New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-17 08:18:19 Reply

Gah, having a little trouble with transparency, but here's a little gif thing I did for no real reason.
Here's the version, if this one doesn't happen to animate, until I can figure out how to get rid of the white bits.

You guys wouldn't happen to know, would you?

Lintire's Art String

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-17 12:39:47 Reply

You can't get rid of the white bits, that's simply how gifs work.
Either match up the background color to what you're posting it on, or make sure the background of where you are posting is white or close to it.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-17 18:26:25 Reply

Thanks for that, man! Edited to be all nice and non-whitey. Course, it was just meant for a fad for another forum (PageClaim for the Templars!) - but still, just wanted to post it here. Looks much better now.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-19 06:31:55 Reply

Heres a group picture sketch that I'm throwing in here, all internet personas and all.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-13 09:06:49 Reply

I'm sticking this piece of crap everywhere, well not really, but it is in a news post, which is kinda long. Careful not to step on it, the crappiness is kind of fragile.

I kid, it's actually not too bad, I just used way too thick a brush.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 08:33:10 Reply

I decided to post this here for no real particular reason - did it for a guy over stickam as his userpic, the soon to be LavaMuffin (hence the picture look).

Really, the main reason I'm posting this here is because it fucking has MUFFINS AND LAVA, TOGETHER.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 10:18:21 Reply

At 9/21/10 08:33 AM, Lintire wrote: Really, the main reason I'm posting this here is because it fucking has MUFFINS AND LAVA, TOGETHER.

I see the lava, the muffin not so much.

Seriously, I just thought it was like a spout spewing lava. Doesn't really look like a muffin.
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 18:39:49 Reply

At 9/21/10 10:18 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I see the lava, the muffin not so much.
Seriously, I just thought it was like a spout spewing lava. Doesn't really look like a muffin.

You... you don't? I thought it was kind of clever... the lava spurting out of the muffin and...?

Here, I'll outline it for you. Change any perspectives? Oh, and here's the guy I did it for. He changed it a bit.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 19:05:49 Reply

At 9/21/10 06:39 PM, Lintire wrote: You... you don't? I thought it was kind of clever... the lava spurting out of the muffin and...?
Here, I'll outline it for you. Change any perspectives? Oh, and here's the guy I did it for. He changed it a bit.

It is clever, and I saw the shape of the muffin, yeah.
But it just doesn't look like a muffin. If you didn't say it was a muffin, most people probably wouldn't see the muffin.

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 19:11:53 Reply

That Red Baron is awesome!

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-21 19:35:40 Reply

At 9/21/10 07:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It is clever, and I saw the shape of the muffin, yeah.
But it just doesn't look like a muffin. If you didn't say it was a muffin, most people probably wouldn't see the muffin.

yeah, you're right about that - I should have defined the shape of the muffina bit more, and I'll ahve to work on that from now on to prevent any confusion from happening - probably the top bit that needed defining, should have made it more "puffy"

But it was fun drawing it in stickam, and it's not bad for 45 -60 minutes work.

At 9/21/10 07:11 PM, Peglay wrote: That Red Baron is awesome!

Thanks man =D Certainly one of my better chibis :3

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-22 03:42:50 Reply

I'll just be putting this here. A few solid hours of work - would have been more, but spent too much time dicking around. You know how it is.

I do feel that I could have done it much, much better, but there's always the LARRY poster thing to try that out.

Which is ago, about now.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-22 09:05:33 Reply

At 9/22/10 08:51 AM, MuyBurrito wrote: This is great!

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep drawing crap, and it's great to know that that little link in my sig actually gets some love :3

Although to be honest, I put it there so i wouldn't have to search for my art thread every time I needed to post something in it.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-24 04:21:24 Reply

Some practice shading. I have no idea what it is I'm doing. But it didn't turn out that bad - shading wise, anyway, so while I may not be doing anything right, I'm not doing it wrong...

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-25 01:03:48 Reply

Well, some more shading practice, except this time with a picture that has a lot more effort put into it. I still have no real idea what the hell it is that I'm doing, so does anyone have any links to any quick tutorials on how to actually digitally paint? It'd be much appreciated.

I also have a new signature. I love my neon :3

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-26 23:32:53 Reply

I'm just putting this in here because I think that the painting represents a significant improvement over my previous attempts at shading. Even though it's for the Friday Flood.

<.<

Lintire's Art String

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-27 13:30:37 Reply

At 9/27/10 12:11 PM, threadwood wrote: shading practice...how about you set up a still-life with various lighting situations and draw that. with a pencil, and paper.

Fuck that! I hate still life =]

I love your thread man your work is great. I wish I could draw that well ;)

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-09-27 22:46:48 Reply

At 9/27/10 12:11 PM, threadwood wrote: shading practice...how about you set up a still-life with various lighting situations and draw that. with a pencil, and paper.

I'm actually jsut trying to get the technique of digital shading/painting downpat - the brushstrokes themselves. Although that sounds like a good idea, the replicate the effects of lighting on clothing and whatnot - I'll actually give it a shot, so thanks for the tip. I had all but forgotten about practicing lighting itself :3

At 9/27/10 01:30 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: I love your thread man your work is great. I wish I could draw that well ;)

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep improving, and here's to you improving too (and you must, if you think my crap is good).

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-14 07:37:53 Reply

Well, I like the lineart on this one a lot compared to my previous idea, which is here, and the dynamic posing is something that I've rarely had practice at. While the anatomy has suffered during the transition, I think this is it - with a background and a healthy dose of digitalism, this shall be my Halloween submission.

Anyway, I love Jack'O'Laterns, don't ask me why, a childhood obsession. Never really had the skill to draw one before now, though, and all that hardcore (like literally, every lesson) drawing in my books seems to be paying off, at least in terms of understanding shading.

Any tips?

Lintire's Art String

3abden
3abden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-14 21:06:21 Reply

wow your line art looks great ! can't wait for your update.

My art thread!
Clicky for my DA!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-16 05:05:31 Reply

At 10/14/10 09:06 PM, 3abden wrote: wow your line art looks great ! can't wait for your update.

Thank you, my good man. And here's the update.

Now, I am pretty much finished with this, but I am open to any suggestions or tips at all. It's a long shot off perfect, but I'm pretty tired of it, so yeah, might as well finish with this. Will wait a bit to see if I can fix anything up with it, though.

Lintire's Art String

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-16 06:43:00 Reply

At 10/16/10 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote: Thank you, my good man. And here's the update.

Now, I am pretty much finished with this, but I am open to any suggestions or tips at all. It's a long shot off perfect, but I'm pretty tired of it, so yeah, might as well finish with this. Will wait a bit to see if I can fix anything up with it, though.

OMG! This is hell awesome Lintire! Love the dark and eerie colors there. I love jacko-lanterns! Because they are very badass indeed. So this is for the contest? I hope it wins bro.

I'm too lazy to join that contest lol.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-16 07:05:28 Reply

At 10/16/10 06:43 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: OMG! This is hell awesome Lintire! Love the dark and eerie colors there. I love jacko-lanterns! Because they are very badass indeed. So this is for the contest? I hope it wins bro.
I'm too lazy to join that contest lol.

I do intend to submit it into the Contest, did figure that if I put some effort into it then it wouldn't get all mediocre like. Either way, I have been angling my style towards the dark and the creepy, so it's nice to see that that's actually having some effect.

And thanks for the goodwill, man I'm going to try and look at some jackolaterns, see if I can get the glow right and then probably submit it.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-16 10:32:47 Reply

At 10/16/10 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 10/14/10 09:06 PM, 3abden wrote: wow your line art looks great ! can't wait for your update.

That's pretty badass lintire, I would of thought the moon would give a shine or glow but the red mist could block the moon. Overall it's pretty awesome ;D

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-16 11:49:40 Reply

And here's the update.

Oh my god This is so beautiful to me, It captures the very childhood essence that is Halloween.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-20 04:23:34 Reply

Thanks for the comments, guys! I didn't want to post until I had something to really show for it, and I've been pretty caught up in schoolwork to really do anything, but a stroke of luck and I ended up spending half an hour doodling on a piece of paper during English.

I've been drawing from real life and observation, trying to get my knowledge of lighting and anatomy up. Won't really post them here, they're pretty boring, but... my hands have gotten much better and my knowledge of how light falls has improved.

But with real life interfering all the time, I can't bring myself to draw anything... serious.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-21 02:56:53 Reply

Yeah, no-one likes shitty notebook sketches done in class, but I'm fucking bored so that's the best that you're getting, so nut up and get used to it in the time it takes for me to actually properly draw something (like, in Photoshop).

Anyway, this was done in English as a result of boredom, and the only really bit I like about it are the hands - they're better then hands I've done in the past, and in my opinion are proof that my life-drawings are having a viable effect on my overall anatomy.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-21 08:17:52 Reply

At 10/21/10 02:56 AM, Lintire wrote: Anyway, this was done in English as a result of boredom...

Lol, rocket-feet.

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-21 10:56:34 Reply

Damn, you did real good with this one. Quite dramactic indeed :) I like the collouring..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-10-22 20:26:30 Reply

At 10/21/10 08:17 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Lol, rocket-feet.

Astro-girl?

At 10/21/10 10:56 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Damn, you did real good with this one. Quite dramactic indeed :) I like the collouring..

I'm trying to angle my style to be more digital painting and much less lineart. Haven't quite figured out how to get rid of lines, but whatever, it's going in the direction I want, either way.

This ones for a profile pic. Much better then my last one (and the hair is updated :3) but yeah, those lines.

Lintire's Art String