00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HADESPLUTO6191 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

79,778 Views | 393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-28 05:01:25

At 10/28/12 02:48 AM, JoseFonz wrote:

:Loomis

Heh. You should have seen Lint ranting about Loomis about a year ago. Favorably.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-29 21:10:58

At 10/24/12 04:45 AM, Aigis wrote: This is the best.

I try.

At 10/28/12 11:05 AM, JoseFonz wrote:
At 10/28/12 05:01 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 10/28/12 02:48 AM, JoseFonz wrote: Loomis
Heh. You should have seen Lint ranting about Loomis about a year ago. Favorably
Why would he have disdain over andrew loomis?

Extremely good question, considering I ranted over the guy favourably.

Right now I'm concentrating on improving my rendering and generally trying to make more interesting pictures, neither of which are bases that Andrew Loomis covers in his books. Would appreciate a manual that DID cover those bases, but life-painting should do the trick for now.

Here's a picture of Snowman. Requested by TheCrimsonWidow.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-30 21:14:27

This one was requested by... wait, no it wasn't.

The protagonist of my webcomic that is TOTALLY going to happen this time. Fucking pinky promise.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 05:05:33

PERSPECTIVE HOW I MISSED YOU SO.

C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 10:28:39

At 11/5/12 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote: C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.

Not too shabby, the face is pretty close.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-05 23:20:48

At 11/5/12 10:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/5/12 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote: C'mere here, baby, give daddy some sugar. Oh, yeah, that's the stuff.
Not too shabby, the face is pretty close.

Not too shabby! It's better then that! It's at least mediocre!

And yeah, truth be told the face was a disappointment. Oh well.

A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-07 03:33:08

When did you become so much more awesome bro? I really like your colors, quite neat and nice on the eyes. I also like how you have good knowledge on perspectives. Your style is very cool too.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-07 08:00:13

At 11/5/12 11:20 PM, Lintire wrote: A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.

Whoa, nice little animation. I like how the whole body moves to keep balance. You haven't uploaded any flash animations yet so I'm curious about the finished result. (Really digging the perspective illustrations you've been doing lately BTW)

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-17 07:32:34

Don't worry, I'm as ashamed of this piece of shit as I ought to be.
Done as a request, of sorts. The yellow/green background actually worked out okay, I guess. Kinda.

Whatever I'm just gonna shove it here and forget about it.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-17 07:37:48

Oops, sorry. Usually I only reply with a piece of art, but whatever.

At 11/7/12 08:00 AM, Nacco wrote:
At 11/5/12 11:20 PM, Lintire wrote: A little practice for an upcoming collab, I could probably stop working on it right now. Might try and finish it, though.
Whoa, nice little animation. I like how the whole body moves to keep balance. You haven't uploaded any flash animations yet so I'm curious about the finished result. (Really digging the perspective illustrations you've been doing lately BTW)

I usually pussy out of any flash animations when I witness how damn long it takes for me to do a seconds worth of animation, let alone a couple of minutes. Should have that animation done... whenever.

I somehow... managed to turn it into fanart. Sometimes I fuckin' wonder.

At 11/7/12 03:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: When did you become so much more awesome bro? I really like your colors, quite neat and nice on the eyes. I also like how you have good knowledge on perspectives. Your style is very cool too.

I hate it and with every picture I despise it all more. Even though I guess I'm kinda getting better from an objective standpoint or whatever.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-19 03:40:43

Well this took far too fucking long.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 04:32:59

oh look more bullshit

in case you were interested

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 17:27:29

another shitball, less then twelve hours from the last

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 18:04:37

I love all of your compositions.
Every time I look at your thread I make a sad face at myself for not practicing backgrounds and drawing full scenes as much as I should. So thank you for my low self-image and for that constant nagging in the back of my mind to get on it.
Keep up the great work!

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-25 18:58:03

I have never seen such a good artist more hateful of their own work. Your work isn't perfect but I envy your perspective skills and knowledge of light. Give yourself more credit!

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-26 02:09:41

At 11/25/12 05:27 PM, Lintire wrote: another shitball, less then twelve hours from the last

Pose as a team, because shit just got real

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-27 10:15:08

At 11/26/12 02:09 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Pose as a team, because shit just got real

Motherfucking god damn yeah. I hope those ball-pit points are put to good use.
I suppose it's really more "fall more awesomely as a team".

At 11/25/12 06:04 PM, monsterparty wrote: I love all of your compositions.
Every time I look at your thread I make a sad face at myself for not practicing backgrounds and drawing full scenes as much as I should. So thank you for my low self-image and for that constant nagging in the back of my mind to get on it.

Really? Backgrounds are a lot of fucking fun. Sure mine always turn out like shit, but it's sort of well spread shit on toast instead of one big helping. Easier to digest without gagging. I don't view them so much as work as a bonus.

Keep up the great work!

Aha.

At 11/25/12 08:11 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/25/12 06:58 PM, luckylime wrote: I have never seen such a good artist more hateful of their own work. Your work isn't perfect but I envy your perspective skills and knowledge of light. Give yourself more credit!
"An artists worst critic, is himself"

I will have you know, that I'm a god-damned motherfucking awesome critic. And in the words of my almighty wisdom, everything I do is shit.

I actually named the weapons in this next one: Centrifugal Fucker and Vivisection in C Major.

That and learning about Xylophones are the greatest achievements in this crap on canvas. Did you know that Xylophones are actually always made out of wood, and that metallophones are usually what you associate the word xylophone with? That Zimbabwean xylophones are nearly always tuned to C major (hence the name)? And that Escalus is very pretty, and its a shame I couldn't do her justice.

Oh well, moving on.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-27 22:51:00

Mmmmmmmm Lint all this art is so sexy.

It's turning me on.

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-11-29 13:07:39

At 11/27/12 07:00 PM, Escalus wrote: Lintire called me very pretty! Oh I shall remember this day forevar evar! (I make a pretty kickass blood sylph)

I could send you a commemorative plaque. Or at least a picture of one.

At 11/27/12 10:51 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Mmmmmmmm Lint all this art is so sexy.
It's turning me on.

Please keep all erections under 12 decibels, their siren shrieks occasionally disturb the neighbours on a psychological level.

Tried a few new things with this piece. Some worked (colour segregation, movement, displayed size, CatClops), some didn't (negative space, asymmetrical composition, what have you). Kind like how I went beserk with a high chroma, though.

Such is life.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 01:12:55

At 11/29/12 01:29 PM, Escalus wrote: can I get both?

In this economy? You can't even have either. You can have this. I expect you to keep it under your pillow.

Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 06:54:21

At 12/2/12 01:12 AM, Lintire wrote: Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.

Something about the pose feels a bit off, like they're leaning too much and would fall over, or they're not quite standing cleanly on the wood.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-02 21:11:16

At 12/2/12 06:54 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/2/12 01:12 AM, Lintire wrote: Tried to concentrate on quickness with this one, so it turned out extra awful. Sorry, felis.
Something about the pose feels a bit off, like they're leaning too much and would fall over, or they're not quite standing cleanly on the wood.

If you look closely you'll notice that the wood he's standing on isn't actually attached to anything. It was meant to be like an action pose, you know? Guess I fucked it up.

Another Mage of Space, request from over at Tumblr. Doing these quickly, because there are several projects I'm working on that I want done and most importantly out of my fucking life.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 00:59:53

Interesting style of drawing you got there. Not really my type though.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 01:47:49

At 12/2/12 11:11 PM, bigCman321 wrote: These are looking great man, keep it up.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting worse.

At 12/3/12 12:59 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Interesting style of drawing you got there. Not really my type though.

Not really anyone's style, bar mine. There are many like it, and most of them better, but this one is mine.

My art was miles more successful back when I was just doing anime and cartoons and stuff. Part of me wonders if I should have just kept with that stuff and never tried to be a shitty painter.

Oh well.

Spent forever grappling with the expression. Expressions are easy when it's just lines, but try to translate them to a painted, mildly correct facial form and suddenly I am the Fresh Prince of Suck.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 16:06:18

Another cyberpunk character. These are actually for something, by the way. Was getting a bit sick of homestuck stuff anyway. Updated version of the previous character now with more eyes!

I originally intended for the character to not have eyes, but whatever.

Small note: I actually made a brush and I've been using the absolute fuck of it. I call it the "square". It's brilliant, like the chalk brush but less chalky.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 18:28:18

At 12/2/12 09:11 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 12/2/12 06:54 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
If you look closely you'll notice that the wood he's standing on isn't actually attached to anything. It was meant to be like an action pose, you know? Guess I fucked it up.

Another Mage of Space, request from over at Tumblr. Doing these quickly, because there are several projects I'm working on that I want done and most importantly out of my fucking life.

Hey this one isnt all that bad! i really like the values on the guy, well done.
The light coming off the frog thingy wouldn't hit the fore ground though.
Also the foreground would be too light in value even if the light would hit.
theres something wrong with the composition though.

first off, theres a line in the middle of your picture, you want to avoid that.
ideally you want a 75% dark and 25% light picture, or the other way around.
but this one is like 50-50.

So what i did was added some blacks in your picture.
First i painted your whole foreground black but then i figured the green would probably reflect back onto the foreground cus the green is shot upwards.
its done sloppy cus i need to go to bed now, but you get the idea!

Lintire's Art String

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-03 21:40:12

I don't dissecting large texts piece by piece. I feel that it... I dunno, de-legitimizes it somehow. Makes the advice seem less helpful then it actually was. So I'll reply as-is.

You're damn right about my total values being weaker then they really ought to be; somehow I think this stems from my actual creation process, what with the amount of black lines I use throwing my original value estimates off and screwing up my darker colours in particular.

The troubles with this particular piece's values, though, originate from the fact that I hadn't decided on the actual specifics of the light source until after I had already done the rocks... and as your paint-over pointed out, that was a mistake.

So anyway, thanks for the tips, and I actually tried to apply some of them here. Went for a much looser sketch, so that I'd be able to get my colours right without a bunch of pesky lines interfering. Also tried to block upwards in value instead of a middle of the range start. I think it worked out alright, even if this is technically a relapse into fanart.

Went for a nightlight effect, and didn't do anything with that motherfucking background.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-06 18:10:37

Brodalf the Bro, wizardly acquaintance and abstaining of pants.

You know what the best part is about having complete creative control? You get to submit the sort of crap I've been drawing, no fuss.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-07 02:26:18

Redo of the emoticon collab thing, the former of which can be found here.
Yeah I've just been fucking around for the last 6 months, haven't I? fuuuuuuck

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-12-07 04:01:37

Sup bro, checked youre art string, some really cool characters you got here! Also enjoyed the composition on you drawings, especially the ones whith forced perspectives gives em a really trippy look.