00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Silverless just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alaska Meet-Up 2010

5,568 Views | 37 Replies

Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 08:30:00

Due to the recent success of the NY meet-up, I think we should have another one this year. I say our next meet-up should be in Alaska! You ask what can we do in Alaska? Well for starters....

,Dog Sledding! Dog Sledding is one of the most enjoyable things to do in Alaska! There is an abundance of dog sledding operators that can help you enjoy this experience. Your options for the length of your trip range from one quarter mile to twelve-day overnight trips. I also heard the dogs are very well trained so you won't have to worry about them taking you off course and into the unknown regions of Alaska. So after we're finish dogsledding, we grab a bite to eat and then....

We explore Native American cultural attractions! Exploration of Native American culture is one of the most interesting things to do in Alaska. The totem poles at Ketchikan and Sitka are some of the most popular tourist attractions in Alaska. You can also visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center in Anchorage. The IƱupiat Heritage Center in Barrow is a living museum where you can meet with and enjoy live show performances by the Native Americans who built it. It's like Univeral Studios but with more Native Americans!

After we watch the Native Americans put on a show of a lifteime, our next stop is to go cruising! That's right, cruising! Cruising is the most leisurely way to explore the variety of attractions in Alaska. we can choose between big ships, small ships, luxury liners or rustic cruising experiences. And I found out that while we're on the cruise ship, they'll allow us to go fishing while the boat is moving!! If you are looking for that trophy catch, you just might find it in Alaska ;)

After we finish our cruise across the beatiful Alaskan waters, we can go RIVERRAFTING! The daredevil rivers of Alaska's mountain country lure raft riders and kayakers from around the world. And other rivers sweep past caribou and bears grazing on open arctic tundra. Thousands of visitors to Denali National Park get their white-water thrills while riverrafting in Alaska!

So what do you guys say? I think this is a meet-up of a lifetime! Believe it or not most of the activities listed above are very inexpensive. Your plane ticket might be the most expensive part of this trip. Anyway I plan on making this meet in December. And don't worry about being cold, I'll provide everyone with Parka Coats! The best part is you'll be able to keep them as one of your souvenirs!

Oh and while we're down here we can also see all the different animals in Alaska! I saw a little brown bat one time while I was using my snow blower in the backyard... it scared the hell out of me! Anyway, whoever is going the Alaska meet-up this year, let me know! I know December is pretty far off but It'll be here before you know it so start saving up!

Alaska Meet-Up 2010

Everybody who is attending the Alaska 2010 Meet-Up please post in that topic and let me know if you'll be attending this monumental event! This is NG history in the making!

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 13:28:41

can I bring my Xbox?

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 13:30:18

I can't wait to emjoy the scenic view of Russia

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 13:39:43

At 3/15/10 01:29 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Is Sarah Palin invited?

I do not think she would approve of Newgrounds' tomfoolery!

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 13:49:21

Sweet! I'm coming; I'll bring a couple heat packs. Where are we staying?

"Sit down and shut up and do as I say" -- Zeus

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:21:40

I want to climb Mt. Mckinley.

Alaska Meet-Up 2010

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:22:55

Isn't Alaska over populated by beavers?

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:29:33

At 3/15/10 01:28 PM, MindChamber wrote: can I bring my Xbox?

Of course you can bring your Xbox! We can hook it up in my Igloo and we can all play some Gears of War :D

At 3/15/10 01:29 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Is Sarah Palin invited?

Unfortunately this is only for Newgrounders so unless she has an account here she's not invited, sorry :(

At 3/15/10 01:30 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I can't wait to emjoy the scenic view of Russia

I know, right? It's gonna be a fuckin' awesome view :D

Everybody who is attending the Alaska 2010 Meet-Up please post in that topic and let me know if you'll be attending this monumental event! This is NG history in the making!

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:34:29

I wish someone would make a LV meet up already...

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:38:45

Finally! A meeting where I can go to!
See you there guys!

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:45:15

At 3/15/10 02:22 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Isn't Alaska over populated by beavers?

If by beavers you mean dragons, then yes. It is infested with beavers.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:49:04

I'm bringing my sunscreen and swim trunks! That's right fools, polar bear plunge!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 14:53:36

At 3/15/10 02:49 PM, ZagmenO wrote: I'm bringing my sunscreen and swim trunks! That's right fools, polar bear plunge!

Do you really need sunscreen to go into 40 degree water for a minute?

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 20:07:15

At 3/15/10 02:38 PM, Spirosgod wrote: Finally! A meeting where I can go to!
See you there guys!

I'm sorry but you have to be 18 and older to go to the meet-up. The reason is because I want to take everybody to the "Arctic Pole Strip Club and you have to be 18 and older to get in. The inside is made completely out of ice, right down to the pole! Hell they even have an ice lounge!

Alaska Meet-Up 2010

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-15 20:25:59

I've already bought my plane ticket and reserved my hotel so I'm good to go! Thanks for giving me all the details over the phone Alexander! Now all I have to do is save up some money for the activities! Dog Sledding? Native Americans acting out live shows Universal Studio style? River rafting? CAN'T FUCKIN' WAIT!

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-16 02:31:06

At 3/15/10 08:25 PM, Vinstigator wrote: I've already bought my plane ticket and reserved my hotel so I'm good to go! Thanks for giving me all the details over the phone Alexander! Now all I have to do is save up some money for the activities! Dog Sledding? Native Americans acting out live shows Universal Studio style? River rafting? CAN'T FUCKIN' WAIT!

Awesome! So now it's MindChamber, PsychoGoldfish, FBIpolux, and Vinstigator who are definitely going. The list continues to grow!

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-16 02:34:10

I thought it was a myth, I didn't know people actually lived in Alaska.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-16 02:40:02

sounds fun, too bad i live in australia :(

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-16 03:29:02

Will Sarah Palin be there?

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-16 05:06:50

At 3/16/10 02:35 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: I just asked my dad and he said I could borrow his Caribou.

Looks like its on, I'm mushing in style now.

I'm sorry but like I stated above, it's only for people 18 and over. Reason being is because I want to take everyone to the local strip club in Alaska. Also there's an "Ice Museum of Sex" that I want to take everyone to. All of the naked sculptures are made out of ice! And of course you have to be 18 and older to go these places. And I can't have you waiting outside of the museum because there have been a lot of polar bear attacks recently and I don't want to be responsible for you being eaten by a bear. Sorry, I hope you understand.

At 3/16/10 02:58 AM, Reed wrote: can we go extreme crab fishing

Of course!

At 3/16/10 03:29 AM, letiger wrote: Will Sarah Palin be there?

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, no she is not invited. This trip is for Newgrounders only. So unless she's a member here, no she can't come.

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-18 08:55:57

At 3/16/10 02:41 AM, Shauna wrote: Lotsa nipples are gonna be showing

Bloody nipples.
Count me in for this, I'll row my boat over.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-18 09:50:53

You guys are dicks. I thought this was serious. Haha. Oh well. I guess I'll just go to Alyeska and ride away my pains. Have fun in the lower 48 bitches.

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-18 09:57:20

At 3/18/10 09:50 AM, michelinman wrote: You guys are dicks. I thought this was serious. Haha. Oh well. I guess I'll just go to Alyeska and ride away my pains. Have fun in the lower 48 bitches.

What are you talking about? It IS serious! MindChamber and PyschoGoldfish are planning this trip with me (just look at their replies on the first page). And they both want to go extreme crab fishing! I can't wait :D

Alaska Meet-Up 2010

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 00:31:16

At 3/19/10 12:33 AM, RoboJesus wrote: Just booked a non-refundable round trip ticket to Alaska. This shit is gonna be intense.

But um... I haven't even told you which part of Alaska this trip will take place :o

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 00:37:49

At 3/18/10 09:57 AM, AlexanderThe9th wrote:
At 3/18/10 09:50 AM, michelinman wrote: You guys are dicks. I thought this was serious. Haha. Oh well. I guess I'll just go to Alyeska and ride away my pains. Have fun in the lower 48 bitches.
What are you talking about? It IS serious! MindChamber and PyschoGoldfish are planning this trip with me (just look at their replies on the first page). And they both want to go extreme crab fishing! I can't wait :D

If it was EXTREME!!! That man would be naked with wounds on his chest inflicted by the GIANT ENEMY CRAB that we would be flipping over to attack its WEAK POINT for MASSIVE DAMAGE

Trust me I know

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 00:40:45

lol I thought this thread was serious when I first clicked it. Good thread though.

PSN: BLADEZGUY

Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0

Army Rangers

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 00:46:32

wait.......is this actually serious???? O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 01:13:42

At 3/21/10 12:36 AM, DannyJay wrote: this is a joke right?

Was the NY meet-up a joke? Anyway I see that you attended both the 2009 and 2010 NY meet-up so I take it you'll attend the Alaska meet-up as well? We need someone to take pictures and you seem to have a pretty decent camera :)

At 3/21/10 12:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 3/18/10 09:57 AM, AlexanderThe9th wrote:
If it was EXTREME!!! That man would be naked with wounds on his chest inflicted by the GIANT ENEMY CRAB that we would be flipping over to attack its WEAK POINT for MASSIVE DAMAGE

Trust me I know

The guy in that pic is a pro. He's like the Chuck Norris of Extreme Crab Fishing!

At 3/21/10 12:40 AM, Bladezguy wrote: lol I thought this thread was serious when I first clicked it. Good thread though.

So I take it you won't be attending?

At 3/21/10 12:46 AM, 5FootLobster wrote: wait.......is this actually serious???? O.o

Does Snoop Dogg smoke weed? Judging by your name, I take it you like to catch king crabs?

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 01:43:54

At 3/21/10 12:31 AM, AlexanderThe9th wrote:
At 3/19/10 12:33 AM, RoboJesus wrote: Just booked a non-refundable round trip ticket to Alaska. This shit is gonna be intense.
But um... I haven't even told you which part of Alaska this trip will take place :o

Well Anchorage is the main hub of Alaska, so he probably booked a flight to there, with layovers in either LA or Seattle.

Response to Alaska Meet-Up 2010 2010-03-21 02:01:21

At 3/21/10 01:43 AM, All-American-Badass wrote:
At 3/21/10 12:31 AM, AlexanderThe9th wrote:
Well Anchorage is the main hub of Alaska, so he probably booked a flight to there, with layovers in either LA or Seattle.

I live nowhere near Anchorage though... oh well, he'll just have to dogsled the rest of the way! On a related note check this out...

New show about Alaska !!!!

And best of all, it'll act as a tour guide for people who want to visit Alaska! What perfect timing :D