New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:04 AM Reply

Final lot of characters for now, I guess. Final batch, the outrightly aggressive bunch, and I just went with aggressively situated stuff. I don't know, I'm just... making concepts.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:07 AM Reply

In case you're wondering, these final three drawings (this one and the two above) were done today, with the first one being done yesterday. I don't know, but I kinda like these ones better. A bit more effort and thought, see?

Also, if you're wondering why they're robots, it's really just because I was told that it was robots in a steampunk world.

A few concepts for possible environments. I've yet to see these particular designs anywhere. Perhaps they're slightly original.

I also intend to fully expand these, if they're given the green light. It's about time I learned to digitally paint.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:34 AM Reply

Well, thought I may as well go through and paste my concept for the protagonist. Went through several stages, talking with the friend and whatnot, trying to get the right look. Decided to paste two of the versions here. "Final look" (for now) is to the right.

Lintire's Art String

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 03:08 AM Reply

At 12/13/10 02:03 AM, Lintire wrote: More characters. Heading into more neutral territory here, decided to go with more able-bodied citizens. A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

is that middle one playing on an I-Pad or something?
:P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 04:04 AM Reply

At 12/13/10 02:03 AM, Lintire wrote: More characters. Heading into more neutral territory here, decided to go with more able-bodied citizens...

these are my favorite.
I like the darkened outline too.

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 06:40 AM Reply

At 12/13/10 03:08 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: is that middle one playing on an I-Pad or something?
P

Can't unsee. Actually it's holding a life-threatening dagger. I mean, there's not much difference, but still...

At 12/13/10 04:04 AM, Spac3case916 wrote:
At 12/13/10 02:03 AM, Lintire wrote: More characters. Heading into more neutral territory here, decided to go with more able-bodied citizens...
these are my favorite.
I like the darkened outline too.

Haha, thanks, man! The outline thingy is actually something I ripped off Graphics - "firming in". Helps for singular characters, anyway.

Anyway, had my first try of Posemaniac's 30 second challenge using full body instead of jsut wireframe. What the shit? That's... well, it's really hard.

I'm going to master that bastard. My goal is now to know the human anatomy like the back of my hand.

And to learn to digitally paint.

I'll chuck my attempt here. Now, I've got an alien to think of. Something to put in this thread that isn't sketchy, for once.

Lintire's Art String

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 07:07 AM Reply

AWESOME SHIT BRO
lol great drawings man robots r fucking cool

Celestica

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Dec. 20th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 12/14/10 07:07 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: AWESOME SHIT BRO
lol great drawings man robots r fucking cool

Thanks man! I too love the robots. Then I don't have to worry about drawing faces. I fucking hate faces.

Now, I know I'm only drawing sketched, and have only drawn sketches, for a while ago, but I intend to do something right after this that's... finished.

This, right here, is concept art (yes, more of it) for another game. I don't know, they ask, I deliver.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Feb. 13th, 2011 @ 02:58 AM Reply

Hey! Hey, listen! WIP!
After some time spent musing over my predicament, I came to the conclusion that the solution was not to start small, but to go for the biggest project I've ever thought of doing and go from there. So here it is, a little tribute to my favourite franchise and a tad bit of an improvement (already) over my previous fanart.

Also got some other stuff in the works. Lotsa of other stuff. But this is taking a while as-is.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 08:21 AM Reply

What started as a cartoony representation of me in my underwear, to blow off steam, sort of evolved into this.

I regret nothing!

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 3/1/11 08:21 AM, Lintire wrote: What started as a cartoony representation of me in my underwear, to blow off steam, sort of evolved into this.

Did someone spike the punch?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 3/1/11 08:36 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Did someone spike the punch?

You know what? I don't know. It was sort of an accident with the shading. Although spiking is not out of the question.

Teeth were yellow to begin with, too.
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 11:41 PM Reply

I can has be painter now?

Apart from this failed attempt on the first page, this is really the first real "painting" style drawing I've done without lines. Figure I've found a way to draw it without it looking clipped (you might remember that profile picture I did a while ago).

Also, blending no longer means smudging. :D

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 7th, 2011 @ 12:00 AM Reply

At 3/6/11 11:41 PM, Lintire wrote: I can has be painter now?

I was wondering when the next time I could use this pic would be.

Lintire's Art String

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 7th, 2011 @ 02:57 PM Reply

I like your arts! And that zelda T-SHIRT design is badass!! Seriously.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 8th, 2011 @ 07:27 AM Reply

At 3/7/11 12:00 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I was wondering when the next time I could use this pic would be.

I was like that for sooo fucking long it isn't even funny. Yes it is. And that picture is funny on its own.

At 3/7/11 02:57 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I like your arts! And that zelda T-SHIRT design is badass!! Seriously.

Thanks, man! I totally wanted to get that design, but turns out that it was a rastor design, and I don't know how to vector stuff.

Anyway, here's a quick speedpaint to reaffirm my own newfound desire to paint. I made a signature out of it. If you can't see it, or my previous one appears all squished up, it's because its cached, which is pretty cool in itself.

I think Dead Space is a pretty cool guy. eh, dismembers stuff and doesn't afraid of anything.

Lol I drew myself into there.

Lintire's Art String

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 8th, 2011 @ 01:27 PM Reply

dead space rules
and so does your art

Celestica

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 3/8/11 01:27 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: dead space rules
and so does your art

I'm touched. I honestly do not think it's anywhere near that good to warrant such attention.

Onto arty things, here's an Alice in Wonderland little picture, totally inspired by both an alternative alt thread on /b/ to get me thinking and a bit of Luxembourg's works. It was going to be all dark and dreary, but it turns out I just like colour.

Art Pronz. Didn't like paint this because I was afraid of the result. Yeah.

Pulled an over-nighter. This was the result instead of urgent schoolwork. Lol.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 3/10/11 02:32 PM, Lintire wrote: Onto arty things, here's an Alice in Wonderland little picture, totally inspired by both an alternative alt thread on /b/ to get me thinking and a bit of Luxembourg's works. It was going to be all dark and dreary, but it turns out I just like colour.

It's like a tamer American McGee's.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Apr. 19th, 2011 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Yeah, this is pretty terrible, but I decided to post it here anyways. Was going to have a Big Daddy and background and shit like that, but then a combination of tablet and internet problems simply led me to crack open of a can of... something and give up on it.

Lintire's Art String

Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String Apr. 19th, 2011 @ 08:01 PM Reply

You better finish the little sister picture, brah.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 4/19/11 08:01 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: You better finish the little sister picture, brah.

lolno. Mostly because I lost the file.

Anyway, drew this to enter into the RAB competition. Because I've loved RAB over the years. Pretty awesome stuff.

NG Pronz and Deviance

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 5/2/11 12:01 AM, Lintire wrote: Anyway, drew this to enter into the RAB competition. Because I've loved RAB over the years. Pretty awesome stuff.

Colours seem a bit off on Hamster, and something seems off about Puppy's cock, but other than that, it's pretty good.

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 5/2/11 12:01 AM, Lintire wrote: Anyway, drew this to enter into the RAB competition. Because I've loved RAB over the years. Pretty awesome stuff.

NG Pronz and Deviance

I like it a lot! I'm glad you didn't left the rabbit out, but he's hard to see!
What is writen on the stone? Dead cock?

3 is for tricycles!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 5/2/11 01:20 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Colours seem a bit off on Hamster, and something seems off about Puppy's cock, but other than that, it's pretty good.

I see what you mean on both accounts - colours are all well and good but they can make something look.. well, I get you. And I see what you mean about the cock. Ah, well.
Anyway, I'll keep that in mind about the colours. I was just having fun with it at the time.

At 5/2/11 04:00 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I like it a lot! I'm glad you didn't left the rabbit out, but he's hard to see!
What is writen on the stone? Dead cock?

I figured that the best way to save time would be to hide him out of the way somewhere. Pissing off a cloud. Know he's a bit hard to see, and he was a bit of a late addition (if that wasn't obvious).
Anyway, glad you liked it!

3 is for tricycles!
4 is FOUR

Anyway, I decided to go try to draw a nude of a woman because, well, I suck at it. After doing so, I've also decided that I suck at using references. So I put in some random doodles to make it pop.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 6th, 2011 @ 07:32 AM Reply

Decided to put this here too, since it was basically an experiment in brushes. High-quality here (I'll be damned if I'm putting something without a background or major work into the Portal).

I've also been researching different styles, and I want to change mine around rather then simply go on the same road it is - which is frankly, pretyt crap as far as styles go. Going to do a lot more sketches rather then simply one finished piece after another - get more interesting results that way.

Peace out.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 12th, 2011 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Been a learning and a sketching for the past couple of days, and I suppose its about time to turn it all around and start applying and practicing what I've picked up in days of casual learning to my digital art.

I am now no longer terrified of Soft brushes. This little picture here, taken from this thread, was done in about 40 minutes. A Gentleman's Rodent, if I do so say.

Of course I need much more practice with painting, but its a start. Whoop-whoop.

Lintire's Art String

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 12th, 2011 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 5/12/11 11:55 AM, Lintire wrote: Of course I need much more practice with painting, but its a start. Whoop-whoop.

Gentlemen squirrel! all he's missing is is top hat, love the mullet!

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 14th, 2011 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 5/12/11 12:07 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Gentlemen squirrel! all he's missing is is top hat, love the mullet!

You're indeed right. Although, being a more mid-brow sort of fellow, he'd probably prefer a bowler hat. Tastes matter.

Here we have something I've wanted to draw for a while. You may or may not remember Krinkel doing a frame by frame animation test called Project IV. I liked it. So heres a little fanart thingy of the main character. Idk.

Dev
and a Pronz

Lintire's Art String

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Lintire's Art String May. 14th, 2011 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 01:00 PM, Lintire wrote: Here we have something I've wanted to draw for a while. You may or may not remember Krinkel doing a frame by frame animation test called Project IV. I liked it. So heres a little fanart thingy of the main character. Idk.

Cool art dude. I like the use of light above the characters head and the reflection of the green on it's hair.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature