00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew

708,279 Views | 5,961 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 01:26:53

At 8/2/11 01:24 AM, XenonMonkey wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:22 AM, walkinator wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:21 AM, walkinator wrote:
finnishe
i can spell
am confident that this can be fixed. How many ghasts?
BRB, COUNTING.

I'd Say 25-30.

It's hard to count because I'm falling into oblivion when I spawn.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 01:41:59

At 8/2/11 01:20 AM, Makeshift wrote: I think the best idea at this point is to start a new world.

Nooo! I haven't finished mapping out the blueprint for my farm house yet! I thought there would be more time :'(

now I want apple pie...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 03:49:16

Anyone else tried the Aether mod?

Its pretty fucking unique

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 08:39:34

Apparently SeeD's server is down as well, on/off it seems.

Oh well. I'll just wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 09:57:43

At 8/2/11 03:49 AM, Figter wrote: Anyone else tried the Aether mod?

Its pretty fucking unique

Yep, I've been trying out that mod lately and it's pretty fucking boss.

I like to roam around the normal Minecraft world with my trusty flying steed Jericho. It's pretty fun. :)

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 12:13:30

The server should be back up now. For some reason I forgot you could use backups, so I used one from sometime yesterday before the server crashed. Hopefully it stays up.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 12:43:16

Down again.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 13:25:09

wen i was admin i never crashed the server :(

Steam | TF2BP

Sig by armorfag or whatever

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 13:35:52

At 8/2/11 01:25 PM, Gerbil wrote: wen i was admin i never crashed the server :(

You sure?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 13:52:51

At 8/2/11 01:43 PM, Tateos wrote:
At 8/2/11 12:13 PM, Makeshift wrote: The server should be back up now. For some reason I forgot you could use backups, so I used one from sometime yesterday before the server crashed. Hopefully it stays up.
The server crashed pretty frequently yesterday. What time did you revert it to?

2:34 or something like that. I think you could take Raichi's spot as Op, Tateos.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:05:51

At 8/2/11 02:57 PM, Tateos wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:52 PM, Makeshift wrote: 2:34 or something like that. I think you could take Raichi's spot as Op, Tateos.
Do you have any backups from earlier in the day?

It only backs up once a day. But what was so special about that world anyway. There weren't that many great things built yet. It would just be a lot easier to start fresh... especially considering that world was 139mb. That's why I didn't want Raichi taking people out to ridiculously far coordinates. If people really care about whatever they have built they can rebuild it or I can put the world up for download.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:26:29

At 8/2/11 03:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: It only backs up once a day. But what was so special about that world anyway. There weren't that many great things built yet. It would just be a lot easier to start fresh... especially considering that world was 139mb. That's why I didn't want Raichi taking people out to ridiculously far coordinates. If people really care about whatever they have built they can rebuild it or I can put the world up for download.

Actually, There are actually quite alot of good buildings, You dont play alot to even see them though. You play like what, Once every week? And you want to reset? No. You'll just piss people off, and some of them may leave, And as of recently theres been more people playing, The limit was pretty much almost hit yesterday. 139 mb is nothing, theres one server who have an entire remake of Lord of the rings, thats not even finished yet, Its so big, the maps 2gb, and they've gone past the far lands.
Restarting the world is a dick move.

"Im a medic not a doctor."

"Whats the difference?"

"Doctors heal people... Medics make you more comfortable.... While you die."

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:34:09

At 8/2/11 03:26 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Actually, There are actually quite alot of good buildings, You dont play alot to even see them though. You play like what, Once every week?

I'm on at least once a day and I always teleport to everyone to see what they're up to. Maybe I would see them if people didn't build them so far away. And it's not like it's my fault I'm not on at least 12 hours idea, I've just been bored of SMP.

And you want to reset? No. You'll just piss people off, and some of them may leave, And as of recently theres been more people playing, The limit was pretty much almost hit yesterday.

I was considering it because of something you did.

139 mb is nothing, theres one server who have an entire remake of Lord of the rings, thats not even finished yet, Its so big, the maps 2gb, and they've gone past the far lands.

But we have a limit and I don't feel like paying any more than is necessary.

Restarting the world is a dick move.

It's not like it was going to last forever anyway. It wouldn't even been necessary if you didn't decide to spawn a bunch of mobs.

I guess we'll keep it, but it's going to be a few days old...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:38:51

At 8/2/11 03:34 PM, Makeshift wrote: I was considering it because of something you did.

Actually, The restore from back up removed the ghasts, Part of my towers are missing, Which were made several hours before the ghasts were spawned, So yeah, They're gone. Its not the world, £129 mb isnt that much. And you dont want to pay more? You havent payed a single thing so far :/

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:40:29

At 8/2/11 03:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: It would just be a lot easier to start fresh... especially considering that world was 139mb.

*sigh*

I'm fine with that as long as I get infinite blocks to rebuild my home and farm - after that I will discard them. Getting all my resources back's gonna be a bitch though.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:41:42

You didnt need to restore it a second time, The first restore got rid of the ghasts.

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:48:19

At 8/2/11 03:38 PM, Xatanxa wrote: You havent payed a single thing so far :/

Don't just assume something you don't know, I've contributed $5.

What I meant was that I don't want to spend any more than I have to in the coming months to keep up with unnecessary expanding.

At 8/2/11 03:41 PM, Xatanxa wrote: You didnt need to restore it a second time, The first restore got rid of the ghasts.

The server was still crashing.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:51:20

At 8/2/11 03:48 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:41 PM, Xatanxa wrote: You didnt need to restore it a second time, The first restore got rid of the ghasts.
The server was still crashing.

Then why didnt you try harder to find a solution before going, "OH DERP, LETS RESET THE MAP!", I Logged in earlier, and it was fine, server didnt crash, And the ghasts were despawned as the server was at a point timewise where they had yet to be spawned. Something happened between the time where i logged off when it was fine, And the crash. There was no need for the second restore.

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 15:58:14

At 8/2/11 03:51 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Then why didnt you try harder to find a solution before going, "OH DERP, LETS RESET THE MAP!", I Logged in earlier, and it was fine, server didnt crash, And the ghasts were despawned as the server was at a point timewise where they had yet to be spawned. Something happened between the time where i logged off when it was fine, And the crash. There was no need for the second restore.

I tried logging in multiple times. I got in once and it crashed a few minutes later. I had been checking the server through ClanForge to see if it was up and it continued to crash. I reset it multiple times and it was still crashing. I figured there must still be a problem so I restored it.

Maybe I should just let the server die. If I do keep going with it I most likely won't let someone who's being a complete asshole to me on it. I'm trying my hardest to get this working while you can sit there and just bitch at me.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 16:00:40

At 8/2/11 03:58 PM, Makeshift wrote: I tried logging in multiple times. I got in once and it crashed a few minutes later. I had been checking the server through ClanForge to see if it was up and it continued to crash. I reset it multiple times and it was still crashing. I figured there must still be a problem so I restored it.

Maybe I should just let the server die. If I do keep going with it I most likely won't let someone who's being a complete asshole to me on it. I'm trying my hardest to get this working while you can sit there and just bitch at me.

You logged on and it crashed? Sounds simillar to Me, only when you logged in it crashed. Im bitching cause you do unneccessary things, Like reset the last world instead of just changing the spawn. If you let the server die, So be it.

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 16:11:55

At 8/2/11 04:00 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Im bitching cause you do unneccessary things, Like reset the last world instead of just changing the spawn.

And you know how to fix it a different way? I'm not going to just change the spawn because then we'd have this patch where lots of buildings are that isn't accessible.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 16:30:12

At 8/2/11 04:11 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/2/11 04:00 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Im bitching cause you do unneccessary things, Like reset the last world instead of just changing the spawn.
And you know how to fix it a different way? I'm not going to just change the spawn because then we'd have this patch where lots of buildings are that isn't accessible.

Yeah, You go into it, You get rid of unnecessary things, And you rebuild into a format LESS laggy. Its not that difficult, didnt require a world reset.

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 17:47:22

At 8/2/11 04:30 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Yeah, You go into it, You get rid of unnecessary things, And you rebuild into a format LESS laggy. Its not that difficult, didnt require a world reset.

Do you even know what you're saying.

Oh hey, look, the server crashed again.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 17:52:10

At 8/2/11 05:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/2/11 04:30 PM, Xatanxa wrote: Yeah, You go into it, You get rid of unnecessary things, And you rebuild into a format LESS laggy. Its not that difficult, didnt require a world reset.
Do you even know what you're saying.

Oh hey, look, the server crashed again.

No it didnt crash

"Whats the difference?"

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 18:10:50

And now for something somewhat similar but slightly different; SeeD's server is still down, Just in case SeeD doesn't know.

But I'm sure you do, right SeeD? You still care about us?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 18:45:22

At 8/2/11 06:10 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: And now for something somewhat similar but slightly different; SeeD's server is still down, Just in case SeeD doesn't know.

But I'm sure you do, right SeeD? You still care about us?

CNT was on last night... but then the server crashed...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 18:55:34

Do any of you know what server provider does SeeD use?

This could be a Multiplay issue.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 18:56:13

At 8/2/11 06:55 PM, Makeshift wrote: Do any of you know what server provider does SeeD use?

Do any of you know what server provider SeeD uses? *

I correct Makeshift's posts

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 19:23:59

So I was just exploring and sheering sheep and shit, when I stumbled upon this quite stunning natural scene. Minecraft is so cool. Here is a download to a hopefully higher resolution pic.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-08-02 20:29:54

At 8/2/11 07:23 PM, Xarnor wrote: So I was just exploring and sheering sheep and shit, when I stumbled upon this quite stunning natural scene. Minecraft is so cool. Here is a download to a hopefully higher resolution pic.

Cliffs are indeed awesome.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature