00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~Kashi's Art Thread~

88,656 Views | 480 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-09 14:06:35

At 9/9/12 01:30 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 9/9/12 01:18 AM, Kashi wrote:
Any advice/tips/critique/stuff is welcome.
The right leg, because you gave the entire thing a solid line it looks detached to the rest of the body. Some minor adjustments would do it well.

The right leg doesn't look detached to me...

The left (his right) hand could use a clearer wrist though. The fingers look like they come right out of the arm, unlike the sketch where it's more visible.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-09 19:56:18

Done-ish, I guess. Might edit later but submission deadline was 7:59 EST (11:59 GMT)

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-09 22:53:34

At 9/9/12 07:56 PM, Kashi wrote: Done-ish

Meow meow meow.
^helpful post

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-10 16:45:26

At 9/9/12 07:56 PM, Kashi wrote: Done-ish, I guess. Might edit later but submission deadline was 7:59 EST (11:59 GMT)
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kashi/alex-vondran

Updated; got a time extension so I touched it up.

And by that I mean I wildly slapped textures and effects over it until it was unrecognizable.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-17 23:29:15

At 9/10/12 04:45 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 9/9/12 07:56 PM, Kashi wrote: Done-ish, I guess. Might edit later but submission deadline was 7:59 EST (11:59 GMT)
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kashi/alex-vondran
Updated; got a time extension so I touched it up.
And by that I mean I wildly slapped textures and effects over it until it was unrecognizable.

And later I changed more stuff (like coloring the lineart) huzzahsjdajkdhasjdh :S

Moar. For another contest on dA. Been having this sketched out for awhile (remember a page back? yeah, finally finished it~)
"Finishing" in this case meaning I just threw a bunch of textures and effects all over it like a little child puking on itself...

... or something.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-21 21:18:55

Madness day sketch :333

Also touched up that last submission^
I have so many stupid layers that I forget to toggle all of them on. Need to work on that. Been going overboard lately with all these new goodies I got for SAI :S

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-22 20:33:04

At 9/21/12 09:18 PM, Kashi wrote: Madness day sketch :333

Lines I suppose~

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-22 21:23:43

At 9/22/12 08:33 PM, Kashi wrote:
Lines I suppose~

your lines are so smooth and crisp.. I have no idea how you do that. is that the tab doing its work?

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-23 00:29:26

At 9/22/12 09:23 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 9/22/12 08:33 PM, Kashi wrote:
Lines I suppose~
your lines are so smooth and crisp.. I have no idea how you do that. is that the tab doing its work?

Yep, that and SAI making my lines super pretty :3

Done; submitted at 11:59 LOOOL :B

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-25 15:56:16

Scans from doodling today at school cuz Zaney wanted me to :3

expect WIP from stuff later on~ landscaping maybe possibly

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-25 16:13:21

At 8/15/10 01:19 AM, Kashi wrote: This will be the new, official thread for all of my art.
You can see the old thread in which my previous pieces reside here. My Art Page is here.
So, as an apt starting image, i have Kakashi stating the now-obvious :P
Critique and constructive criticism is wanted!!!
Please do not post your art inside this thread!
Also, Art Portal

Hey, would you mind doing a drawing for me? It is for a project and you will probably decline, as the pay is not very good at all. PM me for more info.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-25 17:39:04

Don't exactly like the way this came out, but put enough work into it so I might as well post it here...

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-25 17:45:08

There's also this.

It's quicker to doodle in manga, lol. Especially since I draw with pen. When I go for anything semi-/realistic I end up focusing on one part like the eyes and don't do anything else haha. Plus I work small, like on the margins where it isn't exactly accommodating for anything more than scribbles.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-25 18:09:27

At 9/25/12 05:39 PM, Kashi wrote: Don't exactly like the way this came out, but put enough work into it so I might as well post it here...

hard to see where the light source is in this one. i can see that you are using a lot of crosshatching, so I would like to recommend this tutorial on it that I found really helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8VhfvLXOJc

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-26 20:10:35

At 9/25/12 06:09 PM, Daagah wrote: hard to see where the light source is in this one. i can see that you are using a lot of crosshatching, so I would like to recommend this tutorial on it that I found really helpful:

Thanks!
Yeah, there wasn't much of a lightsource to begin with, but then at one point I decided to scrap the drawing altogether and scribbled over the entire pic before I changed my mind and saved it xD
Nice video, saved for future reference as well :)

Meanwhile, here's that WIP that I said I was going to post yesterday....

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-26 20:29:15

At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, Kashi wrote: Meanwhile, here's that WIP that I said I was going to post yesterday....

Looking good, Kaka. I'm really liking your new stuff. Especially the brush strokes in the colours. Looks sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-26 22:45:26

At 9/26/12 08:29 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, Kashi wrote: Meanwhile, here's that WIP that I said I was going to post yesterday....
Looking good, Kaka. I'm really liking your new stuff. Especially the brush strokes in the colours. Looks sweet.

Thanks ^^

Done~
Ended up half-assing the animals lmao I mostly did it for the background. For some contest on dA.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-30 00:47:42

At 9/26/12 10:45 PM, Kashi wrote: Done~
Ended up half-assing the animals lmao I mostly did it for the background. For some contest on dA.

Updated that^

Meanwhile, WIP for more stuff.
Redrawing my old Battle Royale-self.
Not planning on making her (me?) quite so... muscular.
Other pictures are references/inspiration (superheroes, no wonder she's [I'm?] so bulked up lol).
Also a random doodle because I got bored lol.

Dat face needs work.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-09-30 09:23:20

At 9/30/12 12:47 AM, Kashi wrote: Meanwhile, WIP for more stuff.
Redrawing my old Battle Royale-self.
Not planning on making her (me?) quite so... muscular.
Other pictures are references/inspiration (superheroes, no wonder she's [I'm?] so bulked up lol).
Also a random doodle because I got bored lol.
Dat face needs work.

Wow. It's ridiculous how much you've improved. Seriously. I laughed.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-10-01 01:22:05

At 9/30/12 09:23 AM, Sockembop wrote: Wow. It's ridiculous how much you've improved. Seriously. I laughed.

Thanks ^^
That means a lot, seriously :)

Meanwhile, I cba to make real clothes so this bitch is gonna be wearing skintight clothes.

awwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhh

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-10-01 02:16:38

At 10/1/12 01:22 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:23 AM, Sockembop wrote: Wow. It's ridiculous how much you've improved. Seriously. I laughed.
Thanks ^^
That means a lot, seriously :)

Meanwhile, I cba to make real clothes so this bitch is gonna be wearing skintight clothes.
awwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhh

ooh, looking forward to seeing the final of this.
excellent improvement

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-10-01 18:45:39

At 10/1/12 02:16 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: ooh, looking forward to seeing the final of this.
excellent improvement

Then the final you shall see~

Finished this last night at around 2AM and submitted it in time for the contest @ dA, but it was late and I was tired and didn't submit it here xP

So this whole adventure has taught me that I still have a lot of room to improve and get better, but at least I've made progress from two years ago :)
+ 10 charisma and motivation!

Who knew that something good would come out of arting for dA?? O_o

HQ here:

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-10-01 19:59:14

Moving on, I'll be tentatively posting this picture.
Took it with my phone and edited it a bit in PS/SAI.

I finished this around November of last year. The date is on the back, but I didn't take it out to look. I did post the sketch version of it a ways back in my thread though.
Would scan but the pastel gets everywhere.

Oh, right, about that. This is a 12x18" mixed media piece. I used Colored pencils, acrylics, temperas, and pastels. None of the boxes touch another of the same media.
This got entered into a few contests over the course of last year, and won a few ($$$, woo!).

Don't know how the quality will be, so be warned.

It was clear as day on my phone, but was blurry when I uploaded it onto my computer, so we'll see.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-11-11 15:52:06

In other news, I created a fauxster thingy for a musical my friend is helping direct.
I'm not really a fan of typography, it turns out, lol.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2012-11-11 16:59:25

At 11/11/12 03:52 PM, Kashi wrote: In other news, I created a fauxster thingy for a musical my friend is helping direct.
I'm not really a fan of typography, it turns out, lol.

I kind of like this, but some of the thigns are hard to read.

I'm just now trying to learn proper typography myself, so I just might be talking out my ass right now.

The "December" is really hard to read. I had to look at it a little longer to make sure I was reading it right. I think if you could add more Kern (Spacing, my boss says its called Kern, so I believe him) to it might make it more legible, but that will most likely disrupt the flow of the cursive writing, so you will probably have to choose a new font.
I'm liking the top text and how it is drop-shadowed(?) its self, but it doesn't work so well for the bottom text. it makes me feel like I have blurred vision. I think you should match the top font more.

Also something interesting I have learned lately. Take some of your important words, and increase the size of the first letter of those words. it really helps make them stand out for some reason

holy shit, I am learning something from Mr. Mort

Shitty example attached.

I really hope this production goes well. and I hope you get your flyer chosen to advertise the play.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2013-04-01 20:40:04

Long time no bump.

At 11/11/12 04:59 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I really hope this production goes well. and I hope you get your flyer chosen to advertise the play.

It was, actually :) It was on big posters all around school and printed onto t-shirts as well; I got one :3
Looking back, I don't really like the results, but it was still an interesting learning experience. It seems that typography isn't really my thing, haha, but maybe I'll try again and see where it goes.

Meanwhile, this may or may not be a WIP for a collab :x

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2013-04-02 16:57:21

Also to get out of actual homework I drew a portrait of Frida Kahlo for my Spanish teacher last night.
Took about 2 hours; reference

Drawing stuff on no sleep CHYEAAAAAA

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2013-06-15 15:17:15

What? I'm not doodling during work :x
Reference

it's been two months and you bump your thread with this Ely?
shaddup.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2013-06-15 16:03:31

At 6/15/13 03:17 PM, Kashi wrote: What? I'm not doodling during work :x
Reference

Dear God, what is it like inside your funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2013-06-25 00:08:22

At 6/15/13 04:03 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Dear God, what is it like inside your funny little brains? It must be so boring.

I will skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin you.

--

So apologies to Lark. I was going to redline your WIP and everything and then i got carried away and this happened. You can blame my brother. :)

~Kashi's Art Thread~