00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xSMOTH3x just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

370,019 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 05:36:02

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 05:59:23

At 8/13/11 05:36 AM, Simple wrote: Suddenly I'm excited for Skyrim.

The new redguard looks horrible, in my opinion. I like all of the other races though.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 07:06:21

At 8/12/11 09:48 PM, Jolly wrote:
Yeah, I know. I want to know if you also see the guy from the beginning of Morrowind again.

Oh, sorry.

I seriously can't get over how fucking cool the Khajiits look, I'll definitely be one on a different playthrough.

female nords yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 08:46:29

I didn't like the beginning to Oblivion, but it was just the way it was, not because I didn't like being a prisoner, but it was just quite boring for me.

I hope the beginning of Skyrim is a bit more exciting, but they never last long, so it's not a real complaint or anything.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 11:32:15

At 8/13/11 11:28 AM, Tramps wrote: Yeah, I don't think the introduction to Oblivion is great. Hell, the main quest line wasn't even that good or compelling in my opinion. You're thrown awkwardly into the game with not enough explanation, I found. Would be nice if you weren't dancing around with the kings soldiers to try and get a hit in on the enemy.

Hahaha, not enough explanation.. Tell that to the Morrowind lovers, they'll slice your throat for wanting to "dumb it down" even more.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 12:03:22

Somebody say demo video?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 12:09:14

At 8/13/11 12:03 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Somebody say demo video?

Someone say, old news?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 12:19:34

At 8/13/11 11:32 AM, Breaktroll wrote: Tell that to the Morrowind lovers, they'll slice your throat for wanting to "dumb it down" even more.

Oh, man. Hardcore Morrowind fans are the worst.

They complain about how much Oblivion was dumbed down while completely unaware that Morrowind was a step back from Daggerfall in every way.

They're like the No Mutants Allowed of The Elder Scrolls, only instead of exclusively talking about Fallout 1 and 2 and verbally crucifying anyone who doesn't, it's Morrowind.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 12:53:33

At 8/13/11 12:06 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 8/13/11 11:32 AM, Breaktroll wrote: Hahaha, not enough explanation.. Tell that to the Morrowind lovers, they'll slice your throat for wanting to "dumb it down" even more.
There's a difference between dumbing down a game and making the tutorial easier to follow. By explanation, I meant more explanation of your skills, spells and abilities and what they can do. The UI is very poor for these kinds of things and could've been explained much better.

If you took the time to read the skill descriptions it was pretty well explained unless you expect a cutscene where someone sits down and tells you every little detail about every skill available. The same applies even moreso to the spells since you could build your own and had to buy most of them.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 14:19:49

I really like the way the Redguard looks in the new image.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 15:38:05

At 8/13/11 12:54 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 8/13/11 12:03 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Somebody say demo video?
It's the first time I'm watching this so I'm still excited and even more impressed. Imagine just walking into a town, deciding to wage war against it, then just change the weather to your will while thunderbolts pick off the guards trying to kill you.

SHIT WOULD BE SO EPIC.

The part when he comes out of the mountains and picks a fight with the giants, only for them to be destroyed by a dragon, and then attacked by ANOTHER dragon after defeating the first one, my god it was amazing.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 16:02:03

At 8/13/11 02:19 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I really like the way the Redguard looks in the new image.

I don't like how they've been changed so much from Oblivion. In Oblivion it was the human race if you wanted to play as a black guy. Now they're literally black and they're fucking massive now... they don't look human anymore at all.

Although the fact that it doesn't look anything like the old redguard is really the only thing I don't like about it, other than that it looks pretty good.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:01:54

I am going to just kill everything and everyone in the game.

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:09:54

At 8/13/11 07:01 PM, HogWashSoup wrote: I am going to just kill everything and everyone in the game.

Well that's one way to play it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:19:39

Is anyone going to focus a lot on the jobs and things?

When I head you could become a blacksmith or a logger, I just knew I'd spend a load of time doing that. I don't know why, but I love the idea of being able to do things I could do in real life in a game. It sounds ridiculous, but I've always found it fun to just act like a normal person doing a normal day to day return.

On Fallout 3 I'll still just get a set of good Raider armor, a rifle, a melee weapon and a pistol, a few stimpaks and some water, then set off into the wasteland exploring anything I come across, just like a normal wasteland traveler would do. It's surprisingly much more fun for me than just doing all the normal stuff.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:23:30

At 8/13/11 07:19 PM, Snuff wrote: Is anyone going to focus a lot on the jobs and things?

When I head you could become a blacksmith or a logger, I just knew I'd spend a load of time doing that. I don't know why, but I love the idea of being able to do things I could do in real life in a game. It sounds ridiculous, but I've always found it fun to just act like a normal person doing a normal day to day return.

Sometimes I hold the walk button so it feels more genuine.

But yeah, I'll definitely be doing jobs. I hope I can move into a town and become a citizen and junk.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:40:34

At 8/13/11 07:23 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Sometimes I hold the walk button so it feels more genuine.

I often do that, especially in Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, though I tend to get bored of it after a while.

But yeah, I'll definitely be doing jobs. I hope I can move into a town and become a citizen and junk.

It'd be great if you could actually have a full time job and things. Like once you've moved into the town you go and see what jobs are available and how much they each pay per hour or depending on how much you produce.

I know that probably wont be the case, and I might as well play the Sims Medieval, but I can always dream.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:46:51

I hope I can be a skooma addict and bum around on the streets of the capital.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-13 19:57:30

At 8/13/11 07:46 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I hope I can be a skooma addict and bum around on the streets of the capital.

Ah Skooma, they better include it in Skyrim.

Also, I've never actually bothered with getting addicted on games, like in Fallout, if I ever got accidently addicted to something, I'd just let myself go cold turkey, I mean it wasn't hard. Plus I didn't even know there were side effects of withdrawl.

I think at some stage I'm going to try and sustain an addiction to something. Provided they include it in Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 16:28:57

At 8/14/11 04:27 PM, Cootie wrote: Skooma all day everyday. Crackheads really do run fast.

Especially when you have the gray cowl of nocturnal.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 16:52:50

I really do hope they fix those waterfalls. They look absolutely terrible to say the least.
Look at this leaked QuakeCon footage for example:
http://www.multiupload.com/6XWFG0ICHV

When they show the water everybody's like "yaaaay!" and then when he looks at the waterfall everyone just giggles nervously.

The rest of the graphics look acceptable but the waterfalls are just terrible...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 16:57:57

Ah well, I know how to build a particle waterfall. Hoping the mod tools allow for such a thing.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 17:21:03

Eh... it seems like Skyrim will be k.

I need something new to devote 100+ hours of my life to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 17:35:10

At 8/14/11 04:52 PM, Wolfos wrote: The rest of the graphics look acceptable but the waterfalls are just terrible...

I don't think the ground looks very good. The grass looks terrible, and the rest of the ground sort of looks odd. I guess it's better than Oblivions ground/grass though.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 17:39:30

At 8/14/11 05:35 PM, Jolly wrote: I don't think the ground looks very good. The grass looks terrible, and the rest of the ground sort of looks odd. I guess it's better than Oblivions ground/grass though.

I don't like when people complain about any graphics today. Seriously, everything today looks incredible and I commend all graphic artists working for any development company.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 19:37:34

I think the graphics are fine. Sure they aren't outstanding (on consoles anyway) but they're definitely not terrible This game will still be near perfect without simulated waterfalls.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-14 21:58:09

I don't want to look at any videos or previews, because i want the amazing surprise that I got when I first played Oblivion. I had never heard of it, and I rented it in 2007 or 2008 on a whim. Jesus, that was the best game I've ever played. I'm like a junkie chasing their first high!

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard-up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-15 05:16:45

At 8/14/11 05:39 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/14/11 05:35 PM, Jolly wrote: I don't think the ground looks very good. The grass looks terrible, and the rest of the ground sort of looks odd. I guess it's better than Oblivions ground/grass though.
I don't like when people complain about any graphics today. Seriously, everything today looks incredible and I commend all graphic artists working for any development company.

It's all relative. If you've seen things like Crysis running on max, you don't want something that looks as damn fake as the waterfalls in skyrim. In Ocarina, the graphics are all of the same level (the waterfalls look better than those in Skyrim imo) but in Skyrim it seems like those waterfalls are 15 years old graphics while the rest looks acceptable.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-15 05:20:11

At 8/14/11 05:35 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 8/14/11 04:52 PM, Wolfos wrote: The rest of the graphics look acceptable but the waterfalls are just terrible...
I don't think the ground looks very good. The grass looks terrible, and the rest of the ground sort of looks odd. I guess it's better than Oblivions ground/grass though.

Are you shitting me? Those graphics are fucking insane.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-15 09:59:04

At 8/15/11 05:20 AM, AbstractFlow wrote: Are you shitting me? Those graphics are fucking insane.

It looks worse than Crysis on lowest settings. Crysis is from 2007.