Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 2,066,455 Views
  • 78,613 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-28 14:17:02 Reply

At 7/27/13 10:32 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
We love titties!

More of an ass man myself

My wife

As far as metal is concerned, has anyone heard Aborym's new album, Dirty?

My friends mostly like it, and I personally find it to be quite pleasing, except the guitars, which I found to be quite underwhelming (too many one chord sections, way too "chordy", not enough riffs, not enough solos, etc...) but otherwise quite a poignant and expressive album.

Thoughts?

Metal Hell


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-29 17:44:25 Reply

At 7/27/13 10:32 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/27/13 10:17 PM, smeagol1 wrote: In regards to Varg's recent media attention, I think it's incredibly pathetic how big of a nanny police state France is for freaking out over him transporting firearms and having no evidence what-so-ever of plotting a terrorist attack and still charging him. However being a firm support and political activist of the second amendment in my area I can say this now he lost his rights to own firearms by killing Euronymous in cold blood.
Guns should be legal, cause otherwise we couldn't have the perfect combination of tits and guns, ya know?

Pew Pew Pew! *Bounce Bounce Bounce*
We love titties!

I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-29 18:39:01 Reply

At 7/29/13 05:44 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...

I'm American and I'm not obsessed with guns....


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-29 20:05:55 Reply

At 7/29/13 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 7/29/13 05:44 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...
I'm American and I'm not obsessed with guns....

Thank god. But in general, most americans seem to be pro-guns or something, and I personally hate them. And I just realized I wrote 'obcession' instead of 'obsession', I don't communicate in english very often so I let myself commit such mistakes, I'm sorry.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-29 20:21:55 Reply

At 7/29/13 08:05 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/29/13 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 7/29/13 05:44 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...
I'm American and I'm not obsessed with guns....
Thank god. But in general, most americans seem to be pro-guns or something, and I personally hate them. And I just realized I wrote 'obcession' instead of 'obsession', I don't communicate in english very often so I let myself commit such mistakes, I'm sorry.

The majority of americans are pro-gun control. Most cities are sick of guns, because there are hella gangs with automatic assault rifles and people are tired of burying their friends and families prematurely. In one neighborhood in Oakland, the murder rate one year was 70 people, in one 3 sq mile neighborhood. Just sayin'.

Again, in metal discussion, I recently procured an Epiphone LP with a flamed cherry sunburst top. I'm gonna replace the humbuckers and electronics and turn it into a fender-sounding Les Paul with serious output. I fuckin' love guitars.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-29 22:57:34 Reply

Newsted's new album Heavy Metal Music is currently up and can be listened to here. It's actually not bad.

At 7/29/13 08:05 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Thank god. But in general, most americans seem to be pro-guns or something, and I personally hate them.

You're somewhat right about that. Though I know plenty of people (myself included) that want at least somewhat stricter gun control.

And I just realized I wrote 'obcession' instead of 'obsession', I don't communicate in english very often so I let myself commit such mistakes, I'm sorry.

Ah its fine. I actually didn't even notice it xD


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-30 02:09:01 Reply

At 7/29/13 05:44 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...

You're just not getting it!

So, metal stuff:
I've recently acquired a few great albums
Sigh - In Somniphobia
Sigh - Scorn Defeat *Plus the EP To Hell And Back
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
John Haughm & Mathias Grassow - Mosaic (that's not metal, but fuck you)

Be jealous

Yeah, I went on a Sigh frenzy...
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-30 04:40:21 Reply

At 7/29/13 08:05 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Thank god. But in general, most americans seem to be pro-guns or something, and I personally hate them. And I just realized I wrote 'obcession' instead of 'obsession', I don't communicate in english very often so I let myself commit such mistakes, I'm sorry.

I love guns; I hate when people misuse them. I really wish there were less guns in America and that they were much more difficult to get. I think a multiple week (lengthiness of course is important, to discourage casuals) pass/fail course on proper gun control and handling should be a MUST, and aftermarket sales should be illegal and enforced by strict registration process. This isn't politics forum though, sorry about that.

I am excited as fuck for Arcturus's next album that will hopefully be out this year: their most recent album, Sideshow Symphonies, is my favorite album out of their entire discography, and one of my favorite albums of all time. They seem to be the only band that gets Vortex's vocals right, which absolutely makes that album for me.


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-30 21:40:01 Reply

At 7/29/13 05:44 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:

I know you're Canadian Duff, but I think smeagol is American, and I can't understand that obcession you Americans have with guns. Seriously, it's like your lives depend on it, get a safer toy to play with...

Lets put it this way in simple terms, Why would a government that allows the IRS to target patriot and tea party groups, that allows the Department of Homeland Security horde 2.4 billion rounds of ammo (most of them hollow points) and 10,000 light armored tanks, that allows the NSA to spy on all it's citizens and that publicly funds Al Qaeda would want to disarm it's people? let that sink in.... the second amendment is the backbone to the constitution, it's the last resort to keeping tyranny restrained and to protect the people from Government. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting what so ever and these tyrant traitors like Michael Bloomberg ask "why we need AR-15's?" Why do you need jetcopters, fully armored redoubts and armed bodyguards? The anti gunners in power are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen.

Your more likely to be killed by a deer than a gun, hands kill more people that guns should we ban those? Or better yet more people are killed with hammers should we label them assault hammers and ban them? Drunk drivers kill more people than guns yet we don't do shit about that.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people any who think gun control is the answer should tell that to the Jew of Nazi Germany, The millions dead at the hands of Stalin, the millions Mao killed in China and the millions Pol Pot killed in Cambodia. The U.N states in it's small arms treaty citizen ownership of firearms is a threat to the monopoly of force that only Government should have.

Without the second the rest of the bill of rights and constitution would be gone in a matter of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfMooFBM8E

Metal Hell


Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-30 22:01:52 Reply

You'd love the site Action Girls, duff. Naked chicks with guns.


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-30 23:24:57 Reply

Goddamnit this ain't the fucking politics forum. As informed as I think I am, I realize there's a time and place for everything.

My personal experience is that discussions of politics or religion in inappropriate places leads to hurt feelings and broken friendships. We're here to talk about metal, and while we normally have a broad tolerance for off-topic discussion, politics is the anathema to metal, since politics divides people and metal unites people. I know I lost my privilege of being horseman when I went up the river for a couple years, but I'm still the oldest of oldfags here now and that still means something. I love the metal hell, and love it enough that when I got out of prison and got internet (finally) earlier last year the first thing I did was reactivate my NG account specifically for the purpose of rejoining the 'hell. I've been here for years (since some of you were still wetting your pants and having recess) and I don't take very kindly to discussions of shit like politics here, since that threatens the unity of the club I love so much. Seriously, leave that shit in the politics forum where it belongs, not here.

And, for those who feel that was TL;DR, STFU about politics, it's an argument no one will win and will just piss ppl off.

Peace out.

Metal Hell


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 00:51:33 Reply

At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Post

I've had this debate countless times, but I'll have to go with the other members of the Metal Hell here. I'm not too sure if we should get into an elaborate debate about this in here. I love having these discussions, I'm not doing my master in political science for no reason, you know :P

Sorry if my posts affected you negatively.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:16:37 Reply

At 7/31/13 12:51 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Post
I've had this debate countless times, but I'll have to go with the other members of the Metal Hell here. I'm not too sure if we should get into an elaborate debate about this in here. I love having these discussions, I'm not doing my master in political science for no reason, you know :P

Sorry if my posts affected you negatively.

Thing is, I studied political science too Duff. But one thing that I realized when I was in prison that you haven't realized yet is that there is a time and place for your opinions, depending on the subject of the opinions and the place or forum.

In prison, voicing your opinion at the wrong timelplace could get you killed. In real life, it's not that dire, but one thing I always know to start arguments that won't ever be resolved is politics and religion. In forums dedicated to that purpose, it's great, because you hear other points of view you might not otherwise hear and can thus broadly expand our bases and grow intellectually.

However, a forum dedicated to metal is not that place. Unless we are talking about attitudes of certain bands, that's cool. When that spills into a generalized political debate, I've seen enough (and been in enough actual collegiate debates) to know where that's headed. I don't know how old you are Duff, although I'm sure it says it in your profile. I'm not trying to talk down to you, but don't act like you're the only poli-sci major around here. Just because I know about politics doesn't mean I have to spout my opinions everywhere.

Intelligence and well researched opinions are like clean underwear. They're nice to have, and in a clutch situation, can prove invaluable, but you don't need to show them off in public. I don't go to the metal hell to see people's opinions on guns. My dad and facebook have enough of that shit. I frankly do not give a fuck since 90% of the people out there don't research their opinions, ever. They just read shit on facebook and assume it to be true, which is the exact opposite of critical thinking.

That's why I don't want that cancer to spread to the metal hell. Sorry if I come off sounding bitter, because I am. I'm horrifically jaded, and most people on both sides of the debate paint a grim picture of America, albeit for different reasons. Your posts did not offend me, but I just dislike amateur political debates. I prefer more academic settings for discussing of matters such as this.

And sorry if this post offends anyone. I honestly care, and I like every single one of you, but I felt I had to make a stand.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:17:52 Reply

So Metal Archives took down the album stuff I put up for Peace by Vista Chino. I could understand it if Kyuss wasn't on the site because they're "Stoner Rock" or whatever. But Kyuss is on the site and Vista Chino is just Kyuss but with a different name.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:26:30 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:16 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: Stuff

Just calm the fuck down, dude... I didn't say anything about any kind of political subject. And don't patronize me, especially not with the "I've been through stuff you didn't, so you can't understand."

I seriously don't know why you are me that paternalistic lecture. All I did was post a video of girls firing guns in sexy clothes. As far as I'm concerned I'm the one who said the least about my opinions and knowledge on the matter of guns and gun control.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:26:42 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:17 AM, Viper50 wrote: So Metal Archives took down the album stuff I put up for Peace by Vista Chino. I could understand it if Kyuss wasn't on the site because they're "Stoner Rock" or whatever. But Kyuss is on the site and Vista Chino is just Kyuss but with a different name.

Metal Archives takes an "album by album" approach. That is, they have to have released an album relevant to the metal scene under that name to qualify. I don't know shit about Kyuss or Vista Chino, so that's just a guess.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:37:38 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:26 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 02:16 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: Stuff

Stuff

I'm perfectly calm. And the "paternalistic lecture" you're referring to is when someone disagrees with you. And yes, I have been through shit you can't imagine, so don't insinuate that you have been through equivalent experiences.

OR this could be for flying off the handle on me several pages back for criticizing James LaBrie.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 02:38:07 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:26 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: Metal Archives takes an "album by album" approach. That is, they have to have released an album relevant to the metal scene under that name to qualify. I don't know shit about Kyuss or Vista Chino, so that's just a guess.

Ah okay. Well....I downloaded the Vista Chino album (still buying it though) and it does have some metalish stuff.
I think they'd need an album thats completely metal though....
It's not as "heavy" as something like Blues For The Red Sun so its like somewhere between Wretch and Kyuss (Welcome To Sky Valley).
...And The Circus Leaves Town

don't ask about the random link at the end. I'm bored and its like 1:30 in the morning so I decided to link to all 4 of their albums, haha.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 04:04:02 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:37 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: I'm perfectly calm. And the "paternalistic lecture" you're referring to is when someone disagrees with you. And yes, I have been through shit you can't imagine, so don't insinuate that you have been through equivalent experiences.

I know that having life experiences will have effects on your personnality, but I just can't understand why you'd use your life experiences to devaluate my argumentative positions on a matter or another. That's pretty bordering on ad hominem argumentation field, if you ask me. I don't see how going to jail would help you understand any better than me that there are certain specific situations in which you have to learn to stay quiet or to be tactful. That's like saying you need to get cut by a chainsaw to be able to understand not to put your fingers on the blades. Not only is it false, but you just come out as pretentious when you use that kind of flawed logic. Like you have some kind of higher understanding of social encounters then me for the sole purpose that you went to jail.

I also have my very own life experiences. But I don't think that it is highly relevent to mention those when debatting.

OR this could be for flying off the handle on me several pages back for criticizing James LaBrie.

I said it was "stupid" to call him a whiny little girl. It might have been a little too much or innapropriate, but if that's what you call "flying off the handle"...

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 06:04:04 Reply

At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
Lets put it this way in simple terms, Why would a government that allows the IRS to target patriot and tea party groups, that allows the Department of Homeland Security horde 2.4 billion rounds of ammo (most of them hollow points) and 10,000 light armored tanks, that allows the NSA to spy on all it's citizens and that publicly funds Al Qaeda would want to disarm it's people? let that sink in.... the second amendment is the backbone to the constitution, it's the last resort to keeping tyranny restrained and to protect the people from Government. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting what so ever and these tyrant traitors like Michael Bloomberg ask "why we need AR-15's?" Why do you need jetcopters, fully armored redoubts and armed bodyguards? The anti gunners in power are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen.

Your more likely to be killed by a deer than a gun, hands kill more people that guns should we ban those? Or better yet more people are killed with hammers should we label them assault hammers and ban them? Drunk drivers kill more people than guns yet we don't do shit about that.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people any who think gun control is the answer should tell that to the Jew of Nazi Germany, The millions dead at the hands of Stalin, the millions Mao killed in China and the millions Pol Pot killed in Cambodia. The U.N states in it's small arms treaty citizen ownership of firearms is a threat to the monopoly of force that only Government should have.

Without the second the rest of the bill of rights and constitution would be gone in a matter of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfMooFBM8E

If you're going to use the argument that guns don't kill but people do, then why do you want a gun in the first place? So you won't kill while you're enjoying the possession of a gun? I mean if we're already able to kill with our bare hands, with tools, with our recklessness... Well, gives us guns, we might kill less!? But oh well, I'm an hippie-like pacifist that thinks all guns should be destroyed and all that stuff and bows should be used for hunting instead.

And don't you bring me the argument of self-defense, because in a civilized society, if we need guns to feel protected, then the problem is not in people not owning guns, but the lack of government's control in the criminality of your country. This being said, FUCK AMERICA! Just kidding, but sometimes you can be real cunts about guns.

Also, that video made me even more convinced of my own points, all I heard was delusional.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 13:51:37 Reply

Red Fang have released the album art for their new album titled (for some reason) Whales And Leeches.

I say "for some reason" because Whales and Leeches was a song from their first album and this is their 3rd.

Metal Hell


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 13:52:20 Reply

At 7/31/13 06:04 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
Chicken

In all seriousness guys, you can create an official debate page on the politics forum to debate gun control.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 14:43:32 Reply

At 7/31/13 04:04 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 02:37 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: I'm perfectly calm. And the "paternalistic lecture" you're referring to is when someone disagrees with you. And yes, I have been through shit you can't imagine, so don't insinuate that you have been through equivalent experiences.
I know that having life experiences will have effects on your personnality, but I just can't understand why you'd use your life experiences to devaluate my argumentative positions on a matter or another.

There's your problem. For starters, devaluate is not a word; the word you're looking for is devalue. That being out of the way, I didn't devalue any of your arguments. I merely stated that you should take them somewhere where they're needed, and not here.

That's pretty bordering on ad hominem argumentation field, if you ask me. I don't see how going to jail would help you understand any better than me that there are certain specific situations in which you have to learn to stay quiet or to be tactful.

Because in prison, being loud and obnoxious gets you killed. If you can't see how that would teach you how to keep your mouth shut when the situation requires is, I don't know how to spell it out any clearer for you. That's not a fuckin ad-hominem attack. I never attacked your personality or your person; I merely disagreed with you. If anyone has attacked someone's character, it's you, Duff.

That's like saying you need to get cut by a chainsaw to be able to understand not to put your fingers on the blades. Not only is it false, but you just come out as pretentious when you use that kind of flawed logic. Like you have some kind of higher understanding of social encounters then me for the sole purpose that you went to jail.

No, you don't need to get your fingers stuck in blades to know not to do that, but if you were to in fact cut your fingers with a chainsaw, I'm pretty damn sure you're a lot less likely to do that again than someone who hasn't done that. And yes, going to prison does teach you a lot about life, if you're willing to learn.

From the post you made, it is not me who is devaluing you, but you who is devaluing me. You insisted that my experiences which you do not have do not matter and are irrelevant. You seem to believe that opinions that contradict your own are worthless/incorrect. I have not devalued anything you have said; I merely stated that the Metal Hell was not the place to say it.


I also have my very own life experiences. But I don't think that it is highly relevent to mention those when debatting.

You are nothing without your experiences, Duff. They are always relevant. And besides, I wasn't debating. I was ending the debate. I've had collegiate debates before and I know when I'm debating. Last night, I was telling y'all to STFU about politics since this not the place for that. I apologize for whatever contribution I made to that, but I saw it getting a little heated, so I interjected, and felt my personal experiences would be a guide in explaining why arguing about politics in a metal forum is a bad idea.

OR this could be for flying off the handle on me several pages back for criticizing James LaBrie.
I said it was "stupid" to call him a whiny little girl. It might have been a little too much or innapropriate, but if that's what you call "flying off the handle"...

You wrote 4 paragraphs in response to a one sentence handle. That's overreacting. You have a habit of doing that whenever someone disagrees with you. I noticed this years ago when you first joined the metal hell, and it's only gotten worse since. What really grinded my gears, though, was that you insisted that I was crazy for liking Domenici better than LaBrie, when it turns out...

You didn't actually listen to Domenici. That is, you were talking out of your ass because someone insulted your hero.

I know this is a lot to read, Duff, but this is something I've noticed for years, and that is you shut down and attempt to steamroll anybody who disagrees with you online, probably because you can't do that in real life. Either way, I realize I'm never gonna change you, so I guess trying to talk to you is a pointless affair.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 14:51:34 Reply

At 7/31/13 01:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:04 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
Chicken
In all seriousness guys, you can create an official debate page on the politics forum to debate gun control.

Thank you Duff. Take back that previous post I made, I didn't see this post you made.

Or rather, take back 70% of it. It was based off of outdated information. I still mean the parts about you steamrolling people who disagree with you, but parts referring to me trying to end the gun control debate here in the 'hell can't help but sound outdated considering this post you made.

Sorry for the double post, and I'm about to leave for work so y'all don't have to put up with my craziness for a while


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 15:38:39 Reply

At 7/31/13 01:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:04 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
Chicken
In all seriousness guys, you can create an official debate page on the politics forum to debate gun control.

I have nothing more to say about this subject, there was just no need to create a new thread when all I had to do was answering.

On the subject of Metal, I'm getting really fond of hardcore/post-hardcore-influenced metal, not metalcore, bands like Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, specially when it meets sludge. What would you recommend me?


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 16:28:30 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:43 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: There's your problem. For starters, devaluate is not a word; the word you're looking for is devalue. That being out of the way, I didn't devalue any of your arguments. I merely stated that you should take them somewhere where they're needed, and not here.

Why do you feel the need to correct my spelling? On peut parler en français si tu veux. Ce serait plus facile pour moi, mais je doute que tu parles un seul mot de français. N'est-ce pas ?

And like previously stated, I DIDN'T SPEAK MY OPINION. I'd write it bigger if it could help you understand, but I can't.

Because in prison, being loud and obnoxious gets you killed. If you can't see how that would teach you how to keep your mouth shut when the situation requires is, I don't know how to spell it out any clearer for you. That's not a fuckin ad-hominem attack. I never attacked your personality or your person; I merely disagreed with you. If anyone has attacked someone's character, it's you, Duff.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Do you even read? I said you don't have to be a fucking physicist to know that gravity exists. I never attacked anyone's character in anyway. I did however use the ad hominem incorrectly. What I meant is that you based the validity of your argument not on the content of your argument but on the personnal experience that you have, compared to my personnal experiences (you know nothing about) to validate your position. Which is probably closer to Argumentum ad verecundiam, and not Ad Hominem.

No, you don't need to get your fingers stuck in blades to know not to do that, but if you were to in fact cut your fingers with a chainsaw, I'm pretty damn sure you're a lot less likely to do that again than someone who hasn't done that. And yes, going to prison does teach you a lot about life, if you're willing to learn.

It teaches you stuff about social outcasts, yes. And you still don't have a point. I don't see how you going to jail makes you more capable of understanding that there are proper places and situations to speak your mind.

From the post you made, it is not me who is devaluing you, but you who is devaluing me. You insisted that my experiences which you do not have do not matter and are irrelevant. You seem to believe that opinions that contradict your own are worthless/incorrect. I have not devalued anything you have said; I merely stated that the Metal Hell was not the place to say it.

I didn't devalue your opinion. In fact I pretty much agreed with your original position which was that there is a place and time to discuss such matter and that the Metal Hell shouldn't be this place. I do not agree with the argument you used to support this though, as your argument was fallacious. I do not mean to say that your personnal experience is irrelevant to anything, but going to jail definitely isn't the only thing that teaches an individual how to act in social situations. In fact, I'm pretty sure it does quite the opposite. Jail seems to teach more on how to use fear and dominate others rather than teach them respect and good-manners.

Your argument was not even that you had a point of view I couldn't have on a matter, which I would agree with. Your inside look of what jail is gives you one perspective on the matter, but it doesn't make you all-around more able then me to understand the matter. It's like saying you need to be a cook to appreciate good food. Of course, making the food makes you able to have a specific perspective on the matter, but you do not have an all-around better perspective then others on the matter...

You are nothing without your experiences, Duff. They are always relevant. And besides, I wasn't debating. I was ending the debate. I've had collegiate debates before and I know when I'm debating. Last night, I was telling y'all to STFU about politics since this not the place for that. I apologize for whatever contribution I made to that, but I saw it getting a little heated, so I interjected, and felt my personal experiences would be a guide in explaining why arguing about politics in a metal forum is a bad idea.

It's funny that you focus your whole post around me... cause just go back... read my posts... I didn't say shit on gun control.

You wrote 4 paragraphs in response to a one sentence handle. That's overreacting. You have a habit of doing that whenever someone disagrees with you. I noticed this years ago when you first joined the metal hell, and it's only gotten worse since. What really grinded my gears, though, was that you insisted that I was crazy for liking Domenici better than LaBrie, when it turns out...

More like four lines...

And I didn't say shit about your preference for Domenici. Now you're just making stuff up! You're getting paranoid, Ghoul.

I know this is a lot to read, Duff, but this is something I've noticed for years, and that is you shut down and attempt to steamroll anybody who disagrees with you online, probably because you can't do that in real life. Either way, I realize I'm never gonna change you, so I guess trying to talk to you is a pointless affair.

Now shove this in your head already: I DIDN'T TAKE ANY PART IN THE DEBATE ON GUN CONTROL!

Second of: Yes I got in a fight with you because your whole point was that I didn't have the life experience to understand. Not only is this pretentious ad hominem bullshit, but that's also a flat-out lie based on assumptions you made on my behalf! You have no clue who I am, and you are judging me on posts I made before you got thrown in prison! I joinned the Metal Hell when I was 15 years old, I now am 23. I grew up, cut me some slack.

And yes I'm actually getting angry at you. Just why the fuck would you say something like: "I've noticed for years, and that is you shut down and attempt to steamroll anybody who disagrees with you online, probably because you can't do that in real life." ???

Like seriously Ghoul, if you are going to say bullshit like that, don't ever pretend that you know how to have intelligent "college level" debates if you use that bullshit with me. FYI, I speak my mind, I debate, I discuss my ideas with people all the time. I took part in the student strike in Quebec in 2012 and went on a radio show to discuss my ideas and opinions on the matter.

But hey! It's way easier to pretend to know shit about people rather than think and make up real arguments, right?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 16:53:45 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:43 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: What really grinded my gears, though, was that you insisted that I was crazy for liking Domenici better than LaBrie, when it turns out...

You didn't actually listen to Domenici. That is, you were talking out of your ass because someone insulted your hero.

Sorry if I'm posting again. But I need to adress this part here specifically, mainly because I want you to answer me in the most honest possible way, and to this part specifically.

I've went back to this short discussion we had, and here is a copy+paste of what I wrote about Domenici (Remember that I didn't write a single word on him afterward):

"I've not explored the whole DT library yet, so I can't tell if he's better. I'll give the album a listen soon :)"

And now answer please... Tell me if you are a liar, hypocritical or if you really just didn't read that well?

I seriously still can't believe that you said I would have INSISTED that you we're crazy for liking him more than LaBrie. And the next part is even worst! You accuse me of "talking out of my ass" about him, when all I said was that I didn't know him too well and that I had to listen to his work.

Now seriously, if you're lying and trying to manipulate the members of the Metal Hell into believing flat out lies like this, I can't express how dissapointed I am in your behavior. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't do this on purpose, because in all honesty... I've never had any kind of hate or disrespect for you until you started talking shit about me...

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 18:42:59 Reply

That Red Fang cover looks nuts.

At 7/31/13 03:38 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: On the subject of Metal, I'm getting really fond of hardcore/post-hardcore-influenced metal, not metalcore, bands like Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, specially when it meets sludge. What would you recommend me?

Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 20:26:13 Reply

At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies

Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 21:22:54 Reply

Anyone here listen to Orne? They're pretty much Reverend Bizarre II except they're more Prog Rock.

since all 3 people in Reverend Bizarre are in the band even though Albert Witchfinder doesn't consider himself a band member
At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

Even Kylesa?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature