00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4ng3lzh4untm3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art of Burning Bread

13,309 Views | 122 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 12:27:18

All Finished, took me a while but i wanted to be as detailed as possible, i'm used to very quick drawings, i'm very proud of it and looking back, comparing this to other portraits i have done i feel great knowing i've made some sort of an improvement Portal Entry Here!!. Enjoy :)

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 13:32:09

At 4/18/11 12:27 PM, Toast-Tony wrote: All Finished, took me a while but i wanted to be as detailed as possible, i'm used to very quick drawings, i'm very proud of it and looking back, comparing this to other portraits i have done i feel great knowing i've made some sort of an improvement Portal Entry Here!!. Enjoy :)

OH MY GOD, HE'S CRAZY!!!
HE'S GONNA KILL US ALL D:

Run away!!!!!

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 14:24:26

It's my SRS FACE!!

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 14:29:15

At 4/18/11 12:27 PM, Toast-Tony wrote: All Finished, took me a while but i wanted to be as detailed as possible, i'm used to very quick drawings, i'm very proud of it and looking back, comparing this to other portraits i have done i feel great knowing i've made some sort of an improvement Portal Entry Here!!. Enjoy :)

That's pretty nice! Overall It's a great self portrait though I think you could have done a bit better on the teeth and lips. I'm loving the hair.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 14:37:09

At 4/18/11 02:29 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
That's pretty nice! Overall It's a great self portrait though I think you could have done a bit better on the teeth and lips. I'm loving the hair.

:) thanks, i agree the lips and teeth could be improved. I could've chosen a better facial expression too, i dont exactly do myself much justice lol

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-18 15:41:40

At 4/18/11 02:37 PM, Toast-Tony wrote:
) thanks, i agree the lips and teeth could be improved. I could've chosen a better facial expression too, i dont exactly do myself much justice lol

Sure... sure...
Some notes:
- Don't outline the entire lips, only some parts, or else it looks weird and unnatural. Plus theres more room for error (i.e. wobbly lines)
- Teeth... personally, I don't see any reason to outline every tooth. Keep it simple, and suggest with coloring.
- Hair. I was told this by a very smart and observational man: always start where the root of the hair is. I notice that you not really rushed on the hair, but didn't take as much care as you could have. You can see where you started new lines and didn't really follow the flow of the hair. Just something to keep in mind. A little patience (maybe create a custom brush for that even) and the image would be upped many times in quality ;)
I still like the coloring.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-25 20:55:34

Thanks for the advice Kakashi, you made many good points, the last drawing had many flaws :P, Just did this quick portrait sketch Portal

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-04-27 07:20:05

Work in progress of another portrait im working on

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-11-26 10:59:07

Broken laptop screen, drawing when i can at my girlfriends house. poooortrait wip

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-11-26 15:08:05

You wont catch me in the Art forum much, but I spied you were online and had a feeling it meant a new image was getting posted :P

Comparing this one with some of the other images, I think the black outline actually makes them look better. I seem to recall my highschool art teacher telling me that black outlines were bad, but I think I'll now disregard everything I was ever taught in that class. They just add a nice touch to the whole thing, in my opinion.

I'm no art critic, as you're no doubt aware, but to me that looks pretty damn impressive. Remind me to put in a request when you actually have a working laptop and some free time again. You'll be paid in sweet, sweet (well, bitter really) Guinness the next time we meet and I'd scale the image down to a horribly low resolution and use it as my profile pic :)

Nice to see you're actually drawing again though. I like looking through your stuff.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-12-10 18:48:53

Portal Aboriginal face or sumthn, on topic i leave to live in australia in March next year. I'm supposed to be excited i guess.Portal

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-12-12 02:34:48

This is pretty creepy, man, haha. I like the composition. Why are you moving to Australia?

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-12-12 02:42:47

Looks like he's coming to hunt me down... but i'll be waiting for him *cocks shotgun* Lol! i seen this in the portal the other day man, i thought it was real when i 1st looked at it. good stuff man keep it up.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-12-14 18:59:04

Thanks guys :) my dad got a job over there so im kinda moving with the family, should be cool i guess.

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2011-12-14 19:01:36

At 11/26/11 03:08 PM, Dean wrote:

:Le dribble dribble dribble clap dug

Completely disregarded this :( thanks dude, ill get a laptop after christmas and crack on with some more work, i'll look forward to the guinness too once ive fulfilled your request :D

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-03 10:43:55

Started a new drawing of a friend, been a while since i last drew anything. Well here is the lineart and the W.I.P follows

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-03 10:44:57

there we have it

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-03 14:29:11

wow these are all highly crazy looking but they sure do come to life.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-03 18:13:28

Ah thank you, i likea to choose kind of odd facial expressions to draw

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-05 11:25:53

...And so without the lineart shown here is the face, now for the extremely time consuming beard and hair.

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-08 07:42:40

All finished, will post a link to the portal once i am able to upload art to it

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-08 07:44:03

Yeh, the base for the eyebrows shouldnt be there. Silly me.

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-08 17:43:01

There is the portal entry, unfortunately its not appearing in the art portal frontpage :(

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-09 08:36:51

At 3 hours ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Toast-Tony wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/toast-tony/zeus-the-beard -arbones
There is the portal entry, unfortunately its not appearing in the art portal frontpage :(
Wow. The improvement from your first post to now is astounding. Keep up the good work.

Cheers dude :) aye i just looked at that first image myself and compared, i'm happy with my improvements very much so :P

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-10 14:23:17

Sketch i did earlier, coloured it too and placed it in the portal. I prefer the sketch by itself though.

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-14 16:22:59

Sketch of the current drawing im working on

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-02-15 09:42:43

It's coming along nicely, i still have trouble drawing beards

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-03-05 14:21:26

Check it out, its that pixie wizard girl hermoine :D
PORTAL!!!!

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-03-05 14:22:27

I'll put a little picture here too

The Art of Burning Bread

Response to The Art of Burning Bread 2012-03-07 16:13:29

Another portrait of a friend, well proud of this one :) any critique? i found the hair tricky and unfortunately lost interest in improving it, it's alright as it is though i guess