00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,058,061 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-03 16:54:32

Dunno who mentionned them before, but I'm starting my listening of the band Apokatastasia.

At 3/2/13 05:23 PM, Viper50 wrote: Awesome news for Electric Wizard. Mark Greening is officially back in the band.
Granted they still don't have Tim Bagshaw but its still awesome hearing that two of the 3 founding members are in the band.

That is definitely good news. We can now hope for another great album like Dopethrone :)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-03 17:05:47

At 3/3/13 04:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Dunno who mentionned them before, but I'm starting my listening of the band Apokatastasia.

That would be me.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-03 17:06:45

At 3/3/13 05:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 3/3/13 04:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Dunno who mentionned them before, but I'm starting my listening of the band Apokatastasia.
That would be me.

I should have known. It's a rather interresting kind of music :) I like it.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-03 17:25:34

At 3/3/13 05:06 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/3/13 05:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
That would be me.
I should have known. It's a rather interresting kind of music :) I like it.

One of my favorite songs is LSD.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-03 17:27:41

Got Keys To Ascension by Yes today. But unfortunately it only has one of the two discs in it :/
Then again I picked it up at a Goodwill for $1 so I can't really complain. Though disc 2 has Roundabout, Starship Trooper, Be The One, and That, That Is. Disc 1 has Siberian Khatru, The Revealing Science Of God, America, Onward, and Awaken.

At 3/3/13 04:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: That is definitely good news. We can now hope for another great album like Dopethrone :)

It would be awesome if they made another album like Dopethrone or even Come My Fanatics.
Hell I'd even be okay with an album like Let Us Prey

that and I wish they'd release the lyrics for the songs on aforementioned album....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-04 19:01:53

Anyone here listen to Usnea?
They're decent Funeral Doom with elements of Death Doom, Sludge, Black, and Drone Metal.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-05 01:52:00

A little update: I have all guitars and keyboards done for Infected Nuclear Bioromance, with the exception of a guest solo spot and an organ intro to one of the songs, and I also have vocal tracks for 2/6 songs done. All is indeed going well in that regard.

As well, I also have started programming songs for the next album. The material I have so far is only 2 songs, neither in an even a rough state, and one of them not even at it's full length yet. However, what I have done so far is speedier and more ambitious than Infected Nuclear Bioromance, much as INB is more ambitious than Graveyard Metal. There are also technical advances, and I won't go into the boring details with those, but it's definitely a different approach than the one I've been using. Granted, the product appears to be analogous to previous works I have done, but I have broad hopes for the future. There's a lot of work ahead, so don't even expect me to enter the studio for the next album for 10-12 months.

Doing the necessary requisites for a live show, as well as finding a live lineup that's reliable has proven to be a task too elusive to pursue at the moment, since I have picked up several hours at work and have a committed relationship as well. It shall be forthcoming in the future, but my main Psycryptik priority is finishing Infected Nuclear Bioromance, so work on any other avenues will be slow at best until that is done.

Cheers, Khamul

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-05 18:24:06

I dunno if they'd be considered "metal" here but the band Dust (who are considered one of the first American Heavy Metal bands) have announced that they're going to remaster their two albums Dust and Hard Attack and will releases the remastered albums on one disc next month.

If anyone here hasn't given them a listen heres a few songs by them
Loose Goose
Suicide (that song was covered by Red Fang)

epic bass solo

Stone Woman

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-07 08:12:28

You know which band can easily put me in a good mood? Blind Guardian! Can't say I'm feeling the best right now but just blasting out the first two albums alone has put a smile on my face. Always good to have something that can lighten your mood in a difficult situation.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-09 04:46:13

At 3/7/13 08:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: You know which band can easily put me in a good mood? Blind Guardian! Can't say I'm feeling the best right now but just blasting out the first two albums alone has put a smile on my face. Always good to have something that can lighten your mood in a difficult situation.

Their first two albums ALWAYS put a smile on my face. They're so head-bangable and perfect for driving.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-09 11:01:35

I got the new Rotting Christ. haven't listened yet. And I finally got l'Enfant Sauvage by Gojira, which is sick.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-09 19:46:21

At 3/9/13 04:46 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 3/7/13 08:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: You know which band can easily put me in a good mood? Blind Guardian! Can't say I'm feeling the best right now but just blasting out the first two albums alone has put a smile on my face. Always good to have something that can lighten your mood in a difficult situation.
Their first two albums ALWAYS put a smile on my face. They're so head-bangable and perfect for driving.

I honestly love the speed metal times for the band. There isn't a single era of Blind Guardian that I dislike and you'll probably find me crazy for this but I actually enjoy A Twist in the Myth as well as everything else they've done. I can still see it as their weaker point but I still find plenty of songs to be enjoyable. Of course, sound production could have still been better for it.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-10 00:59:42

Going back into death metal again! Recommand me good stuff! (possibly avoiding bands you know I already like :P)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-12 15:35:15

That awkward moment when you get followed by Five Finger Death Punch on Twitter...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-12 16:12:27

So Vista Chino (formerly Kyuss Lives!....formerly Kyuss) played their first new song at. Its called Dragona and the only video I can find of it is pretty bad quality but you get the gist of what it sounds like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9095QqkRc

Also if you follow the instructions on this site you can hear a new song from Ghost's new album.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-12 21:31:50

At 3/12/13 03:35 PM, Bahamut wrote: That awkward moment when you get followed by Five Finger Death Punch on Twitter...

Hahaha! Loser :P

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 08:53:07

I got a copy of Win Us Over by ASG on clear yellow vinyl as an early birthday present yesterday.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 09:36:10

At 3/12/13 04:12 PM, Viper50 wrote: Also if you follow the instructions on this site you can hear a new song from Ghost's new album.

It's feeling a lot different to the debut album which is a good thing but perhaps this is the kind of record that I'll need to spin many times to absorb it all. I enjoyed the first album a lot so I hope this one will be good as well. My sister will be picking it up sometime next month.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 10:34:37

Oh man, we've lost Clive Burr.

RIP

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 10:46:44

At 3/13/13 09:36 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:12 PM, Viper50 wrote: Also if you follow the instructions on this site you can hear a new song from Ghost's new album.
It's feeling a lot different to the debut album which is a good thing but perhaps this is the kind of record that I'll need to spin many times to absorb it all. I enjoyed the first album a lot so I hope this one will be good as well. My sister will be picking it up sometime next month.

So far I'm liking how this album sounds.
Granted I still prefer Opus Eponymous more than this one, but it looks like its going to be another good album from them.
So I'm probably going to see if I can get a copy when its released (which might be later here....which bugs me).

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 11:19:45

Hey guys! It's been a long time. College has been absolutely killer lately, so I haven't had as much time for getting on here and posting stuff. Just letting you know that my Top 25 Albums of 2012 is complete, I just need to post it later today. Some new albums I've gotten:

Voivod's Target Earth- Holy shit. This album is probably their best since Nothingface. And I do not say that lightly as I loved Outer Limits and Katorz.

Audrey Horne's Youngblood- This is a solid, old school, bluesy metal album. Lots of fun.

I should be around a little more often now that things have slowed down (at least until finals in a month and a half).

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 12:56:22

At 3/13/13 10:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh man, we've lost Clive Burr.

RIP

Well this just ruined my day....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 13:44:57

At 3/10/13 12:59 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Going back into death metal again! Recommand me good stuff! (possibly avoiding bands you know I already like :P)

Disincarnate
Beyond Creation
Diluviian
Illogicist
Desecravity
Necrosanct
Brutality
Pestilence
Psycroptic
!T.O.O.H.!
Demigod
Dismember
Thormenthor
R.U. Dead?
Transmetal
Myrkskog

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 21:09:52

K, my Top 25 is finally done and up! Thoughts welcome!

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-13 22:54:08

At 3/13/13 09:09 PM, Zodir wrote: K, my Top 25 is finally done and up! Thoughts welcome!

Really liked the list you compiled there.
Reminded me that I still have some albums to check out from last year.

specifically Kamelot, Kreator, Vintersorg, and Sigh. I bought Apocryphon and De Vermis Mysteriis and loved them.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-14 00:06:55

At 3/13/13 10:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh man, we've lost Clive Burr.

RIP

Yeah... I've read that. RIP.

At 3/13/13 10:46 AM, Viper50 wrote: So far I'm liking how this album sounds.
Granted I still prefer Opus Eponymous more than this one, but it looks like its going to be another good album from them.

I've got Opus Eponymous in my albums to listen to. Cool little reminder to give it a listen!

At 3/13/13 01:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Disincarnate
Beyond Creation
Diluviian
Illogicist
Desecravity
Necrosanct
Brutality
Pestilence
Psycroptic
!T.O.O.H.!
Demigod
Dismember
Thormenthor
R.U. Dead?
Transmetal
Myrkskog

I already know Beyond Recognition (they are from Quebec!) and also Pestilence. I'll give a listen to some of those if I get the chance to.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-14 00:40:46

I've read just now that Boris have released an album, something like 8 days ago :) Apparently they have moved away from the dreampop of New Album and went for something between noise rock, drone, post-rock and some other stuff. I've read just one review for the album. Since it's kind of new, I figured there wouldn't be much reviews for it yet... but whatever.

The album is named Präparat, and I'm planning to give it a listen :)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-14 05:17:21

Sup gangstas!

Been a while since posting, busy trying to be an adult, it sucks by the way, for the most part

Below is a link to some demo recordings from local doom metal band (heavy My dying bride influence) Burning Solitude. I use to play with them but technically left a month before these were done, but did it anyway. I play rhythm/solos, the other guitarist does rhythm and all harmonies/layers, or whatever the fuck you call them

You can check them out on facebook, hopefully they'll get back into it this year with a new lineup

https://soundcloud.com/richard-tchernegovski/sets/burning-so litude-ep-2011

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-14 10:11:38

At 3/14/13 12:40 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I've read just now that Boris have released an album, something like 8 days ago :) Apparently they have moved away from the dreampop of New Album and went for something between noise rock, drone, post-rock and some other stuff. I've read just one review for the album. Since it's kind of new, I figured there wouldn't be much reviews for it yet... but whatever.

Seriously how many albums are they going to release? xD
I still have like 5 or so albums by them that I still need to listen to!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-14 11:03:11

At 3/13/13 10:46 AM, Viper50 wrote: Granted I still prefer Opus Eponymous more than this one, but it looks like its going to be another good album from them.
So I'm probably going to see if I can get a copy when its released (which might be later here....which bugs me).

I'll reserve my whole judgment for when I hear the album in full. Although I do rate the debut album 5 stars (as well as best of 2010), I still have to see what they do with the second release.

At 3/13/13 11:19 AM, Zodir wrote: Voivod's Target Earth- Holy shit. This album is probably their best since Nothingface. And I do not say that lightly as I loved Outer Limits and Katorz.

It's an enjoyable record for sure and I don't see myself as a huge fan of the classic works so that's saying something. I need to find some more 2013 releases as I've only heard that, Mysterium and Straight Out of Hell so far. All are great releases for sure, though but I feel Manilla Road played a little too safe with their latest album apart from the last few tracks.

At 3/13/13 09:09 PM, Zodir wrote: K, my Top 25 is finally done and up! Thoughts welcome!

To think two of my favourite releases from that year aren't even on your list. My two personal choices are Diablo Swing Orchestra's Pandora's Pinata and Threshold's March of Progress. Both albums I didn't get to listen to until the end of 2012, though so it seems like the better stuff from these years just creep up either when the year is about to close or the year after. Maybe 2012 wasn't such a slow year for metal as I originally thought it to be.