00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ToneFFX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Conny's sketchbook

1,370 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:04:46

One of my watchers over at deviantart suggested me to go here and post my stuff at the forums. So here I am.

I'm not used to these forums, just wanted to put that out there.

ps: is there a way to attach more images in one post? That'd be very nice.

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:08:08

wordswordswords
more words

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:08:38

At 8/18/10 03:04 PM, Loath-some wrote: ps: is there a way to attach more images in one post? That'd be very nice.

I think I can assume your ConnyCartoon, Right?

Just making sure...

sadly, no. There isn't a way to attach more than one image to a post. But look at it this way, Each post can be like a little mini-tribute to each picture it supports :3

so keep the art and mini-tributes coming

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:10:30

Sorry some of the images are blurry because my computer crashed once and I only have some crummy looking versions ):

concept work

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:13:07

The devil one is very nice.
The only thing I can see that bugs me is on the first one with the moon, the moon is behind the person/scarecrow, but the light is coming from above.

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:15:30

- yes I used to use that account, I go by the same name I go with on NG on DA now.
- That's true. But how dull would it be with only one lightsource?

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:18:41

At 8/18/10 03:15 PM, Loath-some wrote: - yes I used to use that account, I go by the same name I go with on NG on DA now.

I noticed the links and such, But were a little anal about art thieves around here. And your stuff is pretty good, which sadly makes it a prime target for thieves.

Keep posting
:3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:45:48

- I don't worry too much about thieves because they won't be able to re-create anything new if anyone likes the piece they claim to have done. But I can! I'm glad you like my stuff!

----

pretty old piece done in early 2010.
I'm just dumping some stuff in here so you guys have something to look at..

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:49:52

Character concept

"waterback"

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:52:08

Sketch (15-20 minutes)

That's enough for now. I'll post later when I have more to show you.
Buhbai

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 15:52:41

At 8/18/10 03:45 PM, Loath-some wrote:

That's the spirit!

Your drawings are very interesting. Of course they look fantastic, but every piece also has something compelling to it. Very nice!

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 16:00:41

OooOoOps forgot about this piece (made it yesterday)

there we go

laters :D

Conny's sketchbook

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 16:50:57

At 8/18/10 03:45 PM, Loath-some wrote: pretty old piece done in early 2010.

I love the color, but there are a few things that seem off about it. The first is the way that the neck meets the shoulders. It doesn't seem like it blends in well enough and the angles of the shadows at the base of the neck don't match up.

Also, the face seems to be protruding too far out and the head seems to be turned at an unnatural angle.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about how out of focus the back of the head is. I don't think that it should be that blurry. It makes the face feel like it's not attached, like a mask.

At 8/18/10 04:00 PM, Loath-some wrote: OooOoOps forgot about this piece (made it yesterday)

there we go

laters :D

The lava seems flat to me and I think it's because you haven't incorporated enough tones and also that it's not blended properly. The texture on it seems to be blotchy and unnatural. It also resembles water too much when it should come off as much more viscous.

You have the reflection/ambient light from the lava on his right arm and face, but nowhere else. It should be present on the rest of his body as well, albeit progressively less prominent as you move to the left.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 17:40:13

hot shit bro. lovin it

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 21:03:46

Awesome stuff Loath-some ;)

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-18 23:58:49

That's some awesome art work there. I hope to see more.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-08-19 08:11:22

Insertfunnynamehere: The first piece is pretty old so a lot of that has been improved, just dumping some old stuff as well. Lava piece: Yeah I've been thinking of fixing it up a lot, it's a pretty quick piece (4 hours or something maybe). If I have time and can be bothered I'll fix these things.

Innerchild; thanks

Cloudeater: thank you

CypressDahila: You actually just found a fault in my work that I've been struggling to get out of. I've been trying to make my stuff more painterly for a while now and I have the habit of keep rendering things out because I hate how it looks. This is a matter of practice though, I'll just keep playing around with it and eventually I'll get it. And no I'm not a perfectionist, whatever you tried to tell me with that.

Fifty-50: Thanks. There will be!

----

Just thought I'd reply to some posts. Nothing to update.

Response to Conny's sketchbook 2010-09-21 10:17:51

sketch born from boredom

Conny's sketchbook