety of Death's catalog, although I'm not a huge fan of Individual Thought Patterns. Scream Bloody Gore, Human and Symbolic are amazing records!

If you like the album Human, try the album Focus by Cynic. Two of the guys who played on Human have writen and recorded Focus. Great prog death/jazz fusion record.

Do you know Morbid Angel? You should. Their first record, Altars of Madness, is genre defining.

If you like technical and brutal stuff, try Origin's Antithesis and Fleshgod Apocalypse's Oracles. But stay away from the rest of FA's discog. It's shit...

A lot of people overlook Benighted's work. They play a chaotic, brutal and insane kind of death metal. Try Insane Cephalic Production and Icon. Great records.

Cryptosy's first two records are also very raw and perfectly crafted records. None So Vile is my favorite out of the two.

And here's a few more if you're interested
Quo Vadis - Day into Night
Beyond Creation - The Aura
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
Demilich - Nespith
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams
Nader Sadek - In The Flesh
Blotted Science - The Machinations of Dementia
Decapitated - The Negation
Necrophagist - Unset of Putrefaction
Chthe'ilist - Amechth'ntaas'm'rriachth
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity (not Obscura, regardless of what others say)
Kronos - Titan's Awakening

And I'll do another genre another day :P

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-16 20:37:58

At 10/15/17 08:20 PM, Viper wrote: Lets see...for me personally I'd suggest stuff like this
At 10/16/17 01:40 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: And I'll do another genre another day :P

wowee you guys are p rad thanks for the mountain of recs.

Did sample listens of everything listed and made notes of "high priority" albums out of those to check out. Will report back.

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-18 19:44:37

At 10/15/17 07:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 10/7/17 03:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Saw Gojira last night. They fucking killed it. Awesome show.
Oh man! Are Gojira fucking amazing live or what?

Hell yeah. Saw them in Connecticut. They had this hydraulic air shit shooting out in time with the beats at certain moments. I wished they would do Global Warming and Low Hands, but they played a lot of favs like L'Enfant Sauvage, Ocean Planet, and Oroborus, which was the "finale" (except for the couple of encores). Mario's drum solo was pretty sweet. He also switched places with Joe briefly and played guitar and did death growls. I kinda missed out on Torche's set cuz I was at the bar the whole time waiting for my shots and beer, but they sounded good. I also got a Magma shirt.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-10-30 14:21:33

new black dahlia murder album is great, best one since ritual.

Response to Metal Hell 2017-11-15 13:18:51

Anyone else check out the new Electric Wizard album?
I've been a fan of them for YEARS now but.. I don't know. Something just didn't click with me. The opening track (the single they released) and the last song are really the only ones that stood out to me. Literally every other track felt like one long song that I just DID NOT hear the ending to because they all blended together or they sounded different enough to tell where the previous track ended but it was already close to the end of the album. Overall I'd recommend it if you REALLY want to listen to the new EW album, but to me it's meh even compared to Time to Die or Black Masses. Probably their weakest album to date.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-01 14:11:37

Haven't been on here in quite some time. How's everyone doing?

I pretty much only listen to black metal now. Every now and then I'll throw in some Bolt Thrower and some Kreator, but otherwise it's strictly underground raw black metal.

Anyone ever hear of these guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nus9AuM7YxY

Not really too underground nor raw but still sick nonetheless. I hope they get bigger and eventually come tour here in the US.

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-09 10:22:34 (edited 2017-12-09 10:23:10)

At 12/1/17 02:11 PM, mothballs wrote: Haven't been on here in quite some time. How's everyone doing?

I pretty much only listen to black metal now. Every now and then I'll throw in some Bolt Thrower and some Kreator, but otherwise it's strictly underground raw black metal.

Anyone ever hear of these guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nus9AuM7YxY

Not really too underground nor raw but still sick nonetheless. I hope they get bigger and eventually come tour here in the US.

I like whats going on instrumentally. Reminds me of Inquisition a lil bit. However, the vocalist feels way too drowned out in the mix imo.

normalgeist-villsvin

Art - Music - Podcast

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-12 14:27:40

At 12/9/17 10:22 AM, normalgeist wrote: I like whats going on instrumentally. Reminds me of Inquisition a lil bit. However, the vocalist feels way too drowned out in the mix imo.

Hmm, interesting. I always liked when the vocals sound slightly drowned out. Makes the music sound more obscure.

Speaking of Inquisition...saw them a few months ago. They were absolutely sick as always. And got a chance to meet Dagon, the guitarist/vocalist. You'd never know this guy did Inquisition if you saw him on the streets.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-14 19:01:06

Not that i've ever minded Inquisition's vocals but...I'm surprised it isn't popeye lmao.

Jokes aside; that's pretty cool! I'm sure they sound evil as hell live :D

normalgeist-villsvin

Art - Music - Podcast

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-16 07:32:38

Howdy everybody!

I haven't posted, or even visited, Newgrounds in LITERAL YEARS. But so many of your user names are oh-so familar. I'm def fb friends with some of you, pretty sure Heaven-Duff is my buddy from Canada who posts lots of FB posts in French? Ha

If anybody here who remembers me shoots me a private message, i'd be down to be Facebook friends and chat with you again!

Updates about me? I used to live in Massachusetts, now I live in North California. Still in metal, but not as much as I used to be, but I have been going to Progpower USA the past couple of years and went to the first Days of Darkness festival this year; thinking about maybe hitting up California Deathfest and/or Psycho Las Vegas in 2018!

That's about it for me. I joined Newgrounds when I was literally 12 (despite me constantly bullshitting all over the forum and lying about details of my life whoops) but it's crazy looking back at this website after so long. The "redesign" is so fucking gorgeous, even ten years later. Wow.

Also, someone just mentioned how dead the clubs and crews forum is, it was wild revisiting the "Bleach club"; literally hundreds and hundreds of posts, but like, 70% of them were mine basically just talking to myself. I was a loser lmfao

Okay, cheers!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2017-12-21 16:55:20

At 12/1/17 02:11 PM, mothballs wrote: Haven't been on here in quite some time. How's everyone doing?

It's been like that for me two, but with two genres. I listen mostly to death metal and black metal these days. And a little grindcore with Carcass, which I find absolutely fucking amazing, btw, and with Bolt Thrower's early material. I love everything they do, but only their first record, and arguably their second, classifies as grindcore.

At 12/12/17 02:27 PM, mothballs wrote:

Speaking of Inquisition...saw them a few months ago. They were absolutely sick as always. And got a chance to meet Dagon, the guitarist/vocalist. You'd never know this guy did Inquisition if you saw him on the streets.

I saw them live a few years back for the first Messe-des-Morts in Montreal. There seemed to be issues with them getting on stage. They came on stage, then said they were leaving, but eventually came back. Dunno what that was all about. They were great though. I didn't know them all that much at the time, but it was still fun to discover their music.

That same night I discovered the crust/black metal band Infernal Stronghold. You might like them. They are fucking abbrasive, violent and raw!

At 12/16/17 07:32 AM, AniMetal wrote: Howdy everybody!

I haven't posted, or even visited, Newgrounds in LITERAL YEARS. But so many of your user names are oh-so familar. I'm def fb friends with some of you, pretty sure Heaven-Duff is my buddy from Canada who posts lots of FB posts in French? Ha

Yeah, that would be me. I was surprised to see your name in this thread. Reminds me of the old days of the Metal Hell.

That's about it for me. I joined Newgrounds when I was literally 12 (despite me constantly bullshitting all over the forum and lying about details of my life whoops) but it's crazy looking back at this website after so long. The "redesign" is so fucking gorgeous, even ten years later. Wow.

It does look good. I've been around for a long time two! Since 2004, when I was 14 years old. And I said a lot of dumb shit myself :P

Also, someone just mentioned how dead the clubs and crews forum is, it was wild revisiting the "Bleach club"; literally hundreds and hundreds of posts, but like, 70% of them were mine basically just talking to myself. I was a loser lmfao

It's sad to see. Newgrounds as a whole isn't as big as it used to be. I know that they downsized the whole administratives department and that they moved to a smaller office. Flash animation is not at the same place it used to be :O

Response to Metal Hell 2018-02-05 13:04:57

Man, I haven't posted here in a while (7-8 years?), interesting to reflect on how much my musical taste changed. I only listened to power metal (Helloween/Gamma Ray) back then, and now I mostly listen to heavier stuff (death/doom).

Lately I've been trying to search for more modern bands, back then I had this prejudice against newer stuff (yeah pretty much your stereotypical metalhead teenager "only the classics are great!!!" bullshit). Anyways, here's some of the stuff I've been listening the most lately:

Electric Wizard: Dopethrone and Come my Fanatics
Autopsy: Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves
Testament: The Gathering (one of my fav. albums lately)
Rivers of Nihil: Monarchy
Voodoopriest: Mandu (brazilian death metal band check it out on YT if you want)

And that's pretty much all that I can remember from the top of my head, if anyone's still around, feel free to suggest or listen to whatever I posted lol

Response to Metal Hell 2018-03-13 16:30:00

At 4/15/04 08:28 PM, Goatchrist wrote: Welcome to the Metal hell :)

My current favorite band? Gojira !

Drink coffee.

Response to Metal Hell 2018-03-13 21:17:15

At 3/13/18 04:30 PM, Hesiolite wrote:

Any other bands?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2018-03-14 00:32:12

At 3/13/18 09:17 PM, Viper wrote:
At 3/13/18 04:30 PM, Hesiolite wrote:
Any other bands?

Yes please.

(I won'der if Goatchrist knows that people are still quoting his very first post when joining in here :P)

Response to Metal Hell 2018-04-08 10:55:16

I don't know what compelled my brother and I to look this up this morning, but we found an interesting Mexican metal band. Figured you fine folks would be interested in taking a look.

Brujeria - Viva Presidente Trump!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2018-04-10 11:07:18

I don't know what this topic is about but I have to say that for heavy metal I will die!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefZwIZP_YI

Response to Metal Hell 2018-04-10 11:08:41

With metal we live with metal we die!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58TkUCMcwnk

Response to Metal Hell 2018-04-23 11:12:21

So this popped up in my Facebook feed, and it's... really, really brutal. (In the best possible way.) Insanely noisy with wild vocals.

Response to Metal Hell 2018-05-07 00:27:18

Check out these bad mofos
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2XTI3hIGCTk

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature