00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

367,035 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 04:56:44

I like the quest in Markath where that guy wants revenge on the person who sold his wife into slavery and you can find out the truth and bring the real culprit or any other certain person from the town to the front of his watch tower and then he kills them with an arrow then you get them as a companion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 08:44:56

At 1/28/12 04:56 AM, Halberd wrote: I like the quest in Markath where...

That reminds me of the quest where you got Clavicus Vile's Boon.

Ehehehehehe

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 12:01:33

At 1/28/12 04:56 AM, Halberd wrote: I like the quest in Markath where that guy wants revenge on the person who sold his wife into slavery and you can find out the truth and bring the real culprit or any other certain person from the town to the front of his watch tower and then he kills them with an arrow then you get them as a companion.

I like that one quest when I fought with the stormcloacks to take whiterun with the help of liberty prime, he took down all the force fields that surrounded the city and practically did all the work for me.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 12:12:47

At 1/28/12 04:56 AM, Halberd wrote: I like the quest in Markath where that guy wants revenge on the person who sold his wife into slavery and you can find out the truth and bring the real culprit or any other certain person from the town to the front of his watch tower and then he kills them with an arrow then you get them as a companion.

That made me happy.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 12:45:37

I have it and it getting bore.....after months of playing

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 13:02:33

At 1/28/12 01:52 AM, Noonga wrote:
Talos bless Skyrim.

Fix'd

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 16:17:51

At 1/28/12 12:45 PM, Kratos544 wrote: I have it and it getting bore.....after months of playing

Months of playing ? In one week I was lvl 32 and Im sure in 2 weeks more if I would rent it another time I could beat this games...

-

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 16:54:11

At 1/28/12 04:02 PM, CashClock wrote:
At 1/28/12 01:02 PM, SolidToad wrote:
Talos bless Skyrim.
Fix'd
You filthy blasphemer! Talos is false. Humans can't be Gods. Don't be silly, you heretic! Now bend over backwards and accept the master race as your rulers, The Thalmor!

Stormcloaks > All

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 19:29:20

At 1/28/12 04:17 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: Months of playing ? In one week I was lvl 32 and Im sure in 2 weeks more if I would rent it another time I could beat this games...

Not everybody plays games as often as you do. I usually only play a little on the weekends, and even then, I don't always play much or even at all.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-29 02:13:21

By the 9 Divines the beta 1.4 patch is...really good.

So good that the load times for my pc went from 20 seconds on start to 8.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-30 10:41:10

Just got this game on the weekend and it is so much fun!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 11:29:40

ARGH i loved this game when i came out hammered 110 hours out of it in like 2 weeks :\ then got bored off it.

Just put it on to finish it off before i sell it im doing the rebellion quests im taking over solitude ATM iv killed everyone.. well they keep respawning, killed my way up to castle dour. theres that little speech between ulfric and the general.. we fight then nothing happens everyone just stands around i cant finish it! its stressful haha

Any advice?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 12:34:28

racters I've seen in gaming since ever! I actually felt like I was in a real thriving bustling city!

And I just love the quests in Skyrim, in games such as Fallout: New Vegas the quests are just dull, boring fetch quests and you hardly do interesting shit at all and you end up stronger than anything really fast. Skyrim had surprises in every corner though and it had so much depth to it. The game has passion and soul which most games hardly achieve these days.

God bless Skyrim.

Wow If it's as good as you say it is in terms that this would be " the only game you'll ever Need" I'd trade all of my old stuff that I've gotten since childhood.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 16:03:36

SPOILERS AHEAD. If you did not do the Companions questline, don't read this.

So I think my Companions questline is bugged. I finished the ''Blood Honor'' quest where you have to kill all the witches, and I return to Jorvasskr where Kodlak is dead. However, Vilkas won't give me the next quest. Now this quest takes place in Driftshade Refuge, and I've cleared out that dungeon a while ago when randomly visiting dungeons.
Will the Silverhand just respawn after a while or will I not be able to do the next Companions quest at all? If so, how long does that generally take?

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 18:37:31

At 2/1/12 07:56 AM, Cootie wrote: Am I the only one who targets the opponents knees when using a bow?

This makes me feel so much better now that I'm not the only one doing this.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 20:11:39

I attempted to play Skyrim as I found out I had the minimum system requirements, and I was in for a shock -- it lagged like hell! I know of the console commmand tlb in order to lower the graphics resolution and give the game a high boost on Oblivion, but it never occurred to me to do that on Skyrim; I uninstalled it before I discovered the command.

such a waste ;_;

What do I do? I have an integrated graphics card, so the various amounts of "game boosts" offered for Skyrim don't work at all. I've heard that tlb doesn't work on Skyrim, is this true?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 20:12:04

At 1/28/12 01:52 AM, Noonga wrote: Skyrim however knows how to give the player a challenge, give an enthralling and superb story and it has some of the most memorable and realistic characters I've seen in gaming since ever!

Are you being sarcastic?

Because I can't fathom anyone saying that with a straight face.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-01 22:39:27

At 2/1/12 08:11 PM, Gimmick wrote: I attempted to play Skyrim as I found out I had the minimum system requirements, and I was in for a shock -- it lagged like hell! I know of the console commmand tlb in order to lower the graphics resolution and give the game a high boost on Oblivion, but it never occurred to me to do that on Skyrim; I uninstalled it before I discovered the command.
such a waste ;_;
What do I do? I have an integrated graphics card, so the various amounts of "game boosts" offered for Skyrim don't work at all. I've heard that tlb doesn't work on Skyrim, is this true?

Did you try lowering the graphics through use of the main menu? Did you try downloading new graphics? Did you try finding out if the graphics card or if the processor were the ones causing the hiccup? You didn't give enough info to properly resolve this.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 01:22:47

At 2/1/12 08:12 PM, Rallard wrote:
At 1/28/12 01:52 AM, Noonga wrote: Skyrim however knows how to give the player a challenge, give an enthralling and superb story and it has some of the most memorable and realistic characters I've seen in gaming since ever!
Are you being sarcastic?

Those are my opinions and nothing less.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 09:34:32

So...is patch 1.4 out or is it still in the beta? Construction Kit trailer looked pretty sick.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 12:33:41

At 2/2/12 09:34 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: So...is patch 1.4 out or is it still in the beta? Construction Kit trailer looked pretty sick.

Once they are released I sure hope for some announcement on dlc. That and maybe a few more bug fixes.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 20:23:38

SPOILERS AHEAD. If you did not do the Companions questline, don't read this.

At 2/1/12 04:03 PM, Syztm wrote: SPOILERS AHEAD. If you did not do the Companions questline, don't read this.

So I think my Companions questline is bugged. I finished the ''Blood Honor'' quest where you have to kill all the witches, and I return to Jorvasskr where Kodlak is dead. However, Vilkas won't give me the next quest. Now this quest takes place in Driftshade Refuge, and I've cleared out that dungeon a while ago when randomly visiting dungeons.
Will the Silverhand just respawn after a while or will I not be able to do the next Companions quest at all? If so, how long does that generally take?

Yeah thats a common bug that happens because you cleared out the Driftshade refuge first and/or still have the quest to find the helm of winterhold still in your log.

There's a few ways to fix it.

It happened to me too, because I still had that quest in my log, not because I'd wiped out the refuge.

I fixed it by reloading to a point BEFORE I killed the witches. Then I finished the winterhold quest without killing anyone (used my console because I knew if I killed anyone in there it'd ruin my companion quest) Then I went back and killed the witches again and everything went fine.

I believe waiting 30 or 32 game days also resets the refuge. Point is, the matter must be resolved before killing the witches.

Also I just got around to playing this game like last month. So I'm late to the party. But I brought punch and pie.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 20:26:04

At 2/2/12 08:23 PM, SevenSeize wrote: SPOILERS AHEAD. If you did not do the Companions questline, don't read this.

At 2/1/12 04:03 PM, Syztm wrote: SPOILERS AHEAD. If you did not do the Companions questline, don't read this.

Here's another link as that one appeared cranky.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 23:07:54

At 2/2/12 01:22 AM, Noonga wrote:
At 2/1/12 08:12 PM, Rallard wrote:
Are you being sarcastic?
Those are my opinions and nothing less.

Skyrim is really easy. The story is better than Oblivion, definitely. But not superb. And the characters? Come on, the only memorable character Bethesda has made is Dad from Fallout 3.

I miss you, Dad.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-02 23:57:34

At 2/2/12 09:34 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: So...is patch 1.4 out or is it still in the beta? Construction Kit trailer looked pretty sick.

Shit is about to go from already superior on the PC, to fucking godlike.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-03 00:23:16

Do some people just randomly die in the game? The malachite mine owner just disapeared and I got an inheritence from him.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-03 01:55:30

At 2/3/12 12:23 AM, ToddM wrote: Do some people just randomly die in the game? The malachite mine owner just disapeared and I got an inheritence from him.

Sometimes people will die but the only way you should get an inheritance from someone is if you're married to them.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-03 02:01:42

At 2/3/12 01:55 AM, djack wrote:
At 2/3/12 12:23 AM, ToddM wrote: Do some people just randomly die in the game? The malachite mine owner just disapeared and I got an inheritence from him.
Sometimes people will die but the only way you should get an inheritance from someone is if you're married to them.

Well I didn't marry the guy but 100 gold pieces for free I don't mind.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-03 05:42:27

At 2/3/12 01:55 AM, djack wrote:

Speaking of inheritance in Skyrim, one time when I just felt like going on a murder spree in Whiterun, some time after I had killed most of the NPCs that can die a courier came up with a letter saying I had inherited money from one of the NPCs I just killed.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-02-03 10:47:27

YES! NEW DLC!

I was right about Elsweyr.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature