00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~Kashi's Art Thread~

88,657 Views | 480 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 23:02:23

That is one extreme perspective.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 23:33:33

THIS IS AWESOME.

Vast improvement.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 23:36:48

At 6/29/11 09:00 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 6/28/11 06:25 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Mhm I see I see, liking this piece so far, you are getting better and better.
I sure hope so :)

----

BAM!488">
Got some AVAT lineart done :D
Higher Quality
Critique on perspective or anything?
The fingers on the cannon really piss me off btw

I think it's a little too extreme. Something about just bothers me. It kinda looks like his hand opened up into a portal, and not staring down the the barrel of a hand cannon.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 23:52:53

At 6/29/11 11:36 PM, MajesticBob wrote: I think it's a little too extreme. Something about just bothers me. It kinda looks like his hand opened up into a portal, and not staring down the the barrel of a hand cannon.

Well, the way his cannon is made, it's not so much a barrel as much as a chamber for fucking shittons of plasma energy, or something.
I guess I should mention this is Cyborg from Teen Titans (that's also my reference)
It's going to be glowing to a point where you wouldn't see down the "barrel" anyways :P but thanks for the input :D

Also, @Iamsofuckingcool: thanks :P

----

Very special thanks to Lovingthedark for helping me fix him up. It has undergone many, many changes (some more noticeable than others), and now I am very happy with how the lineart is. So much so, that I have moved onto flats.
Not much progress, per se, but i've been working on the background, which shall be unveiled soon enough ;)
Higher Quality

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 23:56:00

At 6/29/11 11:52 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 6/29/11 11:36 PM, MajesticBob wrote: I think it's a little too extreme. Something about just bothers me. It kinda looks like his hand opened up into a portal, and not staring down the the barrel of a hand cannon.
Well, the way his cannon is made, it's not so much a barrel as much as a chamber for fucking shittons of plasma energy, or something.
I guess I should mention this is Cyborg from Teen Titans (that's also my reference)
It's going to be glowing to a point where you wouldn't see down the "barrel" anyways :P but thanks for the input :D

I am aware it's Cyborg. I just think the perspective is a little off. Spot on cyborg othewise though. I like the coloring.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-30 01:49:06

At 6/29/11 09:00 PM, Kashi wrote:
Got some AVAT lineart done :D

FUCK
I still gotta get mine inked.

Yep typical procrastination.

Anyway It looks like a start, I see your making progress with the colored version.

You should work on the flow of the bicep in to the forearm on Cy's back arm. It seems to kind of jut in.
I can also understand why Bob is feeling that the perspective is off a little The cannon is coming out just a tad bit awkward

Over all, solid and farther along than my piece.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-30 05:55:17

So that's your piece Kashi... That's amazing!!! You've come along way from the beginning of the thread and the passing of the years I'll be keeping my eye on your improvement I'm sure you won't disappoint.

PS: How's everyone? Remember me, muahahaha

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-05 02:18:29

@ Bob and Kinsei: The more I look at it, the more it bothers me too.

Then again, I tend to notice a lot of little faults in my art which may completely unnoticeable to others but annoys me to no end.

@ Mab: Thanks :P
I might upload it to the portal later, but cba to now.
Also, final version below (or, as finished as I care to make it)

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-05 02:22:55

Also, I randomly started getting into papercraft stuff while researching references on a request for my cousin.
And then I found this
There is also:
Blue
Green
and Red
I will be assembling these and posting progress shots and whatnot.

I don't take any credit for templates, yadda yadda

I already finished the orange one, and higher quality
I apologize for the quality of the photos, they are cell phone pictures, and horrible ones at that.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-07 21:00:02

I'll finish the blue crasher tonight, I promise!

Well, I promise I'll try :P

----
So my livestream was pretty successful; I got a lot of feedback, much more than I ever could linking a picture or anything else. It makes a difference, and I'm looking forward to doing it with some more complicated pieces of mine.
It was also funny, watching my computer squirm under the amount of effort it took to run the stream and SAI. So much, I couldn't even go on Chrome D:
Anyways, thanks Livestream friends, and here is the end result :)

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-08 02:20:07

cool crashers, although personally I think the fun in papercraft is making your own models. Did I ever show you this?

~Kashi's Art Thread~

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-08 02:53:24

At 7/8/11 02:20 AM, J-qb wrote: cool crashers, although personally I think the fun in papercraft is making your own models. Did I ever show you this?

*sniffles*
Yeah, once I'm done building these buggers, I'm hoping to make some of my own, I have yet to decide of what yet. Maybe Pico/Nene/Darnell or something. If I don't feel like making something NG related, I'm very tempted to try making some dogs and critters or something.
Still, these Crashers are gonna look awesome on my windowsill :3
"high quality"
And here's the two of them together

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-08 10:31:10

Nice. I like how the Blue one came out. Was it the one giving you shield trouble?

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-08 13:08:28

Heya, Kashi.

The foldout models aren't too shabby. Any chance that you'll be designing a few yourself, after this, or are you just that bloody well sick of them? Either way is valid.

Any way, this is a great thread you have going on here. Regular updates, the like that I couldn't manage if my life depended on it. I'll keep lurking on it.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 20:52:58

At 7/8/11 10:31 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Nice. I like how the Blue one came out. Was it the one giving you shield trouble?

Nah, not really shield trouble, I just lost part of the shield handle while attempting to glue (found it though!)

At 7/8/11 01:08 PM, Lintire wrote: The foldout models aren't too shabby. Any chance that you'll be designing a few yourself, after this, or are you just that bloody well sick of them? Either way is valid.

Read up, I said I'll try my hand at a few :P
They do get kind of repetitive though... maybe because they're the same thing :P
But it's gonna take quite some planning to figure out how future papercraft peoples are gonna look.

Speaking of, I finished Green....
High quality.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 20:55:18

I've also been doing some traditional stuff...
This set is referenced from Posemaniacs.
Numbered in the order that they were drawn.
Higher Quality

My personal faves are 2, 4, and 5

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 21:17:09

I also made some sketches other than Posemaniacs studies n stuff. I was going to post them all separately but decided that by themselves they don't look like I put much effort into them, but as a group.... yessssss.... (I actually took 15-30 minutes on each, at least)
Higher Quality.
Just a couple of notes to go along with.
1.) Drawn before i drew the Posemaniac pictures. It's a pretty loose sketch that I play to finish someday.
2.) I am not really sure what this is or why I drew it. Just some crazy college partier, I guess. This was the first one drawn after the Posemaniacs set. Might finish this one as well.
3.) I really, really like this one. However, i think his arms are just a tad too long, and his left (our right) arm, I didn't know what to do with it. I wasn't going to draw it at all, but that'd look weird, so now its awkwardly hanging by his side :/
4.) Soccer!!!! :D I used a ref here for the pose (link), but ended up straying from it, which is where the weaker points are xP
Also, real soccer players don't need shinguards >:|

lol, I totes forgot to draw them xD

Might finish him too, after I make some major adjustments.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 21:33:10

Looks like I owe someone a triple dog dare chili with extra cheese and brownie with whip cream on top >:{3

~Kashi's Art Thread~

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 21:37:54

At 7/12/11 09:33 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Looks like I owe someone a triple dog dare chili with extra cheese and brownie with whip cream on top >:{3

!!!
<333
:DDD
Always Remember!!

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-12 21:49:47

Whoa! Where do I get one of those! Haven't ate good this whole week!! Kashi has improved with her many styles! It's unpredictable what will cone next? One will never know.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-19 23:09:14

Thanks Ramatsu!

---

So, yeah, I had completed the Red Crasher, and then I was trying to transport it from one house to the other to put it with the rest of the collection (and take pics), it was raining, he got wet, and... yeah :(
Gonna build him again soon, hopefully.
---
In other news, I filled up my sketchbooks, filled to the brim with gijinkas and posemaniacs xP
Will be uploading some sketches later, although right now I wanna work on my Tarot Collab submission (go here ;))
----

In other other news.....
I made fanart.
We should all make fanart.
Gogogo!
Also, HQ/AP

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-07-20 00:12:59

Good Job! I like the texture in the hair and the shirt!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-05 02:38:18

I like your drawing. By seeing this i can say that you are an artist. Thanks for sharing such beautiful paintings with us.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-08 13:41:08

At 7/20/11 12:12 AM, Joshsouza wrote: Good Job! I like the texture in the hair and the shirt!

Yay...! :B Thanks.

At 7/20/11 02:27 AM, galstyan wrote: I am new here, and i see both thread of you, this one is better then previous.

I sure hope so :P

At 8/5/11 02:33 AM, sammartin wrote: Kashi you will definitely rock when you do some more practice.

I always strive to improve.

At 8/5/11 02:38 AM, rimjhim wrote: I like your drawing. By seeing this i can say that you are an artist. Thanks for sharing such beautiful paintings with us.

You're welcome? Yeah, you're welcome :P

------------------------

In other news, I had some seriously art block, but its starting to clear up, me thinks.
I finished my Moon Card for the Tarot Card Collab that Knocturne is running.
Thanks, Fifty, for being such a good sport when I stole back my card :3
Art Portal~~~~~

LINKS AHOY

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-08 15:17:05

Also, wippage.
Still working on the lines, there's a lot to improve on >_> (shoes, arm, etc...)
Just put in some rough colors to get the feel for it, plus it looks like I've done more than I really have.
Still, comments and critique are very welcome :)

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-08 21:35:20

At 8/8/11 03:17 PM, Kashi wrote: Also, wippage.
Still working on the lines, there's a lot to improve on >_> (shoes, arm, etc...)
Just put in some rough colors to get the feel for it, plus it looks like I've done more than I really have.

I see, I see! Is there a deeper story behind these two characters relationship? I am quite curious miss. Can't wait to see this finished.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-08 21:45:43

At 8/8/11 09:35 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
I see, I see! Is there a deeper story behind these two characters relationship?

Nope.

Also, references for fox. 1 2

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-08-08 22:01:47

You may want to use some references for the legs as well. 1 2

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-11-05 01:24:32

LOL BUMP

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-11-05 01:54:17

At 11/5/11 01:24 AM, Kashi wrote: LOL BUMP

It's been quite sometime I were wondering when you were going to show up again(bumping your thread wise). You improve everytime you put something up, keep em coming gotta make up that long hiatus.(Jk but welcome back though.)

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature