Be a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

  • 43,542 Views
  • 347 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 02:14 AM Reply

Have picture, need to update.

I gave that bitch some colours.
Bitches love colours.

Lintire's Art String

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 02:45 AM Reply

Whenever I thought about your art Lint i thought of this pic cos you used it as your profile image for a while and I haven't really looked at much of your stuff. You seem to improved quite a lot since then, your colouring especially is much better and your drawings in general are much better.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:46 AM Reply

At 11/8/10 02:45 AM, CloudEater wrote: Whenever I thought about your art Lint i thought of this pic cos you used it as your profile image for a while and I haven't really looked at much of your stuff. You seem to improved quite a lot since then, your colouring especially is much better and your drawings in general are much better.

Well thanks, man! Looking back, I've definitely gotten better at... well, everything in art, and while i sure as hell could be even better by know (if I did a picture every week or so instead of every month) I'm happy with the way that I'm going.

Anyway, T-SHIRT DESIGN! I made this design and I am going to print it and wear it (hooray for cafepress). Found out about the process, and I'd say for everyone to give it a try - do you know how awesome it'll be to stroll around town wearing an aweso t-shirt of your own design?

It's subtly based off The Legend of Zelda, as you can see. I'm thinking of adding a caption, but I don;t really know what.

Been meaning to make a t-shirt design for a while.

Yeah.

I really love random geometrical swirly thingies

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 08:15 AM Reply

Yo dawg we heard you like loli so we drew a practice picture so we wouldn't fuck it up when it came to the end result.

Lintire's Art String

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 08:23 AM Reply

At 11/13/10 08:15 AM, Lintire wrote: Yo dawg we heard you like loli so we drew a practice picture so we wouldn't fuck it up when it came to the end result.

Loli eh? Your actually going to make this into a fully finished pic? It'll get a lot of views if you ask me.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 11/13/10 08:23 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Loli eh? Your actually going to make this into a fully finished pic? It'll get a lot of views if you ask me.

Well, yeah, a bucketload of loli. And it's just a practice picture - it's going to be a lot, lot worse then that (for an age old request that I really need to finish). But finishing it off might not be such a bad idea - I actually like the result that this one came out with.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 08:30 AM Reply

I can't think of a decent background. There is no way that this is going onto the Portal without a background of some sort. I'll just leave it here for now.

Lintire's Art String

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 08:30 AM, Lintire wrote: I can't think of a decent background. There is no way that this is going onto the Portal without a background of some sort. I'll just leave it here for now.

Anything that's spells out "kawaii desu" will be perfect lol. Perhaps something pink?

What the hell happened to her nose???

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 08:40 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Perhaps something pink?

I'd say this.
Add something like a pink background with some smooth glowing shape of some sort.

kinda cliché but it gets the job done if you're out of ideas

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 08:30 AM, Lintire wrote: I can't think of a decent background. There is no way that this is going onto the Portal without a background of some sort. I'll just leave it here for now.

please dont go down the same road as shadman :(

background.....something bright, pink, generic pattern background

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 08:53 AM, Ashman wrote: please dont go down the same road as shadman :(

Oh crap! i didn't see that? Yeah Lintire, please don't go to the path of dickgirls, it sucks if that happens.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 09:26 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 11/14/10 08:53 AM, Ashman wrote: please dont go down the same road as shadman :(
Oh crap! i didn't see that? Yeah Lintire, please don't go to the path of dickgirls, it sucks if that happens.

It doesn't have to be dickgirls to be Shadman-bad. Linty, please don't approach the realm of rape.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 07:54 PM Reply

Shadman's stuff is kind of tame. It's just that it's not done tastefully, so it seems worse. However, don't worry too much, I don't actually intend to draw sexually deviated scenes and whatnot - at the most, a bit of ecchi every now and again (as I intend for it to be here).

Took your advice, fixed up her nose (and chin, kind of liked the original) and added some glowy pink pattern to the background (free image from wherever). Submitted to Art Portal for teh lulz, even if I do have a peeve against submitting unfinished works to the portal (at first I was like eh? and then I was like eh. and then I was like, whatever...). Linky linky.

Oh, and link to Floral texture. It's pretty horrible.

Also, the most comments I've gotten since forever. You guys really don't like Shadman, do you?

Lintire's Art String

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 11/14/10 07:54 PM, Lintire wrote:

Also, the most comments I've gotten since forever. You guys really don't like Shadman, do you?

A lot of people like him, but personally, I find his work disgusting.
About the piece, though, it's a bit of an odd direction for you to take your work, but it's not too bad. The face is funny, but the body and clothes look good- especially her shirt. Those folds are fantastic.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 11/14/10 07:59 PM, Luxembourg wrote: A lot of people like him, but personally, I find his work disgusting.
About the piece, though, it's a bit of an odd direction for you to take your work, but it's not too bad. The face is funny, but the body and clothes look good- especially her shirt. Those folds are fantastic.

Last time I checked, my work had absolutely no direction - I just draw whatever takes my fancy (or in this case, whatever it is that peoples have requested).

The face and head are too large, and I did muck up a bit there. Probably should have spotted that before, thanks for pointing it out. I'll have to pay more attention to that in future, because faces have never been my strong suit (least they're getting better).

Now to continue onto the actual picture.

Abbyka
Abbyka
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 09:19 PM Reply

I really like your style. Do you use watercolor or do you digitally add the colors using photoshop?

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 09:22 PM Reply

generic and pink all the way, you cant go wrong

and no, i like shadman, hes an awesome artist, i just find some of the things he draws.....questionable, his other stuff i could look at all day long, the arts awesome, ideas/concepts, not so much :P

but this is about you, not him

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 10:13 PM Reply

I love Shadman's style, myself. It's completely blunt, rough, and looks completely badass, though. A lot of screwed-up stuff in there, though, and if you look through his art history you can see his mind slowly degrade.

At 11/14/10 09:19 PM, Abbyka wrote: I really like your style. Do you use watercolor or do you digitally add the colors using photoshop?

All digital, man. Although I'm now sketching out pictures beforehand, easier to do so.

Abbyka
Abbyka
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 11/14/10 10:13 PM, Lintire wrote: I love Shadman's style, myself. It's completely blunt, rough, and looks completely badass, though. A lot of screwed-up stuff in there, though, and if you look through his art history you can see his mind slowly degrade.

At 11/14/10 09:19 PM, Abbyka wrote: I really like your style. Do you use watercolor or do you digitally add the colors using photoshop?
All digital, man. Although I'm now sketching out pictures beforehand, easier to do so.

I wish I had the talent to do the colors digitally. Whenever I try there's always massive white blobs all along the lines. Probably because I scan my drawings. I'm too poor for a tablet!

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Nov. 14th, 2010 @ 11:48 PM Reply

I think shadman is awesome too, but sometimes I question his sanity. I mean really, some of his stuff gave me nightmares.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 11/14/10 10:16 PM, Abbyka wrote: I wish I had the talent to do the colors digitally. Whenever I try there's always massive white blobs all along the lines. Probably because I scan my drawings. I'm too poor for a tablet!

Common problem. There are ways around it. Usually just using the available tools with your chosen program and whatnot. Used to have the problem myself.

At 11/14/10 11:48 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I think shadman is awesome too, but sometimes I question his sanity. I mean really, some of his stuff gave me nightmares.

Then you really, really do not want to see some of the more horrible things on the internet.

Anyway, putting this here because I haven't done anything in a while and I actually like this one. Sort of. Yes.

Lintire's Art String

Toast-Tony
Toast-Tony
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:03 AM Reply

That pretty awesome, lintire, i love the "Fuck shit up" HUD, the thing that bothers me is the middle blue line / laser coming randomly from the weapon, where as the others are from a barrel...hole...place.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:09 AM Reply

At 12/3/10 03:01 AM, Lintire wrote: Then you really, really do not want to see some of the more horrible things on the internet.

Anyway, putting this here because I haven't done anything in a while and I actually like this one. Sort of. Yes.

Nah, I've seen most of 'em. From the meatspin to the goatse. All horrible things. Nice pic btw.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 12/3/10 03:03 AM, Toast-Tony wrote: That pretty awesome, lintire, i love the "Fuck shit up" HUD, the thing that bothers me is the middle blue line / laser coming randomly from the weapon, where as the others are from a barrel...hole...place.

Yeah, I was a little bothered by it too. Surveying the weapon ingame, it doesn't seem to originate from... anywhere. I was just trying to stay true to the formula. Though, yeah, looking back would have been better without it.

At 12/3/10 03:09 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Nah, I've seen most of 'em. From the meatspin to the goatse. All horrible things. Nice pic btw.

Man, I'm talking about your hardcore masochist, gore, vore, scat, and all of IRL examples. Lots of lover-ly eye-raping stuff. Though I have to admit, nothing beats catching a newbie off-guard like a good goatse.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 02:13 AM Reply

Update. Of, like, a collab entry, Finished something for once. Yay!

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 05:03 AM Reply

I don't care that it was also on, like another thingy thingy. It goes here too. Kay?

Lintire's Art String

Toast-Tony
Toast-Tony
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 05:19 AM Reply

At 12/7/10 05:03 AM, Lintire wrote: I don't care that it was also on, like another thingy thingy. It goes here too. Kay?

Idonmindifyoudonmind

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 01:35 AM Reply

The only real reason I'm putting this here is because I went and tried something different - that is, blending my shading rather then simply using a different brush. I think it turned out well, and would have been better had I gone ahead and placed more emphasis on the lineart, but eh, I like it as-is.

Third drawing in as many days.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:01 AM Reply

A while ago I got roped into doing the concept art for a friend's game. He does a lot of games.

Anyway, Since I'm going around rounding up on things that I should have drawn a while ago, Figured I may as well post a few here. Just concept sketches for now.

They're too cartoony for my taste.

Here's the first lot. I was just left to my own resources, so decided to start with a few inhabitants. Just some non-combatants.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:03 AM Reply

More characters. Heading into more neutral territory here, decided to go with more able-bodied citizens. A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

Lintire's Art String