00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

onlinetoxicity just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Revision Break Lounge

4,536 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-27 10:30:47

At 1/25/11 05:42 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: A2 ... Physics.

ITS SO MASSIVE

JESUS CHIRST.

I've done 3 past papers. Got a C, A, and a D. Not too bad going I guess... It will really depend on what comes up in the exam, I'm going to have a crack at another one before the exam on thursday but GOD FORBID, I have a Critical Thinking exam tomorrow and that overrides my physics lesson. If I knew they wouldn't chase me up on it I would skip it...

Holy fuck I just sat that exam and I thought it was a fucking brilliant exam. Such a huge weight off my shoulders since I was convinced I was going to do badly, but I may even come out of it with an A*. Also Critical Thinking is a joke subject no universities recognise it as an A level fuck it. It's like General Studies.

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-27 17:13:14

At 1/27/11 10:30 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 1/25/11 05:42 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: A2 ... Physics.

ITS SO MASSIVE

JESUS CHIRST.

I've done 3 past papers. Got a C, A, and a D. Not too bad going I guess... It will really depend on what comes up in the exam, I'm going to have a crack at another one before the exam on thursday but GOD FORBID, I have a Critical Thinking exam tomorrow and that overrides my physics lesson. If I knew they wouldn't chase me up on it I would skip it...
Holy fuck I just sat that exam and I thought it was a fucking brilliant exam. Such a huge weight off my shoulders since I was convinced I was going to do badly, but I may even come out of it with an A*. Also Critical Thinking is a joke subject no universities recognise it as an A level fuck it. It's like General Studies.

Blegh, we had this last question that puzzled the shit out of me! The rest went ok I thought, except the start bit where I had to do some shit with equations, I might as well be mathematically dyslexic, but not completely incapable.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-27 17:16:39

At 1/27/11 05:13 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Blegh, we had this last question that puzzled the shit out of me! The rest went ok I thought, except the start bit where I had to do some shit with equations, I might as well be mathematically dyslexic, but not completely incapable.

I did A2 Physics last year and got a B. It's a hard subject. Now I'm doing engineering :D

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-27 17:27:33

At 1/27/11 05:16 PM, thatbennyguy wrote:
At 1/27/11 05:13 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Blegh, we had this last question that puzzled the shit out of me! The rest went ok I thought, except the start bit where I had to do some shit with equations, I might as well be mathematically dyslexic, but not completely incapable.
I did A2 Physics last year and got a B. It's a hard subject. Now I'm doing engineering :D

Your January paper was the hardest they've ever set! I've done all the past papers in the exams, this years was the second hardest. I think its the new syllabus.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-27 18:20:23

At 1/27/11 05:27 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 1/27/11 05:16 PM, thatbennyguy wrote: I did A2 Physics last year and got a B. It's a hard subject. Now I'm doing engineering :D
Your January paper was the hardest they've ever set! I've done all the past papers in the exams, this years was the second hardest. I think its the new syllabus.

What do you have to do extra?

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-01-30 16:39:41

I have a small maths test tomorrow on vectors, but I've not done much revision. I'm honestly not expecting it to be all that hard. The lecturer gave us a specimen paper for practise, and he said the only difference between it and the actual test will be the numbers used in each question.

Basically, all I have to do is memorise how each problem is solved and I'm set. This is all stuff I've done in the past too.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-04-16 07:13:15

I just remembered that this club existed and I see it hasn't been all that active. I figured I'd give it a chance for revival.

I have my first exam on the 12th May and I still haven't done any revision at all for any of my exams. First up is a Database Management Systems exam then Programming Languages, Software Design and Foundation Mathematics B.

I'm not really sure how hard I'm going to find these, but hopefully I'd be able to pass without doing any revision at all. Not to say that I wont because that would be a little foolish. Whenever I get time off uni to revise I never start until one or two weeks before. It has never done me any harm, but I guess it's probably not the smartest way to go about it. Maybe I'll start revision in the near future. It's not like I have anything better to do these days.

Do any of you guys have exams coming up?

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-02 07:23:52

My first exam is on the 12th and I have done no revision whatsoever as of yet. I'm starting to feel the remaining days fly past me so I really need to get started but I just can't find the motivation within me.

Maybe some of you guys could share your revision techniques and suggest how to get a good balance of revision and entertainment into a day. I'm pretty sure that doing nothing other than revision wont work well, as I'll get really bored and demotivated, so I need to find the right balance.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-02 08:49:04

Well I'm currently doing a Sociology With Psychology degree and my first year exams look pretty interesting. I've got a multiple choice question exam on different core areas of psychology which, as long as I do some revision, I'll likely fly through. The open book exam looks to be hard though since it's more intensive and requires research (if I turn up with the lecture slides as notes, I'll barely pass apparently). However, I've given myself about two weeks to do the revision since my final essay is due in this week and my exams are on the 16th and 17th.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-04 15:09:32

Finally started some revision. Can't really say that I've done a great deal though. I just highlighted key points in notes, although I did read through most of the notes in the process. I spent some time working out what areas I should spend most time reading up on, only to realise that the lecturer gave us a sheet of paper telling us what to focus on.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-04 17:09:11

First GCSE exam in 12 days tomorrow. It's the English OCR Higher Paper 1. Usually I'm okay with English, I scraped a C2 (medium C Grade) in the mocks with no revision whatsoever, and I've done some revision this time. I should have read through our literature novels but I'm just too lazy, so I wont be getting many marks for quoting them.

But seriously... Two weeks... It seems so unreal because it's starting to hit home how much hard work they're going to be. 14 exams in the space of about a month give or take, and I have 4 hours worth of RE exams even though they're not very important. Good thing they're easy to revise for.

My study leave begins on the 6th of June, which will also be my last full compulsory day at my school which I've been at for 5 years now, that should be quite odd, because it's a great school, and then I'll be on to college for Creative Media Production.

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-06 00:02:08

still have a lab report yet to be completed within a couple of days. haven't started working on them yet but i figure it won't take me too long to finish so i will probably leave it until a day before deadline. and more importantly, i will be taking my final exams (on a total 6 subjects) during the last week of may. finally started my revision (or self study to be more precise, cos i never went to class except for quizzes). i'm planning to spend around 2 to three days on each subject and hopefully i will be able to finish my revisions 4-5 days before the actual examination begins. got plenty of time left so there's no hurry.

*resume playing games for more medals*

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-06 04:26:55

Nerdy Maths post incoming...

At the moment I'm doing 22 GCSE exams in the space of one month.

I just had my Maths Paper 1 yesterday. Not that it was hard, but one of the questions had a tree and next to it a house. A girl looks at the top of it from the bottom, and then from a balcony, and you've got to find how tall the house is, the angles of elevation depending on whether the girl is on the balcony or on the ground, etc.

It was a relatively easy Sine/Cosine/Tangent question, but they neglected to mention if the tree was perpendicular to the ground or not, and while everyone else assumed it was, I got paranoid and didn't, so I spent ages lengthening lines and using formulae which didn't even have to do with the question to see how I can answer it, until there were a few minutes left and out of panic I decided that there was no other way; I had to assume that the tree was perpendicular to the ground. I did and everything was easy from there. Still, not specifying that is a big sign of unprofessionalism, in my opinion.

A similar thing happened in my Maths mock exam. The paper had a question where a stone slab was resting diagonally on a wall and we had to find the angle with which it was resting on the wall and stuff... Another easy Sin/Cos/Tan question.

However, he didn't mention if it was a rectangular stone slab or if it had an irregular shape, so again, while everyone else assumed it was, I didn't want to risk it and spent a good 20 minutes on that one question alone trying to figure it out. Seriously, our Maths teacher is one of the first to warn us to never assume what we can't prove, and then he forgets to specify something which wasted my time and made me leave a big part of the paper out. I would've skipped the question and gone back to it later but because we're writing on a booklet and not the actual paper, once we start a question we're not allowed to stop halfway through.

As much as I like Maths, I hate Maths exams because I always have to rush through them or not even manage to do all of them because the people who made the questions are such...

...I'd better stop there.

/rant.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-20 20:44:00

My exams are all over and it's fair to say that my revision never went to plan at all. Even so, I feel reasonably confident about my effort in those exams. I felt like I did reasonably well at all four, although one probably wont get as good a grade as the others I feel.

My revision basically consisted of reading over my notes two days before each exam. I also did some past paper questions and such, but I didn't spend much time revising at all. I'm a little shocked that I found the exams reasonably straight forward.

Oh well, now I have about a four month holiday ahead of me.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-05-24 03:33:27

took my economics and one of the math exams yesterday. so far so good.

the econ exam was straight forward. too easy in fact. apparently the instructor just changed the figures in homework assingments so all i had to do was to write down what i could remember without even having to thnk about those problems myself. don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

exam on analysis went smoothly. as expected, the first two problems were easy while the last two problems were challenging. but still, i managed to solve everything in the exam with time to spare. might have losta few marks from careless mistakes and presentation. but i figure i can still get 60+ out of 66 marks. a grade guarenteed.

2 down, 4 to go.

Latest TCs

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-04 06:55:19

I figure I'd give this place a bump, seeing as I'm probably not the only person to have exams before Christmas.

So yea, I have three exams to sit before Christmas. The first of which is tomorrow morning and the last is on 14th December. Usually I'm not to stressed out by exams and the trend has continued again this semester. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to revision too, but I think that this time I might have been a little bit ridiculous.

Usually I don't start looking over notes until 2 or 3 days before an exam, because if I do it any earlier than that I just make half-assed attempts at revision and it achieves nothing. Like I said though, my first exam is tomorrow and my revision for it is pretty much non-existent. I've skimmed last years paper, thought it looked fairly simple and just kept an "Oh, I'll do it later" attitude which I might now be starting to regret.

I can only hope that the past papers are an accurate depiction of how tomorrow's exam will be, because if so I think I can answer the majority of the questions with no revision. Not because the course was easy, but because if you understood how to do the coursework for this class, then a lot of the exam questions relate to it.

So yea, anyone else got exams coming up?

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-04 07:23:06

It's such a nice feeling to have done my GCSEs and now be at college, where we have no exams whatsoever. Apart from fitness exams but yeah.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-04 07:39:16

Why don't you get exams in college? I don't understand that. How do they assess you then? I assume it will be through coursework or regular class tests. Either way, lucky you. I'd love to be assessed on coursework alone.

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-04 07:52:08

At 12/4/11 07:39 AM, Dean wrote: Why don't you get exams in college? I don't understand that. How do they assess you then? I assume it will be through coursework or regular class tests. Either way, lucky you. I'd love to be assessed on coursework alone.

Each subject within my course has something which is pretty much a glorified checklist, and we do lots of coursework to get the marking criteria. It's kind of hard to explain, and I didn't really understand the concept of it at first, but it has it's good points and bad points. While it's a bummer to have to have to write so many essays, I got used to it in school, and it's nice to not have the stress of revision now.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-05 13:32:34

Luckily I had a relatively easy semester and I only have 2 exams next week. I only took 4 classes a week and two of them don't have a final exam, it's simply all graded on 3 big exams throughout the year and one giant paper. Although the two exams I have are gonna be awful. I already study like 15 hours for one of my normal tests, so the final exam is going to be like twice that. But after that it's Christmas break and I'm excited. My other exam is Spanish which I should breeze through since I kick ass at it.

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-05 13:46:44

Anyone here doing A2 physics this year? I've got an exam in January along with two maths AS resits. I have no idea where to start with revising C2 maths for a second time, and I don't think it's going to go all that well.

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-06 08:46:39

At 12/5/11 01:46 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: that feeling when you sit down at the exam,

you turn the page,

and you realize you don't know shit.

Me today when I turned the page on my Math exam and stared at the equations like they were child molesters.

I've got so much revision to do over the Christmas holidays it's a fucking joke, and I've got to begin with my most hated of all subjects Society & Culture. I just don't get the lesson at all, none of it makes sense to me and my teacher either doesn't know how to explain the basics or can't be fucked. Either way revision in this subject is not cool.

I think the only lesson I won't need to do some revision in is I.T Multimedia, but that's only because I was way ahead of the class before I left for a work-related break a few months ago. I still have to catch up on some assignments though.

I'll be populating this thread throughout Christmas guys. -.-'

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-06 11:55:26

i will have my first final exam on 14/12, so i have about 1 week until final.

now, i start to have some idea what a green's function is and and its properties and how i can exploit those properties in doing proofs and calculation. i should have learnt all those things by november....

didn't attend any astrophysics lectures and i have no idea what have been taught. fortunately i already knew the concepts in general relativity and statistical mechanics (i did that last year), so i should be able to learn everything by myself before final.

Latest TCs

Response to Revision Break Lounge 2011-12-06 12:03:51

Well, I planned to spend today and tomorrow revising for my Artificial Intelligence exam and so far I've not done anything. Hopefully I can just do what I usually do. Read over a past paper and look up how to do any questions I don't understand. It's a revision technique that has always seemed to work for me yet some people think that's way too little effort.

Oh well, maybe I will start revising at some point tonight but procrastination is so much more fun.

BBS Signature