00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,066,780 Views | 77,365 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 15:09:55

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums

I play guitar, sing, well I mostly growl, from low/deep growling to high/shrieked growling black metal-esque, I think I have a nice range actually, I can do almost anything when it comes to growl, I also know how to grunt/pig squeal although I don't use it, I've been teaching myself to shout, but I still need a lot of practice when it comes do singing in a clean tone. I also know how to play bass, even though I don't usually play because I don't have one, I basicly transfer my guitar knowledge to a bass guitar. I suck at drumming, I'd love to learn how to drum well though. And I'd totally love to learn how to play sitar, oud, portuguese guitar and rabad.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 16:55:30

At 5/5/13 03:09 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums
I play guitar, sing, I also know how to play bass, even though I don't usually play because I don't have one, I basicly transfer my guitar knowledge to a bass guitar.

I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)

DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:15:14

At 5/5/13 04:55 PM, kaeleb wrote: I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)

The trick is simple, pretend you're sighing and then just sing or talk with the sigh effect... I don't how to explain better than this actually xD It helped me to catch the trick quite easily though.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:23:57

At 5/5/13 05:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/5/13 04:55 PM, kaeleb wrote: I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)
The trick is simple, pretend you're sighing and then just sing or talk with the sigh effect... I don't how to explain better than this actually xD It helped me to catch the trick quite easily though.

haha thanks ill try that but I don't know if my cracking voice will let me to it ........... some days it will have its moments -_- not often tho so that's a good thing XD

DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:42:10

Well, I posted a pic of my new guitar a few pages back, so obviously I can play it, haha.

I'm not very good at it, though. I don't know too much about music theory or anything about songwriting. I just like to play along to some cool songs.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:45:15

At 5/5/13 02:25 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 10:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all
oh, word? :P
give me a couple weeks to learn it

Hah, imagine prog black metal with guzheng.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:58:46

Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?
The reason I ask is because they're considered really influential when it comes to metal but people tend to label them as Hard Rock.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 18:05:21

my music teacher is pissing me off for our assessment we are doing a 9/10 rock band I told her we cant do it cuz we don't have a drummer any more and our basset is barely here we have two singers and two girls on keyboard the last one im fine with so guys what should I do stay with it or leave it

DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 18:11:46

At 5/5/13 05:58 PM, Viper50 wrote: Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?
The reason I ask is because they're considered really influential when it comes to metal but people tend to label them as Hard Rock.

hard 9 that's for sure

DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 19:03:19

At 5/5/13 05:58 PM, Viper50 wrote: Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?

On a scale from 1-10, they're a reasonable 5 in Stoner/Doom/Psychedelic Metal bands. Because when I actually listen to them it's like they're proto-stoner metal bands instead of actual proto heavy metal, I've been always saying this, except maybe for Led Zeppelin, they're not as stoner as Blue Cheers for example I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-06 00:43:46

At 5/5/13 05:45 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/5/13 02:25 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 10:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all
oh, word? :P
give me a couple weeks to learn it
Hah, imagine prog black metal with guzheng.

I learn music quickly. I started playing somewhere between 4 and 6, I can't remember, but due to a speech delay I didn't speak until I was 5. So in a way, music comes to me almost as naturally as speaking, if not even more.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-06 15:15:21

They're not metal but they're one of the best bands around and I believe some of you like them, here is Queens of The Stone Age new music video: I Appear Missing

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-06 17:47:52

At 5/6/13 03:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: They're not metal but they're one of the best bands around and I believe some of you like them, here is Queens of The Stone Age new music video: I Appear Missing

I watched that like 5 times after I saw it was a thing.
I'm seriously looking forward to this album now. I mean I don't listen to QOTSA as much as other post-Kyuss stuff like Hermano, Unida, Slo Burn, or even Mondo Generator. But they're still a great band. Was fucking ticked off when tickets to Lollapalooza sold out in like the first day because they're headlining one of the nights. Also Baroness and Ghost are playing there too!

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-06 18:01:11

At 5/6/13 05:47 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/6/13 03:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: They're not metal but they're one of the best bands around and I believe some of you like them, here is Queens of The Stone Age new music video: I Appear Missing
I watched that like 5 times after I saw it was a thing.
I'm seriously looking forward to this album now. I mean I don't listen to QOTSA as much as other post-Kyuss stuff like Hermano, Unida, Slo Burn, or even Mondo Generator. But they're still a great band. Was fucking ticked off when tickets to Lollapalooza sold out in like the first day because they're headlining one of the nights. Also Baroness and Ghost are playing there too!

And knowing that Dave Grohl is back on QOTSA's drums and Trent Reznor is contributing to the album... Fuck yeah, I expect something massive.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-06 19:57:17

At 5/6/13 06:01 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: And knowing that Dave Grohl is back on QOTSA's drums and Trent Reznor is contributing to the album... Fuck yeah, I expect something massive.

Along with Nick Oliveri and Mark Lanegan. The last time that line-up did an album they did Songs For The Deaf.
And that album was amazing! I need to get more stuff by QOTSA and also Eagles Of Death Metal. But I never seem to be able to find anything by them....it was sheer luck that I found Songs For The Deaf and Era Vulgaris.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 09:07:47

At 5/6/13 07:57 PM, Viper50 wrote: Along with Nick Oliveri and Mark Lanegan. The last time that line-up did an album they did Songs For The Deaf.
And that album was amazing! I need to get more stuff by QOTSA and also Eagles Of Death Metal. But I never seem to be able to find anything by them....it was sheer luck that I found Songs For The Deaf and Era Vulgaris.

I'm lucky my brother is a die-hard QOTSA fan, and he has Songs For the Deaf, Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris all on CD.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 09:40:25

At 5/7/13 09:07 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I'm lucky my brother is a die-hard QOTSA fan, and he has Songs For the Deaf, Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris all on CD.

It seems like no one I know listens to QOTSA. Well....other than I think an "ex" of mine. She listens to stuff like Kyuss and a bunch of other Desert Rock/Stoner Rock stuff like that. So she might listen to them too. She also listens to Thrash, Death, Black, Doom, Folk, Power, and a bunch of other sub-genres of metal.

also the reason I say "ex" is because it was long distance. but me and her still talk on an almost daily basis and are REALLY close friends. shes also thinking about moving closeish to me for college stuff at some point in the near future and there is a possibility we might go out again when that happens.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 10:47:42

At 5/4/13 05:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: AniMetal

Haven't seen that guy in ages.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 12:14:56

Found a pretty interesting Stoner/Doom band.
Spacefrog

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 14:47:01

At 5/7/13 09:40 AM, Viper50 wrote: It seems like no one I know listens to QOTSA. Well....other than I think an "ex" of mine. She listens to stuff like Kyuss and a bunch of other Desert Rock/Stoner Rock stuff like that. So she might listen to them too. She also listens to Thrash, Death, Black, Doom, Folk, Power, and a bunch of other sub-genres of metal.
also the reason I say "ex" is because it was long distance. but me and her still talk on an almost daily basis and are REALLY close friends. shes also thinking about moving closeish to me for college stuff at some point in the near future and there is a possibility we might go out again when that happens.

Aw man, I guess it's not that easy to find a girl who listens to heavy music apart from Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp bizkit and that kind of stuff "heavy" music. I'm lucky my girlfriend is devoted to good music too, and super open-minded, damn she even knows more bands than I do and I often find myself lost between the stuff I know. But it's funny that we have so much in common in our music taste, it's almost ridiculous, like a perfect harmony. Nevertheless, we have the same problem you have with your "ex", distance. I don't know the distance between you and that girl, in my case it's about 350 km, however we manage to meet whenever we can, and it evolved into something really serious, so... yeah, distance is just a nuisance here, it really hurts, but we will find our way through it. If you really like that girl, I hope you both are able to find that way aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 15:12:49

At 5/7/13 02:47 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Aw man, I guess it's not that easy to find a girl who listens to heavy music apart from Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp bizkit and that kind of stuff "heavy" music.

My "ex" has made it a point to openly mock the bands you listed xD Same with Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne, and shit like that.

I'm lucky my girlfriend is devoted to good music too, and super open-minded, damn she even knows more bands than I do and I often find myself lost between the stuff I know.

Amazingly she listens to a ton of stuff and I still introduce her to a ton of bands xD I introduced her to: Electric Wizard, Sleep, The Atomic Bitchwax, Truckfighters, and stuff like that. But shes introduced me to some bands too. Mainly thrash bands though.

But it's funny that we have so much in common in our music taste, it's almost ridiculous, like a perfect harmony.

Yeah its the same between me and her. And shes seriously the nicest person I have ever talked to too. And I've talked to Asandir (seriously shes so nice that she makes Asandir look like some kind of evil monster that is out to kill everyone)!

Nevertheless, we have the same problem you have with your "ex", distance. I don't know the distance between you and that girl, in my case it's about 350 km, however we manage to meet whenever we can, and it evolved into something really serious, so... yeah, distance is just a nuisance here, it really hurts, but we will find our way through it. If you really like that girl, I hope you both are able to find that way aswell.

I don't really feel like explaining the distance. But I'll just make a point to say that there is no way I could walk to where she lives. Though she did say that when/if she moves here shes okay with me giving her a big bear hug xD

she also said that shes okay with staying overnight with me and cuddling and shit if we aren't going out at the time o.O

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 15:31:31

At 5/7/13 03:12 PM, Viper50 wrote: My "ex" has made it a point to openly mock the bands you listed xD Same with Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne, and shit like that.

I admit I don't dislike Slipknot's earlier stuff, and some Marilyn Manson songs though. Guilty pleasure, but not as pleasureful as it was when I was younger.

Yeah its the same between me and her. And shes seriously the nicest person I have ever talked to too. And I've talked to Asandir (seriously shes so nice that she makes Asandir look like some kind of evil monster that is out to kill everyone)!

That's great, I feel the same way about my girlfriend, and I imagine that another girl with similar taste would be much more arrogant.

I don't really feel like explaining the distance. But I'll just make a point to say that there is no way I could walk to where she lives. Though she did say that when/if she moves here shes okay with me giving her a big bear hug xD
she also said that shes okay with staying overnight with me and cuddling and shit if we aren't going out at the time o.O

That's serious man!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 15:53:54

I feel like posting some crappy stuff I uploaded ._.

At 5/7/13 03:31 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:

I admit I don't dislike Slipknot's earlier stuff, and some Marilyn Manson songs though. Guilty pleasure, but not as pleasureful as it was when I was younger.

I can't say I like anything by Slipknot. Though I was more okay with Marilyn Manson when I was younger than I am now.

weird thing. my old guitar teacher is friends with Zim Zum from Marilyn Manson and the brother of Greg Tribbett of Mudvayne and his other brother is the drum tech for Slipknot.
That's great, I feel the same way about my girlfriend, and I imagine that another girl with similar taste would be much more arrogant.

I actually thought it was weird that shes THAT nice when I started talking to her but I got used to it :3
She also never gets mad, loves Adventure Time, genuinely enjoys Disco, and likes Star Wars.

That's serious man!

Yeah I know!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-07 16:49:53

MASTODON WRITING A NEW ALBUM!

I can't believe this! These guys shit music out of their hands or something, I'm really looking forward to this album, they seem to be in a creative rush, I love Mastodon so much it's obnoxious.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-09 00:43:14

So I just found out the band Ogre are going to be releasing a new album at some point this year.
If you haven't heard Ogre before FromADistance (wow it feels weird calling him that for some reason...) mentioned them before and put a link to the album Plague Of The Planet.

At 5/7/13 04:49 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: MASTODON WRITING A NEW ALBUM!

I can't believe this! These guys shit music out of their hands or something, I'm really looking forward to this album, they seem to be in a creative rush, I love Mastodon so much it's obnoxious.

Sweetness! I hope its at least a bit similar to The Hunter. Or maybe a mix of The Hunter and Crack The Skye.
But then again this is Mastodon we're talking about. So you really don't know what to expect from them.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-10 02:19:28

At 5/7/13 10:47 AM, FromADistance wrote:
At 5/4/13 05:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: AniMetal
Haven't seen that guy in ages.

I don't think he likes us anymore :(

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-10 03:20:14

At 5/10/13 03:10 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Did he ever like anyone? That doesn't mean he's not coming back, maybe his computer blew up. Maybe he found one of those women things.

I see him on Facebook very frequently, I think he doesn't have much interest in the place anymore. Which is sad, really. Because we have nice members, guys with a good knowledge in metal music and very cool to chat with.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-10 11:25:00

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Shit's kinda stressful right now.

I owe a lot of money to the courts and thus recording has ground to a bitter halt right now, just a couple sessions away from completion.

So, to occupy my time, I've continued work on the next album. There's definitely gonna be a huge ambient influence -- I've constructed a 22 minute long segment of ambiance, to be chopped up and used as interludes between tracks on the second disc, and another song with a 5 or so minute ambient intro.

That, and blastbeats. Lots of them.

Other than that, and looking for additional work, not much else is going on.

Oranssi Pazuzu -- Andromeda

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-10 12:30:17

At 5/10/13 03:10 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Reading Lords Of Chaos at the moment. Very entertaining and finding Varg as captivating as usual.

Speaking of Varg, I recently dreamt that he had set fire to BBC's television centre. The reportage of it on the BBC was awesome.

I don't know man, Varg's story is very interesting, but that man is a fucking arsehole, there's no better way to describe him, I read some articles he posted on his website and it was sickening, it's like he has an evil turd in the place where is brain should be, he compares white people with wolves and "minorities" with dogs, so, if you put a dog between the wolves they will kill the dog, likewise, if you put, let's say, an asian person among europeans they will kill them as well. So he's pretty much claiming his ability to reason is absent, and he behaves exacly like an irrational animal. Oh boy, I wonder which one is the irrational animal, the wolves or Varg... What a scumbag I must say, well, I can't deny that I find myself unable to accept any type of xenophobia, unless despising xenophobes is considered xenophobia aswell and thus we enter in a paradox. I don't know, did he have a fucked up childhood, did he crush head his into a wall, was it a girl or did he just have a bad experience with immigrants?

He also claims that he fears that one day he won't be able to see any white, blond and blue-eyed children on the norwegian streets, isn't that kind of a pedophile statement?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-10 12:36:06

So I just found something kinda neat.
blooderator.com/http://newgrounds.com
It plays Raining Blood while "raining blood" on any website you choose haha. I just felt like using Newgrounds as an example.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature