Be a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

  • 46,914 Views
  • 369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-22 08:15:09 Reply

At 10/22/12 07:23 AM, Lintire wrote: Thought it turned out good enough to leave in this thread.

When playing poker, it's best not to lose your head.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-24 03:35:47 Reply

At 10/22/12 08:15 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/22/12 07:23 AM, Lintire wrote: Thought it turned out good enough to leave in this thread.
When playing poker, it's best not to lose your head.

Some people just can't bluff half a damn.

In order from least to most stepped on: Kim, Amy, Emi, and Lyn (who we all know is the most important character).
The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy. Go check it out, it's actually a pretty sweet webcomic.

Lintire's Art String

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-24 04:45:33 Reply

At 10/24/12 03:35 AM, Lintire wrote: In order from least to most stepped on: Kim, Amy, Emi, and Lyn (who we all know is the most important character).
The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy. Go check it out, it's actually a pretty sweet webcomic.

This is the best.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-28 02:48:19 Reply

Hey, you've got some pretty decent pieces of work! However on your poses involving humans and faces I would recommend reading some of Andrew loomis's books regarding the human form and shape. I think It'll considerably improve the quality of your work.

Link Doobly Doo

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-28 05:01:25 Reply

At 10/28/12 02:48 AM, JoseFonz wrote:

:Loomis

Heh. You should have seen Lint ranting about Loomis about a year ago. Favorably.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-28 11:05:25 Reply

At 10/28/12 05:01 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 10/28/12 02:48 AM, JoseFonz wrote: Loomis
Heh. You should have seen Lint ranting about Loomis about a year ago. Favorably

Why would he have disdain over andrew loomis?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-29 21:10:58 Reply

At 10/24/12 04:45 AM, Aigis wrote: This is the best.

I try.

At 10/28/12 11:05 AM, JoseFonz wrote:
At 10/28/12 05:01 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 10/28/12 02:48 AM, JoseFonz wrote: Loomis
Heh. You should have seen Lint ranting about Loomis about a year ago. Favorably
Why would he have disdain over andrew loomis?

Extremely good question, considering I ranted over the guy favourably.

Right now I'm concentrating on improving my rendering and generally trying to make more interesting pictures, neither of which are bases that Andrew Loomis covers in his books. Would appreciate a manual that DID cover those bases, but life-painting should do the trick for now.

Here's a picture of Snowman. Requested by TheCrimsonWidow.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-30 21:14:27 Reply

This one was requested by... wait, no it wasn't.

The protagonist of my webcomic that is TOTALLY going to happen this time. Fucking pinky promise.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 05:05:33 Reply

PERSPECTIVE HOW I MISSED YOU SO.

C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 10:28:39 Reply

At 11/5/12 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote: C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.

Not too shabby, the face is pretty close.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 23:20:48 Reply

At 11/5/12 10:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/5/12 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote: C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.
Not too shabby, the face is pretty close.

Not too shabby! It's better then that! It's at least mediocre!

And yeah, truth be told the face was a disappointment. Oh well.

A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.

Lintire's Art String

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-07 03:33:08 Reply

When did you become so much more awesome bro? I really like your colors, quite neat and nice on the eyes. I also like how you have good knowledge on perspectives. Your style is very cool too.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Nacco
Nacco
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-07 08:00:13 Reply

At 11/5/12 11:20 PM, Lintire wrote: A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.

Whoa, nice little animation. I like how the whole body moves to keep balance. You haven't uploaded any flash animations yet so I'm curious about the finished result. (Really digging the perspective illustrations you've been doing lately BTW)

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-17 07:32:34 Reply

Don't worry, I'm as ashamed of this piece of shit as I ought to be.
Done as a request, of sorts. The yellow/green background actually worked out okay, I guess. Kinda.

Whatever I'm just gonna shove it here and forget about it.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-17 07:37:48 Reply

Oops, sorry. Usually I only reply with a piece of art, but whatever.

At 11/7/12 08:00 AM, Nacco wrote:
At 11/5/12 11:20 PM, Lintire wrote: A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.
Whoa, nice little animation. I like how the whole body moves to keep balance. You haven't uploaded any flash animations yet so I'm curious about the finished result. (Really digging the perspective illustrations you've been doing lately BTW)

I usually pussy out of any flash animations when I witness how damn long it takes for me to do a seconds worth of animation, let alone a couple of minutes. Should have that animation done... whenever.

I somehow... managed to turn it into fanart. Sometimes I fuckin' wonder.

At 11/7/12 03:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: When did you become so much more awesome bro? I really like your colors, quite neat and nice on the eyes. I also like how you have good knowledge on perspectives. Your style is very cool too.

I hate it and with every picture I despise it all more. Even though I guess I'm kinda getting better from an objective standpoint or whatever.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-19 03:40:43 Reply

Well this took far too fucking long.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 04:32:59 Reply

oh look more bullshit

in case you were interested

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 17:27:29 Reply

another shitball, less then twelve hours from the last

Lintire's Art String

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 18:04:37 Reply

I love all of your compositions.
Every time I look at your thread I make a sad face at myself for not practicing backgrounds and drawing full scenes as much as I should. So thank you for my low self-image and for that constant nagging in the back of my mind to get on it.
Keep up the great work!

luckylime
luckylime
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 18:58:03 Reply

I have never seen such a good artist more hateful of their own work. Your work isn't perfect but I envy your perspective skills and knowledge of light. Give yourself more credit!


My Art Thread --Art Tag: Luckylime Video Tag: TekaiGuy Gamertag: Luckytime!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-26 02:09:41 Reply

At 11/25/12 05:27 PM, Lintire wrote: another shitball, less then twelve hours from the last

Pose as a team, because shit just got real

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-27 10:15:08 Reply

At 11/26/12 02:09 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Pose as a team, because shit just got real

Motherfucking god damn yeah. I hope those ball-pit points are put to good use.
I suppose it's really more "fall more awesomely as a team".

At 11/25/12 06:04 PM, monsterparty wrote: I love all of your compositions.
Every time I look at your thread I make a sad face at myself for not practicing backgrounds and drawing full scenes as much as I should. So thank you for my low self-image and for that constant nagging in the back of my mind to get on it.

Really? Backgrounds are a lot of fucking fun. Sure mine always turn out like shit, but it's sort of well spread shit on toast instead of one big helping. Easier to digest without gagging. I don't view them so much as work as a bonus.

Keep up the great work!

Aha.

At 11/25/12 08:11 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/25/12 06:58 PM, luckylime wrote: I have never seen such a good artist more hateful of their own work. Your work isn't perfect but I envy your perspective skills and knowledge of light. Give yourself more credit!
"An artists worst critic, is himself"

I will have you know, that I'm a god-damned motherfucking awesome critic. And in the words of my almighty wisdom, everything I do is shit.

I actually named the weapons in this next one: Centrifugal Fucker and Vivisection in C Major.

That and learning about Xylophones are the greatest achievements in this crap on canvas. Did you know that Xylophones are actually always made out of wood, and that metallophones are usually what you associate the word xylophone with? That Zimbabwean xylophones are nearly always tuned to C major (hence the name)? And that Escalus is very pretty, and its a shame I couldn't do her justice.

Oh well, moving on.

Lintire's Art String

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-27 22:51:00 Reply

Mmmmmmmm Lint all this art is so sexy.

It's turning me on.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-29 13:07:39 Reply

At 11/27/12 07:00 PM, Escalus wrote: Lintire called me very pretty! Oh I shall remember this day forevar evar! (I make a pretty kickass blood sylph)

I could send you a commemorative plaque. Or at least a picture of one.

At 11/27/12 10:51 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Mmmmmmmm Lint all this art is so sexy.
It's turning me on.

Please keep all erections under 12 decibels, their siren shrieks occasionally disturb the neighbours on a psychological level.

Tried a few new things with this piece. Some worked (colour segregation, movement, displayed size, CatClops), some didn't (negative space, asymmetrical composition, what have you). Kind like how I went beserk with a high chroma, though.

Such is life.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 01:12:55 Reply

At 11/29/12 01:29 PM, Escalus wrote: can I get both?

In this economy? You can't even have either. You can have this. I expect you to keep it under your pillow.

Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 06:54:21 Reply

At 12/2/12 01:12 AM, Lintire wrote: Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.

Something about the pose feels a bit off, like they're leaning too much and would fall over, or they're not quite standing cleanly on the wood.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 21:11:16 Reply

At 12/2/12 06:54 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/2/12 01:12 AM, Lintire wrote: Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.
Something about the pose feels a bit off, like they're leaning too much and would fall over, or they're not quite standing cleanly on the wood.

If you look closely you'll notice that the wood he's standing on isn't actually attached to anything. It was meant to be like an action pose, you know? Guess I fucked it up.

Another Mage of Space, request from over at Tumblr. Doing these quickly, because there are several projects I'm working on that I want done and most importantly out of my fucking life.

Lintire's Art String

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 23:11:46 Reply

These are looking great man, keep it up.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 00:59:53 Reply

Interesting style of drawing you got there. Not really my type though.


R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud || mypsychedelicfantasy - Tumblr
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 01:47:49 Reply

At 12/2/12 11:11 PM, bigCman321 wrote: These are looking great man, keep it up.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting worse.

At 12/3/12 12:59 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Interesting style of drawing you got there. Not really my type though.

Not really anyone's style, bar mine. There are many like it, and most of them better, but this one is mine.

My art was miles more successful back when I was just doing anime and cartoons and stuff. Part of me wonders if I should have just kept with that stuff and never tried to be a shitty painter.

Oh well.

Spent forever grappling with the expression. Expressions are easy when it's just lines, but try to translate them to a painted, mildly correct facial form and suddenly I am the Fresh Prince of Suck.

Lintire's Art String